*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 06:20:24 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Does anyone know Evil's email?
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Does anyone know Evil's email?  (Read 3595 times)
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2004, 08:26:20 pm »

That's true, however don't you think, after being a premium member and never causing any trouble before, that it was a little harsh to pull a ban on me after only one offense?  Not even a warning?

No, I don't think it's harsh.  He's very clear in that rule.

1) you see people banned for even suggesting and hinting at pirating software.  Besides Evill just having a jones about this, it makes perfect sense.  He has to keep the gaming companies happy, since he works with them to make games playable on GR.  So he has a zero tolerance for it.

This is no different than if you were nailed on a random drug test at work.  You know that they come up, you may be the best employee.  But you've seen others canned for it before, and now you just happened to smoke one up last night and are busted.  Why should you deserve an extra chance over anyone else, just because you were never caught before?

2) Being a premium member has nothing to do with it.  Paying for membership does not put you above the rules in any regards, nor should it.  

3) It's just so well known that Evill bans for this, and that Evill can see your messages.  There is no implied privacy on GR, and we've all heard (it's been posted before) that Evill checks the logs now and then.  He could just do some key word searches if he was in the mood (but I think half of GR would probably get banned if he did).  He usually has a reason to check these things (ie, someone told him to).

So, if you talk about pirating on GR, even in private, you have no excuse, suck it up because you deserved that suspension.

Anyone here that thinks that there is a game service out there that can't and doesn't look at your PM's better get a clue.  It doesn't exist.  AIM keeps logs, ICQ keeps logs, closest you are going to get is someone's KDX server.  If they don't say you have 100% privacy, you probably don't.

And I also thought we agreed to no more threads about "I'm banned, whaaa", not that this started that way, Wickedson was just asking for the e-mail, but it sure turned into it.  

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Screw the pussy isolationists and their shortsightedness - Buccaneer
Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

Respect: The most important thing you'll ever earn

« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2004, 08:32:47 pm »

Calm down children.  let's take a step back and look at the facts.
wickedson was talking about an illegal activity that evill has stated he is strongly against. he has also stated in the past that he can look in on private conversations.

you knew the risks, so i have little sympathy for your plight, first offense or no. just be glad you aren't perma'd

"Engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance."  Dr. A. R. Dykes -1976
"Sixhits"
*DAMN Supporter
Forum Whore

Monkey see, monkey do

« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2004, 11:31:35 pm »

Evill snooping in on the PMs?

Fucking Brits and their wannabe James Bonds....

(tongue firmly stuck in cheek)

"Perhaps, the most important thing to remember about that which we are faced with: Fascism, at its core, is a fraud. It promises the triumphal resurrection of the nation, and delivers only devastation. Strength without wisdom is a chimera, resolve without competence a travesty."
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2004, 11:37:38 pm »

Evill snooping in on the PMs?

Fucking Brits and their wannabe James Bonds....

(tongue firmly stuck in cheek)

I think I speak for everyone when I say, what the fuck are you talking about?

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

Where is the knowledge we lost with information?

« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2004, 11:39:02 pm »

Evill isn't British and James Bond isn't a hacker. And please god keep your fingers in "cheek"

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
~ Einstein
the oNe
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2004, 12:10:49 am »

Lock this thread please admins.
"Sixhits"
*DAMN Supporter
Forum Whore

Monkey see, monkey do

« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2004, 01:24:31 am »

Evill isn't British and James Bond isn't a hacker. And please god keep your fingers in "cheek"

He's an Ausie? I had no idea.

Fingers in cheek ... Aye? Whose cheeks?

"Perhaps, the most important thing to remember about that which we are faced with: Fascism, at its core, is a fraud. It promises the triumphal resurrection of the nation, and delivers only devastation. Strength without wisdom is a chimera, resolve without competence a travesty."
Ace
Resident Ass
God bless the freaks

« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2004, 03:49:21 am »

If you don't want Evill to see your PM's, I suggest you don't send them directly to his server. Just a thought.

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Scott_Kevill

« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2004, 03:57:24 am »

Private Messages are not logged or monitored. Anyone suggesting otherwise is just a paranoid conspiracy theorist.

Scott.

GameRanger - the multiplayer online gaming service
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2004, 04:17:51 am »

Yeah, but what if they are really out to get me?  =P

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

alaric
Forum Whore

What good is life if you don't have freedom?

« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2004, 04:40:18 am »

I don't think you have much to worry about Bucc, but your daughter might...     =D

"I would rather have incompetence and abuse of power than a group of people who want to bow down to the French and the United Nations." - BTs Ghostsniper, June 17, 2004, 01:44:16 PM
cO.Kuza

because we call blunts bleezies

« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2004, 05:00:26 am »

HAH! now you can't delete it typhy
« Last Edit: January 14, 2004, 05:01:19 am by |GM| Kuza:. » Logged

is it 2008 yet?
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2004, 07:38:08 am »

I don't think you have much to worry about Bucc, but your daughter might...     =D

I'll only have to worry about it after me, both her uncles, both her grandfathers, and one mean ass godfather are in jail.  Hopefully before that, word will spread not to go near her.

Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

Respect: The most important thing you'll ever earn

« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2004, 02:50:39 pm »

alright, this has gone a little to far
therefore...

"Engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance."  Dr. A. R. Dykes -1976
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads