*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2024, 02:28:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  MaXboX G5
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: MaXboX G5  (Read 2178 times)
|MP|Nomad
Forum Whore

Go Apple!!

« on: February 03, 2004, 01:48:35 am »

You guys will get a kick out of this fellas.  I went to this site http://www.macnn.com/ and clicked on the link,

Microsoft Xbox revision to use G5, new ATI chips.  For those that can't find the link on this site, I have cut + paste the article and it is as follows,

"The Mercury News reports that Microsoft will use the G5 chip in its next-generation Xbox due in the fall of 2004 before Sony's PlayStation 3 launch (expected in 2006): "The details suggest Microsoft is far more concerned about keeping the cost of its Xbox Next console low than it is with including dazzling technological features or driving its rivals out of the business...[It will feature] (1) Three IBM-designed 64-bit microprocessors. The combined power of these chips means the Xbox Next will have more computing power than most personal computers. The chips are used in Apple Computer's high-end G5 PowerMac machines now. (2) A graphics chip designed by ATI Technologies with speeds much faster than its upcoming R400 chip for the personal computer. This chip will help the next Xbox to display games with the resolution of high-definition TV."

Ain't that cool??  Cheesy

The King of Pistoleros
c| Splinter

[the_co||ective]

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2004, 02:02:29 am »

mmm....HD, i can't even imagine what it must look like in HD, i just got HDTV service for my big Sony widescreen, and am just blown away. Imagine GhR2 and/or Rainbow Six 4 in that.

anywho...here is link Nomad was talking about:

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/business/technology/7849191.htm

"oh no, here's come's the death."
Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

i heart ghostsniper's austrian wife

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2004, 02:05:00 am »

its due out in 05 isn't it?
and knowing microsoft's games division they will fail to make any unique, original games. And with EA refusing to support xbox live, GTA bound to the PS2/3, and a number of other things, xbox 2 will flop in the same way the first one did. And yes, its a flop when nintendo's gamecube, which is marketed to people who are dependent on their parents to buy it, beats it in sales. Not to mention all the money they lose with each xbox sold.

Microsoft plays catch up to established franchises when the try to produce a game. What good is a pimp gaming console, with no good games to play on it.

No sig pics please! - Mauti
Next time you get a ban, Jeb.
|?K|*R@p1d*: i mean, i'm like the worst rs player ever
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2004, 02:34:40 am »

Wait a second, is this article trying to say that the Xbox 2 is releasing in Fall this YEAR??? 2 years before the PS3? Wow, I certainly hope not, because Halo2 is coming out this fall as well, and I don't think that'd be a very good idea.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
Scrach

Microsoft sux

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2004, 03:00:14 am »

ha ha take that microsoft. Grin  
I knew they would come on there hands and knees begging to use OUR hardware.  Jk.
I still find it ironic that they will use the g5 chip in a microsoft prouduct and that IBM would even let them.  
IBM appears to hate microsoft I mean haven't you seen all those commercials promoting Linux.  It is twisted in these computer politics which I shouldn't get into or else my head will explode.

From Robin Williams Live on Brodway:
When did you realize that you were creating a monopoly?
Gates:Monopoly is just a game senitor. I am trying to crontrol the whole fucking world.
Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2004, 08:40:26 am »

The main problem with the GC is the lack of games worth owning. The main problem with the XBox is the lack of games worth owning. There is exactly one XBox game I've ever played that I really really enjoyed and considered buying an XBox for: Crimson Skies. However, I won't buy an XBox for it because it requires XBox Live to be fun, and that's a lot of money for just one game.

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2004, 01:15:46 pm »

xbox has most if not all the games mac has, which is why i enjoy most xbox games more than my mac games, plus they run better for cheap. Smiley

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
Overthrow.aHa!

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2004, 11:27:18 pm »

Loth I gotta agree with you on the gc but the xbox has some really kickass games if you just look a little. Halo, Knights of the Old Republic, GTA 3 and VC, Deus Ex 2, Soul Caliber, and Splinter Cell are just a few of the really sweet ones.
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2004, 11:36:23 pm »

The Mercury News reports that Microsoft will use the G5 chip in its next-generation Xbox

last thing i read they were planning on the new xbox using THREE G5 processors and the brand new extreamly freaking quick ATI Card.....

I hate the damn things but the hardware sound pretty hot...

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2004, 12:12:08 am »

Overthrow, I take your point, but each of those games is available on a different, better system. In the case of a game which is on both PS2 and XBox, I would rather have the PS2 version because that controller is superior. The exception in that list is Halo. The PC/Mac version is better-balanced and more fun, but getting 3 FPS hinders my enjoyment slightly. In that case, the XBox version is superior; unfortunately I still don't like it enough to want to own an XBox to play it.

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
Scrach

Microsoft sux

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2004, 01:11:20 am »

I really like the playstation best off all the systems but lets not get into that.  3 G5 proccessors goddam.  I would buy the thing for 300$ and just gut it for the part if possible lol.  I wonder how much they are going to sell it for but If they put 3 G5 proccessors and sell it for what it is worth it will be super expencive.

From Robin Williams Live on Brodway:
When did you realize that you were creating a monopoly?
Gates:Monopoly is just a game senitor. I am trying to crontrol the whole fucking world.
Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

i heart ghostsniper's austrian wife

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2004, 03:18:07 am »

it won't have 3 970processors, each proc costs a little under 200$ in bulks of 10k.
Then again you never know, microsoft seems to be content to sell their console for a loss, chalk it up as a failure after a year and then talk about the next revision.

No sig pics please! - Mauti
Next time you get a ban, Jeb.
|?K|*R@p1d*: i mean, i'm like the worst rs player ever
kos.viper
Forum Whore

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2004, 08:01:54 pm »

Xbox Next is going to kick ass.

Crypt, it's not going to be released until Fall of 2005.  Oh and here's a disapointing update from IGN, bungie sent them an email telling them that they don't plan on a shipping date for Halo 2 until fall 2004, >:|, it best come out before the fall.  That game will own on Xbox Live.

Loth I gotta agree with you on the gc but the xbox has some really kickass games if you just look a little. Halo, Knights of the Old Republic, GTA 3 and VC, Deus Ex 2, Soul Caliber, and Splinter Cell are just a few of the really sweet ones.

Don't forget Project Gotham Racing 2, Rainbow Six 3, and Top Spin, woot.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2004, 08:03:23 pm by kos.viper » Logged

kos.viper
Xbox LIVE Gamertag: Brain 7
The box said "requires Windows 98 or better"... so I bought a Mac.
.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

.:N|General Billy likes his salad tossed!

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2004, 06:00:26 am »

The Mercury News reports that Microsoft will use the G5 chip in its next-generation Xbox

last thing i read they were planning on the new xbox using THREE G5 processors and the brand new extreamly freaking quick ATI Card.....

I hate the damn things but the hardware sound pretty hot...

I heard that kick ass ATI card is going to have 512vram. Twice as much as the fastest PC card has currently.

.:Voodoo:.
Adult Gamers Alliance
*DAMN Battle League Administrator 2002 - 2004 Retired
Brothers of Chaos - Winners of *DBL Raven Shield Season 8 with 14-0 Record
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2004, 08:57:32 pm »

I saw that Viper, disappointing news, but at least it's official now (or at least it better be) I already got this gem of a game on preorder, it's gonna be the best game ever in my opinion.

Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2004, 12:03:55 am »

What game, Crypt?

crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2004, 12:13:59 am »

Halo 2.... The game has been hyped up so much, but I think there is no way ever that it will fail to impress.

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2004, 05:11:51 pm »

I heard that kick ass ATI card is going to have 512vram. Twice as much as the fastest PC card has currently

oh yeah voodoo..... oooooh yeeah Wink

Im not going to pop out and buy my self an Xbox ever but i've been tempted to buy a playstation to help me fail my degree just that bit more, simply for one game.... GTA3 Vice City.. Nuff said

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2004, 10:36:35 pm »

Well, does it tempt you, BFG, that GTA 3 and GTA Vice City are now on Xbox and better than they are on PS2?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads