*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 11:23:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Iraqi Prisoners Shown Humiliated
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Iraqi Prisoners Shown Humiliated  (Read 8719 times)
"Sixhits"
*DAMN Supporter
Forum Whore

Monkey see, monkey do

« on: April 30, 2004, 06:43:14 pm »

I suppose everyone's seen this by now - photos of Iraqi prisoners being humiliated by American GIs.

This sort of irresponsiblity is like lighting a match over a powder keg.

Worse, these few fucking idiots paint the whole American army in a negative light, when the vast majority are doing their best out there.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/allnews/tm_objectid=14195963%26method=full%26siteid=50143%26headline=outrage%2dat%2damerican%2dtorture%2dof%2diraqi%2dprisoners-name_page.html

"Perhaps, the most important thing to remember about that which we are faced with: Fascism, at its core, is a fraud. It promises the triumphal resurrection of the nation, and delivers only devastation. Strength without wisdom is a chimera, resolve without competence a travesty."
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2004, 07:02:05 pm »

Not just 'humiliation' - some of the photographs show clear and blatent torture -- physical and psychological.....

Im sure thats just done a world of fucking good for relations between the US/ West and the middle east etc... Happy birthday fundamentalists, here is some great footage to help you gather the hatred for the west.. and when u look at some of those photos its hard not to see why.

what was sick was the phot's with the troops in them - pointing at naked prisoners genitalia etc and laughing - like it was a trip to the circus or somthing...

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
cO.gabe

<< Auto Away Message >>

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2004, 01:19:54 am »

yeah....well it f*ckin pisses the hell out of me.  I just cannot begin to understand how anyone could ever do something like that.  Especially TRAINED SOLDIERS.  I mean, the whole reason they are in Iraq is to FREE the people from acts like this.  This whole thing reminds me of something a sixth grader might do to a third grader as a prank or something.  It f*cking disgusts me.

"The day I tried to live, I wallowed in the blood and mud with all the other pigs... And I learned that I was a liar, just like you."
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2004, 02:32:15 am »

Sick isn't it... doing to the people that you've 'freed' the very thing you freed them from... Its just disgusting.

KGB

what's going on

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2004, 01:37:13 pm »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3675723.stm.

Apparently this isn't a stand alone thing.
And you still think you gonna win the harts of the Iraqi people.
This war was lost before it began.
Thank you for helping to make this world less save.

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2004, 02:49:53 pm »

"In Iraq we're in a nosedive. Things are happening which were entirely predictable and predicted.

"An army of liberation, particularly a British/American one, turns within hours into an army of occupation."

says it all dosn't it... pretty shocking about the apparent British soldiers... bet their fellow guys dont' feel best inpressed giving them a bad name after they have done so well in basra... it just takes a couple of retarded fu*kwits

-------------------

News update from the BBC brings note the fact that several 'errors' have been found in the apparent pictures of British soldiers humiliating iraqi prisoners:

BBC defence correspondent Paul Adams says sources close to The Queen's Lancashire Regiment believe many aspects of the photographs are suspicious.

He says they believe the pictures may not have even been taken in Iraq.

?They believe the rifle is an SA80 mk 1 - which was not issued to troops in Iraq.

?They say soldiers in Iraq wore berets or hard hats - and not floppy hats as in the photos.

?They also believe the wrong type of Bedford truck is shown in the background - a type never deployed in Iraq.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2004, 04:17:38 pm by :MoD: BFG » Logged

KGB

what's going on

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2004, 12:45:45 am »

No reply from Ghostsniper  Huh

BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2004, 02:30:26 am »

No reply from Ghostsniper  Huh

Actually, I did reply.  Would somebody like to tell me who deleted my post?

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
Ssickboy

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2004, 07:22:50 am »

you may be thinking of your reply in the "dont switch horse mid appoclypse" thread
« Last Edit: May 03, 2004, 07:23:44 am by Ssickboy » Logged

Retire Bush
cookie

still tippin'

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2004, 08:48:03 am »

what happened there is inexcusable, inappropriate.... and i can't believe trained soldiers would stoop that low.

agreed sixhits, these kind of things damage the good name of everyone else giving it their all out there, and its downright depressing to think these kind of people are supposed to represent their country.

i'd say this was a judgement error on the military's behalf. most of the people who resort to POW abuse and other random acts of violence have pre-existing psychological disorders, or turn into animals out there as they buckle under all the stress. though it isn't always preventable, someone should have picked up on the warning signs.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2004, 02:46:24 pm by cookie » Logged

The things that will destroy us are politics without principle; pleasure without conscience; wealth without work; knowledge without character; business without morality; science without humanity; and worship without sacrifice.  ---
Gandhi

Back then they didn't want me, now I'm hot, hoes all on me.
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2004, 03:24:25 pm »

you may be thinking of your reply in the "dont switch horse mid appoclypse" thread

No, I replied to KGB's post (the one about 5 from the top) and all I said was that he was a stupid fucking moron for hoping that we lose in Iraq.  That's just what I got from his statement about the war being "lost before it began."

So, someone deleted that and I was just wondering who.

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2004, 04:35:25 pm »

Bah, to see this from American troops, that really pisses me off.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
Dutch Ghost
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2004, 08:23:12 pm »

Do you know what them Dogs (iraqi soldiers) DID???
the whole fucking islam should be terminated  Embarrassed

them guys are very dangerous
i predict a 3rd ewar with islamic people within 5 yrs  Lips Sealed

so good for them iraqi dogs  Roll Eyes

greets Ghost
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2004, 08:31:56 pm »

Would someone mind deleting this idiot 'Dutch Ghost's' post please? It is highly racist, bigoted and  pretty damn disgusting.

BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2004, 08:36:25 pm »

Would someone mind deleting this idiot 'Dutch Ghost's' post please? It is highly racist, bigoted and  pretty damn disgusting.

Oh I don't know.....

My only problem with it is he didn't sign in and tell us who he really is!  lol

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2004, 08:41:36 pm »

Ghost please tell me this is part of your F*cking disgusting 'sense of humor' or have you sunk to a new level?

BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2004, 09:13:03 pm »

Ghost please tell me this is part of your F*cking disgusting 'sense of humor' or have you sunk to a new level?

Yes, actually it IS part of my fucking disgusting sense of humor.  I see people still have trouble with my sarcasm/sense of humor.

muhahahahahaha

KGB

what's going on

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2004, 11:44:26 pm »

No, I replied to KGB's post (the one about 5 from the top) and all I said was that he was a stupid fucking moron for hoping that we lose in Iraq.
Hell GS as always you seem to read things that aren't there, where in my post did I HOPE for anything.
I still would like to see you respond to the fact that trained american soldiers behaved like animals.
Thank U

ps stop insulting people when you want to reply to something, maybe that is why it got deleted.

play nice

(i'm not about to let this thread die)

BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2004, 12:08:36 am »

I still would like to see you respond to the fact that trained american soldiers behaved like animals.

play nice

(first of all, I NEVER PLAY NICE) Smiley

Now, for my response....

What these few soldiers did is totally unacceptable.  I am quite sure they will be brought up on Court-Martial charges under violations of the UCMJ.  But I really don't want to hear anyone else talk about how this is some widespread problem occurring all over Iraq (as I saw on a T.V. report today).

But hey, the one where the female soldier is pointing at the Iraqi's small genitals and laughing was rather amusing.  Wink

Cossack
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

SEMPER TRANSFUEGA

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2004, 05:42:41 am »

You know the Americans did this sort of thing in past wars. You know POW camps for ex-Wehrmacht (not the SS just plain regular soldiers) were put into extreamly cramped quarters (standing room space only). When they were thirsty they would have water sprayed on them (keep in mind this was during the winter). They were not allowed letters or outside contact with their families which is a violation against the Geneva Convention. Look at the book Other Losses to know more about what I am rambling on about.

Despite this being a post that has been put together inadequatley, the point I am attempting to get across is that everyone on all sides has always commited these sorts of atrocities. Germans, Jappenese, Russians, Italians, Germans, Iraqis, Afghanis, and even the US. I would be suprised that something like this didnt happen albeit dispicable and unfortunate. It is the dark side of humanity.

BREAD LAND AND PEACE!
R.I.P Grifter
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads