*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 05:29:03 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  iTunes v4.5: Freedom, or Fallacy?
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: iTunes v4.5: Freedom, or Fallacy?  (Read 1331 times)
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« on: April 29, 2004, 01:40:23 am »

So, iTunes 4.5 is out, bringing with it some new additions. First of all, theres the movie trailers now available in iTunes. Pretty irrelevant for a couple of reasons. 1. You can get previews(and times!) using Safari, and 2. Trailers have always been on the Apple site. I suppose this feature was added more for the benefit of our friends the pc users.

Next improvement: Music videos. Actually kind of cool because you don't have to watch hours of shitty MTV to see a new video. Its up in iTunes(tho with not so good quality) at your finger tips. No more using Limewire to dl them and feeling guilty.

Party Mixer: Pretty cool, but its mostly just being able to see which 20 random songs the computer will choose for you next. Useful, but not necessarily perfect. It's a good start.

iMix's: Great, great idea. I love the idea of being able to publish my mixes on the web, available for easy download. But heres the problem: It seems that all of the songs of the mixes have to be available on iTunes(if this isnt true, someone pls alert me). Now everyone knows that iTunes doesn't have the greatest selection, so it doesn't make for the greatest mixes. Say I had a great song by a local band, I couldn't put it on the mix. This leads to repeaditive mixes. I saw at least 10 iMix's which contained The Postal Services "Such Great Heights" a great song, but not when listened to a gazillion times. In order for iMixes to work, there has to be a huge surge in availibility of the songs. I think that in order for Apple to retain its image of a funky, innovative and in touch company it is critical for them to begin to provide a greater number, and more varied songs. I don't want to listen to a mix containing blink 182 and Good Charlette, I want to listen to The Red House Painters, or obscure bands that I didnt even know existed. If they improve this, it will be an amazing idea. Plus: All of the Beastie Boy's cds, 120 songs. How sweet is that?

Just thought I'd share my thoughts on the new update. I hope its more interesting than Ghostsnipers condom anecdote...

Feel free to share thoughts..

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2004, 01:48:51 am »

The update is nothing but good news.

700,000 songs is a better catalog than any of the other Legal Music DL services out there.

Most of the songs aren't up to Apple to put them on the store, the Record Labels and Artists of the songs have most of the say most likely, Apple is doing their best I'm sure.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2004, 02:40:15 am »

Aww com'n man! all the rap...you need a musical education Grin

OKay, for example I just published my own playlist, and out of 22 songs I wanted to publish, I could only publish 15. Before you jump on me, two of the notable bands missing were Led Zepplin and Ani Difranco.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2004, 02:54:32 am by Spike.aHa » Logged

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
cO.gabe

<< Auto Away Message >>

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2004, 04:12:24 am »

No Red Hot Chili Peppers! WTF?!?

"The day I tried to live, I wallowed in the blood and mud with all the other pigs... And I learned that I was a liar, just like you."
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2004, 05:30:11 am »

You guys seemed to miss the part about the free song every Tuesday from it's featured artist.

Sure, you may not want to hear a week's artist, but it is a cool thing to do, one more right move.

Where is chicken little now?

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Screw the pussy isolationists and their shortsightedness - Buccaneer
a_Dingo
*DAMN Supporter

What was that you said.... Duck?

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2004, 11:54:05 am »

Damn... bugger, bugger, bugger, I WISH that we could get tunes in Australia... Guess we will have to wait until we are formally the 53rd state.

Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so - The late Douglas Adams
11.Dr.5150

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2004, 04:14:29 pm »

no itnes in australia? why?
Toxic::Joka
Forum Whore

Now available in PC flavour.

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2004, 05:30:19 pm »

Whew, thank god you could remove the "itunes music store arrows" they were getting annoying.. .

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2004, 08:27:17 pm »

lol your telling me! That was the first bloody thing i did heh... not even sure exactly why they were there in the first place? ... as a fast link to get more music of the person u allready have type thiings?

Dingo... do u mean iTunes as a app, or do you mean itunes and the iTMs? nobody outside of the US has the iTMs

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2004, 04:46:03 am »

Quick update.

I know I mentioned that the iTunes music store is giving away a new song every week, but this week, they will be giving away a different song every day. The artists include: Foo Fighers, Avril Lavigne, Courtney Love, Annie Lennox, Jane's Addiction, Counting Crows, Renee Flemming, and Nelly Furtado      

Today's is Avril Lavigne.

This is a great way to listen to a couple artists you maybe haven't before.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Screw the pussy isolationists and their shortsightedness - Buccaneer
*DAMN Elandrion
Global Moderator
Forum Whore

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2004, 11:40:32 pm »

One of the best new features are the Music Videos. Although there are only 72 at the moment, you can get them all at a reasonable size (~50MB) and even copy to a storage place to your liking...

*DAMN Elandrion - another *DAMN Austrian!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads