*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 07:30:48 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  The 20 Mac Games that Mattered Most
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The 20 Mac Games that Mattered Most  (Read 1650 times)
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

« on: February 26, 2004, 09:16:01 pm »

Inside Mac Games? has written an article called The 20 Mac Games that Mattered Most. It is an excellent article which cites some of the greatest games of the mac's history. I also want to congratulate Hellcats and Prince of Persia for making the list. I played those two games starting from when I was around 4 up until I was around 13.

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
Cutter

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2004, 09:42:46 pm »

good article, but how the fuck could they overlook r6? they choose halo and bugdom, but not one of the clancy games. not even the original. somebody didn't do their homework.

Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn.
cO.gabe

<< Auto Away Message >>

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2004, 01:19:27 am »

I am very glad they put Prince of Persia on there.  That is probably my favorite old school game.  I musta beat it four of five times.

"The day I tried to live, I wallowed in the blood and mud with all the other pigs... And I learned that I was a liar, just like you."
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2004, 02:05:05 am »

I musta beat it four of five times.

rofl. In all my years of playing it, I don't think I ever beat it, though I did get quite far in it.

Too much screwing around playing chicken by jumping between the metal blades, perhaps?

By the way, if you're stuck in OSX, or don't have the game, they made an online flash version of Prince of Persia!!!

Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
c| Lone-Wolf
Forum Whore

Frog blast the vent core!

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2004, 06:27:16 am »

Im just happy Marathon is on there...thats the one that got me hooked.  Granted, it scared the piss out of me because i was so young, but man..."YOU KILLED BOB!!!"  *blam* Embarrassed   Grin

Marathon was the most revolutionary, Marathon 2 was the most fun, and M:I was the most in-depth and challenging...plus Multiplayer was so damn fun.  Who could say no to the Fusion Pistol or AR on the Rambo XXXIII physics model?

Mmmmm nostalgia...
Lone-Wolf

Quote from: (SiX)Sheixhundt
Air is a mechanism of control.
and i reject it.

They cant hit me from all the way over the-
cO.gabe

<< Auto Away Message >>

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2004, 07:09:53 am »

OMFG SNIPE YOU ARE MY SAVIOR!!!

yeah its a really hard game to beat, there are some tricks you have to figure out just by doing it enough times....  i remember a few places like fighting the invincible skeleton on the bridge, and the only way to get past him is to have him fall down when the bridge breaks, but you have to hold on.... omg this brings back great memories.....

good times

"The day I tried to live, I wallowed in the blood and mud with all the other pigs... And I learned that I was a liar, just like you."
"Sixhits"
*DAMN Supporter
Forum Whore

Monkey see, monkey do

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2004, 07:21:48 am »

Yah, Marathon was what got me into First Person Shooters. I hated Doom - what a stupid game. It had no story so why did I care whether I killed the Imp or not. But Marathan ... had Durandal. I loved the plot twists, the elegent physics (nades lob!), and things that went splat.

X-Wing was classic too. Just wish I hadn't played it to death on my buddy's PC.

Escape Velocity was a game that ate up my time like mad during highschool. Named my ships after my girlfriends. Sold them when we broke up. :-)

But where is ALLIED GENERAL? AG was the muthafuckign shizit. I still play on an old G3 Powerbook that I keep just for that purpose.

"Perhaps, the most important thing to remember about that which we are faced with: Fascism, at its core, is a fraud. It promises the triumphal resurrection of the nation, and delivers only devastation. Strength without wisdom is a chimera, resolve without competence a travesty."
Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

i heart ghostsniper's austrian wife

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2004, 08:18:16 am »

wait,
you mean to tell me that we have 20 "mac" games?

No sig pics please! - Mauti
Next time you get a ban, Jeb.
|?K|*R@p1d*: i mean, i'm like the worst rs player ever
cO.Kuza

because we call blunts bleezies

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2004, 08:23:51 am »

I remember back in the day when marathon seemed to have good graphics lol.

is it 2008 yet?
Toxic::Joka
Forum Whore

Now available in PC flavour.

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2004, 09:39:00 am »

Marathon...ooohyea, i remember being a little kid and beeing scared as hell of those aliens.

Escape velocity..ohman, i had a huge ass fleet...my ship was upgraded to the max with all the best parts...money like bill gates...And my kingdom was huge, i had pretty much every other solarsystem/galaxy/planet under control cept Sol...the confederations central system, with earth... If you ever tried taking Sol you know its somewhat impossible...they keep sending a endless amount of cruisers, I lost track somewhere around 100..finally gave up and hyperspaced out of there, havent played it since.

*Nostalgia trippin'*
« Last Edit: February 27, 2004, 09:39:45 am by Toxic::Joka » Logged

Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2004, 12:22:24 pm »

How to play Marathon (or 2, or Infinity) on OS X: Marathon: Aleph One

How to play EV and EV:O on OS X: Nova plugins

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2004, 09:15:56 pm »

If anyone knows of any Hellcats for OSX, please tell me.

I want my Hellcats back...  Sad

cO.gabe

<< Auto Away Message >>

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2004, 10:11:09 pm »

i still have hellcats on an old g3 we have... there is no way they will make it for OSX though.  

I got Hellcats as a package with two other games - Spectre and Super Tetris.  Those were great games too.

yay!  

c| Lone-Wolf
Forum Whore

Frog blast the vent core!

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2004, 12:34:20 am »

Loth...I love you.  I think the first thing ill do if/when i get a top of the line Mac, is put an OSX verson of M2 on there and spend the whole day playing.  Just to kind of bless the computer, if you will.  Imbue it with good spirits.

Grin

Lone-Wolf

Quote from: (SiX)Sheixhundt
Air is a mechanism of control.
and i reject it.

They cant hit me from all the way over the-
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2004, 02:08:09 am »

ev nova... the game that never ends... god i wasted so many hours in lectures playing that game heh

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
cO.Kuza

because we call blunts bleezies

« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2004, 10:06:27 am »

I hear yah BFG.. you start to play ev nova at the start thinking there is a point to the game then you realize that its really quite pointless and boring...
After about a week of play its a real snoozer

is it 2008 yet?
KoS.Rebel
Forum Whore

+-Killers on Spree-+

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2004, 02:22:03 pm »

Snipe i agree, rather then Bugdom i think they should have put Rainbow Six. My reasons for this is that Rainbow Six was written (as a book) and created (as a game) at the same time. They were both released at the same time. I was watching a thing on G4 (a gaming channel on the TV) about how R6 changed the face of gaming because it placed realism into games as in one shot one kill. This game got many gamers hooked and i feel that it should replace bugdom or any other pointless game on that top 20.

The extent of one's abilities is only limited by the restrictions of one's mind
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2004, 05:46:21 pm »

Snipe i agree, rather then Bugdom i think they should have put Rainbow Six. My reasons for this is that Rainbow Six was written (as a book) and created (as a game) at the same time. They were both released at the same time. I was watching a thing on G4 (a gaming channel on the TV) about how R6 changed the face of gaming because it placed realism into games as in one shot one kill. This game got many gamers hooked and i feel that it should replace bugdom or any other pointless game on that top 20.

Actually it was Cutter that said that, but I agree too.  Wink

iroc38927

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2004, 06:12:26 pm »

All I can say is there is something worng w/ the people that made thoses decisions that bugdom was a top 20 w/o r6.
tisk tisk!

(SEALs)
cO.gabe

<< Auto Away Message >>

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2004, 07:59:11 pm »

They used to give you Bugdom free with the old iMacs it was so bad.  They would never give you R6 for free (I feel the same way about Nanosaur and Cro-Mag Rally)

bugdom------> Embarrassed  <------R6, RS, GhR, and RvS

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads