*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 08:27:18 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Does anyone know Evil's email?
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Does anyone know Evil's email?  (Read 3627 times)
Noto
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2004, 08:12:38 am »

Noto, why don't you just try and start your own GameRanger client and see if Evill will give you an admin spot? It worked with Mauti.

Ya know, it might work.  Wink

Scott?? You there??  I'm developing a new GR clone, and I'm using your code.  Make me an Admin so that I'll stop!!

I can see how that might parallel what happened in your little world, but that's not quite how it went down, Typhy.  Thanks for your input though.

.::|N| Noto
onwig

geeza!

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2004, 09:26:54 am »

Noto, you can call me all the names under the sun, i have heard worse. I actually find being called a limey funny. Cheesy

Alaric, I have read more than a few of Onwig's posts, both here and on other forums.? He never brings anything new to the table, and if anything, incites flames through his misinformation and useless comments.?

Noto this is a chuffing forum, so were the other forums i posted in, are things supposed to be disscussed on here, what new things do i have to bring, some tea and biscuits?. My intention was never to start this flame. The other forums being the N network forum. my comments can be useless at times, but again this a forum where people can post their views useless or not.

z][t-Rampage

can u rap?

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2004, 01:13:45 pm »

pitty that a topic like this becomes another flamewar....

i got banned from 30 mins a few weeks ago. because i was having a private convo about....(it was private) and thats what bugs me now that i've heard more of this. i have no issues w Evill and i never have, i appreciate that gr is around and i bet that pretty much all of us do. but! when i sit in my apartment and having a private convo w a friend, wether it be ichat,irc, gr or my frickin phone - ITS PRIVATE. this is one of the things that i always loved about being online - free flow of information etc etc...but that has changed. now there are limitations. why? because we arent to support piracy?  

i dont understand why a person who is a part of creating another great element online - gameranger, would want to participate in restricting the free flow of information. in that case, private message should be called privateish message.
i really dont like the thought of being "watched" and i bet most of the community dont like it either.

on the note of piracy - i do not dl music online, but im lucky enough that i dont have to and recieve the music that i need and want for free(completely legal)
i did on the other hand look for a demo for RsV and didnt find one. then i tried to find one online because i was pretty sure that my machine was to slow for it...i did find it and did find out that my machine was to slow...crap! but if it wasnt i would have bought it when it arrived in the stores here in norway(i like to have the original) and now i'm very glad that i didnt fork out a bunch of cash for a game that i can't play. well i guess i'll have to fork out a whole lot more for a faster machine  Angry

i just think it pity that we now have another place where we are "watched"

cheers

z][t-Rampage

Live every day, as if it's your last
Mr.Mellow
Official ass-kisser
Forum Whore

m00t!

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2004, 01:50:01 pm »

Just don't have private conversations on GR.  Lips Sealed

It puts itself on ice...It puts itself on ice, or else it gets the orange juice again!

m00t, I am the Screwer of Squirming Citrus.
BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2004, 03:56:49 pm »

*GhostSniper nukes Noto for picking on Onwig*

Peace.

-GhostSniper Out.

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2004, 10:28:51 pm »

<< EcHo::Evill was disconnected (Weak impersonation: banned) >>

Shocked

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
the oNe
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2004, 11:58:28 pm »

Evill responded in a civil manner and now I'm taking my "punishment".  I thought a warning before a ban might have been more appropriate, I mean seriously, I gave the guy $50 because I supported his system...

oh well

Wick

Just because you paid $50 doesn't make you above the law  Shocked
And yes, Deano is a psyco and crazy admin
BTW...didn't we agree not to post about how we got banned on gr in the *DAMN forums some months ago?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2004, 11:59:15 pm by <o:n:e » Logged
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2004, 12:19:30 am »

Guys, since when did this thread have any value other than in the first 2 posts? Flaming such as this is unesscessary and should be stopped, please lock the thread admins.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
=wL= Femme

« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2004, 12:45:57 am »

i got banned from 30 mins a few weeks ago. because i was having a private convo about....(it was private) and thats what bugs me now that i've heard more of this. i have no issues w Evill and i never have, i appreciate that gr is around and i bet that pretty much all of us do. but! when i sit in my apartment and having a private convo w a friend, wether it be ichat,irc, gr or my frickin phone - ITS PRIVATE. this is one of the things that i always loved about being online - free flow of information etc etc...but that has changed. now there are limitations. why? because we arent to support piracy?  

i dont understand why a person who is a part of creating another great element online - gameranger, would want to participate in restricting the free flow of information. in that case, private message should be called privateish message.
i really dont like the thought of being "watched" and i bet most of the community dont like it either.

Amen to that! PUBLIC chat is moderated, PRIVATE chat should be just that, private, otherwise, it IS an invasion of privacy. I guess he just makes up is own rules on the fly...and to hell with worldwide standards and policies. This makes a second example of a lack of ethics on the part of GR, NF being the first.

But, this is about all I dare to say, as my previous comments "here" about the NF debacle got me punished in some way I never quite figured out, and was certainly not notified of...my ability to host on GR was limited to one other player joining, and I could not join any other games.  This would also explain why you saw no action from =wL= last season.  Lips Sealed

Go .::|N| Noto  Grin

Men have a much better time of it than women: for one thing they marry later; for another thing they die earlier.
 - H.L. Mencken
Cappy
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2004, 01:37:27 am »

Scott,

You're the only game in town....for now. This is gonna' come back to bite you in the proverbial ass. Your Orwellian tactics have gone TOO far this time. You've already been reported to Australia's version of the BBB....and you will lose the case.

Monitoring supposedly "private" chats....well, what can I say? You're now the thought police?  Is that pretty much what this amounts to?  Why isn't Scott Kevill accountable to explain himself to the community at-large, instead of picking on individual users, giving a lack of credible data as explanation for his actions?  Why?  Because it's YOUR service, Scott?  That gives you and your Waffen troops the right to get down and nasty in a manner which would please the Stazi...or William Gates?  I have yet to see Scott Kevill give a good, well-thought-out explanation for many of his recent actions, at least in a fairly public forum.  Instead of offering incentives, you punish your users.  I don't know about Perth, but where I'm from, what you've done would be illegal.  And regardless of the legality, your actions of late have not endeared you to the Mac gaming community.  Far from it.  After events of late, and seeing your reactions to them, my hopes for the Mac gaming future now include a major competitor, especially now that we've seen your true colors rise to the surface.

Until then: Sorry,  I'll wait for something better, or simply use my PC to play. You, and your cronies/partners have an utterly wrong approach to the entire situation.
Blitz

Pride and dignity mean nothing on the battlefield!

« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2004, 02:35:45 am »

I don't think many people remember this situation that happened to me, X1|GOD, RnT - Godfather, and the stupid admins Tuesday night of the 6th.  The admins gave out this "cool vote kick thing" to all premium users, every user can vote. What is really said is when I made a valid point of how GameRanger is turning into the book 1984, I was kicked off GameRanger. I logged back in and started asking questions why was it stupid. Well, fasSst comes in and says something on the lines of "Isn't there suppose to be freedom of speech?" An admin booted him and said, "There is no freedom of speech on GR."  Well, GOD and I got pissed. We started giving shit to the admin, and we both got muted.  After the mute was over, I started to ask questions like, "Why isn't GameRanger supporting the International Freedom Laws?" (Yes, they do exist, and I believe Austrailia, a common wealth country, agreed to this).  So there for GameRanger was in violation.  Back to my situation, I got on my bro's account (back from college) and I changed his name to a name that is similar to mine, but different, and I start to argue with Deano, and Baron Samedi (I think he is an admin) about this.  Mind you X1|Blufire was "/votekicked" a couple times, and was banned for 30 min "for fun."  I was pissed, so I told in plain writing to the B&G that I was going to take over The Construct, since most admin hang out there.  I finally did, onwig and Harvey can say I did. I even have 98 pictures of the admin abusing their power against me, and X1|GOD... Kinda smart thinkin huh?  I just wish the admin act like admin, and be mature about everything. Yes users can have that immature moment, yes they can say things that can get them "banned." I like how Noto disected the TOS and is pretty much showing Evill he needs a little bit more english classes to take.  As of right now, I say to everyone, to protest the use of Admin Abusing their power, no one long onto GR but AIM, and I will start a chat for all, I will have it up on my forums which will be dedicated to the downfall of this GR empire. I will only give out links to the X1| so if you want to be apart of it, message us over AIM, and hell over GR.  Until the admin grow some balls to have an actual debate, I am X1|Blitz reporting... Good DAY!

I WILL EAT YOUR SOUL!!!!! RRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2004, 03:12:15 am »

Guys, since when did this thread have any value other than in the first 2 posts? Flaming such as this is unesscessary and should be stopped, please lock the thread admins.

I second the motion.

No, I'm not trying to be an admin ass kisser by saying that Evill's right in banning everyone at will. But I have said it before and I'll say it again. Evill pays for the server bandwith, which is not cheap. Evill built GameRanger from scratch. Evill publicized his program. Evill improved his program over time. Evill released a premium service to try to make some money. Evill implemented administrators to watch over things while he wasn't online. And yes, Evill gave those admins the ability to kick people off of EVILL'S PROGRAM AND SERVER.

It's his. Everything about it is his. He made it. He can do with it what he pleases.

Lock the thread. It's gone as far as it needs to.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2004, 03:14:23 am by Agent SNiPE » Logged

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
Blitz

Pride and dignity mean nothing on the battlefield!

« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2004, 07:27:10 am »

So that is where most of the money people are spending on GameRanger is going. To his admin!  Or to buy a new car, hmmm lets see here, what else... Oh yes... PROSTITUTES! Dude, there could be a million reasons what he is using the money with there is about 60k premium users with 50 bucks a year. 60000 x 50 = 3000000 bucks. Now mind you, that is plenty to cover bandwidth, server and any other shit he spends it on GR by about 2 fold, maybe 3 fold if he balances it right.  Now, he could get more publicity if he merged with a company that supports him, and will help pay for the cost. As of right now, there a rumor that a dot-com company is merging with GameRanger, and a lot of premium features are going back to non-premium.  Since he has "hired" admin to do his dirty work, maybe if he updated the TOS he would not have this shit going around. I agree with what everyone is saying, but right now his admins are the problem, not him.  Hell, if i could afford it, I would buy premium. I can't do to I have to buy a new computer for college, I have to pay for my summer vacations, and fucking pay for some of my trip to Germany this spring break. Oh yeah, did I mention college?  If Evill kept it simple, and asked for donations, he would do much better without having to hassle people for money.

X1|Blitz Cool

I WILL EAT YOUR SOUL!!!!! RRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!
Blufire

teabag or bust

« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2004, 07:34:38 am »

hahahaha... give me a break, this is GameRanger, not the UN. There is no freedom of speech. Evill owns everything on GR including your chats, it says so plainly in the agreement. If you don't like it, there's a simple solution -- take it to AIM. "Private" my ass. Don't even bother to whine about that, people.

BTW, none of his admins are paid, thats rediculous. First of all, there aren't 60k premium users. Second of all, my best guess is that he's using the money to -- gasp -- pay SERVER BILLS and, well, uh, food.

Heh, the /votekick thing... that was entirely a joke, I took no offense to that.

Saberian 3000

The victory is not to be a target, but to win

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2004, 11:48:16 am »

Wow, I am seriously late on this cause I havent been able to check online till I get back sfrom work, but to reply to Acri's statement about being courteous to Evill.  I had the same thing happen to me that you had with Evill and the ban and he unbanned me quite quick cause it was a mistake.  But if you wanted to talk to him about any other matter he just blows ya off.  the situatiuon you had just said was basically the same scenario I had earlier when he replied immediately cause it dealt with an issue about GR and maybe an accidental boot by the game. No offense but if you were to reply about anything else to Evill about GR I'll bet he would basically stick his ass in ure face and fart before he actually replies to an email having to do with any other issues.  Not only have I had issues with that but almost everyone else I know that has ever tried to talk to him about any other scenario has been dealt the same stank ass.  So in that sense I dont think that you are special cause he replied to you on that sitation cause when it comes to boots he always seems to be on top of those.  I am sure others can vouch on here for my issue with Scott and dealing with any other thing besides certain accidental boots from GR.

:MoD:Saberian

In the end, it's about what is fair for the whoie
cO.Vickedson

« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2004, 05:03:47 pm »

Evill responded in a civil manner and now I'm taking my "punishment".  I thought a warning before a ban might have been more appropriate, I mean seriously, I gave the guy $50 because I supported his system...

oh well

Wick

Just because you paid $50 doesn't make you above the law  Shocked
And yes, Deano is a psyco and crazy admin
BTW...didn't we agree not to post about how we got banned on gr in the *DAMN forums some months ago?

Banned= Impersonation

"...........dodge this......|wham|!?"
MainMaN

moo

« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2004, 05:09:26 pm »

His System.
His Rules.

you have a choice to use it, untill another better software company creats one (hopefully apple), were stuck with it. Use AIM for ur private convo's i hear they dont invade your privacy like GR does.

Not an iron in the flame, Faith is just a flicker, But it's burning just the same. - Paul Alan

SparK - Forums :: http://sparkforum.cjb.net :: Raven Shield Modding Source
=wL= Femme

« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2004, 05:50:14 pm »

I second the motion. [...snipped]

It's his. Everything about it is his. He made it. He can do with it what he pleases.

Lock the thread. It's gone as far as it needs to.

Please, "don't" lock the thread. It's quite obvious that there are some widespread grievances by the gaming community at large. If he won't listen to them, this is about the only place they can be aired and "maybe" make a difference.

I know that the BL supports GR, and probably vice-versa. It's the only gaming service in town. But BL members (players) are being messed with and if they can't say so here, what good is the forum? Exactly where else do you expect us to take our problems? To an email address that is never answered?

Men have a much better time of it than women: for one thing they marry later; for another thing they die earlier.
 - H.L. Mencken
BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2004, 05:57:53 pm »

Guys, I wouldn't care if Scott became a MILLIONAIRE off of us.....It's Called CAPITALISM and it is a GOOD THING.

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
cO.Vickedson

« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2004, 06:40:15 pm »

His System.
His Rules.

you have a choice to use it, untill another better software company creats one (hopefully apple), were stuck with it. Use AIM for ur private convo's i hear they dont invade your privacy like GR does.

That's true, however don't you think, after being a premium member and never causing any trouble before, that it was a little harsh to pull a ban on me after only one offense?  Not even a warning?

I support this guy($) and what he does but there is also the "code of capitalism" where you must hold your customer in the highest regard.  I know it's a gaming service on the internet but all you guys claiming Evil CAN do this and CAN do that....I mean comon, when you accept money from someone you are in debt to them to provide your service.  I broke a rule and it's over.  But the way it went down seemed a little sketchy, especially after I've seen what some other people pull on that system and nothing happens.

A warning would have been nice, but it's over......we can move on.

"...........dodge this......|wham|!?"
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads