*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 09:30:56 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  The Plan For Banned GR Players
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Plan For Banned GR Players  (Read 1477 times)
Peekay
« on: June 25, 2001, 01:32:32 am »

After several minutes of DEEP thinking...(and I mean DEEEEEEEEEEEP), and talking to a good friend that knows web design and stuff, I've came up with this:

We make a program that gets all the info of all games on GR from a friend that's NOT banned, and hosts the program for us.  This program (I'm not completely sure yet.), will get all info from games: Game Type, Host, IP address, Ping, ect.  And will save it into a HTML format.  Now, this is probably the most ingenious thing i've thought of in about 3 months (when I invented the underwater breathing machine)...uhhh...nevermind.  The most feared thing of all, that got this all started with me and Evill...FTP!!!!  We upload the HTML file to a server, (maybe angelfire!!! even angelfire will work!) using FTP and replace an HTML file.  Now, this will only be uploaded every 10 to 15 mins because my friend does have around 5 comps in one house and does play games...So all we have to do is refresh, and there's the new list, if anybody wishes to host the server for us on a dedicated line, sign up now!!! and we can have it updated every 30 secs to 1 min.  Now, this may sound very confusing, but this is really engenious of me (I think).  And if you have any questions about this thing, please respond to this post and ask away...Again, these are just ideas and I'm no programmer, (if you consider OneClick, AppleScript, and QuicKeys hardcore programming, I am a l33t programmer).  And I'm gonna need a LOT of help.  The web site will be no problem since we could use FTP...the main problem is the program at this point.  So...if anybody wishes to participate in programming/can program better than Kevill, perhaps a MacSoft programmer, (if so, better delete that thread!!!)  and join up laddies and gentlemen to perhaps the thing that may change GameRanger for quite some time.  Now, about the hacking thing, it's perhaps possible for me to find a hole, with help of some friends, but, i'm not gonna.  It's not worth it at all.  And I mean, just a little insider hint, GameRanger IP has EVERY port open....literally EVERY port.  That's pretty funny if you ask me.  Well, I"m outta here guys...it's 12:40 here, i probably won't be able to sleep and I have to wake up at 8 to work.  Well, good night, sleep well, don't let the GR bugs bite...and I'm on a night high.  Goodnite!

Peekay

P.S. Ace, you better be giving me that explanation of why I'm lying pretty soon...And relax a little sometimes, I'm sorry if I implied the meaning that Evill is the one to blame, and he is in a way (NOTICE: IN A WAY), but still...I didn't think I did anything wrong and I'm trying to prove my point a little.  Well, goodbye all, I hope this fits into one message....(PLEASE!!!))))
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 am by 1029654000 » Logged
Banders answering machine
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2001, 12:33:35 pm »

Heyas!

hehe - ok seems like my advice came a bit late. there is already such a thread well -

Jul - i guess i understood some things wrong before. Now i see how ur plan shall work. sounds not bad.

as i said before - good luck
if u need some grafix tell me. logo and stuff hah?

*DAMN Bandersnatcha
Romeo
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2001, 02:25:15 pm »

ok, so we have it runing ona ftp server right? well, what if say a serton someone tries to hack it say. well, im not going to use names but he has a gaming server, lol. no im just kidding, i know he wouldn't do that even though he could because he lives across the world and we can't do jack shit to get him in trouble. but, yeah, ill help. also, that person that is not banned and all the info is coming from, what if he gets banned, do you know how many people will be pissed?
-romeo
Peekay
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2001, 04:15:16 pm »

Now, Romeo, how is this person to be banned?  :::Cough::: John....hehehehe...

Out of the 150 people on GR at one time, how is evill gonna know each one?  all the person has to do is basically stay idle the WHOLE TIME!!!  And using a program such as ICMP logger...we could get the IPs of the hosted games on GR....not hard...Now you understand? What's Evill gonna do?  Message everybody??  And if somebody not there, ban him? What?  (Oh yeah...I was outta town and I left it on GR just for the heck of it)...What is he gonna do now? Understand?
Ace
Resident Ass
God bless the freaks

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2001, 10:30:55 am »

peekay, the reason i said ur lying (cuz ur obviously too slow to have read it before) is because A) u wouldnt have gotten a permaban for just accessing the guest account AND B) evill said to me one day "btw, peekay is lying (about what he did)"

also, im pretty sure evill would catch onto ur "genius" idea pretty quickly... i doubt there are any accounts (other than possibly utterer) that are on all the time... it doesnt take much of a brain to put two and two together... evill could just ban a suspected account for 30 mins or an hour; if ur little program stops updating, he has found the culprit

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
jn.blackhand
Special Forces

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2001, 02:07:29 pm »

it's a little thing called the access log dumbass.
SiGmA_X
Forum Whore

Take a look to the sky before you die

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2001, 08:03:41 pm »

Ace- i think that you are probley right, cuz if the one person was kicked, it would all go crashing down. BUT, what if we used like TEN ppl? that would make the odds of being found out less. also Peekay-were u in a GUEST account or a ADMIN account on the GR FTP server? and one last comment, i *think* that as of July 5th, i can have a fast DSL line with two servers on it ready for your use. email/message me for more info.

-SiGmA_X
Dual AMD XP1800+ (OC'd 1.8GHz with air), GeForce4Ti4400 (OC'd 300/600 with air), 2x60GB Seagate HDDs, 80GB IBM HDD, 1GB DDR333 PC-2700

Grifter, RIP

Peekay
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2001, 02:48:20 am »

Okay...one last time I'll say this to you...

On the FTP server...I was trying to access it so I could get the GameRanger.html because the HTTP server was down...Now...The first couple times of trying to connect to the FTP server, it said "Login Incorrect".  The reason? Because the default settings were for my FTP were set to "admin" and "((my password))" for when I run my server when I run it for friends...After realizing this, I connected with "anonymous" to find nothing in the FTP server...after finding nothing...I kinda left....and by the way, "oh yeah, Peekay is lying (about what he did)".....Ummm....Huh  Okay...So if bander said "Ace is Peekay and he is lying"......Is the normal person gonna believe him for that ONE STATEMENT?  OKay...I'm sure Evill can see my mouse moving and see EXACTLY what I did and that I was "trying to bypass the GameRanger FTP server".  Umm....okay...  And Kevill won't be able to figure it out...Because the Program i am making will disconnect every once in a while...On non-peak times...like Monday...or Tuesday...Or Wednesday...and another IP will run it when it is down...So it is switching off...And this WILL work...I can gurantee it..Oh yeah...after reading your message about finding the server...I could have like 2 accounts on different accounts switching off when one gets banned...Now...out of the 5000 people on GR...and the possibility of it being 2 people simultaniously, after several mins. of calculation...I came out with this....1250250....that's how many tries it would take Evill to figure it out :-)...And the reason I got banned, was because he THOUGHT I was trying to bypass the server..(Correction again...I didn't get access to the FTP server because i didn't TRY, some people actually think I got the pw...Like ace said, "You wouldn't get banned if you only accessed the guest [supposed to be anonymous] account.).and the reason I'm mad at him?  He didn't give me a chance to talk to him and he won't respond to any of my e-mails.  THAT'S WHY I'M MAD!!!  Just like everybody else that was Perma-Banned and just got their account...THAT's WHY!!!  And another reason I'm also mad is because when I was telling somebody of my Hotline Site so they could download my "Secondary Mod", I was banned.  I mean...he don't even cut slack for anybody...And I agree with anarchy...I respect Kevill for GameRanger and stuff...but come on...Everybody else was SOOOO pissed when they got banned (Vapor, Zom@r).  So don't be bitching at me Ace.
Scott_Kevill

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2001, 02:53:17 pm »

Okay...one last time I'll say this to you...

On the FTP server...I was trying to access it so I could get the GameRanger.html because the HTTP server was down...Now...The first couple times of trying to connect to the FTP server, it said "Login Incorrect". ?The reason? Because the default settings were for my FTP were set to "admin" and "((my password))" for when I run my server when I run it for friends...After realizing this, I connected with "anonymous" to find nothing in the FTP server...after finding nothing...I kinda left....and by the way, "oh yeah, Peekay is lying (about what he did)".....Ummm....Huh ?Okay...So if bander said "Ace is Peekay and he is lying"......Is the normal person gonna believe him for that ONE STATEMENT? ?OKay...I'm sure Evill can see my mouse moving and see EXACTLY what I did and that I was "trying to bypass the GameRanger FTP server".

Amazing that Peekay still claims he was just trying to get the web page source with a few accidental login attempts..

For anyone that still believes this lamer that additionally used to crash your R6 and possibly RS games, read this:

http://www.GameRanger.com/offense.txt

Have a good read through that everyone. Make sure you read right to the end where it gets interesting. He was definitely trying to break in and delete files. Of course he didn't get anywhere because he's clueless.

I suggest Mauti bans the lamer from this forum as well. His current static IP addresses are 24.178.25.198 and 24.178.25.198.

It's getting old, the way losers like this get banned and them come onto the forums proclaiming their innocence and acting like martyrs. Then a bunch of others believe them that it's an evil tyrant at work rather than the obvious. Credit to those that saw through him.

Yes, Vapor, I read every post you made about me on here, yet I decided to let you back anyway.

Scott.

GameRanger - the multiplayer online gaming service
Romeo
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2001, 04:16:37 pm »

HOLY SHIT!!! Evill is talking to someone... THATS A SOCKER!
well, i look at that one gameranger site evill and how does someone try to break in 6 times a sec?Huh?? that is messed up, lol. well, i simple edit>copy Edit>paste will do the work, wont it evill??? lol that is some crazzzzzy shit. well, that is just pritty funny. lol
-romeo,
?why am i banned evill?
Asterax

Got root?

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2001, 09:42:49 pm »

HEY, isn't releasing IP's a breach of rules? And is your reason for some one doing something wrong always a permant IP ban?

I who have nothing.
SiGmA_X
Forum Whore

Take a look to the sky before you die

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2001, 10:32:21 pm »

Asterax - This is a REALLY old topic, but I think I want to comment... I don't know about a breach of rules, but I think that most everything is a permaban. I got one for trying to get my password back from my multiple acccounts, and I have not used more then one in over a month! Damn. I am pissed, but MaG is better, so I let it rest in death.

-SiGmA_X
Dual AMD XP1800+ (OC'd 1.8GHz with air), GeForce4Ti4400 (OC'd 300/600 with air), 2x60GB Seagate HDDs, 80GB IBM HDD, 1GB DDR333 PC-2700

Grifter, RIP

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads