*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 10:15:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Poll
Question: Which of the "BIG THREE" Makes the Best Autos?
General Motors (Opel, Pontiac, Buick, GMC, Chevy, Cadillac, etc) - 4 (19%)
Chrysler (Dodge, Jeep, etc.) - 6 (28.6%)
Ford (Lincoln, Land Rover, Aston Martin, Jaguar, Volvo, etc.) - 11 (52.4%)
Total Voters: 20

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Which of the "Big Three" Makes the Best Autos?  (Read 2150 times)
BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« on: December 29, 2003, 06:02:50 am »

Well, seems I havn't made a controversial thread in over a week, so here it is.....

(oh, and I have sold new vehicles from all three manufacturers.....currently selling Ford)

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

i heart ghostsniper's austrian wife

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2003, 06:30:21 am »

Of the three i'd say Chrysler because i like their designs better. I'm sure bucc will crucify me for not saying ford. I don't follow cars, but most of the most progressive designs i've seen recently are from the Chrysler camp. Anyhow i'm currently looking at buying a beemer.

No sig pics please! - Mauti
Next time you get a ban, Jeb.
|?K|*R@p1d*: i mean, i'm like the worst rs player ever
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2003, 06:37:13 am »

I'm afraid I'm going to have to abstain from this poll, because to put it nicely, they all blow nuts... ok... MAYBE Ford is ok. But that's a maybe.

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
"Sixhits"
*DAMN Supporter
Forum Whore

Monkey see, monkey do

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2003, 08:26:02 am »

Sadly, picking which of the big three makes the best autos is much like picking which meat - pork, chicken, or beef - I like better, rotten.

"American" car companies, I'm saying, make rotten cars.

How can you pick which piece of crap you like better?

Now, as for trucks.....

Further, can you truly call Chrysler American these days? Germans own them.

As for Ford, Ford built trucks for the Nazis in WWII. Ford himself was a proud anti-semit and fascist. Ford's not truly American, either.

GM's American alright. And they suck the most. Fuckers. Oh, they also sold engines and part to Hitler during WWII before the US jumped in. They're Nazi lovers too. I guess their more capitalist than true blue.

I'd rather just give my money to a company that, at least, acknowledges the fact they used jews for slaves. Or to companies that built the bombers that bombed Pearl. But then I like honesty over faux patriotism.

Hell, Honda and Toyoya make there cars in the US these days ...

"Perhaps, the most important thing to remember about that which we are faced with: Fascism, at its core, is a fraud. It promises the triumphal resurrection of the nation, and delivers only devastation. Strength without wisdom is a chimera, resolve without competence a travesty."
Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

i heart ghostsniper's austrian wife

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2003, 11:32:17 am »

yeah sixhits,
Your argument is moot, the Volkswagen Bug was designed by hitler to be an economical car for the people, BMW built airplanes for the Luftwaffe during the wars. Not to mention all the airplanes made by Mitsubishi for the japanese during the war. Besides Everyone knows Ford was an anti-Semitic idiot towards the end of his life.

Like i said in my previous post, i'm going to buy a beemer. And BMW built engines for airplanes that dropped booms on my ancestors in england and they also helped contribute towards the holocaust.

An automakers past has nothing to do with which of 3 american car companies is the best.

No sig pics please! - Mauti
Next time you get a ban, Jeb.
|?K|*R@p1d*: i mean, i'm like the worst rs player ever
kami
God bless the freaks

You're not a man without *NADS.

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2003, 01:30:31 pm »

American cars = bad quality. But why turn this into an argument over who has the cleanest record, it's about what they stand for now, not what they did 60 years ago.

*NADS toilet cleaner goldylocks

'There is nothing divine about morality, it is a purely human affair.' - Albert Einstein
'With soap, baptism is a good thing.' - Robert G. Ingersoll
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2003, 06:13:19 pm »

You want a solid car? Get a Toyota or a BMW. Bottom line.

Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
tasty
Special Forces
Forum Whore

we hate it when our friends become successful

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2003, 08:20:04 pm »

You forgot to mention some other key Chrysler brands, like oh, I don't know? MERCEDES maybe? I pick Chrysler for the Benz label alone. Neither my parents nor I have ever owned an American car so I can't say for certain, but in terms of aesthetics I'd pick Chrysler. I'd also pick Chrysler because they don't make any ridiculously big gas guzzlers like Ford and GM do.

Patriots always talk of dying for their country and never of killing for their country.? -Bertrand Russell
Cutter

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2003, 08:53:26 pm »

sure they do tasty, ever heard of the durango. how bout the viper? they suck it up like it was 1969. they do get points for making the jeep though.

Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn.
bronto
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2003, 08:59:44 pm »

Ford Mustang 5.0
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2003, 10:40:18 pm »

Wow, can't believe nobody has voted for General Motors yet....they are the world's largest auto maker.  They include Pontiac, Buick, GMC, Chevy, Cadillac, Oldsmobile, Saturn, Opel, Hummer, and Saab.

Also, Ford is Lincoln, Mercury, Volvo, Mazda, Jaguar, Aston Martin, and Land Rover.

And yes, Chrysler (now Daimler-Chrysler) includes Mercedes-Benz, Maybach, Dodge, Jeep, C Smart, Setra, Freigtliner Trucks, Western Star Trucks, and Sterling Trucks.

I have indeed sold the following new vehicle lines: Pontiac, Buick, GMC, Chevy, Cadillac, Olds, Chrylser, Plymouth, Dodge, Jeep, Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, and Daewoo.  I have also owned one or more of most of those makes, as well as Mazda, Volvo, Mercedes, BMW, Mitsubishi, Acura, and Porsche.  And I have sold at least one vehicle from nearly every make out there (including one Ferrari).

The best built vehicles in the world are Ford Trucks (Ford cars just plain suck, no doubt about it), Mercedes, Porsche, and Hummer (drove those in the Army).  This is from a look at reliability that I have personally seen and can vouche for.  As for the guy who said Toyota and BMW are the best, I would say stick with Toyota cause you'll be sadly awakened when you have to take that Beamer into the shop once a week....and when you find out nobody wants to give you anything for one on trade-in.

Ah, now you guys will just love my next poll......"Who makes the best airplanes?" Smiley

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2003, 11:57:32 pm »

Ah, now you guys will just love my next poll......"Who makes the best airplanes?" Smiley

The U.S. Army.

BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2003, 12:02:23 am »

The U.S. Army.

Hmmm....you say the Army, which doesn't really fly (or build) too many airplanes, and then you show a picture of an airplane that only the U.S. Navy and Iran flies (the F-14 Tomcat).  Although I do admit that the F-14 is one of my all-time favorites, Grumman made it, not the U.S. Navy.

Ah, but this is all just a bit off-topic....so I will hurry over and start that airplane poll now.....

c| Spetsnaz.
*DAMN Supporter

American Anarchist.

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2003, 12:51:23 am »

With regards to this poll, I've owned a 1992 VW Jetta (clipped telephone poll) a 1998(pre-MOPAR nazification) Dodge Dakota 5.9L R/T Flame Red RC (was my baby till I wrapped it around a guard rail) and my current vehicle a 1987 Ford EXP. I would say the least problematic was the VW, the most kick ass the MOPAR and the most reliable the Ford (even though its the biggest piece of shit in existence, it has never failed to fire up since 1987). Ill always be a fan of MOPAR muscle cars though.

"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
 ~Voltaire

"Politics is the womb in which war develops."
~Carl P. G. von Clausewitz
"Sixhits"
*DAMN Supporter
Forum Whore

Monkey see, monkey do

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2003, 03:43:31 am »

Jeb, usually I'd agree with you, but the thing is, the point I was making was that, while the Germans and Japanese did terrible things, at least they've acknowledged it - even if it was because we put GIs and tanks and bombs into their evil little countries. The "American" companies, now they hide behind the fact we won the war, when really they were pulling for the other side the whole time. For me, tratiors are worse than the enemy.

Anyway, it gets even more confusing when you remember that a lot of these car companies, American and foreign, all own parts of each other. They may not have majority ownership like Ford has over Jag, but basically, the financial ties between these companies make then so intergrated that the concept of American or foreign really gets lost.

"Perhaps, the most important thing to remember about that which we are faced with: Fascism, at its core, is a fraud. It promises the triumphal resurrection of the nation, and delivers only devastation. Strength without wisdom is a chimera, resolve without competence a travesty."
tasty
Special Forces
Forum Whore

we hate it when our friends become successful

« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2003, 08:53:10 am »

Yeah cutter, those do suck down gas unnecessarily, but when I was thinking of big dumb cars I was thinking of even bigger ones, Hummer, Navigator, Escalade, Excursion, Expedition, Suburban, etc.

Patriots always talk of dying for their country and never of killing for their country.? -Bertrand Russell
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2003, 11:34:48 am »

General motors?? People are voting for General motors? Hang on here they don't make cars... General motors just OWN companies that make cars... you can't lump them all together... A ford car (i belive) tends to be junk on wheels (normally 4 if your lucky Wink ) but say the Aston martin and the jaguar are the opposite.

Unfortunatly all the great british car builders have been bought by American based compaines... yes Ford im talking to you.

Aston Martins are stunning cars. What about Rolls Royce? We are we not mentioning some of the best cars made? What about Jaguars or Bentlys?

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2003, 07:01:17 pm »

As for Ford, Ford built trucks for the Nazis in WWII. Ford himself was a proud anti-semit and fascist. Ford's not truly American, either.

1) How is Ford not truly American?

2) Ford built the biggest plant at the time (Willow Run) and taught the aircraft industry how to build planes fast for WW2.  He was as behind the USA efforts in WW2 as anyone you schlep.

3) Pre WW2, everyone sold to the Nazi's, because nobody really knew how bad they were.  Remember when we first found out about concentration camps at all?

You really need to hop off the propoganda train and look at some facts too.

Ok, back on topic.

Chrysler by far does the best sheetmetal work today (and I'm talking about the guys up in Auburn Hills that turned out the PT Cruiser, Panther, Viper, etc, not the Mercedies).  They have the most imagination and best style group willing to take risks to make cars not all look alike.

Ford makes the best trucks hands down.  Anyone that's driven a superduty with a powerstroke deisel knows what I'm talking about.  Damn things can pull a house, without a trailer =D.

GM just copies what the others have success with.  They very much react to the market.  Saturn was a brief exception that has now fallen inline with the rest of GM.

Most of what comes out of Japan has strong US design influences (look at Nissan's SUV's and tell me where they were designed if you dare).  Mazda, the best of Nippon, is Ford anyway.  I like that Honda is leading the pack in the hybrid cars, but even they are going too slow.

BTW BFG, the quality of a Jag was in the toilet before Ford bought them (let's talk about electrical problems and engines), after Ford brought in their quality engineers, Jag started winning the JD Powers awards for quality.  LandRovers and Jags, being some of the best cars in the world, are Fords and are mentioned BFG =D.  And Ford doesn't leave them alone.  I worked on Jag projects while I was at Ford (flew over to the UK a few times for that too).  I almost brought back a Ford Mavrick SUV back with me that I drove over there.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Screw the pussy isolationists and their shortsightedness - Buccaneer
|MP|Nomad
Forum Whore

Go Apple!!

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2003, 08:01:46 pm »

Personally all 3 sucks anyway.  But if I had to pick, I would say GM, mainly b/c I have driven GM cars and experienced far less problems than with Ford or Chrylser.

Incase you don't know FORD stands for: Found On Road Dead and Fix Or Repair Daily enough said.

Chrysler is just plain cheap body and engines (some cars), most especially the Jeeps (cherokee), omg they really stink.

The King of Pistoleros
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2004, 02:37:19 am »

Personally all 3 sucks anyway.  But if I had to pick, I would say GM, mainly b/c I have driven GM cars and experienced far less problems than with Ford or Chrylser.

Incase you don't know FORD stands for: Found On Road Dead and Fix Or Repair Daily enough said.

Chrysler is just plain cheap body and engines (some cars), most especially the Jeeps (cherokee), omg they really stink.

Ummmm, actually, FORD stands for FIRST ON RACE DAY.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads