*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 01:37:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  France has gone and done it.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: France has gone and done it.  (Read 2344 times)
Toxic::Joka
Forum Whore

Now available in PC flavour.

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2004, 10:39:09 pm »

*sigh*

Ssickboy

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2004, 10:53:34 pm »

Ace!!  Me retarded too!!  pelt me pelt me!  Bah.

First, you're a... nvm.

Second, Mid-Eastern, Persian, and Southern Russians are damn Hot! Among the sexiest of all godly creatures.  If you don't think so, you need to get out more or check your head.  (it is of course my opinion)

Third, It's all politics.  We used to be in bed with Saddam up until the gulf war.  What we're doing by getting our greasy lil hands on Iraq's oil fields is no different than France's interests.      

Boycott all you want.  But don't be another pawn to the adminisration's blurred line between American patriotism and bad policy.  It's complete BS.  

Fourth, "Drop your damn unfounded anti-'retard' bias."

Fifth,  French Fries are mmm.. gooooood!

(6) good points bucc.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2004, 10:56:32 pm by Ssickboy » Logged

Retire Bush
tasty
Special Forces
Forum Whore

we hate it when our friends become successful

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2004, 10:56:33 pm »

Mmm, delicious French food? too bad it's next to impossible to find any in Grinnell, IA!

Patriots always talk of dying for their country and never of killing for their country.? -Bertrand Russell
Ace
Resident Ass
God bless the freaks

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2004, 10:59:17 pm »

Fourth, "Drop your damn unfounded anti-'retard' bias."

Sorry, I'm the Resident Ass, it comes with the territory.

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
kami
God bless the freaks

You're not a man without *NADS.

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2004, 11:55:22 pm »

Now now Ace, I never said GS didn't say french fries, I said that his comparison to WW2 was making me nauseous, I guess I could've been clearer on that. Where is all this 'kami hates America' bullshit coming from anyways?

A boycott isn't a hostile action? What, you boycott every country you love?

*NADS toilet cleaner goldylocks

'There is nothing divine about morality, it is a purely human affair.' - Albert Einstein
'With soap, baptism is a good thing.' - Robert G. Ingersoll
BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2004, 12:10:56 am »

A boycott isn't a hostile action? What, you boycott every country you love?

lol....no, I only boycott France.  And no, boycotting isn't a hostile action....it is simply my money and I can spend it however I see fit.

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
c| Spetsnaz.
*DAMN Supporter

American Anarchist.

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2004, 12:28:13 am »

How many goods do you buy that are actually made in France? Probably not many compared to lets say ummm CHINA! Now if you really want to help the United States you would boycott Chinese products(probably impossible), as the United States has the largest bilateral deficit trade with China($120-$130 Billion Dollars projected for 2004), and the out sourcing of U.S. jobs to China is a major problem that is growing out of control, while the folks in Washington do nothing because they are all getting rich from of it. Of course if you stopped buying Chinese products, then shopping at Wal-Mart would be out of the question, which for many people is sheer insanity.

"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
 ~Voltaire

"Politics is the womb in which war develops."
~Carl P. G. von Clausewitz
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2004, 12:36:29 am »

How many goods do you buy that are actually made in France? Probably not many compared to lets say ummm CHINA! Now if you really want to help the United States you would boycott Chinese products(probably impossible), as the United States has the largest bilateral deficit trade with China($120-$130 Billion Dollars projected for 2004), and the out sourcing of U.S. jobs to China is a major problem that is growing out of control, while the folks in Washington do nothing because they are all getting rich from of it. Of course if you stopped buying Chinese products, then shopping at Wal-Mart would be out of the question, which for many people is sheer insanity.

Actually, upon searching through my house one day looking for French products I happened upon quite a few things that I immediately tossed out (namely every bottle of perfume my wife had and every bottle of cologne that I had).  Man it's a bitch trying to find cologne and perfume made in the U.S.A.!!!

As for China....yeah, I don't think they should have as good of a trade relation with us as they do, especially since they are so hostile towards the U.S.  I also don't like getting products from Japan....hell, they couldn't beat us militarily so after we rebuilt their country they decided to try to beat us economically!  We are the only country in the world that treats our enemies so nice after we win a war against them.

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

kami
God bless the freaks

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2004, 12:40:26 am »

Actually, upon searching through my house one day looking for French products I happened upon quite a few things that I immediately tossed out (namely every bottle of perfume my wife had and every bottle of cologne that I had).  Man it's a bitch trying to find cologne and perfume made in the U.S.A.!!!

There are quite a few American made perfumes with French names, perhaps you made some mistakes there? I think my cologne is American actually...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/3478545.stm

This link doesn't have anything special with the topic to do but what the hell, read the midpart about when the doctor saw human hands scratching the window, that's my favourite.

'There is nothing divine about morality, it is a purely human affair.' - Albert Einstein
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2004, 12:47:21 am »

There are quite a few American made perfumes with French names, perhaps you made some mistakes there? I think my cologne is American actually...

Actually, the part that gave it away for me was where it said "Made in France".

kami
God bless the freaks

« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2004, 01:21:00 am »

Haha, yes, the 'Made in France' tag also works.

I was just thinking about something, if you'd already bought those French perfumes, why would you trash them? That wouldn't hurt the French economy what so ever... It'd just make you a few perfumes poorer. Oh let me guess, it's a matter of personal morals and ethics?

BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2004, 01:43:08 am »

Haha, yes, the 'Made in France' tag also works.

I was just thinking about something, if you'd already bought those French perfumes, why would you trash them? That wouldn't hurt the French economy what so ever... It'd just make you a few perfumes poorer. Oh let me guess, it's a matter of personal morals and ethics?

Exactly.

|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2004, 05:21:49 am »

And why would you boycott a country that just happens to disagree with you a bit? It's not like they have child labour and public executions, it's just fucking politics. We're all peaceful free countries, why should we be so hostile against eachother? It's just stupid.

Ask some French why they boycotted lamb from New Zealand a while back, pffft.

Spets, I actually try to not buy Chinese.  Except for the food =D.  Seriously, there are a lot of embedded things made in china that you don't know about, but what I do know about, I avoid.  

Ssickboy, thanks for noticing.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Screw the pussy isolationists and their shortsightedness - Buccaneer
Ace
Resident Ass
God bless the freaks

« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2004, 08:06:49 am »

And why would you boycott a country that just happens to disagree with you a bit? It's not like they have child labour and public executions, it's just fucking politics. We're all peaceful free countries, why should we be so hostile against eachother? It's just stupid.

Ask some French why they boycotted lamb from New Zealand a while back, pffft.

Spets, I actually try to not buy Chinese.  Except for the food =D.  Seriously, there are a lot of embedded things made in china that you don't know about, but what I do know about, I avoid.  

Ssickboy, thanks for noticing.

Aye Bucc. A Mac is one of the highest % American made computers around, but we all still have some Asian parts in our boxes. At least we can sleep at night knowing the CPU, case, and software were all made by Americans.

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
kami
God bless the freaks

« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2004, 05:13:25 pm »

I'm not saying the French were any better for boycotting NZ, it's just as stupid imo.

PLOPje

kill yourself before someone kills you

« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2004, 07:08:26 pm »

I have never understood why people called fries "french fries"
and then some americans started to call it "freedom fries", what the hell do they ahve to do with freedom, Why not just call them fries.
I dont know if they really come from belgium but I always loved to say they do Smiley

But if the french want to ban those caps let them do it if you still want to wear one you can still search yourself a private school. Here in Belgium politicians are also considering to ban religious symbols. Some say there is liberty for womans who are forced to wear it. And others say they want to wear it and that there liberty is in danger...  
Stupid discussion they should learn to defend themselfes and say no if they dont want to wear it

We are the next generation, we are not scared to die.
The only thing I fear is the afterlive.
Ace
Resident Ass
God bless the freaks

« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2004, 10:22:25 pm »

I'm not saying the French were any better for boycotting NZ, it's just as stupid imo.

Ok, now I'm pretty sure I remember you being a vocal opponent to war. Now you are a self-proclaimed opponent to using economic boycotts against a country. So, please, explain to me HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO GET A MESSAGE ACROSS? If bullets and/or dollars won't do the trick, do you think asking politely is going to get you anywhere?

Ssickboy

« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2004, 01:04:15 am »

How about... Global pressure.  You guys ever watch survivor?  Isn't it interesting how the FIRST person to start a coup upon another teammate is the person sure to go?  Backfires everytime.  That's us.  We're the ones next to get voted out.  "The tribe has spoken."

Seriously though, I'm not completely sure Ace.  too complicated to get into long debate.  But I bought a bottle of French wine last night.  Just in spite of this topic.  It was good.  And it scored some points with the lady too.  1-0  Wink

Retire Bush
tasty
Special Forces
Forum Whore

we hate it when our friends become successful

« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2004, 01:47:52 am »

The only things I boycott are products from certain US companies: Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Boise Cascade, Exxon, General Electric, Starbucks. I prefer to buy American made things, so I always make sure to buy New Balance shoes, Apple Computers? but some foreign companies just make some of the best stuff, so I still have my Ecco shoes, my Honda sedan, and my Warsteiner beer Smiley.

Yeah I guess this post was pretty pointless. I personally think that boycotting entire countries is kind of immature, since it's not like the individual makers have any impact on the policy really? for all I know, Evian could be the biggest bunch of pro-war interventionists around. But whatever, like it was said before, it's your money, spend it how you want.

Patriots always talk of dying for their country and never of killing for their country.? -Bertrand Russell
kami
God bless the freaks

« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2004, 04:36:11 pm »

Good stuff Tasty.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads