*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 12:22:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mac users vs. Mac whiners; a schism in Macland  (Read 963 times)
kos.viper
Forum Whore

« on: January 14, 2004, 03:18:30 pm »

God, now if this isn't a funny article, I don' t know what is.  The author compares real Mac users to "iMac users," which he refers to as "Mac whiners."

http://www.macdailynews.com/opinion_comments.php?id=P623_0_2_0_C

kos.viper
Xbox LIVE Gamertag: Brain 7
The box said "requires Windows 98 or better"... so I bought a Mac.
Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2004, 06:12:01 pm »

Meh. I'd find it funny too if he wasn't the diametric opposite of the kind of people I think of as "the Mac community". I've heard lots of awed comments from ex-PC users (and soon-to-be ex-PC users, heh) about how nice Mac users are, how easy it is to get help, how tolerant of newbies, and so on. Hell, if Mac users were the same kind of assholes that are under every rock on the PC side, I'd be saving money and using a PC. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em, right? Fortunately, I know how to beat 'em.

Anyhow, lack of sleep has me rambling. To pick up the tattered shreds of my point, articles like that can give potential Mac users a bad picture of the "Mac user attitude", and might just make them reconsider. Therefore, not funny to me.

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
"Sixhits"
*DAMN Supporter
Forum Whore

Monkey see, monkey do

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2004, 07:48:49 pm »

Heheh. I guess my mother, who can barely tell the difference between a mac and a pc, is an iMac Whinner.

"Perhaps, the most important thing to remember about that which we are faced with: Fascism, at its core, is a fraud. It promises the triumphal resurrection of the nation, and delivers only devastation. Strength without wisdom is a chimera, resolve without competence a travesty."
Blitz

Pride and dignity mean nothing on the battlefield!

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2004, 05:49:33 am »

I like how he refers to macintoshes that were what... Umm.. 6 years old... Now mind you, he is probably typing this article on one of those.  What is really great is he doesn't go into detail about how Apple give out free updates for certain products, and gives out a shit load of software with the mac.  Now, lets take a look from the PC side. I have about 6 PC users in my CCNA course, who by the way are getting top-end Macs this May, are saying that if they had a Mac, they would "pwn" everyone.  I laughed and showed them my iPod. Anyways, this guy is an "iMac'/"Mac Whiner." Now, I know some Mac users are not in the upper middle class, but in the lower end. That is fine, but he doesn't do any research on the fact that this guy could be a moron, and live in a "ghetto" house.  His whole article is based on rationalization. Just like Bowling for Columbine was based upon.  For all we know, he was caught doing sex with a 17 year old herpe infested cheerleader that he raped.

Finally, the comments all diss the author. Thus, showing he is neither a good writer (probably failed English in high school), or he is a person that whats attention. Just like Rapid.

I say, fuck him, his opinion doesn't matter, as long as we can teabag him and his family, I am happy.

X1|Blitz Cool

I WILL EAT YOUR SOUL!!!!! RRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!
Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

i heart ghostsniper's austrian wife

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2004, 09:44:43 am »

Let me get this straight,
So writing in a blog (aka whining) about mac whiners is a bit redundant. Then my whining about someone who is whining about whiners is just as ridiculous.
Damn these conundrums, nothing good can come from whining about whining, just war.

No sig pics please! - Mauti
Next time you get a ban, Jeb.
|?K|*R@p1d*: i mean, i'm like the worst rs player ever
Wombat

I'm Naked.

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2004, 03:17:31 am »

I think the guy has a point.  Call me an asshole (I am) or what you will, but the people I've met with the 800 dollar 5 year old iMacs are the ones who complain about prices.  That does not include infection, mauti, or anybody else on GameRanger.  However, he did leave out a whole group of people that do the same as the 800 dollar 5 year old iMac users, the construct whores.

Now most of them have probably left by now, but there is always a handful of these guys complaining about how soundjam was better than itunes and how they are going to go out and buy a pc as soon as possible.  Fortunately, they weren't lying.  I think Uriel was one of those.  Entmoof definately was.  

However, I don't agree with the social class stereotyping.  I'm sure there is a mac user who drives a Ford Fiesta and isn't a whiner.  Hell, the guy probably spends his money on macs over cars.  The "iMac users" are just mac users who know nothing about macs or computers in general and wanted to save money.  And in many cases, they should have bought a PC.

iMac 800 Mhz 17" Flatscreen LCD, 512 MB RAM, GeForce 4 MX 32 MB VRAM
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads