*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 09:32:40 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Cost of Mini IPod Raises Questions
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cost of Mini IPod Raises Questions  (Read 1845 times)
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

« on: February 29, 2004, 03:40:04 pm »

Cost of Mini IPod Raises Questions - Yahoo! News

Lips Sealed

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
|MP|Cringe

« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2004, 03:56:09 pm »

Suck my dick, the mini owns, and if youre dumb enough to refuse buying it because it costs 50 more, youre a complete moron since you get so much more for those 50.

Evill: Rapid, stfu.
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2004, 04:23:56 pm »

All stupidity, iPod vs Mini is so last month. No one cares, I'm buying my iPm soon so shhhh and let this thread die a terrible death.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2004, 06:25:05 pm »

I couldn't agree more, Snipe.

Personally, I don't understand why anyone would buy an iPod mini. If you're going to spend 250 bucks on an MP3 player, shell out another 50 to get a far superior one.

Size? Fuck that. I would rather have my 10GB reguar iPod than even a 10GB mini.

I don't think the mini's will sell well, simply because they hit an unwated market. Their price tag will scare away the people who are just looking for a cheap MP3 player, and their lack of storage will scare away the buyers who want a decent MP3 player.  

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
kami
God bless the freaks

You're not a man without *NADS.

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2004, 10:37:15 pm »

1 GB isn't enough for a decent mp3 player? What world do you live on? There were more than a 100k pre-orders of the mini, I feel it's going to fare fairly well. I'd buy one if I had the money, those things are just so damn nice.

*NADS toilet cleaner goldylocks

'There is nothing divine about morality, it is a purely human affair.' - Albert Einstein
'With soap, baptism is a good thing.' - Robert G. Ingersoll
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2004, 11:26:40 pm »

Typhy, I take back what you said earlier, you were better off with your head up Casper's ass than you are with it up your own.

The only people who don't like the mini are those who are so ignorant that the would prefer a old Ti Powerbook over a 3Ghz G5. (Not pointing any fingers at anyone previously mentioned in this post).

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mr. Phil
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2004, 03:47:28 am »

Dear Gentle Readers,

Reasons that the Mini-iPod is worth more than the regular iPod:

- The Mini-iPod is brand new.. New products usualy cost alot when they come out, and the price reduces after many people buy it, and it starts to get old.

- it is smaller than a regular iPod. It takes more money and it is harder to make electronic devices very small.

That's what I believe.
"Sixhits"
*DAMN Supporter
Forum Whore

Monkey see, monkey do

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2004, 09:46:43 am »

When the mini hits 5 gigs I'm buying one.

"Perhaps, the most important thing to remember about that which we are faced with: Fascism, at its core, is a fraud. It promises the triumphal resurrection of the nation, and delivers only devastation. Strength without wisdom is a chimera, resolve without competence a travesty."
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2004, 03:17:25 pm »

Just a quicky..... People have been complaining about the cost of the mini but actually considering the technology it would be bloody inpossible currently to produce the product for any less... lets not forget this thing is freaking tiny... if i didn't have a 40Gb ipod i'd have bought one of these little babies... in fact i might get one for my little bro's 18th b'day Cheesy

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2004, 10:20:39 pm »

I think a trip to the past is in order. This is how people reacted to the original iPod:
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=500

De ja vu.    

Mini haters ---> Embarrassed  <-----iPod Mini

Random quotes from reactions to original iPod:
"iPoop... iCry. I was so hoping for something more."
"Great just what the world needs, another freaking MP3 player."
"I still can't believe this! All this hype for something so ridiculous! Who cares about an MP3 player?"
"gee! an mp3 player with a HD! how original! kinda reminds me of a JUKEBOX i once knew.."
"OH NO! Just checked Apple Store - they want $399.00 for this thing...Ouch!!!"
"I mean 5GB in a little tiny thing like that, it's amazing."--more ironic than bad.
"All that hype for an MP3 player? Break-thru digital device? The Reality Distiortion Field?"

Read the rest yourselves, seems so...well only a smilie could describe this: Tongue
« Last Edit: March 01, 2004, 10:21:14 pm by Mysterio » Logged

John Lennon
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2004, 04:04:14 am »

lol... wonder if those folks who posted those are eating thier socks yet.

Socks?... hats i mean, hats

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
iroc38927

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2004, 06:24:18 pm »

Dear Gentle Readers,

- The Mini-iPod is brand new.. New products usualy cost alot when they come out, and the price reduces after many people buy it, and it starts to get old.

- it is smaller than a regular iPod. It takes more money and it is harder to make electronic devices very small.

That's what I believe.
I totally agree my friend. Once rich consumers buy enough of the little bastards, us poor folk can afford one; hey maybe even two.

(SEALs)
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2004, 08:51:30 pm »

i haven't bought either because they are both still over priced for what they are.  

For the guys that think the reduction in size of the iPod mini is worth "paying more for less", I just wonder if you wear your pants too tight maybe.  

Size is the only thing the iPod mini has going for it.  And with the reduction in HD size, I just don't see the need.  

Then again, since my laptop goes almost everywhere I go, I just use it anyway.  Figure for about $1100, I get an iBook with 60GB, it would cost $1000 to get that much space out of iPods, and I can do more with the iBook.  Nice to be able to play a game of asshole while listening to the music.  

I can't actually think of any place I'd want to be listening to some music that I couldn't whip out my laptop, or that it would be more convienent to have an iPod.  

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Screw the pussy isolationists and their shortsightedness - Buccaneer
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2004, 11:23:21 pm »

I can't actually think of any place I'd want to be listening to some music that I couldn't whip out my laptop, or that it would be more convienent to have an iPod.  

What about just walking around?

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2004, 11:36:12 pm »

Dear Gentle Readers,

That's what I believe.

I thought Snipey was banned from *DAMN? (Mr/Dr.Phil, Brue, John =snipey)

John Lennon
alaric
Forum Whore

What good is life if you don't have freedom?

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2004, 11:53:29 pm »

The main place I use my iPod is in my car. Without my iPod to save me from the hell that is corporate radio, I might just go insane. CDs or an iBook would accomplish about the same thing, but it wouldn't be nearly as convenient.

Another place I use my iPod is when I'm transfering computers around campus. A portable cd player could be used, but again, not as convenient.

"I would rather have incompetence and abuse of power than a group of people who want to bow down to the French and the United Nations." - BTs Ghostsniper, June 17, 2004, 01:44:16 PM
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2004, 01:45:13 am »

I think think the iPod Mini's design sheds light into the future of it's big brother. As I said in previous threads, what baffles me why the iPod has a consumer look, and the mini have the pro look. Either way I'm still getting my mini when they are available in Canada.

John Lennon
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2004, 03:12:49 am »

Alaric, I have a 6 CD changer in the truck, so that's pretty much enough for me.  For moving files around, External FW drives or networking does great.  Especially since I have that new gigabit switch, it's much faster than firewire =D.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Screw the pussy isolationists and their shortsightedness - Buccaneer
cO.gabe

<< Auto Away Message >>

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2004, 08:09:43 pm »

Okay, so here is the big question.  I want an iPod.  I have about 500 songs in my music collection, but I am planning on expanding it.  I also would use my iPod for data storage.  Should i get an iPod or an iPod mini?

"The day I tried to live, I wallowed in the blood and mud with all the other pigs... And I learned that I was a liar, just like you."
kami
God bless the freaks

You're not a man without *NADS.

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2004, 08:12:33 pm »

How about a little USB stick for small file transfers? Cheaper and easier.

*NADS toilet cleaner goldylocks

'There is nothing divine about morality, it is a purely human affair.' - Albert Einstein
'With soap, baptism is a good thing.' - Robert G. Ingersoll
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads