*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 01:27:58 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Moderators: Warning!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Moderators: Warning!  (Read 7135 times)
kos.viper
Forum Whore

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2001, 02:40:38 pm »

Dest, u dumbass  Grin o and RS is not an "intense" game, u want intense u play Tactical Ops, now that shit is intense
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 am by 1029654000 » Logged

kos.viper
Xbox LIVE Gamertag: Brain 7
The box said "requires Windows 98 or better"... so I bought a Mac.
Destructo
Special Forces

Bucc, take a shower you stink like Detroit.

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2001, 02:50:04 pm »

Viper is harrassing me today..

ban him

Cool <---------yes!

Kami, I don't care if it is spelt wrong.
Bondo
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2001, 02:54:03 pm »

and 2nd, isn't the point of a forum to express idea's, agreements and disagreements...

You forum newbie.  Sure the forum is a place to express idea's and all that but if you've looked at what happens in this forum it is just a place to repeatedly make fun of another or argue a point without reading the post you're replying to.  None of the pure freedom of speech crap you're spouting.  This forum lacks any form of civility.
Destructo
Special Forces

Bucc, take a shower you stink like Detroit.

« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2001, 03:02:46 pm »

With the average age being 14, how civil can you expect this forum to be???

There are moderators, and they do there job....

"You forum newbie. "....is that a name?

Grin

Kami, I don't care if it is spelt wrong.
jn.wrath
Special Forces
Forum Whore

kill whitey

« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2001, 04:21:19 pm »

Whew, I escaped that insult! Dodged it like a true Matrix fan, I did..

YaWWP

goddammit this blows
Grifter
God bless the freaks

Detroit, where the weak are killed and eaten

« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2001, 05:23:35 pm »

Yeah i will talk to mauti and suggest to take more *DAMN Members (who all have been choosen by us for being likeable and honourous people) as moderators and admins here. At last this is a *DAMN website and i dont see the point why *DAMN members permanently have to defend themselves for their postings of any kind. Free Speech? Sure. But also for the "creators" of this webcommunity. I think BONDO would be an excellent moderator here too.

And even when grifter gets hysterically again: Dont worry. U can talk as much shit and spill dirt over whoever u like - i dont care, *DAMN doesnt care. Just do your job here and dont start to do funny things (like the person who banned me and Nixe over the weekend).

Ace: U arent a moderator in my eyes u are just a riot-starter and provocating people here (not just me EVERYONE). I will tell mauti that for my personal taste such an offending character doesnt fit as moderator here. This is just my opinion. Apologizing? Haha - how pathetic.

*DAMN Bander
Second Khan of Clan *DAMN (eat this!)

Bander, you are an asshole, do you know that?

Wrath, Ace and I cannot ban people. ?Yes, you run a forum, and YOU (being a WEBMASTER) can, so can Mauti here (since he is the WEBMASTER). ?A MODERATOR doesn't have the access to ban anyone. ?And we wouldn't even if we could. ?MODERATORS only have the ability to move, modify, delete and lock/unlock posts in their own areas (Ace and I can't even touch posts in any of the other areas besides General Gossip) so how can we ban someone from the site?? ?So, it is you that is the dumbass of which you speak. ?Don't believe me... ask Mauti (DOH, SORRY, BANDER ISN'T ALLOWED TO BE WRONG, SO HE WONT CHECK). ?Go ahead, ask Mauti to check the logs and see how it happened... or don't you have the guts to be proven wrong?? Again!

As for my status as a moderator here... I'd be glad to give it up if Mauti asked me to. ?After all, I'm doing this to support HIM. ?Mauti has made a wonderful place here for the R6/RS community to get together. ?He asked, and it's the least we can do to help out. ?So I'm happy to do it for him. ?If he has any doubts as to how we conduct ourselves, I'd be glad to hear it...... FROM HIM. ?You, Bander, are just a little baby. ?You can't stand the fact the you make yourself look like a dumbass with your posts, and that Ace and I have pointed it out. ?So please Bander, continue being an asshole, after all, I stand by the fact that you being an asshole is your right as a humanbeing.

Why do I say these things, because you, Bander, love to throw baseless accusations about.... you're just a little hate monger looking to point anger in a direction other then yourself, so nobody notices how small and pathetic you really are. ?

BTW, Wrath, Ace and I were also chosen because Mauti though we were likeable, honorable guys.... and in my opinion, we've lived up to it. ?Also, you accuse Ace of being a "riot starter"... you are such a hypocrate... what do you think starting this thread was?? ?You accusing the moderators of something... when you know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED. ?That, to me, is "riot starting"... so, be an asshole... accuse Ace of doing EXACTLY of what you just did!

"...to the last, I grapple with thee; from Hell's heart, I stab at thee; for hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee."
SiGmA_X
Forum Whore

Take a look to the sky before you die

« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2001, 05:41:56 pm »

Well... I was just coming in here to say almost what Grifer said about not being able to ban. A WEBMASTER can and a MODERATOR cannot. It seems REALLY simple to me... Hell, if I got it, shouldn't he be able to? (He as in Bander)...

Also, I think that Ace, Grifter, and Wrath are great moderators. They are knowledgeable, and rational people. They do not remove posts (Wink) and they are very 'level-headed'.... I must say that Mauti chose good people when he chose them.

Thankx.

-SiGmA_X
Dual AMD XP1800+ (OC'd 1.8GHz with air), GeForce4Ti4400 (OC'd 300/600 with air), 2x60GB Seagate HDDs, 80GB IBM HDD, 1GB DDR333 PC-2700

Grifter, RIP

**SBR** Peekay

Tadpole Angel

« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2001, 08:28:05 pm »

Hey Rom,

You got a little brown on your nose.  :::Hands Rom a hankerchief::: you might wanna wipe that off. Grin

Peekay

It wasn't me...It was carrotop.
Bander from DAMN
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2001, 04:32:10 am »

Grifter:

The only true moron and master of idioty. Listen u stupid brainless Mongo:

DAMN was founded by mauti and me, THIS site was co-developed from the beginning by mauti and me (mauti DOES and DID the main work but the basic C.I, Logos, Tags have been designed by myself). This Page has a public forum but its still a fukcing *DAMN Website.

So - and what do u do? Insulting one of the 2 owners of this site PERMANENTLY!!! (not only in discussion but whenever possible). Also jumping at *DAMN members who come here as they are used too to "discuss" (a term that u dont even know, u are only good in gangbanging and throwing insults from one corner of the world to the other end, dumb, childish and really a poor sign of your intellects).

I really dont care anymore u style-less idiots: U seem not to check that i could have removed u from that "functions" u have from the beginning of your posings against me. I did NOT cuz i tried to see these things as a neutral person. But your attemts to really make me sick of u one for all really worked. I will have a meeting with mauti during this week or over the weekend and we will discuss some important things together. Alone the style of your last postings here "for" me are such a niveau-less speech that reminds me on the cursings of some cheap street-whores full on crack. U have no style, u have no class, and the worst thing: U DONT fit into the "*DAMN Clancode". So i will discuss with mauti if its really good to have some agressive, insulting and perma-cursing people here as "moderators".

At last i SWEAR i will make sure that the general gossip thread WILL be moderated by people with some sense of calming down things and NOT such ones who spill oil into the fire instead of defeating it. Grifter u can keep on dreaming about my "idiot reputation" - but as far i can see the only 2 idiots that emerged out of these discussions are yourself and your funny gang-members here lol. But honestly: I already wasted too much time with u (Grifter and Ace) and i will not keep up my "discussions" with u clowns anymore.

Quarrel or not: Either u are for *DAMN or u are against us. But permainsulting of one of the clan founders and continuing this on *DAMN Veterans and Members (btw. what was that for a stupid Gestapo Comment u nerds?)
is fairly enough for me to remove your stupid ignorant and respectless asses from this forum part.

ITS A FACT: Nixe and i got banned over the weekend. We WILL find out who did this and then u can keep your mouths shut a while.

If you come to our house and respect the people who live there u are very welcomed. If u come into our house to act respectless towards its owners (*DAMN) we will kick u out faster than u can imagine.

As i said before (2 times already): All other moderators who do their jobs bravely here - thank you - and ignore this thread. (But Ace and Grifter seem to like to find out how far they can go. I am really pissed now. Such a bitchness i never encountered in my web-live before. But - lol - uhhhhhhh i will use my EVIL powers and fix some things here so our clan and its GOOD friends feel comfortable again here. (and NIXE is a friend of damn 100%!!! - friends are welcomed, insulting little nerds are NOT)

a hint: maybe u should read the *DAMN Codex (at last) once - maybe u will find some interesting things there ...
Bander btw.
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2001, 04:52:39 am »

Btw.:

U said one correct thing in your useless post GRIFTER:

Wrath and JN as the other moderators (no matter if i like em or not) ARE honourable persons. For excemple i respect JN very much for being an awesome r6 player who never gets moddy at newbies and always shows a cool & calmed style. And also Wrath: Ask him, we 2 had some hot discussions also but they never went that much out of hand like your "attacks" here. I respect Wrath for sticking to his opinion but also being able to understand what another person means. I also respect Black (again) cuz he had the gutts to reach out his hand to me (thats not that easy, after so much quarrel). I also respect Assassin (for doing a brave job here as BL-admin, even when we had a quarrel too), Ultimo is somehow "standing above those things" and really a smart help here too.

But Mr. ex-wise man and now: Supermoron Grifter (the one with the heaviest ammount of curse-word use now haha) and ace, just dance on my nervs. lol - this shall be a place where people can come together to talk and quarrel - but your steady private "dumbass elections" here start to annoy a lot of people already. Before i found out some things about ace i liked him very much too. But - but meanwhile hes just disgusting me.

all: sorry i was cursing too in those 2 posts but i am just answering (as it seems) in the only tone those 2 nerds understand here. and i have no problem to insult people who permanently dont watch the style of their messages.

so grifter (copy/past) something of this messages and add your shit to it - we will have a simple discussion among all damn members about these forums here and then we will act as we decided. (thats not gestapo-shit - its called democracy)
jn.wrath
Special Forces
Forum Whore

kill whitey

« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2001, 10:40:31 am »

Okay, I've been limiting myself to 30 minutes of computer usage a day, but I must say something..

Bander: I understand what you're saying about this being a *DAMN-run site and such. I also understand that you want other DAMNs to be moderators here.

Mauti asked Ace, Grift and I to be moderators here after seeing how they managed to deal with dumbasses and such.. He knew that they do not back down from arguements, so don't be surprised if they don't act like Romulus to the founders of DAMN.. but, some of the DAMN members don't act like moderators should.. examples: silent killer, zak (Cheesy) and jagg, Bondo, on the other hand would make a fine moderator.. she seems to have a good head on her shoulders (er, would that be his? Cheesy)

Also, Grift and Ace are two of the best guys on GR.. hell, Grift sent me a hard drive when mine was screwed up.

Both Grift and Bander have a responsibility here. Bander, as the co-leader of DAMN has the job of being in charge of DAMN and representing DAMN here. Grift has the job of a moderator and keeping things in check.

Bander, I think that if you went through the recent archives, especially the Romulus and Peekay files.. you would see that Grift and Ace have done a marvelous job of keeping the dumbasses in check. I just stand around and look important, they are the ones doing the moderating Smiley

i received an email from Luxx that he is banned for defending himself by another "ace-attack"
Right there, Bander, you immediately assumed that Ace had banned you and Nix for defending himself from Ace.. the fact is that we (moderators) cannot ban anyone and that it is very unfair of you to refuse to apoligize for that jab. Suggesting that Ace and Grift would hide from a disagreement by banning someone (which is a very low move) is a low blow in itself. As I said before, they are some of the most honorable guys on GR. Ace was the only SEAL that showed up for a SEALs vs POD CB and he would have battled.. now that takes some nerve.. Smiley (Ace, no comments on POD)

Grift, Bander is also one of the best guys on GR, he has stuck to DAMN through good, bad and very bad times.

If Bander wants more moderators, I say, "the more the merrier"

So, I think that if everyone thinks about things before they post and realize that.. they do owe someone an apology, we can get this behind us and get on with non-flame wars.

BTW: Bander, the dumbass election thing was started by Silent Killer and we have had no part in it.

goddammit this blows
Grifter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2001, 01:40:08 pm »

Wrathy,

Thanks for the complements.  I don't think you'll derail Bander's little crusaide against me, and  you may have brought yourself into the line of fire (since it was a post like that which started the war between Bander and me).

But, I do appreciate the thoughts.  So thanks!

Also, I do believe that is the longest post you've ever made....

"...to the last, I grapple with thee; from Hell's heart, I stab at thee; for hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee."
jn.wrath
Special Forces
Forum Whore

kill whitey

« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2001, 01:54:45 pm »

Grift, if it isn't, its pretty darn close! Smiley

About me being brought in.. I hope Bander will read my post over carefully before responding rashly to it.. b/c it isn't meant to incite any war between us.. we've already been through it twice.. Smiley

Of course, that was before you and Ace joined the forum.. if you want to go look, its in the "DAMN vs POD, news about CB vs SEALs" thread.. I can't remember where the other one took place.

I say we all should play an R6 game (Bander, Ace, Grift and I) and call it even. Perhaps even an RS game if Bander and Ace are up to it Smiley Often, people are harder to get along with when you only know them on the forum..

(this post taken from Wrath's Guide to Mediating "Discussions")

goddammit this blows
?{RiP}? Vapor

« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2001, 02:56:40 pm »

WTF?!?

First, Bander is right, why the fuck do people who only post few things on this forum get ridiculed after they make a post by those who (i stress) THINK they are the forum veterans? I hate those bastards who act like they are so great cause they have fucking 300 post or some shit. You guys should just stop say stuff about the guys that say little on the forum when they actually do post something.

BUT... why the fuck did we bring this up in the first place is beyond me. I couldn't really give two shits whether or not the assholes who ridicule the forum guys who don't post much actually know who much of an asshole they are.

"From this day to the ending of the World,
. . . we in it shall be remembered
. . . we band of brothers."

Henry V
William Shakespeare
Grifter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2001, 03:41:17 pm »

Vapor,

who are you talking about??  Since this thread was directed at the forum moderators.... I'm a bit confused.  I think most of the moderators here all share two things in common... we abuse dumbasses and we are fair.  I don't care if they have 300 or 400 posts (like Rom or Bander), or if they are posting their 10th time (like Peekay).  Now, I've seen many of the senior members here jump on people, but almost all of them have backed off when they were wrong.  I've jumped all over Rom on many an oppertunity, but I still have given him chances and don't jump on every post he makes.  I was all over Peekay several months ago, but I haven't had cause to jump on his recent posts,  because he hasn't been acting like a dumbass...  so he doesn't deserve the abuse.  

The world is not a happy, warm puppy type of place.  When people say something stupid, they get jumped on here, just like in the real world.  It's one of the ways people learn.  So, while some people here jump faster and harder then others, everyone here is just typing their feelings.  Just because Ace has posted 400 times (you spammer Ace ;P) doesn't mean he has to act more kind or gentle.... Ace is supposed to be Ace.  Just like I'm just Grifter.  I'm kinder and more gentle then Ace, but I'm still an Ass when dealing with a dumbass.  

So, I guess what I'm saying is, if you have a problem with "people" here... bring it up to them.  If you think people with more posts are supposed to be better, then you with over 200 posts should be better and jump right in.

Ace
Resident Ass
God bless the freaks

« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2001, 04:12:01 pm »

First, let me stand up and applaud at Wrath's post. You sure ended the streak of YaWWP's in style. Thanks for the compliments, but I must correct on thing. I believe that when I volunteered to CB POD alone is was more a combinaton of unbridled ego and foolish courage. :P

Vap, I don't act like I'm so great because I have so many posts, I act like that because, well, I always have. Hell, take a look at my first posts on the forums. I still act the same (for better or for worse) now. Like I have said before, post numbers don't mean a lot. That's why I think spammers are so stupid. If someone has a good point, I acknowledge it. If someone is a dumbass, I will mock them. It is as simple as that. Also, what's past has passed. Peekay has been relatively livable recently aside from some spamming so I leave him alone. Conversely, I will not let someone go just because they have shown to be smart before. I thought mort crossed the line too much lately, and I called him on it.

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
jn.wrath
Special Forces
Forum Whore

kill whitey

« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2001, 05:26:00 pm »

We follow simple guidelines:

If the post from a wannabe dumbass is intelligent, we read over the post (and then delete it Wink) and we respect them for some intelligence.

If the post from a wannabe spammer/dumbass and it is worthless.. and if all their posts are useless, well, then we can justly call them on it.

Vapor, when you or anyone else on this forum who has made a good post, we haven't ridiculed you about it. As Grift pointed out, Peekay has made some intelligent and funny posts lately (his one about handing Rom a rag to wipe his brown nose.. haha!)

Now, I'm the most mild of us three, Grift has often ridiculed me for being too nice to certain people..Smiley

goddammit this blows
Grifter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2001, 06:12:53 pm »

I also ridicule Wrath for his excessivly long posts ;P

The thing I find most funny here is that Ace, Wrath and myself actually look forward to when we can go after each other... and nobody sees that.  We all love a challenge, and debating with these two is a challenge.  (along with a few others, so please don't feel disappointed Blackie, Bondo, Mort, Postal, etc).

Mocking a Dumbass is a duty, mocking someone worthy is a joy!  The only problem is that thy being so intelligent, Ace and Wrath just usually agree with me!
Grin

Ace
Resident Ass
God bless the freaks

« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2001, 07:08:43 pm »

GRIFT, how dare you put yourself on the same level as me and wrath. We are intelligent and respectable young men, while you are nothing more than a lazy, egotistical, pedantic, paly-white Scot who thinks that we should let everyone smoke weed, cigarettes, and drive with no seatbelts!

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
jn.wrath
Special Forces
Forum Whore

kill whitey

« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2001, 07:10:29 pm »

Not to mention advocating going back to college after flunking it the first time..

goddammit this blows
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads