*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 04:16:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Updated NFL Picks Poll
Poll
Question: Who will win the Superbowl (of the four teams left)?
PATRIOTS! (The only right answer) - 3 (21.4%)
Colts (They'd have a chance if they weren't facing the Pats next weekend) - 6 (42.9%)
Eagles (Whores) - 2 (14.3%)
Panthers (If you pick this, you're obviously high) - 3 (21.4%)
Total Voters: 13

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Updated NFL Picks Poll  (Read 1660 times)
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

« on: January 12, 2004, 05:45:06 am »

The new list.

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
Typhy
God save the Royal Whorealots

Woot

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2004, 06:27:32 am »

With the eagles getting extremely lucky ( 4th and 26, give me a fucking break ); the Pats just sealed their soon-to-be Super Bowl victory.

The Colt's offense ( good as it is ), will struggle to put up points against the Pat's defense. New England will have an easy time at home, against a weak Colts defensive unit.

Carolina's luck will run out. Philly will win by at least 2 TDs.

In the Super Bowl, Belecheck's defense will put tons of preasure on McNabb, when he tries to run, NE's linebackers will step up and take him down. Without his running game, and with a good pass rush, the only thing that'll be left is Duce Staley, who will also be shut down by NE's defense. NE will unquestionably beat the hell out of Philly.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

i heart ghostsniper's austrian wife

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2004, 06:34:47 am »

i told you typhy, but you didn't listen.
Farve sucks.

I'd give it to the patriots at home, if its cold there (why wouldn't it be) they will thrive.

No sig pics please! - Mauti
Next time you get a ban, Jeb.
|?K|*R@p1d*: i mean, i'm like the worst rs player ever
Cutter

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2004, 07:13:51 am »

typhy considers getting to three straight nfc championships exremely lucky? lol i thought i told ya... last time the packers won in philly, bart starr was the qb, vince lombardi was the coach and the year was 1962.
the eagles aready crushed the panthers once this season, one more time then it's off to houston. probably to face the pats.

Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn.
Cossack
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

SEMPER TRANSFUEGA

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2004, 07:22:08 am »

I am an Eagles and Cowboy fan all the way. But since the cowboys are gone alls I gots is the eagles. If anyone saw that game last night I have to agree the Eagles have been getting lucky. I mean what was the Green Bay QB THINKING? He literaly threw the game for Green Bay.

McNabb will overcome and the pats will loose. I think we can all agree that whoever comes to the superbowl in Houston. Its gonna be one hell of a nail biter.

BREAD LAND AND PEACE!
R.I.P Grifter
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2004, 08:02:51 am »

Cutter, I don't give a shit about the "last time the Packers beat the Eagles," I care about now. I consider converting a 4th and 26 with less than a minute left luck. I consider the Packers missing a 4th & 1 at the goal line, when, if they'd kicked, in the end, it'd have taken Philly a TD to tie the game luck. And I would consider Favre throwing one up for grabs in OT luck.

There is no question in my mind that the Eagles will beat the Panthers. Even with their injuries, they're simply a better team, and they have home field advantage.

Cossack, I don't expect a close Super Bowl. I think both the Pats and Colts are far superior teams to their NFC oponents.

While I expect the Pats to win, I wouldn't bet too much on that game. It's hard to go against Manning, Harrison, and James, no matter how good your defense is. However, I don't expect Philly or Carolina to be able to put up much of a fight against either of those teams.  

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

i heart ghostsniper's austrian wife

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2004, 08:18:30 am »

we should do some paypal gambling  Cheesy

No sig pics please! - Mauti
Next time you get a ban, Jeb.
|?K|*R@p1d*: i mean, i'm like the worst rs player ever
PsYcO aSsAsSiN
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

A blast from the past...

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2004, 08:35:42 am »

AFC:

The way the Colts are playing right now, they have the Super Bowl locked up. Peyton Manning is in a Jordanesque zone right now and is pretty much unstoppable. As for trashing on the Colts D, the only thing that gave them fits was the great Priest Holmes - the secondary played extremely well considering they had to load up on Priest and deal with PAP from Trent Green. However, New England couldn't run the ball effectively if their life depended on it, thus allowing the Colts to only rush the four down linemen and bring the linebackers and safety's back into coverage.

Colt's by 7

NFC:

Philly is lucky that the Green Bay OC is a retard. Ahman Green owned Philly's run defense, but for some reason late in the game, Green Bay decided to go to the air. Carolina however will not make the same mistake. Carolina is a run first ask questions later offense - the perfect offense to beat the Eagles. Now reading up to here, Eagles partisans are probably saying "Sin is fucking nuts, has no idea what he is talking about." But the God's honest truth is that the Eagles vaunted D has absolutely no run defense. They are thin at tackle and were dealt a major blow when Carlos Emmons went down - in fact they were so thin that they were playing a 220lb guy as a down lineman in the Packer game.

Carolina's D is also very capable as proven by them shutting down for most of the game the "Greatest Show on Turf" in a place where the Rams hadn't lost in nearly 2 seasons worth of football. The only challenge they will have is preventing McNabb from scrambling on broken plays for big yards.

In a thriller, Carolina by 3.

Rainbow 6/Rogue Spear/Ghost Recon/Raven Shield/America's Army/XBOX 360: Mighty Bruin

-retired- (MIA 6/17/02)
Hasta la vista, baby!  Embarrassed
Co-Leader, clan PsYcO.

Clan PsYcO - 11/01/00 - 02/08/02
R.I.P. Grifter
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2004, 08:50:21 am »

Sin, do you think that the Carolina defensive line can contain McNabb? Yesterday, whenever GB blitzed ( admittably, they got 6 sacks ), he'd just step up and run. When they only rushed 4, he'd step back and pass for 28 yards ( 4th and 26. . . Fuck that. )

I can't honestly say I've gotten a chance to see Carolina much this season. However, after watching that St. Louis game - they won because Martz is a dumbfuck. How the hell can you NOT give the ball to Faulk more? In the 4th quarter, when Faulk finally started getting short passes, they tied up the game. I thought St. Louis was an over rated team all season, and between Martz being a dumbass and a bit of luck against a soft team, Carolina was able to pull one out. I don't think they can do the same thing against the Eagles.

Going against the defenses of Denver and KC is much different than going against that of New England. NE is by far the best coached team in the league. Both coordinators may get head coaching jobs this off-season.

I think the Pats linebackers and defensive line can shut down James. Without James, play action will be out - a key weapon in the Indy offense.

Without a running game, the Pat's offense will struggle against a good Eagle's secondary. I consider Brady a great quarter back for close games. If it comes down to a game of who makes the mistakes, I'd take Brady over Manning in a heart beat.

Also, cold tempetatures in New England should help to slow down the Colts passing game.

I might point out that New England beat Indy earlier this season in the Dome in Indy ( 38-31, I think, with the patriot defense stopping the colts 4 times from the 1 yard line ).

I can't blame Favre for the Packer loss. He played a pretty good game, with some nice TD passes in the first qarter. It shouldn't even have had to go to overtime. The Packers had 4th and 1 on what, about the Philly 35 yard line? They decided to punt - a punt that sailed into the end zone, for a net of 15 yards. You do the smart thing and go for that, and the game's over. And then, fuck 4th and 26 conversions. Just fuck them to hell.

tasty
Special Forces
Forum Whore

we hate it when our friends become successful

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2004, 10:00:36 am »

Weather isn't enough for an inferior, boring team to defeat the red hot Colts. The Colts will win by 10. It's Peyton's time, he is gonna take it to the house.

If stephen davis plays, I give it to Carolina. The guy is a horse and the Eagles are overrated, they have an awful receiving corps and none of their RBs are anything to write home about either. If Stephen Davis doesnt play I'm not certain I can see Jake Delhomme bringing this one home on his own. I give it to the Panthers by 3.

Superbowl: are you kidding? The Colts are gonna take that motherfucker by storm,  and Peyton will be superbowl MVP.

BTW, the Packer's coach should be SHOT. His late game strategy and his goal line calls were absolute shit. The Packers could have easily rode Ahman Green straight to Houston, but nooo? Favre threw that hideous interception but I wouldn't blame the game on him.

I'll be pissed if either the Patriots or the Eagles make the Superbowl. How they got this far is still a mystery to me.

Patriots always talk of dying for their country and never of killing for their country.? -Bertrand Russell
Cutter

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2004, 06:02:48 pm »

have any of you seen any eagles games besides the playoffs? doesn't seem like it. three straight title games and two straight home-field advantages is not luck kids.

as for that 4th and 26...if you watched the whole game you would have noticed the eagles ran that same route to 4 times in the second half alone and it was open every time. when you can stop a team on the 1 yard line and they can't stop you on 4th and 26 with the season on the line....you deserve to win the game!

the eagles only weakness is the run defense, which isnt really a weakness when you take a close look at the numbers. the eagles are 7-1 when allowing a 100+ yard rusher this year. they get ran all over but still win. they still have the best seconday in the league, far better than any team in the playoffs. i shouldn't even have to mention how fuckin incredible mcnabb is, so i won't.
stephen davis was not one of those 100 yard rushers, in the game they played this year he had 65 yards i believe, and the eagles won. he probably won't play this week (pulled groin and quad).

the colts have no chance in N.E. they have absolutley no defense at all, no line, no lb's, no secondary. no chance. nuff said.

the only possible superbowl senario is Philly and N.E.
and if the pats can actually pull off winning 16 or 17 games in a row, then hell they deserve to win it all.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2004, 06:46:07 pm by Cutter » Logged

Typhy

Woot

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2004, 08:15:22 pm »

Cutter, no one gives a fuck about the "past 3 years". The Packers won the first two Super Bowls, therefor, their getting into the playoffs because the Vikings lost to Arizona on a hail marry pass had nothing to do with luck. You don't win 2 Super Bowls by luck ( sarcasm ).

The rout was open because the Green Bay secondary was playing soft, and the pass rush was too weak to put any preasure on McNabb. I might add that the Eagles got a very lucky spot on that play.

the eagles only weakness is the run defense

That's quite a weakness when you're going against Stephen Davis. Before you tell us about how good Philly is good, why don't you ready up on the Panthers? I think the game will come down to wether or not the Panther's defensive line can keep preasure on McNabb without letting him run.

I'll be pissed if either the Patriots or the Eagles make the Superbowl. How they got this far is still a mystery to me.

I think Green Bay is unquestionably a better team than the Eagles. Philly got amazingly lucky that the Packers coaching staff made shitty play calls. While I expect them to beat the Panthers, I don't doubt that they'll get their asses handed to them in the Super Bowl by either the Colts or the Pats.

How is it a mystery that a team with the best defense in the league, and a solid offense that doesn't make many mistakes, makes it this far?

The Pat's defense will hold James in check. Without James, it'll be completly up to Manning - without the option for play action. The New England secondary will force turn overs, and their offense will put up enough points to win.   [/color]

Cutter

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2004, 08:30:16 pm »

quit cryin little boy the packers lost. you obviouslly don't know shit about football.
you said the pass rush was too weak to get to mcnabb...8 sacks is not a weak pass rush. it's a qb that got pounded and overcame. and a very lucky spot can be checked by replay. LOL.

and i have read up on the panthers dumbass. and the eagles own them. last game davis got 65 yards. davis also came from the redskins, an nfc east team that the eagles play twice a year. and davis gets shut down every game. have you ever seen an nfl game? or just watch the playoffs on tv?

Typhy

Woot

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2004, 08:42:25 pm »

Right, Cutter. I only paid a total of 6,000 bucks this year to go see games ( plane tickets + game tickets + food X 3 ( 3 games ) = 6k ). For a sport I've never seen. I only played 3 years of Football ( WR and DB until I hurt myself ) for a sport I've never seen. And of course, I've only watched and listened to football sense I was 4.

If you'd read any of my fucking posts, you'd notice that I did mention the amount of sacks.

Anyway, how about some Paypal betting? You give me +8 sense you're so confident in your Eagles.

Also, if you'd pull your head out of your ass and read back, you'd see that I picked the Eagles over the Panthers.  

Cutter

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2004, 08:53:29 pm »

"The rout was open because the Green Bay secondary was playing soft, and the pass rush was too weak to put any preasure on McNabb. I might add that the Eagles got a very lucky spot on that play." LOL.

you mean your parents paid $6000. i've always said spoiling kids is the wrong thing to do. and pop warner football doesn't impress me. i also played typhy. i played LB and SS in high school. no big deal.

i'd take you up on that bet, but when your mommy notices a couple grand missing from her visa we may never see you again. and i'd hate to be the guy responsible for that. Wink

Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2004, 08:59:48 pm »

Well ladies, just a little weather update from your pal snipe up here in New England. It's going to be cold. Real cold. All week.

A big "hooah" for the patriots

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

Where is the knowledge we lost with information?

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2004, 09:04:57 pm »

I agree with Ass' view on Payton Manning. When Manning is hot he has too many options to go to. Harrison draws double coverage like it's his fucking job and receivers like Stokley(wtf sp?) take advantage of that and are left open midfield. It happened the past 2 colts games and it will happen again. Plus when they read pass Manning has his team on the field so early he has 30 seconds to audible to get the ball to James. Colts.

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
~ Einstein
the oNe
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2004, 11:54:11 pm »

Fuck you guys, Patriots all the way, they the luckiest team in NFL.  It takes luck and skill to win a game. Indy has skill, Pats have luck  Shocked
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2004, 12:25:07 am »

Tell me I'm high, I don't care, Panthers all the way.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
PsYcO aSsAsSiN
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

A blast from the past...

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2004, 12:31:22 am »

Since I know a shit load about football, you wont be able to blow me off on this.

Cutter, you lose credibility by stating incorrect facts. In fact Stephen Davis went over 100 yards against the Eagles in Week 13 and the only reason Carolina lost is due to Kasay having a bad day - 1/4 FG's and a fumble recovery by Philly deep in Carolina territory that led to a TD. This game was ultimately decided by Carolina's blunders and not Philly's offensive prowess. There is no rason to believe that these same blunders are going to happen again, thus giving Carolina the advantage. Also read my first post as to why Carolina has the advantage (read run D and injuries) Week 13, Eagles @ Carolina

As for Philly converting on 4th and 26, they got it for many reasons, all of them errors on the part of the Green Bay coaching staff and defense.

GB had sacked McNabb on 5 of the previous 8 plays by bringing pressure from the linebackers and the secondary, however on the 4th and 26, they went away from what they were doing in effectively shutting McNabb down and went to a standard pass rush, cover 2 scheme.

By going to the basic pass rush, McNabb was afforded all kinds of time in the pocket, time that he certainly would not have had if the Packers were coming for him (I have no clue what they were thinking, McNabb wasn't going to scramble for 26 yards).

On top of going to a basic pass rush, they dropped into a cover 2 scheme - a scheme that allows big plays in the middle of the field to any decent QB/receiver combination. On top of this blunder, they made others during the play too. Freddie Mitchell wasn't jammed or popped at the line, thus allowing him essentially a free ride until he got hit 28 yards later. The other major mistake was that the deep safeties were playing BEHIND the first down marker. If they were playing in front of it, they would have converged on Freddie Mitchell before he crossed, thus allowing the Packers to get the ball back due to loss of downs.

This is just analysis on that one play alone, but it shouldn't have ever gotten there if GB stayed with their workhorse, Ahman Green - the game would have been out of reach by then.

Rainbow 6/Rogue Spear/Ghost Recon/Raven Shield/America's Army/XBOX 360: Mighty Bruin

-retired- (MIA 6/17/02)
Hasta la vista, baby!  Embarrassed
Co-Leader, clan PsYcO.

Clan PsYcO - 11/01/00 - 02/08/02
R.I.P. Grifter
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads