*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 08:35:35 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  New ATI card!! 256 Mb!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New ATI card!! 256 Mb!  (Read 868 times)
th.Sentinel

« on: January 12, 2004, 05:23:10 pm »

ATI released a new graphics card at the Expo last week. I wonder why no-one started a thread about it yet??!?  Huh

Here's a link to find out a bit more about the new cards.

They also said there will be a new PCI card soon, they allrdy showed it at the expo...

(ps: the new graphics card is specially designed for the G5) I own one so it will fit!!! Now I only need the money and wait untill it ships to Belgium... Sad

Let the high graphics come!!!  Grin

th.Sent

+    + +    ++[+] +     ++[+]
BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2004, 05:47:18 pm »

Ouch.....$469 US....wonder how I can explain that one to my wife?!  I wonder if it will plug right in where the current graphics card is with power and all.  Currently, if you buy an after-market ATi 9800 PRO, you have to split power for it off of the SuperDrive and it is a pain in the butt to start rewiring your G5.  The Graphics Cards that ship with the G5 have power that comes from a slot that the card plugs into on the motherboard.

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2004, 12:24:21 am »

I wonder when they will start allowing you to put them in your custom built G5 from the apple store. Maybe I'll wait till then and when they release the new line of G5 models to think about which one I want.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
Saberian 3000

The victory is not to be a target, but to win

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2004, 11:35:24 am »

It's a sweet card that is for sure.  The only bummer is that it dosent work in native G4's with the AGP card.  They said the power consumption was the issue but in relaity I believe that could have been fixed by just being able to plug into the power supple with an extra internal pwoer cord like many of the PC's have the option to do with their older machines with only 4x slots.  that is something in my mind that they should do for the Mac users to allow more people to really enjoy that beast.  Although the comparable cards from a PC are about the same price like Leadtek's Nividia 256 card and the ATI Radeon 256 as well, but the price still sucks ass Sad  I guess that is what ya gotta pay though for a completely self contained processor graphics card.

:MoD:Saberian

In the end, it's about what is fair for the whoie
cO.Kuza

because we call blunts bleezies

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2004, 03:54:21 am »

jesus upgraing already sent? you just got yor G5. Correct me if im wrong but dosnt the G5 come stock with an awsome graphics card? For the games that are played on GR such high end graphics are rediculous.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2004, 03:54:46 am by |GM| Kuza:. » Logged

is it 2008 yet?
SAR(VoLaTile)

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2004, 04:59:46 am »

wow...I wonder how many fps you will get with that thing..lol
wish i could afford it  Shocked
« Last Edit: January 14, 2004, 05:01:18 am by SAR » Logged

No pics in your sig pls - Your Forum moderators
th.Sentinel

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2004, 09:30:01 am »

Kuza now I got the ATI 9600 64 Mb... Its fast and great... but I want more  Grin  Grin !!!

256Mb > 64Mb that's 4x times faster. My G5 would be awsome then "just great"  Wink

I would love to have 100+ fps on RvS (but first I need RvS Wink )

th.Sent
« Last Edit: January 14, 2004, 09:30:45 am by th.Sentinel » Logged

+    + +    ++[+] +     ++[+]
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads