*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 05:38:47 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  New flagship store in London!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New flagship store in London!  (Read 730 times)
th.Sentinel

« on: February 13, 2004, 04:45:30 pm »

New flagship store in  London!

Apple stalks core London shoppers
By Jenny Davey

APPLE Computer is planning to open a giant flagship store on London?s Regent Street after striking a deal with the Crown Estate, the holding company for the Queen?s property assets, The Times has learnt.

The outlet, which will span 20,000 sq ft is expected to sell Apple?s entire product line including the iPod digital music player range and Apple notebooks and desktop computers. Apple stores also sell digital cameras and camcorders and hold free interactive workshops.

The outlet, which is expected to cost Apple about ?1.5 million a year in rent, would be its first flagship store in Europe. So far it has just five other flagship stores based in New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, Tokyo and San Francisco. In total it has about 75 retail stores, mainly in the US.

The deal with the Crown Estate, forms part of an ambitious ?500 million plan to improve Regent Street over the next ten years. Apple will take space in the Crown?s first redevelopment at 229-247 Regent Street. The store is expected to open in time for Christmas.

At the end of last month the Crown submitted applications for a scheme at the Piccadilly end of the street, which would involve redeveloping the Caf? Royal as a 5-star hotel and demolishing the Regent Palace Hotel and replacing it with shops and offices.

I'm gonna visit the UK more often once that store is open  Wink

+    + +    ++[+] +     ++[+]
BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2004, 04:50:22 pm »

Wow, this gives me a reason to visit Europe again.  And there I thought I would never go back!  lol

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
Blitz

Pride and dignity mean nothing on the battlefield!

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2004, 07:02:01 pm »

The Apple Stores are like Starbucks.  They just need a host... AND BOOM! There we have 3 Apple Stores in the same block!

X1|Blitz Cool

I WILL EAT YOUR SOUL!!!!! RRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2004, 02:12:14 am »

Damn it sound freaking big... apparently local apple resellers are ... well "disapointed but not surprised"

Im gonna have to get my ass on a train and go visit it should it appear in the next year or so Wink

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads