*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 07:44:28 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Some Tributes To The Military....
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Some Tributes To The Military....  (Read 1699 times)
BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« on: February 10, 2004, 10:01:08 pm »

Here are some more links to tributes I have made to veterans....if you would like one made for a family member or friend, let me know and I would be happy to make one for them.

Ronald Reagan

George H.W. Bush

John F. Kennedy

Joe Kennedy, Jr (JFK's Older Brother)

George W. Bush

Wesley Clark

Dwight D. Eisenhower

Douglas MacArthur

Oliver North

Ron Trosclair (my step-father)

As you can see from the grouping of people that I have done tributes for, politics does not play a part in what I consider to be honorable service to this nation.

If anyone would like to see a tribute to anyone famous, just name them....I have probably already done one for them (I have just over 900 created so far).

Peace.

-GhostSniper Out.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2004, 12:40:21 am by BTs_GhostSniper » Logged

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2004, 10:11:48 pm »

Any admin that knows how to go in and "unbreak" these links I posted, feel free to do so.  I know there is a way you can make it just show the names and when you click on them it takes you to that link.....so.....

Make it so.

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2004, 11:59:56 pm »

Testing

Ronald Reagan

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2004, 12:08:48 am »

You have to do the following:

[ u r l =http://http://www.military.com/HomePage/UserCreatedTributePage/0,10980,714841,00.html
]Ronald Reagan[ / u r l ]

Don't put spaces in the url brackets though, I just did that so it wouldn't think it was an actual url.

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2004, 12:41:04 am »

Thanks to Snipe for showing me how to make those clickable links.

Cossack
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

SEMPER TRANSFUEGA

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2004, 05:50:53 am »

I would like to know how to make a tribute GS. Although I am a nationalist Russian, one sect of my family escaped Russia during WWII and imigrated to New York. My Great Uncle was a Col. that was key in designing and implementing verticle envelopment tactics for MASH units during Viet Nam War.

BREAD LAND AND PEACE!
R.I.P Grifter
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2004, 05:57:39 am »

I would like to know how to make a tribute GS. Although I am a nationalist Russian, one sect of my family escaped Russia during WWII and imigrated to New York. My Great Uncle was a Col. that was key in designing and implementing verticle envelopment tactics for MASH units during Viet Nam War.

Hey Cossack....I'll be glad to make a tribute for him....just send me an e-mail with his full name, rank, list of ribbons/medals, a brief bio, and a picture if you have one to me at:

eanderson@bigoford.com

I am eventually going to take all of the tributes that I have created and make a new website that includes them all.

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2004, 07:50:08 pm »

im confused you put george bush in there as a hero for what exactly?

"war on terrorism" ? Oh do you mean america and the UK invading iraq and capturing saddam who had nothign to do with Bin larden, the bombing of the world trade towers or al kieda (sorry that is shocking spelling)

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2004, 11:18:40 pm »

im confused you put george bush in there as a hero for what exactly?

"war on terrorism" ? Oh do you mean america and the UK invading iraq and capturing saddam who had nothign to do with Bin larden, the bombing of the world trade towers or al kieda (sorry that is shocking spelling)

Okay BFG....looks like I'm going to have to give you a lesson in "read the fucking post thoroughly".

Just where did I say anything about any of those people being "heros"Huh

I didn't, I said that these are tributes to military veterans....might want to look up the definition of a military veteran, because no where did I use the word "hero".

Now, if you are done stuffing words that I didn't use into this thread, please consider yourself PWNED.

Peace.

-GhostSniper Out.

P.S.  Just how the fuck can a pretty much tame thread as this cause any problems?  Okay, I've mellowed out a bit now.  Nothing against you personally BFG....lol Smiley
« Last Edit: February 11, 2004, 11:21:14 pm by BTs_GhostSniper » Logged

kami
God bless the freaks

You're not a man without *NADS.

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2004, 11:48:04 pm »

If you truly wanted to prove that you didn't have any political intent with this thread, you wouldn't have GWB there, don't argue with me.

*NADS toilet cleaner goldylocks

'There is nothing divine about morality, it is a purely human affair.' - Albert Einstein
'With soap, baptism is a good thing.' - Robert G. Ingersoll
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2004, 12:29:42 am »

If you truly wanted to prove that you didn't have any political intent with this thread, you wouldn't have GWB there, don't argue with me.

No moron, I just started by putting Presidents on there that I have done a military tribute for.  There was nothing political about it.

Here are the rest of the Presidents that I have made tributes for:

George Washington

Theodore Roosevelt

And some notable others:

James Stockdale (Ross Perot's running mate in 1992)

Curtis LeMay (George Wallace's running mate in 1968)

John McCain

I am currently working on tributes for every President that has served in the military.

If anyone wants to see a tribute for someone in particular, let me know.

-GhostSniper Out.

goldwater
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2004, 02:47:03 am »

goldwater
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2004, 05:40:49 am »

goldwater

Barry Goldwater?

Cossack
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

SEMPER TRANSFUEGA

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2004, 06:05:28 am »

You know, he did put Wes Clark up there.

BREAD LAND AND PEACE!
R.I.P Grifter
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2004, 09:16:29 am »

ok fair enough, no mention of hero's ...
what I consider to be honorable service to this nation

Honerable? george bush who's service record is in so much scurtiny and seems to have so many holes in it you can see daylight through it? You should see the english papers this morning its amazing. The guy claims to have been stationed places and when asked they have absolutly no record whatsoever of him... a tad odd u might think. when asked about this dubbya managed a highy informed and intellectual answer "I was there"

Normally 'tributes' are for special people or events, other than fuck a good chunk of the world up im slightly confused as to why you put him and not the tens of thosands of ordinary guys who do time in the armed forces.

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2004, 03:38:36 pm »

ok fair enough, no mention of hero's ...
what I consider to be honorable service to this nation

Honerable? george bush who's service record is in so much scurtiny and seems to have so many holes in it you can see daylight through it? You should see the english papers this morning its amazing. The guy claims to have been stationed places and when asked they have absolutly no record whatsoever of him... a tad odd u might think. when asked about this dubbya managed a highy informed and intellectual answer "I was there"

Normally 'tributes' are for special people or events, other than fuck a good chunk of the world up im slightly confused as to why you put him and not the tens of thosands of ordinary guys who do time in the armed forces.

Look, I have done over 900 of these tributes, I just threw some of the more famous ones up there for everyone to see.  Hell, I even did a tribute for Timothy McVeigh who was awarded a Bronze Star for action during Desert Storm and later blew up the Federal Bldg in Oklahoma City (which is the same bldg I got my marriage license in, by the way).  These tributes are for military service....that is all.  I believe that ANY service to this country in its armed forces is honorable (and having served in the military myself, I think that I more than you can make that statement).

Also, you say that George W. Bush's military record is under so much scrutiny....well guess what, when his father was running for President in 1988, the Democrats scrutinized HIS military record too!  And George H.W. Bush was a REAL HERO.  So don't give me any bullshit that says just because they are scrutinizing his military record that it means anything.

By the way, I later deleted the Timothy McVeigh tribute.....I had pictures of the Memorial on it and everything, but every time I looked at it I felt bad.

Peace.

-GhostSniper Out.

Toxic::Joka
Forum Whore

Now available in PC flavour.

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2004, 04:02:27 pm »

GS, you somehow manage to give me cold chills over the internet, i pray you never end up in position where you are in charge over...anything.

Almost no pun intended

BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2004, 04:31:21 pm »

GS, you somehow manage to give me cold chills over the internet, i pray you never end up in position where you are in charge over...anything.

Almost no pun intended

Well, let's see:

I am a Ford Fleet Manager....so I am in charge of quite a bit there.

I am the Vice President of the Air Force Association Chapter that covers the bottom half of the State of MS....so I am in charge of a bunch of stuff there.

I am a Captain in Civil Air Patrol....the Auxiliary of the U.S. Air Force which handles all of the search and rescue needs of the Air Force....so I am in charge there.

I got out of the military in 1998 as a SSgt....had about 15-20 people under me then.

There is more, but I've got a customer right now so I'll finish later....

Blitz

Pride and dignity mean nothing on the battlefield!

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2004, 11:55:30 pm »

GS, its good to see these tributes!  Grin  I have a couple tributes I have been trying to do. One is to my grandfather who fought in WW2 as a Tank Communication Engineer.  He told me he didn't want anyone under him because he didn't want to write letters to families telling them their son is dead. Another person I would put on there is my other grandfather (mom's side), He was a Artillery Personnal for the Navy in the Korean War.  He even helped get some Koreans get into America.

Thanks!

X1|Blitz Cool

PS, BFG is that all you do? Find shit on people that don't have the same view as you and try and make a big deal about it? Just wondering.

I WILL EAT YOUR SOUL!!!!! RRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2004, 02:17:30 am »

GS, its good to see these tributes!  Grin  I have a couple tributes I have been trying to do. One is to my grandfather who fought in WW2 as a Tank Communication Engineer.  He told me he didn't want anyone under him because he didn't want to write letters to families telling them their son is dead. Another person I would put on there is my other grandfather (mom's side), He was a Artillery Personnal for the Navy in the Korean War.  He even helped get some Koreans get into America.

Thanks!

X1|Blitz Cool

PS, BFG is that all you do? Find shit on people that don't have the same view as you and try and make a big deal about it? Just wondering.

Hey Blitz, I'll make those tributes for your two grandfathers if you would like.  Just e-mail me their information (Full name, last rank, short bio, list of ribbons and medals, and a picture if you have one) at eanderson@bigoford.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads