*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 09:15:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Why Bush Sucks
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Why Bush Sucks  (Read 7040 times)
Cossack
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

SEMPER TRANSFUEGA

« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2004, 05:55:33 am »

Bucc you know the state of Texas is in one of the largest budget deficits it has been in. Schools systems are failing and have lack of funding. Law enforcement e.t.c. all underpaid and under financed. To cite Texas's tax system as an example to be followed would be fool hardy.

BREAD LAND AND PEACE!
R.I.P Grifter
BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2004, 06:12:56 am »

I can't wait for Bush to get re-elected.....then you guys are REALLY gonna see some shit happen, cause then he doesn't have to worry about getting re-elected again Smiley

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2004, 06:23:13 am »

Bucc you know the state of Texas is in one of the largest budget deficits it has been in. Schools systems are failing and have lack of funding. Law enforcement e.t.c. all underpaid and under financed. To cite Texas's tax system as an example to be followed would be fool hardy.

Same goes for Michigan.  Except we are an Income Tax state.  We are in the worst financial state I've ever heard of here.

You have to take into account that Texas has been running without income tax even when it was doing much better, so put that blame where it belongs, bad management (same as here.  It's not the taxes that have caused the deficits, it's the shitty management of the money).  So don't confuse bad money management with a bad tax system.  They aren't the same thing.  After all, our Federal Government has managed to rack up an impressive deficit of it's own, hasn't it?

Also, No state does it exactly as proposed by that group.  It takes into account lessons learned from all the states and cities that do use consumption taxes.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Screw the pussy isolationists and their shortsightedness - Buccaneer
c| Spetsnaz.
*DAMN Supporter

American Anarchist.

« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2004, 06:24:06 am »

I can't wait for Bush to get re-elected.....then you guys are REALLY gonna see some shit happen, cause then he doesn't have to worry about getting re-elected again Smiley

If there is a GOD, he will, for the sake of your children's children and humanity as a whole, prevent Bush from destroying this country for another 4 years.

"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
 ~Voltaire

"Politics is the womb in which war develops."
~Carl P. G. von Clausewitz
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2004, 06:29:57 am »

I'm not joking here, and I'm not trying to make light of a serious action, just making an observation.

But, I think the whole reason Bush chose Cheney as a VP was life insurance.  I mean, as many people as Bush has pissed off, you gotta believe that there is a John Hinkley writing love letters to Jodi Foster out there just fuming and cursing because ending up with Cheney is the only thing worse then having Bush himself as Prez.  

I look forward to 4 more years of Bush like I would to a root canal.  And since I've never even had a cavity, you can imagine how scared and how much dread that would be to me.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2004, 06:34:37 am »

Although there are other people I would vote for over Bush.....NONE of them are running for President!  So if my choice is between George W. Bush and a bunch of wacko Democrats that I wouldn't trust to baby-sit my 4 year old.....I choose Bush.  Now if Colin Powell or Oliver North were running.....different story.  Oh God, I would really love to have Reagan back Smiley

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

alaric
Forum Whore

What good is life if you don't have freedom?

« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2004, 06:40:48 am »

Oh, I don't doubt it. Couldn't have said it better myself actually...
« Last Edit: January 23, 2004, 06:41:19 am by alaric » Logged

"I would rather have incompetence and abuse of power than a group of people who want to bow down to the French and the United Nations." - BTs Ghostsniper, June 17, 2004, 01:44:16 PM
c| Lone-Wolf
Forum Whore

Frog blast the vent core!

« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2004, 06:52:08 am »

I can Alaric...

"I cant wait for Bush to get re-elected, so we, as a country (all 4 of us, being Bush, Cheney, Rice, and Rummy) decide that suddenly, Switzerland is a threat to national security, harboring untold ammounts of Anthrax, VX Nerve Gas, and to boot, supporting every known terrorist organization on the planet single handedly.  And then going in there and turning it into Lake Switzerland, because we never liked the Swiss anyway, they always stayed neutral in the World Wars.  Those g'damn wimps."  

Thats what i care to say about Bush getting re-elected.

(In the event anyone reading this, or on the forums, is Swiss, i mean in no way to offend, just making a joke.  Who knows, he might decide instead that some state within the U.S. is the next big terrorist threat.  I've got my money on one of the states around the Great Lakes to be the first, or Washington)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2004, 06:55:22 am by c| Lone-Wolf » Logged

Quote from: (SiX)Sheixhundt
Air is a mechanism of control.
and i reject it.

They cant hit me from all the way over the-
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2004, 06:54:45 am »

What I have to say about Bush getting reelected: God forbid.

Lone-Wolf, perhaps, when it comes down to it, every country is a threat to National Security? World domination is the only solution.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
Cossack
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

SEMPER TRANSFUEGA

« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2004, 06:57:18 am »

Bad manegment is a major cause. Texas, when under the governorship of Anne Richards, ran better.

I did look into consumption based tax and it still screws the poor. They spend a larger amount of their salary than rich people do. Well this is how the tax system in Texas works. Now if we combined "your" Consumption tax with a tax on Luxery items, we could start ourselves on a way to a more viable tax system.

Any system will get old after a while. Loopholes are made and people stray from their values. To quote Jefferson "We should have a revolution every ten years. This way the spirit of the people will not fade." Maybe its time for a revolution.

Given your unique political views I am interested on who you are wanting to vote for president. You dont like democrats' domestic policies, but you dont like Bush's restriction on human rights? You got someone in mind, a Liberatrian canidate?

BREAD LAND AND PEACE!
R.I.P Grifter
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2004, 06:57:31 am »

You know, I finally see why the vast majority of you have such warped views (not all of you, just most of you).  It's because you all grew up with Clinton as the President.  I however was born when Nixon was President, don't really remember Ford and Carter too well, and grew up with Reagan and Bush, Sr in office.  Guess that is where my warped views come from, I am just from a different time than most of the younger people on here.

Oh well, don't think I can change your views....but hey, I can have fun pissing you all off!

-GhostSniper Out.

c| Lone-Wolf
Forum Whore

Frog blast the vent core!

« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2004, 06:58:43 am »

Ahhhh, good point Typhy! I can see the nukes launching right now (I live within 100 miles of the Bangor submarine base, the 3rd largest concentration of nuclear warheads in the world, following the entirety of the United States, and Russia.)

As a little extra, you all should listen to this song by Randy Newman,  called Political Science.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2004, 07:04:09 am by c| Lone-Wolf » Logged

Quote from: (SiX)Sheixhundt
Air is a mechanism of control.
and i reject it.

They cant hit me from all the way over the-
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2004, 07:01:02 am »

Someone who was born with Nixon as president is calling the views of those of us born with Clinton ( I was born with Bush Sr. ) warped? Talk about irony. . .

Perhaps the reason that we dislike Bush is because we expect better? Higher standards than someone who grew up with Reagan and Bush Sr? ( both far better presidents than Bush Jr, but nothing compared to Clinton, namely in his first term in office ).  

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2004, 07:11:02 am »

I am old enough to remember Nixon, Carter and Ford.  Carter was by far, the better president.  Reagan set out and accomplished one really big thing (getting the USSR into a spending war and bankrupting them).  This didn't do wonders for our economy or our deficit either.  

Carter was much more well rounded, and probably the smartest President we've had (at least that I can think of).  He gets a raw deal over the hostage situation, but the man actually had balls (he went to Three Mile Island in the middle of the crisis, and stepped right in, being a nuclear engineer and all).

Ford wasn't around enough to make an impact, and him just being Nixon's running mate was enough to end his career after that.

Nixon actually didn't do a bad job as Prez, except for the dumbest fucking mistake you could make in Watergate.  He had that thing won and never needed to do any of that.  Idiot.

Bush Sr was alright, but didn't do anything special really.  I wonder if the economy would have picked up had he been reelected, but we'll never know.  I doubt the deficit would have been reduced.

BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2004, 07:29:13 am »

Just as a side note, Bucc.....Ford wasn't Nixon's running mate.  Spiro Agnew was elected Vice President with Nixon.....after Agnew resigned, Nixon appointed Gerald Ford as Vice President.  Then when Nixon resigned, Ford became President.  He then failed to get elected and lost to Carter.  So, there you have it....the only person in American History that served as President who was never elected to either Vice President or President.

|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2004, 08:04:03 am »

True, Ford was our only president that was never elected.  I know that, it was just a poor choice of words on my part.

Gotta remember that Ford was a UofM football player and a local boy, so I know all about him =D.

Cossack
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

SEMPER TRANSFUEGA

« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2004, 08:13:31 am »

You know I am tired of hearing Reagan this Reagan that. He didnt get the Soviet Union into a bankrupting spending war, Harry Truman did! The whole Cold War was a giant spending war. To say that the Republicans are responsible for the downfall of the Soviet Union is just plain stupid. The democrats were tough as nails on communism with Truman's Korea, JFK's Cuba Missile Crisis, and LBJ's war in Vietnam, and Carter's making the CIA involved in Afghanistan with Zbignew *spits on ground* Brezhinski. I am not saying Reagan had nothing to do with it, but by the time the spineless Gorbechev came into power, the Soviet Union was on the decline. Indeed, after the death Leonoid Brezhnev. Reagan just happened to be at the end of it (rather Bush Sr.).

Another note about Carter is that he is one of the only presidents that I can say has a kind heart and decent soul.

BREAD LAND AND PEACE!
R.I.P Grifter
kami
God bless the freaks

You're not a man without *NADS.

« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2004, 09:00:18 pm »

http://www.factcheck.org/article.aspx?docID=129

What Bush left out at the SotU speech.

*NADS toilet cleaner goldylocks

'There is nothing divine about morality, it is a purely human affair.' - Albert Einstein
'With soap, baptism is a good thing.' - Robert G. Ingersoll
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2004, 09:09:10 pm »

http://www.factcheck.org/article.aspx?docID=129

What Bush left out at the SotU speech.

I love it....now go back to that site and type into it's archive search Kerry, Dean, Clark, or any of the other Democrats running for President and see how big of liers they all are.

|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2004, 11:05:32 pm »

Indeed, after the death Leonoid Brezhnev. Reagan just happened to be at the end of it (rather Bush Sr.).

Another note about Carter is that he is one of the only presidents that I can say has a kind heart and decent soul.

I don't agree with you about Reagan Sack.  He really turned up the heat.  

And my point was, He had two (said one last time, I'm correcting myself here) major goals he said he would accomplish, and did.  1) getting the hostages released (not that it was much of his work, but he still gets the credit. And 2) bankrupting the USSR.  And he did that to.

I don't care who started the cold war, it was never Americas goal to bankrupt the Soviet Union 'till Reagan.  Yes, we were locked in the cold war, even had grain embargo's so we couldn't sell the soviets bread.  But Reagan actually saw where the real "opportunity" (for lack of a word that will fit) was to bring down the USSR without a war.  And he upped the spending like nobody's business.  He wasn't doing it to make America stronger, to counter the threat, as past presidents had, he was throwing money away, just to force the USSR to do the same.  He did this like a poker player knowing he had the bigger stack of chips and was out to buy the pot, not win the hand.  And he did.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads