*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 12:26:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  RvS Reviews
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: RvS Reviews  (Read 4110 times)
smoke.aHa!

I'ma take your llama!

« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2003, 01:29:32 am »

IF i ran my 667 powerbook g4 with 512mb who knows what video card at lowest settings in rvs , think it will be good enough?

BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #41 on: December 26, 2003, 01:47:04 am »

Don't know if it's my card (9600) or my G5 that's causing it, but there are some really weird graphics problems including bad lighting errors, and even more anoying texture problems. I hope there's a patch soon. But besides the graphics problems good game.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #42 on: December 26, 2003, 03:44:44 am »

very interesting game. things that i can think of, just in general. first of all, it seems a lot more relalistic. i like the flashbangs, and the ability to carry more than four things. the leaning is a lot more relalistic, and i like how you loose all hearing when dead, which makes sense
seems laggy when played online, but i think that also may be me playing it without a mouse extension. really, whoever decided to put the usb plugs on the left is a dipshit. i need to buy a usb extension cord now. meh, we will see

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #43 on: December 26, 2003, 08:00:25 am »

Armpatch Creation 101: The format of armpatches is Targa. Raven Shield expects them to be 64x64 pixels in size, 72x72 dpi in resolution, and millions of colors. Download GraphicConverter from VersionTracker.com. Create your armpatch using GC or PS or whatever your graphics tool of choice is. If you're creating it with an app other than GraphicConverter, save it in TIFF or another lossless format. Open it in GC, resize it (if necessary) to 64x64 pixels in size and 72x72 dpi in resolution. Then save it as an uncompressed Targa (.tga) file, making sure that the "Save without a resource fork" option is checked (I actually don't know whether that's required, but it seems safer and it works fine). Bam, armpatch.

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
"Sixhits"
*DAMN Supporter
Forum Whore

Monkey see, monkey do

« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2003, 03:46:51 am »

Anyone run RvS on a machine with these specs, or similar?

Dual 800 G4, 1.25 gigs o RAM, GeForce 4, 80 gig, Apple 17" ... not much else to tell. This is a pre-silver G4.

I can run GhR well.

I am hesitant to grab RvS since I've only heard extreme opinions - eitehr wonderful or crap. Most of the reviews hinge on the performance of the game, so I want to see if anyone else has a similar setup and has played RvS.

thoughts?

"Perhaps, the most important thing to remember about that which we are faced with: Fascism, at its core, is a fraud. It promises the triumphal resurrection of the nation, and delivers only devastation. Strength without wisdom is a chimera, resolve without competence a travesty."
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2003, 04:47:43 am »

While my machine isn't similar to that, I know that Bucc has a Dual 867 G4, 1.5GB RAM, 32MB NVIDIA, and he's getting great framerates.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
Cobra

Slap ma fro!

« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2003, 07:14:56 am »

Mmk, I'd like to run Raven Shield in 16-bit color since my CPU is quite slow, but for some reason there doesn't seem to be an option for it...?!  That's strange.  Must I alter some .ini file to run in 16-bit color mode?  Or am I missing something obvious, here?

Thanks in advance  Smiley

If you don't like the way I drive, get off the damn sidewalk!
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2003, 06:16:09 pm »

I got RvS yesterday and played it for several hours.  I am sad to say I was not impressed.  Maybe my expectations were a little too high, but I think I like AA better.....seems more realistic to me.

By the way, I was playing it on a Power Mac G5, 1.8GHz Single Processor, 2.5GB RAM, ATI Radeon 9600 Pro Video Card with 64MB DDR RAM.

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2003, 06:21:29 pm »

ghost, we all know that you have a g5, and that you could run just about anything.
i've sort of given up on rvs. its kind of sad what a new comp will do to you. rvs is too laggy for me to play(on average like 15-20 fps, and at worst like 4-5 fps) and ghr is not my thing, and i cant play rs. so all thats left is HALO. which really is pretty sweet, and runs better than rvs

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
0 Kilz:M:

Sancho!

« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2003, 11:07:11 pm »

Hahahaha, you guys are nuts..RvS is sweeter than a southern virgin. Maybe it's cuz you don't give it a chance and get pwned that it sucks Grin
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #50 on: December 31, 2003, 12:24:50 am »

is it a prequisite to AK membership that everything you say has to involve talking shit?

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #51 on: December 31, 2003, 12:32:13 am »

Spike, saying that Halo runs better than RvS is setting off all kinds of BS alarms in my head. Did you try fiddling with RvS's settings, or did you just run everything at high, or what?

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #52 on: December 31, 2003, 12:43:46 am »

is it a prequisite to AK membership that everything you say has to involve talking shit?

Yes.

Kilzo, wether you like RvS or not is a matter of opinion. What do you like? I enjoy RvS, it's not a great game, but it can be a lot of fun if people don't camp. If I got shitty framerates, I'd probably hate it. It depends on what you like. Counter Strike is the most played game in the world. That shows that even shitty games can be popular.

Loth, I don't think that Halo running better than RvS is far-fetched at all. If I run RvS at all low settings, and Halo at all low settings, Halo gets better framerates; RvS just does better on higher settings compared to Halo. ( I dunno, rereading that, it makes very little sense, but I'm tired so I'll leave it ).

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #53 on: December 31, 2003, 02:47:01 am »

Well, both of the games are completely dumbed down. Also, I'm usually playing RvS online, opposed to more single player action with HALO, and I'm sure that makes a difference. I dunno, maybe its that I just like HALO better, more interesting story line, you get to ride in cool tanks and fly. Also, RvS is so dark. RS was always light, I guess it's just a subconcious thing.

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads