*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 06:32:14 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Warning- Explicit content
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Warning- Explicit content  (Read 2351 times)
Typhy
God save the Royal Whorealots

Woot

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2004, 07:31:31 am »

Not Frank Murkowski ( Murk Man ), Tony Knowels, our former govoner, at the time that he was in office.

Another problem with New York heat: I can't take wether over 65. It's just disgusting.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
Noto
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2004, 08:22:11 am »

Whoa Whoa Whoa!!!

Alaska better than New York State or New York City (New York - often called New York City to distinguish it from the state of New York)?

First off, if we're talking about state, it has everything you want.  Really, it does.

Secondly, if you're talking about NYC, there's really only one question here:

How many titty bars does Juneau have?  Wink

.::|N| Noto

And not to be an ignorant fuck or anything, but I checked out the Juneau web site @ Sled Dog Land!!!

Wow, the university I went to had more people enrolled than the entire population of Juneau.

Facts of the day!
Juneau, Alaska = 30,000+
University of South Florida = 36,000+
Tampa, Florida = 300,000+
State of New York = 19,000,000+
New York, New York = 8,000,000+

Fact Discovery of the week!
Say New York outloud as many times as you can in one minute.  Afterwards, reflect upon how strange it sounds, and then ponder for 15 minutes while eating Pop Tarts.  Warning: Your girlfriend might threaten to break up with you if you waste time with her again on that damned computer.  (The fact of the week really isn't a fact as much as it is a discovery... but I thought I would donate my time to help all the folks out there who appreciate such scientific experimentation.)
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2004, 08:34:21 am »

I think our website ( www.juneau.org ) is hosted on 56k. . .

The only sled dogs here are kept out near the airport ( Juneau International Airport; desgined for one plane ( Alaska Airlines 727s or 737s - 747s can't land on our runway. )

They fly them up to the Mendenhall Glacier during the summer, to take tourists for rides. I might add that we've had as many as 50,000 during the summer ( 20,000 tourists off the cruise ships, and 30,000 locals ). - Third biggest city in the state.  

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2004, 12:16:27 pm »

Your governor is a dipshit

Speaking of dipshit governors, mine is a one too! Rowland...

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2004, 12:48:32 pm »

Ahh alaska. Never been but would very much like to.. *note to self put on list of traveling*

Btw Irish wolf hounds must be one of the best dogs around. Apart from making me feel like im in proportion with somthing (honest after a while you start to feel stupid) they just kick ass Cheesy

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2004, 03:34:12 pm »

By the way, Juneau is the largest city in the United States.  Followed by Jacksonville, FL and 3rd is Oklahoma City, OK (where I am from).  These are the three largest cities in the United States in area, not population.

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
bronto
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2004, 05:32:38 pm »

http://www.juneauempire.com/stories/040603/loc_school.shtml

'when was the last time you got in the juneau newspaper?'

don't fuck with ny. long island represent nigga.
Cutter

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2004, 05:54:57 pm »

don't know who led zepplin is? *DAMN thats fuckin funny!

Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn.
*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

Where is the knowledge we lost with information?

« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2004, 05:58:56 pm »

Typhy, fishing blows. Skiing is okay which you can do in NY. You can go up to the great lakes near Syracuse if you want to fish King's(I have done it, it was boring) And who the fuck wants to carry 50 lbs of smelly ass fish in their backpack for 5 miles? I live 20 minutes away from NYC by train, NYC has everything you could want. It's an awesome place to just walk around with your friends and buy cool shit that you can't buy in our little town like lighters/fireworks and other shit. Besides do you even have beaches in Alaska?

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
~ Einstein
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2004, 07:47:51 pm »

Fishing blows if it involves waiting. At fish creek, it's every cast fishing for 30-50lbs kings ( snagged, not fair hooked, of course ).

Beaches: two beaches here with sand on them. Eagle Beach and Sandy Beach. Both products of the mines that used to be here. All the rest of the beaches are rocks ( you tend to live around a lot of beaches when you live on an Island ).

You can buy fireworks up in Haines. It's about 50 minutes away by Beaver, 40 by Otter, or 4 hours by ferry.

Oddly enough, GS is right. . . Theoretically, Juneau is the biggest city in the United States, that is, of course, because of land mass ( I guess they consider the ice fields above the Mendenhall part of the city. )  

BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2004, 07:54:29 pm »

Oddly enough, GS is right. . . Theoretically, Juneau is the biggest city in the United States, that is, of course, because of land mass ( I guess they consider the ice fields above the Mendenhall part of the city. )  

Exactly, the city of Juneau includes part of a glacier.  I love how typhy says "oddly enough, GS is right", as if I've never been right before.....lol

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2004, 07:55:01 pm »

In the words of Myst "Riddle me this."

How many celebrities live in Alaska?
How many professional sports teams does Alaska have?
How far do you have to travel just to see a professional game?
How many millionaires and entrepreneurs live in your biggest city compared to NYC?
How many concerts do they have in Alaska?
How many of those bands are worth listening to?

Takes me 3-6 inches to get a snow day, takes you 4-5 feet

You get movies like 5 months after us, you have probably never even seen braveheart, the godfather, or any other movie worth seeing.

You get no good music (obviously after seeing what started this thread)

I'm surprised you even get macs there.

Edit: you don't have TV and "music is for stoners"

« Last Edit: January 15, 2004, 08:01:05 pm by ?Hazard » Logged

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
~ Einstein
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2004, 08:16:08 pm »

Heh, GS, that's not quite how I meant it. I meant it in the sense that it's an odd fact, and something you wouldn't tend to think of.

I can proudly say that Carlos Boozer gave me a bloody nose with his elbow ( now a basketball player for Cleveland, went to Duke ).

Only have to travel about a thousand miles to see a game, down in Seattle.

The average Juneau resident is probably much better off than the average resident of NY.

I honestly wouldn't know about concerts. I consider such things to be a worthless waste of time.

I'd much rather have 1/3rd as many snow days in exchange for having more snow. Besides, if there's good snow fall overnight, fuck school, I'm going skiing.

There's no delay in movies here. We obviously don't get as many, considering that we've got 2 theaters ( 3 screen at one, 1 at the other, I think ).

*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2004, 08:49:09 pm »

Only have to travel about a thousand miles to see a game, down in Seattle.

Only....

"music is for stoners" CONFORMIST!

~ Einstein
Wombat

I'm Naked.

« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2004, 09:07:48 pm »

"I honestly wouldn't know about concerts. I consider such things to be a worthless waste of time. "

Dude you're so fucking ignorant and biased.  Grow up.  You can't take weather over 65?  What the hell is wrong with you?  Go sniff some gasoline, ya fucking 9 year old.  

Oh and Ace brooklyn is shit go to fucking Manhattan you n00b.

iMac 800 Mhz 17" Flatscreen LCD, 512 MB RAM, GeForce 4 MX 32 MB VRAM
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2004, 09:14:29 pm »

Easy on the flaming, fellas.

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
MovingUnit:SOG

Special Operations Group

« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2004, 09:20:45 pm »

I am goin to have to agree with Typhy that the Skiing in Alaska can not be compared to skiing little hills in New York.  Alaska mountains are out of control, no comparison.

Other than that i would rather live in New York, especially where the men to women ratio is slightly, who am i kidding, much better than Alaska, lol.  I don't think i could fight over the same girl that 15 other guys want.

-MU [aka trox]
SOG Teamleader - Alpha Unit Leader
http://trox.junglescene.com
--------"We aren't here to start a war."--------
Cutter

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2004, 09:49:37 pm »

and no t.v.? my god man, it's 2004! Shocked

Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn.
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2004, 11:08:25 pm »

I actually in a sense evny typhy. Even if its not your sort of life, thats a great way to live. Hardy elements, nice safe people, huge connection to wildlife. Honestly, I think you could do so much worse. I live in Maine, not exactly the center of civalization(I live in the largest city in the state, Portland, which has somewhere around 65,000 people) but Boston is just two hours away. Everything that Hazard "riddled" is the product of a civilization that many would say is bad, and filled with a wrong, stressful and harmful way of life.

that all said, I love NYC.

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
Wombat

I'm Naked.

« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2004, 11:43:24 pm »

I like how you're talking about typhy's life style as if he doesn't have five macs.  He's not fully cut off from civilization.  And his life isn't stressful maybe because his parents buy him everything he wants.  Not to mention he lives in a place where people believe music is for stoners.  They can't even appreciate art.  Hardly a way to live.

iMac 800 Mhz 17" Flatscreen LCD, 512 MB RAM, GeForce 4 MX 32 MB VRAM
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads