*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 01:38:32 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  What is up with Russia these days?
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What is up with Russia these days?  (Read 970 times)
alaric
Forum Whore

What good is life if you don't have freedom?

« on: February 10, 2004, 01:19:24 am »

It started last fall with that hostage situation which ended with more than 100 dead after the russian security forces refused to tell doctors what they gassed them with.

Then I hear about Putin alledgedly killing of politcal oppenents.

Now it looks like they're concealing the number of dead in that Moscow subday attack.

This begs the question: Cossack, what is up with mother russia these days?

"I would rather have incompetence and abuse of power than a group of people who want to bow down to the French and the United Nations." - BTs Ghostsniper, June 17, 2004, 01:44:16 PM
kami
God bless the freaks

You're not a man without *NADS.

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2004, 02:18:53 am »

Too much vodka.

*NADS toilet cleaner goldylocks

'There is nothing divine about morality, it is a purely human affair.' - Albert Einstein
'With soap, baptism is a good thing.' - Robert G. Ingersoll
tasty
Special Forces
Forum Whore

we hate it when our friends become successful

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2004, 02:33:24 am »

too busy doing the crazy russian dance and wearing hats made out of animal fur.

Patriots always talk of dying for their country and never of killing for their country.? -Bertrand Russell
PLOPje

kill yourself before someone kills you

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2004, 07:43:17 pm »

Hmm I just heard that "killed political oppenent" is back from a little holiday in Kiev
Probely forgot to tell his wife that he went out to buy some smokes

We are the next generation, we are not scared to die.
The only thing I fear is the afterlive.
BTs_FahQ2

shit stinks, don't touch! drink more! beer shits!

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2004, 08:17:16 pm »

I say any country where you can get Vodka from vending machines in the streets is okay by me.

Viva Comrade Ruskie

"Forgiveness is between you and your God, My job is to help arrange the meeting."
www.rmgraphix.com
Cossack
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

SEMPER TRANSFUEGA

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2004, 06:18:43 am »

My motherland is in a period of dire transition with a bunch of ex-communist pretending to be people of democracy. During the 90s our country was fiscally raped by the IMF, Putin has kicked them out but he has also trampled over our rights. Personally my family and I supported former commander of Afghanistan operation General Alexsandr Lebed who died in a helicopter crash outside Novosibirsk a year ago. In combination with other destabalizing factors such as attacks in the city of Moscow and the conflict in Chechnya Russia is struggling to retain some sort of social order and to keep other potentialy volitile republics within the Federation such as Tartarstand, Dagestan, and Ossetia violence free while Chechnya continues. I have personally known two high school friends that have been killed in combat. One in Groznyy and the other in some cave up in the Caucuses.

What will fix my country is having a Confederation and not a Federation. The system of government in Russia is built upon the French model of democracy where the centralized government in Paris has alot of power. This may work for France which is a small country, but Russia is the largest country in the world with as many ethnic and language groups as there can be. A extreamly centralized government is not the way to go in Russia. Something along the lines of Germany's model or America's model of goverment would be more fitting.
         On top of the whole destabilization theory and whatnot the country's largest problem if the demographic crisis. You see, my country has a negative population growth rate. AIDS is a borderline epidemic in Siberia (dont fuck Siberian chicks ever) as well as heroin usage. Considering their close proximity to Afghanistan the situation will only get worse. Also, Russians dont see anything wrong with abortion. Abortion is used as a birth control and it is not uncommon for a Russian woman to have ten abortions in her lifetime. With the very liberal stance toward abortion there is a failure of birth growth.
         However, despite the fact that Russia is up shit creek, our situation is improving. My country is considered to have the second fastest growing economy in the world and the life of Western Russians (people living in St. Petersburg, Moscow, Kursk, Saratov, e.t.c. is improving. Unfortunently so is the gap between the rich and the middle class. It is also widely agknowledged by optimists that the Russian Empire may re emerge. This is in response to recent referendums held in Armenia, Kazakhstan, Ukraine, and Belerus where 50% or over of the population favoured rejoing the motherland. Belerussia has made preperation to join with Moscow before but the economic crisis in 1998 prevented this.
         As for Rybkin (the bitch that disappeared) he is just some village idiot of a drunk and I will miss voting for him.

BREAD LAND AND PEACE!
R.I.P Grifter
Cossack
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

SEMPER TRANSFUEGA

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2004, 06:50:44 am »

ELECTION UP AND COMING

It is rare I get to rant and rave about Russia's political workings so I am going to take this chance to do so about our up and coming presidential elections. In almost all likleyhood we will see another four years of Putin. In many ways I am greatful for Putin and so are the majority of Russians despite his apparent disregard for human rights. It is my feeling that with Alexsandr Lebed gone Russia needs a strong leader to  reconstruct the government and make sure that the Duma works. Putin is the only man that can do this. He may be the only man but there is also a woman that I am fond of. Her name is Irina Kakhamada and she is a Russian of Nipponese (as Bucc would like to call it) decent. She is the presidential canidate for the coalition named the Union of Rightest Forces. Now to you Americans you guys think facist, Republicans, George W. Bush, and neo-conservatives. In reality these people are trying to increase civil liberties and stimulate buisness. They are the "party for the middle class" If you Americans think that the democratic party is full of a bunch of big spenders, you havent seen what the Russians parties are like. Irinia and her coalition can be comparable to the democratics party in Washington. If she continues to create the buzz I like hearing I may vote for her. Unfortunently the Union of Rightest Forces do not have a good hold in the Duma (Russian Parliment).
           Now there is one guy in Russia who I hate and I hope to see dead. His name is Zironovskii. He is leader of the Liberal Democratic Russian Party. Dont let the name fool you this party isnt Liberal or Democratic it is totalitarian. Its like the DPRK (Democratic People's Republic of Korea) in agenda and the personality of the parties head honcho. Now Ziro isnt running but his puppet Oleg is. Ziro wants to put Jews into camps (and even I am an accused anti-semite) and go into Germany and Eastern Europe. He has stated that we will blackmail the world with our ICBM sabres. I would vote for him because he does have a decentralizing agenda, but it does go a bit too far (he wants to make it where the central government has power only in name).
          Putin you gotta love Putin. He will win hands down with his 80-90 percent approval rating. He strongarms the oligarch and he has suppresed the Chechen rebels to a few bands of miscrient bandits. Yes you people will cite the recent terrorist attacks, but it is nothing when you compare it to 91,96, and 2000. I really wish he would decentralize the government though. This is my main qualm with him.
           All other canidates are useless, especially Gorbechev. You know, now that I looked back on it, the hardliners should have just sent him on some wooden raft and let him drift off into the Black Sea. The man is a pussy. He reminds me of Bondo.

BREAD LAND AND PEACE!
R.I.P Grifter
kami
God bless the freaks

You're not a man without *NADS.

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2004, 07:37:25 pm »

Rybkin was apparently in Kiev, Ukraine, with his cell-phone off, so no need to worry.

*NADS toilet cleaner goldylocks

'There is nothing divine about morality, it is a purely human affair.' - Albert Einstein
'With soap, baptism is a good thing.' - Robert G. Ingersoll
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2004, 07:53:04 pm »

... and there is no evidance at all that links the recent bombings to the chechens.

Funny how we havn't talked about the state of the poor chechens much.. supose we get sidetracked what with america fucking about and the UK sticking its head up Dubbya's head as far as it can

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads