*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 12:22:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Something to think about
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Something to think about  (Read 1000 times)
KoS.Rebel
Forum Whore

+-Killers on Spree-+

« on: December 24, 2003, 07:59:20 pm »

First off i hope this doesnt get removed but here goes nothing.

The post about GR rumors was obvisouly removed, but i still have something to say about it. Us non premium users feel degraded that we keep losing privilages, but to those with premium allready it doesnt matter and they side with Evill completely. Now lemme ask you something, lets say Evill announces that all non premium users will be limited to games and the Main Lobby only. This would scare us all into buying premium. Now whats to stop Evill from doing this and then getting a BOAT LOAD of money from everyone rushing to buy GR premium, and then he ends Gameranger permenantly? Imean no more GR. He has just gained 50 dollars from about 500 people. Thats 25 grand ladies and gents. The man could make us pay, and then scam us. Does anyone else not see this coming? We dont know him, no one does. Whats to stop it from happening? I think this whole thing comin up is a scam and there is nothing any of us can do about it. We dont know his name, for all we know his name could not be Scott Kevill, we dont know where he lives, we dont know WHO he is. All we know is his name is Evill. Its a scary world and im, not about to trust this guy. He has provided a great service to the mac community for the past few years but whats to stop a possible scam? I dunno what yall think but this is my view. I know he needs money, and i know GR rules, but im just laying out the truth. I hope that my point gets made to those who read this before it is removed because no one likes a guy who sees through a scam. Oh well.

The extent of one's abilities is only limited by the restrictions of one's mind
Civrock
*DAMN Supporter ][ *DAMN Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2003, 08:28:33 pm »

omg omg! santa stole my cookies! Shocked Angry

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2003, 08:37:09 pm »

lol rebs, I highly doubt that would happen, if so he would have a giant lawsuit up his ass, which i guarantee he wouldn't want.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
Toxic::Joka
Forum Whore

Now available in PC flavour.

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2003, 10:30:15 pm »

lol, yea your right! we could never track down the owner of Gameranger technologies? registred company, ok sry - couldnt resist it  Grin

Those who don't get premium and defend it with "im only here for the games", don't really need all the extra stuff as clan chat room, voice apps and such - If they truly only are on GR for the games. Obviously if they want to socialize in B&G, spend more time on GR than just the games.

Maybe he has earned more than the server cost, maybe he hasent - But you gotta admit Gameranger is a awesome invention. I think he deserves to drive a mercedes, Ohwait 25k dosent get you a mercedes...Pay pay pay!!!

|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2003, 11:03:49 pm »

Why in the hell would you think it's a scam since he's been letting us leech it for years now?

Think about it.

And even if he did, it's not like I haven't gotten $50 worth of use out of GR for the past 18 months.  

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Screw the pussy isolationists and their shortsightedness - Buccaneer
Mr.Mellow
Official ass-kisser
Forum Whore

m00t!

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2003, 01:41:44 am »

He's also stated a few times that he'd reimburse new premium users if he shutdown GR. Wouldn't worry about it too much.

It puts itself on ice...It puts itself on ice, or else it gets the orange juice again!

m00t, I am the Screwer of Squirming Citrus.
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2003, 01:50:05 am »

I see it as a good idea to start taking away non-premium features slowly while adding premium features slowly. If GR started as a pay-only service, would you be bitching about it now? I don't think so.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
Typhy
God save the Royal Whorealots

Woot

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2003, 02:49:16 am »

Scott Kevill's future, wether in GameRanger or not, is in the software deveolpment industry. Don't you think that he'd want to protect his reputation?  

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
Mr. Paper

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2003, 05:39:02 am »

He's also stated a few times that he'd reimburse new premium users if he shutdown GR. Wouldn't worry about it too much.

I also heard that, and Buc is right about how he has already supplied us with gameranger for so many years already.
Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

i heart ghostsniper's austrian wife

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2003, 06:32:16 am »

i just got an email from scott@gameranger.com that talked about how i inherited 3million dollars from an african prince.
Perhaps this humble noob speaks the truth (rebel).

No sig pics please! - Mauti
Next time you get a ban, Jeb.
|?K|*R@p1d*: i mean, i'm like the worst rs player ever
kos.viper
Forum Whore

« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2003, 06:56:58 am »

I'd think more people would be buying premium if it was say $30 or $40 instead of $50 a year.  And before someone attacks me with the bullshit of how $50 is not a lot of money for a year, stop to think about the average age of the GR user.

kos.viper
Xbox LIVE Gamertag: Brain 7
The box said "requires Windows 98 or better"... so I bought a Mac.
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2003, 07:19:36 am »

We dont know his name, for all we know his name could not be Scott Kevill, we dont know where he lives, we dont know WHO he is.

Well, unless he went to Macworld NY 2002 after having learned a fake Australian accent, then lied about his name for his MWNY nametag, and then got plastic surgery to make him look like the guy on PlanetGameRanger, I would have to say that he is who he says he is.

Shoulda asked for his autograph.  Wink

Anyway don't worry reb, the chances of any of that happening are quite slim, IMHO. Sure, let him improve premium as much as he wants, and turn non-premium to crap. It's his business. But if he turns non-premium to crap, then less people will use gameranger. If less people use gameranger, advertisers won't support him, and game developers will not see a need to have GameRanger implemented into the multiplayer functions. It's all a big vicious cycle.

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
kami
God bless the freaks

You're not a man without *NADS.

« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2003, 01:01:48 pm »

Haha Jeb, you have to post that mail on here, I love those things.

*NADS toilet cleaner goldylocks

'There is nothing divine about morality, it is a purely human affair.' - Albert Einstein
'With soap, baptism is a good thing.' - Robert G. Ingersoll
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2003, 03:49:46 am »

vipers got a point. i just turned 18, and my parents dont pay for much(i pay for my cell phone service, games, clothes) and fifty bucks isnt something to throw away lightly. but then again it is an amazing service that scott has slaved over. its more like a luxery, if i have some extra cash, ill buy it.

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads