*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 02:27:44 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Whats the worst Tom Clancy game ever?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats the worst Tom Clancy game ever?  (Read 2032 times)
KoS.Rebel
Forum Whore

+-Killers on Spree-+

« on: January 11, 2004, 09:46:02 pm »

Name the worst game that has come out of Tom Clancy. I for one vote Ghost Recon.

The extent of one's abilities is only limited by the restrictions of one's mind
Typhy
God save the Royal Whorealots

Woot

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2004, 09:49:24 pm »

:Raises hand:, here's another vote for Ghost Recon.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

Where is the knowledge we lost with information?

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2004, 09:54:27 pm »

I don't mean to jump on the RS player band wagon but I can't really judge R6 and out of RS, GhR, and RvS, I have to vote GhR as the worst.

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
~ Einstein
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2004, 09:55:31 pm »

All good in my mind. Since someone has to defend GhR I guess I'll go with it till the end.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
Cutter

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2004, 10:03:35 pm »

for comps i'd vote ghr. overall i'd have to say splinter cell.

Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn.
Toxic::Joka
Forum Whore

Now available in PC flavour.

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2004, 10:36:54 pm »

Id have to go with RS

Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2004, 12:44:51 am »

Well, on the Mac, definitely Ghost Recon. If we'd had a solid port of all of Red Storm's games, the decision might or might not be so cut-and-dried. But as things stand, Ghost Recon was easily the worst.

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2004, 02:55:54 am »

doesn't this thread toe the line of blatent flaming? i mean, there are obvious factions of ghr and rs, and both are pretty set in their ways and ideas, and this thread is just blatently rejecting one of those ideas. i dunno, its pretty far out there, it was just a thought.

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2004, 03:03:56 am »

Looks like the traditional RS/R6 guys having a GhR bashing event... Having played R6, RS, GhR, RvS and soon (hopfully) SC id say none of them suck. Each one has its good merits and bad merits. If any one were to be bad id say the Original R6 - but thats becasue i was playing RS when i first played R6 and it simply couldn't stand up to RS at all... GhR does not suck. Hell i wonder really how people can compare the games they are so different. RS and GhR are just non comparable.

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Noto
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2004, 03:43:52 am »

RS and R6 are better pieces of software, but I think Ghost Recon is a better game.  RvS kind of blows and could have been much better than it is.  I actually can't wait until GhR2 comes out.  Hopefully they have learned their lesson when porting games and will deliver a much needed strategy/team play game.

All in all, the best game, by far, is Action Quake.

Wink

.::|N| Noto
S.p.i.d.e.r.

Chasing a trail of smoke and reason.

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2004, 03:49:25 am »

As a constant player of GhR, I can easily say it is the worst so far.

Still
SAR(VoLaTile)

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2004, 04:18:05 am »

I personally only like ghr, and hate the rest  Grin

No pics in your sig pls - Your Forum moderators
|MP|Nomad
Forum Whore

Go Apple!!

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2004, 04:47:51 am »

Worst Game ever for Tom C. is hands down, Sum of All Fears for GC.

The King of Pistoleros
Saberian 3000

The victory is not to be a target, but to win

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2004, 04:48:11 am »

I would have to go with R6 being the crap, just for the fact that you couldn't lean around corners.  That always blew serious ass in my mind.   As for RS, it was a good game in it's time but being only OS9 was it's serious drawback.  and as for Ghr, well, the gameplay was more team oriented over single player standoffs like RS.  Ghr's main downfall was the many possible glitches in the end.  Rvs is great all around but has minor issues with needing serious processing speed to truly enjoy the game.  But in the end I would have to go with R6 for sure being the crap of the bunch.

:MoD:Saberian

In the end, it's about what is fair for the whoie
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2004, 04:58:29 am »

I think the worst game is GhR. Also by far the worst player of Tom Clancy games is hands down Typhy.  Roll Eyes

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
Ace
Resident Ass
God bless the freaks

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2004, 05:11:23 am »

As one of the few people here who has played significant amounts of all 4 Clancy games on the Mac, I must say that RS is by far the lamest. It was a wannabe R6 except it was slow, had shitty guns, and had shitty maps.

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
PsYcO aSsAsSiN
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

A blast from the past...

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2004, 05:24:22 am »

Sum of All Fears, hands down. All they did for this game was take the Ghost Recon interface and give it a R6/RS feel to it. Very little effort put into this game and a huge waste of money for anyone who actually bought it.

Rainbow 6/Rogue Spear/Ghost Recon/Raven Shield/America's Army/XBOX 360: Mighty Bruin

-retired- (MIA 6/17/02)
Hasta la vista, baby!  Embarrassed
Co-Leader, clan PsYcO.

Clan PsYcO - 11/01/00 - 02/08/02
R.I.P. Grifter
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2004, 05:32:42 am »

Splinter Cell. Had so much potential... but the graphics and cool tidbits thrown in just can't make a game that's that linear any fun.

Now, if we're talking R6/RS/GhR/RvS, it's GhR.

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
tasty
Special Forces
Forum Whore

we hate it when our friends become successful

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2004, 10:09:52 am »

I'm going to agree with Ace and say Rogue Spear. What a bloated piece of disappointing shit that game was. The gameplay was only a fraction of what R6's was. I think GhR is a more solid game even though I don't like it that much either.

Patriots always talk of dying for their country and never of killing for their country.? -Bertrand Russell
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2004, 12:15:10 pm »

In my opinion Rogue Spear was by far the worst part of Tom Clancy games. The only thing I really liked was the possibility of armpatches, a nice mod interface and the Black Hawk Down mod which was one of my favourites together with the modified CS Assault map and the Counterstrike2 mod(proximity mines Wink). But out of the box RS never attracted me.

Ghost Recon is and was an awesome game. Finally teamwork was really required - no more I can do it all alone. Extreme well done camouflage and well balanced weapons contrary to RS were the PDW owned all. Further the sound atmosphere in GhR is unbeaten; I love it when a M60 shoots over your head and you can almost feel the heat of the amunition. The only drawback is/was my iMac but with my new G5 I gonna play it again. There are so cool missions and mods...

Rainbow Six is still one of my gameplay favourites for the game inbetween because it is the most arcade like shooter. Extreme simple and much faster than Rogue Spear with more balanced weapons. Yep it crashes(during hosting) a lot and the graphics are outdated but R6 is still a game you can start and play for 5 mins without any start up errors and preferences crashes contrary to RS.

Just my opinion.

Bye,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads