*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 12:31:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Should I make my host for US only?
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Should I make my host for US only?  (Read 4032 times)
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« on: January 13, 2004, 08:38:28 pm »

This has been pissing me off lately.

I go on GR, and there are right now 4 hosts that say something to the effect of EU only.  Yesterday it was that asshole gnook with "no fucking americans" as the title of his game.

Should I just start kicking all the Europeans from the MP servers?  I mean, I have had no problem with Europeans on it so far, Had like four boys from R on it the other night, saying that the lag wasn't bad at all.  

Now, I know that if I had a title in my game saying "no fucking euros", I'd take some major heat over it.  I think it's time you guys gave them some major heat as well.  Or is this a one way street?

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Screw the pussy isolationists and their shortsightedness - Buccaneer
"Sixhits"
*DAMN Supporter
Forum Whore

Monkey see, monkey do

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2004, 08:57:45 pm »

Fuck'em.

Shocked

"Perhaps, the most important thing to remember about that which we are faced with: Fascism, at its core, is a fraud. It promises the triumphal resurrection of the nation, and delivers only devastation. Strength without wisdom is a chimera, resolve without competence a travesty."
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2004, 09:01:16 pm »

I dunno about that Bucc, most of the problems of that sort come from the eOe's (a few in general) If the problem persists, just block all the ones causing trouble.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

Where is the knowledge we lost with information?

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2004, 09:07:04 pm »

Ban the people who host Euro only servers, but I don't think all Euros should be punished.

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
~ Einstein
Cobra

Slap ma fro!

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2004, 09:31:53 pm »

Ban the people who host Euro only servers, but I don't think all Euros should be punished.
I agree with this.

If you don't like the way I drive, get off the damn sidewalk!
kami
God bless the freaks

You're not a man without *NADS.

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2004, 09:33:41 pm »

No wonder you take such offense from my subject topic, you've got European pissants all over you, don't you Bucc?

*NADS toilet cleaner goldylocks

'There is nothing divine about morality, it is a purely human affair.' - Albert Einstein
'With soap, baptism is a good thing.' - Robert G. Ingersoll
kos.viper
Forum Whore

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2004, 09:56:09 pm »

Ya, I don't understand what's going on either.  All of these Euro noobs are complaining about lag, yet clans such as RnT and Virus never complain.

kos.viper
Xbox LIVE Gamertag: Brain 7
The box said "requires Windows 98 or better"... so I bought a Mac.
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2004, 09:59:29 pm »

All of these Euro noobs are complaining about lag, yet clans such as RnT and Virus never complain.

Right now, RnT Freecheese is hosting a room that is EU only.

Keep them out of your server, bucc, if they don't want you in theirs. Otherwise, let them play.

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2004, 11:13:52 pm »

Just noobs that have never experienced the good old 400 - 600ping R6 games every Euro was used to play with back in the days...

I just ask myself how they want to differ between European players and US!??? I don't think they do a WHOIS query for everyone that joins their server...

All in all I think you should answer with a host title OPEN FOR EVERYONE  Wink and if you get banned from their host do the same.

Bye,

Mauti
*DAMN - One WORLDWIDE Gaming Community

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
the oNe
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2004, 12:15:15 am »

Omfg, who cares.  Everyone's just jumping on the bandwagon.  Euro n00bs follow the small minded euros hate Americans wagon.  Diversity people, no segregation =0.  

To Euro hosts: Make your hosts welcome to everyone please, most of the USA hosts don't have a problem with Euros joining their games.  

This is like Rogue Spear/Raven vs. Ghost Recon.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2004, 12:17:58 am by <o:n:e » Logged
onwig

geeza!

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2004, 01:00:05 am »

yeah was speaking to bucc about this earlier, i dont agree with this euro thing only, it sucks.

I would'nt like to see a game room that says americans only, if you guys had of started doing that, some euro guy would have posted about it the same way you did.

I am sure after a while, when rvs has been played loads more, and people have got used to the lag difference, things will go smoothly (apart from cb's, that will be some fun arguments).

quick question, because i wasnt around (i am a euro noob), was it like this when GHR or RS first came out?
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2004, 01:25:50 am »

If you don't like lag in a server don't play in it... Euro's shouldn't be hosting 'euro' only games and nor should anyone else.

I don't understand how people can complain about lag on an MP server.. they are some of the best servers available. Like it or lump it.

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2004, 01:48:37 am »

I would'nt like to see a game room that says americans only, if you guys had of started doing that, some euro guy would have posted about it the same way you did.

That's exactly why I wanted to point it out.  I wont ever ban someone just because of their ping or where they live (though I have kicked a few that cried "lag" after every game they didn't do well on).

Onwig, while there's always been talk about atlantic lag with CB's, this is the first time I've seen it on normal games, not to mention this bad.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Screw the pussy isolationists and their shortsightedness - Buccaneer
Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

i heart ghostsniper's austrian wife

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2004, 07:42:51 am »

listen, i've been doing so without a mission statement for months i don't see why you have just figured this out now bucc.

i wouldn't be against banning euros, except maybe the ones i like... wait, ban everyone.

btw, its not like the frogs would do anything if we did this
« Last Edit: January 14, 2004, 07:44:36 am by Jeb » Logged

No sig pics please! - Mauti
Next time you get a ban, Jeb.
|?K|*R@p1d*: i mean, i'm like the worst rs player ever
Toxic::Joka
Forum Whore

Now available in PC flavour.

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2004, 04:16:16 pm »

quick question, because i wasnt around (i am a euro noob), was it like this when GHR or RS first came out?

When GhR first came out there was some "usa only" hosts, I acctually got kicked from a server for being euro. I guess since GhR brought lots of new faces, few knew much about lag and such, so they made "this continent only" games ( including me  Grin ), at some point i got 512/512 and could host better.

Don't think the eOe servers have much to do with lag/ping though... But what do you expect when "you" give them shit 24/7...

Anyway, don't ban all euros
Make love, not war

Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2004, 06:17:12 pm »

Part of the reaction in the days of GhR (I can't tell you how much I'm enjoying talking about that game in the past tense, by the way  Grin ) was because GhR handled lag about as well as a quadraplegic juggles chainsaws. RvS is considerably better; I've played against people with pings exceeding two hundred without noticing even as much lag as GhR would display with a ping of 150.

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
e?e G??nk

Allah wakbar

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2004, 06:17:29 pm »

Ahahah. Learn my name if you want to insult me correctly. Buccaner nOOb...
By the way, the dedicated e?e server is for every one. Including US, Canadian and all other Americans. e?e has US members. We wouldn't register US members if we were the assholes you describe. Stop argueing for no reason. Stop complaining.

Why do you complain? You saw some server with "no american". Why don't you think it may be because of PING issue. YES, European server and US clients creates LAG.

Why do you want to join European servers if your FUCKING MP server is SO GOOD.
BASTARDS

Battle League is boring
Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2004, 06:22:45 pm »

I motion for a warning for Goonk for flaming. Bucc hasn't even mentioned eOe or Goonk.

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
e?e G??nk

Allah wakbar

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2004, 06:45:18 pm »

I suggest a warning for you too for not beeing able to read correctly.
Indeed there is a mistake in my name. Don't say "he said gnook, not goonk"....
anyway. I open a room in Game ranger right now and I won't read this topic anymore. i let it for my e?e friends. have fun. (we do)

Our server says "Europe dedicated" it means the host is in Europe but not that US are bannish. Move on and grow up. Kids.

Yesterday it was that asshole gnook with "no fucking americans" as the title of his game.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2004, 06:47:58 pm by e?e G??nk » Logged

Battle League is boring
Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

Respect: The most important thing you'll ever earn

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2004, 06:53:00 pm »

oh boy, oh boy, where to start.  well, how bout the top

Ahahah. Learn my name if you want to insult me correctly. Buccaner nOOb...
By the way, the dedicated e?e server is for every one. Including US, Canadian and all other Americans. e?e has US members. We wouldn't register US members if we were the assholes you describe. Stop argueing for no reason. Stop complaining.

well, you're right, bucc did mention you, but being called an asshole is hardly an insult, i suggest you get thicker skin.
also, buccaneer was making an observation,a VALID observation. i've also seen several euro only games, and i've seen you host games with the 'no fucking americans' title. i've also been kicked from servers simply for being an american. he's simply pointing out what he though was wrong.  you are the one turning this into an argument

and a side note, only people who are joking or complete poseurs use leet in their posts. i doubt you were doing the former

Why do you complain? You saw some server with "no american". Why don't you think it may be because of PING issue. YES, European server and US clients creates LAG.

buccaneer is pointing out the fact that there is just as much bashing of americans as there is bashing of euros, a point that he has been trying to make for some time now.  also, it's no just that your server said no americans, it's that it said no fucking americans.  the first is a polite request, the second is an insult.
if this was all about ping issues, i'd like to ask you (and the rest of the community) where all the no american games were during the RS days? fact of the matter is that while there were a few (there always have been and always will be ignorant assholes), the vast majority of games were open, and if there was 'euro lag' (it did exist. i was on the receiving end of it many times when playing the members of virus...although i think a minor difference in skill also played a large part) you accepted it and you played the next round.
Why do you want to join European servers if your FUCKING MP server is SO GOOD.
BASTARDS

did we SAY that we wanted to join your server???
no we didn't. i'll say it again. bucc was simply pointing out the fact that american bashing does exist as a point of consideration. never did he imply, hint at, or otherwise indicate that any member of |MP| wished to join your server.

and as for the bastards comment, well that is why i chose to respond. you see, i hadn't posted in this thread, talked to you, or even THOUGHT about insulting a european. you turn around and call my whole clan a group of bastards. i'm sorry but i don't let people like you get away with unprovoked attacks on me.

so in conclusion: You sir, are a dumbass and are hereby being warned for flaming[/color]
« Last Edit: January 14, 2004, 10:08:21 pm by Brain » Logged

"Engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance."  Dr. A. R. Dykes -1976
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads