*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 05:23:59 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Pre Vote Poll 2004
Poll
Question: Political Party Choices
Democratic Party - 22 (51.2%)
Natural Law Party - 0 (0%)
Libertarian Party - 3 (7%)
Republican Party - 10 (23.3%)
American Independent Party - 0 (0%)
Green Party - 6 (14%)
Peace and Freedom Party - 2 (4.7%)
Total Voters: 41

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pre Vote Poll 2004  (Read 10601 times)
c| Dr. NO

Co||ective

« on: February 07, 2004, 10:47:31 pm »

The reason i bring this vote to the DAMN forums is that i am a first time voter to the U.S..  I feel a strong need to get involved after seeing how bad the Bush administration handled the presidency and would like to see where people are looking for the 2004 vote registered or not.

Finish each day and be done with it.  You have done what you could.  Some blunders and absurdities have crept in;  forget them as soon as you can.  Tomorrow is a new day.  You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.    - Emerson
BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2004, 11:04:10 pm »

The reason i bring this vote to the DAMN forums is that i am a first time voter to the U.S..  I feel a strong need to get involved after seeing how bad the Bush administration handled the presidency and would like to see where people are looking for the 2004 vote registered or not.

How bad the Bush administration handled the presidency?  Hell, I'm just glad that we don't still have a pussy in the White House that lets the rest of the world walk all over us.

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
Ace
Resident Ass
God bless the freaks

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2004, 11:26:31 pm »

No offense, but this is a horrible idea. If you are truly concerned about making your vote worthwhile, do some reading on the various parties and candidates. Find the ones that A) most identify with your values and B) you feel would be most capable as a political leader. After that, you will be informed and capable of properly performing your civic duty of voting.

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
c| Dr. NO

Co||ective

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2004, 11:31:26 pm »

How bad the Bush administration handled the presidency?  Hell, I'm just glad that we don't still have a pussy in the White House that lets the rest of the world walk all over us.

Tell me exactly how the rest of the world would walk all over us?  I would say that's a hypocritical statement seeing as we're the only country walking over people.

As far as i'm concerned, Bush is a war monger, and look how quick he is to change his tune come election time.

Finish each day and be done with it.  You have done what you could.  Some blunders and absurdities have crept in;  forget them as soon as you can.  Tomorrow is a new day.  You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.    - Emerson
c| Dr. NO

Co||ective

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2004, 11:36:51 pm »

No offense, but this is a horrible idea. If you are truly concerned about making your vote worthwhile, do some reading on the various parties and candidates. Find the ones that A) most identify with your values and B) you feel would be most capable as a political leader. After that, you will be informed and capable of properly performing your civic duty of voting.

Which is exactly what i've already done.  All i'm trying to accomplish here is some sight on political view in youth primarily, since this is probably 80% under agers.

Ace
Resident Ass
God bless the freaks

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2004, 12:32:24 am »

Which is exactly what i've already done.  All i'm trying to accomplish here is some sight on political view in youth primarily, since this is probably 80% under agers.

Ahh, my bad. Your first post just came across as using the leanings of the DAMN boards to largely influence your decision.

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2004, 01:26:27 am »

Tell me exactly how the rest of the world would walk all over us?  I would say that's a hypocritical statement seeing as we're the only country walking over people.
As far as i'm concerned, Bush is a war monger, and look how quick he is to change his tune come election time.

I am talking about how the rest of the world walked all over us politically during the last President's term in office.....aka The United Nations, France, North Korea, and Iraq to name a few.  I like the way this President doesn't take any shit from anybody.....you fuck with us, you will suffer the consequences....which is basically the attitude that I hold, too.  Militarily the rest of the world doesn't stand a chance against the U.S. but you have to flex those muscles every now and then lest the rest of the world forget Smiley

Peace.

-GhostSniper Out.

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
Ssickboy

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2004, 02:44:37 am »

All the choices... I dunno.  One thing I do know.  I doubt I will ever vote republican in my lifetime.  And it's unfortunate Dems can't get there shit together.  Lack of support is to blame as well.      30% US population participate in elections?

It's also unfortunate that our democracy is practicly forced into a two party system.  There are solutions.  But no one currently in power is eager to change things any time soon.

Ideally, the Green party would blow up into something substantial.  Again, no support.  

A lack of good knowledge/support will continue to rot our democracy.    

Retire Bush
Aramarth
Forum Whore

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2004, 03:16:01 am »

I picked republican, but I need to throw in a disclaimer. Yes for conservative, but no for Mr. GW Bush.

The wOOt is your friend. Trust the wOOt.

The worst part of being an admin is trying to remember to color your text every time... Wink
I own the former VT supercomputer node 177 wOOt! http://www.tcf.vt.edu/
Ace
Resident Ass
God bless the freaks

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2004, 03:29:14 am »

I am talking about how the rest of the world walked all over us politically during the last President's term in office.....aka The United Nations, France, North Korea, and Iraq to name a few.  I like the way this President doesn't take any shit from anybody.....you fuck with us, you will suffer the consequences....which is basically the attitude that I hold, too.  Militarily the rest of the world doesn't stand a chance against the U.S. but you have to flex those muscles every now and then lest the rest of the world forget Smiley

Peace.

-GhostSniper Out.

Personally, I haven't had a problem with how the Bush administration has handled foreign policy. I applaud them for going into Afghanistan and Iraq. However, the domestic policy has been absolute shit. You may like the way the President "doesn't take any shit from anybody," but unfortunately the moron realizes that he must bow before the Constitution. With shit like the P.A.T.R.I.O.T. Act going around, the Bush adminstration has been chipping away at the civil liberties we Americans love to boast about. I'm sorry, but like hell I would endorse another 4 years under that shit. Give me liberty, or give me death.

c| Dr. NO

Co||ective

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2004, 08:38:45 am »

I'm seeing the republican party majority vote happening here.  So i've done a little digging to see if i can find anything from this party worthy of my vote.  

Reeding for the Primary Election, California Official Voter Information Guide under the Republican Party:
"Thanks to President Bush's tax relief package, Californians can keep more of their own money to spend, save, and invest.The economy is responding to President Bush's pro-growth economic policies and all signs point to a strong recovery."

Truth:
Bush claimed that his tax cut would ?reduce tax rates for everyone who pays income tax.? He failed to mention that this ?relief? program would put half of the tax cut's dividends into the hands of our nation's wealthiest 5%, while 8.1 million citizens in the bottom half of the income bracket receive approximately $300 a year.
http://www.ctj.org/html/gwbfinal.htm

Party Statement:
Electing Republicans to office in California:
- Ensures excellent and accountable public schools for our children and grandchildren.

Truth:
Bush is underfunding education. The President cut $200 million from his own No Child Left Behind Act, eliminating crucial educational programs for lower income children and cutting professional training for more than 20,000 teachers.

Flawed from its very foundation, No Child Left Behind is based on then-Governor Bush's late-?90s ?Texas Miracle,??a program of standardized testing designed to increase performance and reduce dropout rates--now recognized as a scandalous failure.
http://www.villagevoice.com/issues/0338/schanberg.php

Few more bits of info outside of the statement would be the fact that 3.3 million jobs (93,000 in August of 2003 alone) have been lost since Bush took office--more than the last 11 Presidents combined. (Bureau of Labor Statistics, June 2001-August 2003) Meanwhile, huge corporations are paying fewer taxes than ever:
http://www.cbpp.org/10-16-03tax.htm

Or that The Bush Administration's regressive environmental policies have lowered cleanliness standards for our air and water while allowing utility companies (many of whom are Bush campaign contributors) to profit off of the weakened regulations. In 2002, the head of the EPA's Office of Regulatory Enforcement resigned, complaining that the agency was ?fighting a White House that seems determined to weaken the rules we are trying to enforce." (CNN, Aug. 22, 2002)
The Bush Record on the Environment for 2003:
http://www.nrdc.org/bushrecord/2003.asp

Also it appears that the Bush Administration has consistently misled the American public about Iraq , most significantly regarding Saddam Hussein's possession of weapons of mass destruction and his ties to al Queda and Osama bin Laden.
http://www.fair.org/press-releases/beyond-niger.html

*Think Different*
Doc's .02?

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2004, 02:14:51 pm »

I am talking about how the rest of the world walked all over us politically during the last President's term in office.....aka The United Nations, France, North Korea, and Iraq to name a few.? I like the way this President doesn't take any shit from anybody.....you fuck with us, you will suffer the consequences....which is basically the attitude that I hold, too.? Militarily the rest of the world doesn't stand a chance against the U.S. but you have to flex those muscles every now and then lest the rest of the world forget

Dude you scare the freaking shit out of me. No offence but this is why i keep the hell away from amaerica. I hope to god the number of people that have that view is very very small. OF course you have the biggest military etc, havn't you noticed how much money you spend on it!!! watch this and then gimme you responce http://action.truemajority.org/ctt.asp?u=50462&l=275
Its funny the "You fuck with us, you will suffer the conseuences" sounds just like a dictatorship.. oh oops i was forgetting.

The rest of the world politically walked all over the US? When exactly? How exactly? So your responce is to 'flex mucles' and bomb the shit out of someone to make sure everyone stays in their place and your top dog???

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Cutter

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2004, 05:28:31 pm »

we learned that from england bfg. the "original" evil empire. Wink

Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn.
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2004, 07:29:10 pm »

30% US population participate in elections?  

That's kind of blowing it out of proportion, since kids can't participate.

However, the % of eligible voters that actually vote is still remarkably low.

52%

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

Respect: The most important thing you'll ever earn

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2004, 07:49:39 pm »

to sum things up quickly. i guess you could say that i agree with ace on this one.  while GW hasn't been THAT bad (i believe we could have put much worse into office)  he certainly hasn't earn enough respect in my eyes  to warrant me supporting another 4 years of him in office (the whole war in iraq debacle, especially the reason flip flop was major bad mojo for me on this point. as was the patriot act.)

i will be of voting age come this election. and while who i vote for is still up in the air, one thing is certain. it wont be bush

"Engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance."  Dr. A. R. Dykes -1976
kami
God bless the freaks

You're not a man without *NADS.

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2004, 08:22:46 pm »

We had 81% in our last referendum here in Sweden, and that was whether we should get the euro or not. In our last major parliamentary vote we had something like 79%, I think.
Oh and this is what we call a democratic crisis over here.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2004, 08:26:46 pm by kami » Logged

*NADS toilet cleaner goldylocks

'There is nothing divine about morality, it is a purely human affair.' - Albert Einstein
'With soap, baptism is a good thing.' - Robert G. Ingersoll
Cossack
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

SEMPER TRANSFUEGA

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2004, 09:10:48 pm »

I'll tell you what you Amis need. You do not need another election, you need a revolution! It was Jefferson that said to us, "We should have a revolution every ten years so the commitment to democracy does not fade."

Of coarse the whole revolution idea is a joke, but the point still stands, you guys need to practice your right to vote! However, if you guys keep getting your rights stripped away from you, you may have no choice.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2004, 09:16:02 pm by Cossack » Logged

BREAD LAND AND PEACE!
R.I.P Grifter
c| Lone-Wolf
Forum Whore

Frog blast the vent core!

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2004, 09:42:47 pm »

Barring the whole issue of domestic policy, etc. there is one thing that really gets me about the administration and Iraq.  (Afghanistan i didnt necessarily have a problem with, how we're going about rebuilding it i havnt heard enough about so i wont say yay or nay for that)

Before we went into Iraq, and during the days of major combat (before the war was declared "over") we all were hearing the "Iraq has WMD's up the wazoo over there, theyre a threat to our country because they could sell them to terrorists and whatnot"  sure, fine, good, great.
What DOES get me though, is that after the first week or so of occupation, we still were hearing the WMD business, that it was just a matter of time before we found them.  But then it was like, the term "WMD's" just dissapeared from the administration's vocabulary, and we hardly, if ever, hear it these days.  Now though, our alleged reason for going into Iraq is because the people of Iraq were opressed, and in need of being freed from Saddam's tyrrany.  Im not saying that wanting to help citizens of any nation in similar situations is a bad thing.  
What i am saying is that im somewhat shocked by our administration totally changing our reasons for going into Iraq from one thing, WMD's, to about the exact opposite, liberty and freedom for the people of Iraq.

Lone-Wolf

Quote from: (SiX)Sheixhundt
Air is a mechanism of control.
and i reject it.

They cant hit me from all the way over the-
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2004, 03:35:09 am »

Just like Tony Blair in the Uk Lone-wolf... The language has changed and changed, from there being WMD's launched in a 45mins to the fact that there are plans of WMDs, to "ther is evidence of planning of WMD's " to fuck it we are gonna just tell u bullshit and we are right cos he wsa bad"

Its a freaking political joke. But i don't see iraq laughing

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
c| Dr. NO

Co||ective

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2004, 06:47:27 am »

Little something for Ghostsniper and his hero Mr. Bush

http://michaelmoore.com/
and
http://www.michaelmoore.com/special/deserter.php
then
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4209295/

Still going to vote Bush, probably but someday your childern will look back and say, "why did i ever listen to my old man talk politics".

Grin

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads