*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 01:28:49 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Moderators: Warning!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Moderators: Warning!  (Read 7140 times)
*DAMN Bander
*DAMN [SF]

na mach schon, blas ...

« on: October 26, 2001, 04:14:39 pm »

Okay - i received an email from Luxx that he is banned for defending himself by another "ace-attack". also i am banned (funny, really) from my account at work.

Before i give mauti a phone call to one for once removing some incompetent and respectless "moderators" here i demand to unban immidately ALL *DAMN R6 World Users who are victims of your wannabe-god actings.

Now someone of you guys really crossed the line - i can promise u - whoever did this - your days as moderator are counted here on *DAMN Web-Ground. Also the problems with the battle-league will be invgestigated by trustable *DAMN members who never got into suspection for being "not neutral".

Our mate  mauti had to go to the army so he had great hope into you guys to help us out with some work here. but seems one or more of you misused your functions here to enjoy their "web powers". all who are guilty in this violated the point number 1 rule of the *DAMN Clan: The main purpose is having FUN as a equal community. posers, dictators and respectless nerds have nothing to do with the aims of clan *DAMN.

All *DAMN Members: You have my email, use the *DAMN member only section from now to gather info about those ongoings (bannings/league) and then we deliver a all-in-one report to mauti. meanwhile post there who would have time to keep an eye on the forums as moderators instead of people who damage the image of damn or violate the reight of free speech here.

This is adressed to the persons responsible for banning users from this site (including ME - thats truly a funny move, but was the last one here) - all other moderators who do their job bravely (no matter if i like em or not) ignore this post.

regards
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 am by 1029654000 » Logged

Second Khan of Clan DAMN
Ace
Resident Ass
God bless the freaks

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2001, 04:42:13 pm »

Baseless accusations from Bander. Just another day in the General Gossip forums...

First off, we can't ban anyone. Nor would I. I would really like to know how he thinks he is "banned" You can cut the *DAMN Gestapo crap out. The battle league may have gotten fucked up, but I had nothing to do with that nor the power to fuck with it. Take that shit to the Battle League forum.

Second, get off your fucking high horse and quit these bullshit personal attacks. I'm tired of you coming on here with "OMG ACE IM GOING TO GET YOU REMOVED AS A MODERATOR CUZ YOU DID THIS OR YOU DID THAT" Yes, I mocked Nixon, but I did this before I became a moderator and I will continue to do so if you try to get me removed. I love how you cling to your precious freedom of speech then try to attack me for using mine.

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Grifter
God bless the freaks

Detroit, where the weak are killed and eaten

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2001, 05:09:56 pm »

Bander,
nice chip on your shoulder. What in the world makes you think it was a forum moderator?? Just because you are an idiot, and a couple of us has said so, you don't need to prove it in such a blatent way.

As far as I know, a lowly forum moderator cannot ban anyone, not even from his little sandbox in the forums.

And, let us not forget, Mauti asked us all here to help him out. The only "moderator abuse" I've ever seen here was when Ace, Wrath and I were picking on each other... it was confined just to the three of us, and it was before Mauti went into the Army.

So, just because you don't like our opinions posted on "Bander's Forums", don't act like you are out of justice here. If you were out for justice, you'd be looking for what went wrong.... not who banned someone! Ever think there could just be a fucking computer glitch?!? (no, they never happen...) If someone is breaking through the security of the forums and fucking it up, I'm the first in line to take a swing at them.... but until you know, don't go throwing accusations around.... that's slander. I don't care what you write about "if it's not you, just ignore this".... until you have some reason to think it is one of us, please stop your baseless accusations, they are insulting.

BTW, if you are banned... how the fuck did you post this under your account??

"...to the last, I grapple with thee; from Hell's heart, I stab at thee; for hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee."
jn.wrath
Special Forces
Forum Whore

kill whitey

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2001, 06:19:13 pm »

Bander, as I have used YaBB quite a lot, I know that it is not possible for moderators to ban anyone.

However, seeing as Mauti would probably not ban you or Nix, I'm guessing it's a glitch in the software... or perhaps it is a problem on your end? (Your company blocking the site, perhaps..)

I'd even go so far as to throw out the idea that someone got a hold of Mauti's admin account's password and banned people they didn't like... that, however, is a bit proposterous..

goddammit this blows
Bondo
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2001, 07:37:21 pm »

Well, I can't say anything to the bannings and such but if you need a *DAMN representative in the General Gossip moderators, I'm the man for the job as I'm fairly cool-headed in not having personal conflicts with anyone (even rom).  Also, I check the forums about 8 times a day so I wouldn't miss anything.
PsYcO aSsAsSiN
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

A blast from the past...

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2001, 11:22:00 pm »

Well bander, I for one know that I have not 'abused' my powers as an admin because all I do is clear the *DAMN BL drop box. As for this 'investigation' into the *DAMN BL messup, I bet it will find some kind of scripting error or something of the sort because the league actually reset all the way back to the first posting by then BL admin, Romulus. I truly hope when you say 'problems' Bander, that you are referring to a scripting problem because Ultimo and I have done our jobs about as good as anyone could have as admins to the BL.

Rainbow 6/Rogue Spear/Ghost Recon/Raven Shield/America's Army/XBOX 360: Mighty Bruin

-retired- (MIA 6/17/02)
Hasta la vista, baby!  Embarrassed
Co-Leader, clan PsYcO.

Clan PsYcO - 11/01/00 - 02/08/02
R.I.P. Grifter
kos.viper
Forum Whore

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2001, 11:31:45 pm »

From my exsperance's with YaBB's...

RSC: Experience ... Tisk tisk rom, we've already covered this one in a l8er post... SHAM on u

As for the banning, i thought Moderaters and the Head Admin could IP ban any user on the forum....

kos.viper
Xbox LIVE Gamertag: Brain 7
The box said "requires Windows 98 or better"... so I bought a Mac.
SiGmA_X
Forum Whore

Take a look to the sky before you die

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2001, 12:55:52 am »

Ass(assin) - This would appear to be a scripting problem, but an outside 'force' probley could have done it, but who would want to? CIA is dead, and no clan would profit from it, would they? And it cannot be your or Ult's fault... Why would you reset it to the first 2 CB's? And more so, why to CIA? I can understand the KoS one, but not the CIA one... I just hope you saved a copy, like a good admin would.

Viper - No, only the Head admin, and other people with 'Admin' privs. Mod's have control to move, delete, and lock topics, and delete and modify people's posts.

I tend to agree with Wrath on the fact that it's probley a script error. From my playing with my YaBB's, I noticed a few bug's... And even with replacing it with a 'fresh copy', it was still semi-buggy... Oh well... But I think the BL stuff is lost, until it's all re-entered... You guys did save a copy somewhere, right? (Directed to BL admin's)

-SiGmA_X
Dual AMD XP1800+ (OC'd 1.8GHz with air), GeForce4Ti4400 (OC'd 300/600 with air), 2x60GB Seagate HDDs, 80GB IBM HDD, 1GB DDR333 PC-2700

Grifter, RIP

Grifter
God bless the freaks

Detroit, where the weak are killed and eaten

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2001, 03:23:51 pm »

I do believe that after Mauti's post about what has really happened, Bander owes an apology for jumping all over people he doesn't like with baseless accusations....

"...to the last, I grapple with thee; from Hell's heart, I stab at thee; for hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee."
SiGmA_X
Forum Whore

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2001, 03:48:38 pm »

I think that one of the reason's that Bander jumped all over people is because he is *DAMN so he automaticly think's he has more power. Sure, he might, but just like anyother player, he has to be fair, and find the fact's. As Grifter does, research what you are saying, so that you are not incorect.

-SiGmA_X
Dual AMD XP1800+ (OC'd 1.8GHz with air), GeForce4Ti4400 (OC'd 300/600 with air), 2x60GB Seagate HDDs, 80GB IBM HDD, 1GB DDR333 PC-2700

Grifter, RIP

jn.blackhand
Special Forces

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2001, 04:15:25 pm »

The new voice of hypocritical reasoning: Romulus.
Ace
Resident Ass
God bless the freaks

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2001, 04:24:54 pm »

The new voice of two months belatedly stating the obvious: blackhand.

And Bander, I want an apology, and a good one at that.

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
KoS Ultimo
Forum Whore

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2001, 07:18:13 pm »

I didnt make a copy of the *DAMN Battle league. I dont know about AsSaSsIn, however i do the work that is needed, and that is enough. I have a life, even though its so hard to believe, and HW in honors classes is something amazing. Also i never imagined that *DAMN, out of all places on the web would run into a problem like it did.... so Rom, to answer your question , no.

Clan +-KoS-+ 6/26/01 - present

*DAMN BL Season 1 & 2 Rouge Spear Champions
jn.wrath
Special Forces
Forum Whore

kill whitey

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2001, 09:44:16 pm »

Mauti posted? Where?!

YaWWP

goddammit this blows
SiGmA_X
Forum Whore

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2001, 11:12:09 pm »

AsS(aSsIn)/Ultimo - Just save the emails/post's from the clan's that submit results. like make one BIG post w/ all the scores. It will save a lot a trouble in the long run, if this sort of thing ever happens again, and it is really simple to do.

Wrath - *DAMN R6/RS World

-SiGmA_X

Grifter, RIP

Bander (unbanned)
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2001, 03:04:33 am »

Assassin & Ultimo:

Dont worry, all i meant was that we must try to restore the scores of the B-League (and find a way to "save" those standings in future, in case such a problem occours again). I guess everybody here knows u are "neutral" B-League admins and that "breakdown" of the ladder wasnt your fault. But now we know this can happen so we shall find a "backup" possibility for the stats. (Mauti told me he and Elandrion will find a way).

About banning people (IP ban) from this site:

Dont get funny ace, i got my own forum like this one and i know u CAN ban IP adresses from users. Look: As it seems i am unbanned already (what a surprise) and i guess Nixon got unbanned out now. Btw. Mr. Clever: Did u ever check that i also use my work-mac for posting here? So much to your statement i still can post under my account here (lol, not only i question myself who might be the real dumbass here). So eat shit ace.

About having *DAMNs as admins here:

Yeah i will talk to mauti and suggest to take more *DAMN Members (who all have been choosen by us for being likeable and honourous people) as moderators and admins here. At last this is a *DAMN website and i dont see the point why *DAMN members permanently have to defend themselves for their postings of any kind. Free Speech? Sure. But also for the "creators" of this webcommunity. I think BONDO would be an excellent moderator here too.

And even when grifter gets hysterically again: Dont worry. U can talk as much shit and spill dirt over whoever u like - i dont care, *DAMN doesnt care. Just do your job here and dont start to do funny things (like the person who banned me and Nixe over the weekend).

Ace: U arent a moderator in my eyes u are just a riot-starter and provocating people here (not just me EVERYONE). I will tell mauti that for my personal taste such an offending character doesnt fit as moderator here. This is just my opinion. Apologizing? Haha - how pathetic.

Banning me and other close friends of *DAMN from this site and THEN calling us (or just me) an idiot for demanding to be unbanned is really a indicator for a very very low character-profile.  As is said in my starter post: All moderators who do their job bravely (No matter if i like em or not - ignore this post - and tnx for your help)

*DAMN Bander
Second Khan of Clan *DAMN (eat this!)
jn.wrath
Special Forces
Forum Whore

kill whitey

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2001, 11:27:06 am »

Bander, we keep saying that "moderators CANNOT BAN ANYONE FROM THE FORUM"

Judging by the fact that you and Nix were both unbanned, I would guess that someone somehow got Mauti's password and thought they could be funny by banning a couple guys.. and as soon as it was brought to the public attention, immediately unbanned you.

goddammit this blows
**SBR** Peekay

Tadpole Angel

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2001, 11:48:29 am »

The thing that makes this so weird is that I'm not banned....I mean...of all people, don't you think I'd be the first on their "To Ban List"?  just a little weird...

Peekay

It wasn't me...It was carrotop.
Ace
Resident Ass
God bless the freaks

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2001, 11:49:36 am »

Bander, I would like you to know that Mauti asked me to be a moderator because he felt I would be good for the job. I act no differently now than I did before. If Mauti has a problem with me, fine, I'll quit. But I am not going to give up this job because of baseless accusations. For the 156487313279th time, WE CANNOT BAN ANYONE FROM THE FORUMS. Hell, I wouldn't want to even if I could. I would much rather have morons come on here and demonstrate their idiocy so there is no doubt about it. Bander, I think you should take heed to something Winston Churchill once said. "It is better to remain silent and be thought of as an idiot than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt" (the quote isn't exactly right, but you all get the gist) And I still want my apology. You accused me of something I did not do. Common decency would suggest an apology, but I guess that is too much for you.

Destructo
Special Forces

Bucc, take a shower you stink like Detroit.

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2001, 02:33:41 pm »

Why would you want to ban ppl from a fourm???

1st of all you can't

and 2nd, isn't the point of a forum to express idea's, agreements and disagreements...

you don't just ban ppl because they raise hell...that's the point...

I commend the moderators who let it be as it is....

R6/RS, is a fuckin intense game and sure tempers flair...but that's what adds the fuel to the fun...

if you banned everyone for every little thing this would be one boring fourm...

Yes, i can see if moderators are abusing thier power, fine, then some shit needs to be sorted...

But from my expiernces with moderators, if you take a crack at them, they crack back..witch is fantastic...

ex. Ace is gay...
or Grifter likes boys
or even Ultimo licks cock for cash...

this is waht makes the form "A FORUM"

Kami, I don't care if it is spelt wrong.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads