*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 10:43:06 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Allowing PC players in AA ladder. Mauti plz read.  (Read 2005 times)
KoS Ultimo
Forum Whore

« on: December 14, 2003, 06:06:41 pm »

Due to everyone's dislike about me competiting in AA ladder matches w/ a2, I am writing this. Hopefully you'll all have a better understanding of what I'm all about after your reading this.

Everyone act's like I am some evil player from the pc world that is here to dominate the ladder because of my hacks and awesome fps.... get a grip I mean comon.

For anyone who doesn't know me! here is my past.

- I served on Gameranger for about 3 years. I first got an imac snow, 500 mhz in early 2000. I didn't have an internet connection yet, so I played Rainbob Six Eagle Watch single player daily. Then my dad finally bought a cable, I was one of the first in the gameranger to have a cable. So I started playing RB6 online with the greats who have been there forever and everyone called me a noob. Ace & SEALs, John & SiX.... I was nothing to them.

Then my dad bought a G4 450 mhz dual processor, with 256 RAM and a 16 MB Rage card. It was one of the best computers on gameranger and I bought rogue spear the first week it came out. I started my own clan with this guy Geek USA in 2001 KoS, which many of you still know, or have heard stories about. I recruited peole for my clan that have never been in a clan before, but had huge potential (tech n9ne and ejo were never in clan's before they were in kos) I recruited all out of player's potential, not their social status on gameranger. We quickly became a dominant clan and I was online usually around 5-6 hours a day (mostly through the night and early morning)

I then asked Mauti to become a *DAMN Battle League mod. He accepted, and along with CIA Romulus, PsYcO Assassin and myself, we were 3 moderators for a whole community. Sin and myself then found romulus of cheating and we were able to kick him out as a BL mod. This made us work a whole battle league by ourselves. We didn't need 13 moderators because no matter what clans it concerned, we were both completley fair and the only person that ever argued against us was rapid... (go figure)

At one time, I was the most anti-pc person ever. I loved my mac.... why wouldn't I. Then my dad lost his job.... I couldn't upgrade anymore off of his money. I kept getting left in the dust. Although I did minor upgrades like adding memory and a GeForce 2MX and was considered by many as "the best rogue spear player" the game started getting old. Beating the same poele and hearing rapid bitch over and over was just getting repetitive.

Then GhR came out. My tactic in Rogue Spear was to counter the other person's tactics before they even set up their tactics. So I was a hardcore rusher. With my fast cable connection, I was dominent. But with a old G4 and GhR, my fps wouldn't suport that type of rushing. I slowly but surely started fading away into the retired player catagory. Until my summer year of 2003 came and I worked 80 hours I week. I didn't go on my computer for gaming at all. I pretty much dissapered. I was able to make about 5,000 this summer.

I went to weigh my options. Would I buy a mac and be limited by their games or would I save money and be open to any games i wanted. It was a clear choice to me, not because I am not a true apple user, but because I am a gamer as well.

I went and spent 1,300 dollars, and came out with a 2.6 ghz p4 processor with 800 mhz fsb. 80 GB HD, 512 DDR RAM 400 mhz. GeForce FX 5600 128 MB, Sound Blaster Audigy, dvd-rom, cd-rw. Not to mention a 17" ultrasharp Flat panel display. For any gamer... it was a clear choice.

Now....... For the people who didn't know me, now you know me, or atleast what I am about. There is no cheating involved w/ me. Anyone who knew me personally can vouch I am 100% legit, and was totally against cheaters.

I am a person who has served alot of time in this community and did alot of good things. I put alot of work into the BL a coupole years ago and I still believe if it wasn't for me (and ofcourse Sin) the BL wouldn't have been what it is today. For you guys to sit there and say I can't compete in the AA part of the ladder just because i bought a different brand computer after doing so much for the community...... then that shows me that maybe this isn't a community I would even want to play with anymore. I sure hope Mauti read's all of this BS about how I can't participate just because I have a pc. Change the freakin rule... the rule was for RS and GhR, not for AA.

Clan +-KoS-+ 6/26/01 - present

*DAMN BL Season 1 & 2 Rouge Spear Champions
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2003, 06:17:35 pm »

Hmmmm, after reading all that, I think that I could vouch for him to be able to play, just don't let it get out of hand with PC players as to allow for other games and such.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2003, 07:00:45 pm »

Starting a petition to get Ultimo allowed to play in the BL.

Post here saying you want him to be able to play.
I'm going to go on the assumption that everyone in a2 wants him to play. Wink
I'll update the list of names as I check back.
P.S. Some people do not post here on the forums, so if they tell me in GameRanger that they want to sign up, but won't post, I'll post their name.

[size=20]Peitition to allow Ult to Play[/size]
1. Mauti

Well I guess that'll do it then.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2003, 07:18:43 pm by Agent SNiPE » Logged

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

Where is the knowledge we lost with information?

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2003, 07:02:33 pm »

I agree.

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
~ Einstein
DA? JAKE
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2003, 07:10:51 pm »

That is a beautiful story Ulti and i truly admire you for that.
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2003, 07:11:40 pm »

Hi Ult,

I'm a bit surprised about your post because it is the first time that I hear you would like to participate. So where did you hear all the bashing!?

I think you act a little paranoid that we all hate you because you use a PC, uhu DANGER DANGER  Grin

The reason why the BL is Mac Only is mainly because of GameRanger and not because I dislike PCs or PC user. The ease to setup a game, to get in contact with a person if problems arise, the possibility to observe that you don't create fake clans you play against and many other things  are the reasons that the BL is Mac Only.

Of course big cheating issues on the PC side confirmed to keep the BL Mac Only.

Btw the reason why we have so many admins nowadays is that the BL is approximatly 10times larger than at your BL admin time and further my aim was it to get the clans more involved into forming the league because I simply don't have the time anymore to work daily on the BL.

However back to your question:
*DAMN Battle League: clanladder only for Mac (Apple Macintosh) clans and players operating in GameRanger. Ip joining as well as other platform players are only allowed if both clans agree. Only clanbattles set up through GameRanger are counted towards the ladder.

AA isn't supported by GameRanger so you can drop the last sentence but as you can see you are allowed to play on the BL  as long as you play for a Mac clan and the other clan agrees to it.

May you have referred to this kind of bashing/fear but since not 1 AA cb has been played I think that wasn't a problem yet.

To sum up you were always welcome to play on the BL.

Bye,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
Noto
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2003, 08:00:23 pm »

I'll do my usuall thing of addressing points one by one, by Ultimo and Mauti.

Due to everyone's dislike about me competiting in AA ladder matches w/ a2, I am writing this. Hopefully you'll all have a better understanding of what I'm all about after your reading this.

I've seen some threads that have mentioned dislike for you playing due to your PC.  From what I see, it is mostly players from | ! |, The Core.  Personally, I don't think anyone should really care.  Unless GameRanger is going to support AA servers, which I highly doubt anytime in the near future, playing against PC players is inevitable.  Also, since there are really only a handful of Mac people playing AA, and that are in a clan, I would hope that people would drop the PC argument.  It really doesn't make sense for them to argue.

Everyone act's like I am some evil player from the pc world that is here to dominate the ladder because of my hacks and awesome fps.... get a grip I mean comon.

Is there a way to 'hack' PunkBuster?  I didn't think so.  I get great fps for some unknown reason on my Mac (approx. 40-60, although some maps drop me to 20-40).  40-60 fps on a Mac for a game like AA isn't bad at all.  I can kill fine with it.  It's not like fps changes the speed of the game.  To comment again on the cheating thing, I reember when I first started to play GhR.  I thought Lin was cheating all the damn time because I couldn't hit him and he always shot me.  Now that I actually have a clue as to what I'm doing when playing GhR, I find myself on the other end of accusations from noobs claiming i'm cheating because they missed when emptying an entire clip, yet I kille dthem with one shot.  The fact of the matter is that the more you play, the more you learn how to kill, and not be killed.  I think many of the new Mac AA players are still somewhat in a noob denial stage.

...we were 3 moderators for a whole community. Sin and myself then found romulus of cheating and we were able to kick him out as a BL mod. This made us work a whole battle league by ourselves. We didn't need 13 moderators...

I think back in that day you had 3 moderators, a handful of clans, and a couple of ladders.  At present, there are over 30 clans, 5 ladders, a million rules, and tons of BS.  I don't think you guys dealt nearly with as much "stuff" as there is at this time in the *DAMN League.

Now....... For the people who didn't know me, now you know me, or atleast what I am about. There is no cheating involved w/ me. Anyone who knew me personally can vouch I am 100% legit, and was totally against cheaters.

I think you can chill on the cheating thing.  The more you defend yourself, the ore suspect you become in the eyes of your accusers.  Why not ignore them until they can actually prove something?  Your accusers need to put up or shut up when it comes to cheat accusations.  Also, how noobish is it to accuse someone of cheating, and then not prove it.

ON TO MAUTI

...So where did you hear all the bashing!?

Different threads, at different times, and by different people.  I've witnessed Ultimo's paranoia because he's getting most of this bashing on the forums.

*DAMN Battle League: clanladder only for Mac (Apple Macintosh) clans and players operating in GameRanger. Ip joining as well as other platform players are only allowed if both clans agree. Only clanbattles set up through GameRanger are counted towards the ladder.

AA isn't supported by GameRanger so you can drop the last sentence but as you can see you are allowed to play on the BL  as long as you play for a Mac clan and the other clan agrees to it.

Ah, there's the kicker Mauti... "as long as you play for a Mac clan and the other clan agrees to it."  So basically, Ultimo is still screwed.  Obviously the people that have raised this issue thus far are the ones who do not want him playing in the first place.  If it's up to the other clan to agree to let him play, you might as well make Ultimo a towell boy for the Season 6 AA Ladder.

May you have referred to this kind of bashing/fear but since not 1 AA cb has been played I think that wasn't a problem yet.

"Hooah!"   The .::|N|etwork is up for an AA CB of course.  Evidently, -a2- is the only other clan up for one as well.  I know we're currently trying to set one up for this week or weekend, so let's make sure it doesn't fall through!

That's basically it...

.::|N| Noto
*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

Where is the knowledge we lost with information?

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2003, 08:46:05 pm »

1. Ult doesn't cheat
2. You need him if you ever want to have at least one battle on the AA ladder
3. Ultimo is a legitimate part of this community

That's all that matters.

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
~ Einstein
KoS Ultimo
Forum Whore

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2003, 08:50:39 pm »

To sum up you were always welcome to play on the BL.

Bye,

Mauti

Look at that rule more closely. It says "ip joining as well as other platform players are only allowed if both clans agree". Correct me if I'm wrong, but all mac players are also ip joiners in AA, due to it not being gameranger supported.

So does this mean everyone gets to accept or decline a cb depending on who's playing.... because according to the current rule, everyone is an ip joiner. Looks like I found a loop hole.

And Mauti, if you look in the "a2 looking for AA cb" thread, you will see alot of people against me playing just because i have a pc. I'm not paranoid, I just want to freakin play. I want it so that poeple can't decline a match with a2 just because I'm on a pc. They shouldn't have to agree w/ it like I am some sort of "different player". I'm just like everyone else, using a different operating system, playing the same fucking game.

kos.viper
Forum Whore

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2003, 09:09:40 pm »

Who is this Ultimo guy?  Wink

kos.viper
Xbox LIVE Gamertag: Brain 7
The box said "requires Windows 98 or better"... so I bought a Mac.
Toxic::Joka
Forum Whore

Now available in PC flavour.

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2003, 09:56:21 pm »

Now now, i wasent bashing - simply stating my conserne about you beeing on a PC. It wasent like it was that big of a matter anyway, i was alittle drunk and had nothing better do to, during one of the posts,  basically just making a rukkus for the hell of it...Having said that it dosent mean that what I said isnt true, you do have an advantage over us mac users. If you break it down were all here  (*DAMN) for the love of competing, and competing is only fun when its fair, when we stand on the start line with the same car  Wink.

But to think if I were to departure from this community by getting a PC and then one day the oppurtunity to compete side by side with Core again would present itself in the form of a cross-platform game, I wouldnt want some noob to come and tell me that I cant becouse this or that. Who am I to stand in way of old friendships. (not that i had any say in the matter anyway  Grin )

*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2003, 11:55:35 pm »

About the rule: You also have to drop the last line of the paragraph because AA can't be started through GameRanger.

Well I only wanted to state that you can play by rules, and as long as you aren't ejected in a cb I think there is no need to discuss a  rule like "PC players are allowed to play in the AA ladder" this would cause much troubles. I would say try to get a cb done, and then see if you get refused or not.

The AA thread is fine but you also know that threads that "request a cb" or discussing PC players were never successful. So a2 should get a cb done(ask for a cb live in GR), and then we will see if you get refused or not. Try this first, before we are  talking to modify a rule. E.g. get a cb done with the Network, there you already know, that you can play.

I just read through the last page of the AA thread, and it is funny that exactly the same happens most Mac players who want to join a PC ladder. However, as you can read, few guys are worried about you being a PC player, so what about showing them, that you aren't that "bad". Do some fun AA games. I'm sure there are enough Mac clans that would have no troubles with you playing, and so far the rules allow this.

Bye,

Mauti
« Last Edit: December 15, 2003, 12:15:26 am by *DAMN Mauti » Logged

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
|?K| Monk
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2003, 06:21:36 am »

lol, rapid wasn't kidding.  You kids really do try and manipulate what people view now don't you...   Just because we commented on things being said, doesn't mean you have to "delete" it to misinform the public...  

I trully didn't think you guys would delete my post, but now I see how you guys work.  Anything that will tarnish our clan, you're willing and in support of.  And when we answer, you'll delete our response in hope of making us look dumb, as if what's being said it's true, or necessary...

Ultimo definately has no right bad mouthing rapid.  Talk about hypocrite...
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2003, 06:29:40 am »

I removed your post, Monk. I'd have sent you a PM explaining why, but you have no account. I'll copy over exactly what I tagged it with:

"I feel kinda bad about moving this, Monk's a good guy, and he made, what would generally be accepted as a pretty good post. However, like Rapid's about a week ago, it was directed at a small portion, and something that was in no way the point - of Ult's post.

If I let this stand, everyone will bash Monk ( I know this because I had a restrained, but somewhat provocative post all ready to go, when I realized "wtf am I doing? This is the kinda thing I should delete". )

Why should I let this happen when the post isn't even slightly on topic?"

I knew right away that it wasn't going to go over well, but I could see that the thread would go downhill and fast if I let it stand.

I stand beside what I did.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

.:N|General Billy likes his salad tossed!

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2003, 07:59:21 am »

Back in the old RS days there use to be bad blood between Ultimo and myself. I was even sceptical about joining a2 because I didnt know what kind of temperment I was going to be meet with. The first time I played A'A with Utimo we connected on NF and had a great and funny chat while playing about how alot of us together now in this clan of ours never got along in the "old days", but after chating a little with Ultimo and listening to how some of his online friends talk about him, I can honestly say he is a stand up guy. **sniffle**

Drum Roll Please!!!

OK... Noto... since we are trying to get a cb going with you guys this weekend....does The Network agree to allow Ultimo to cb with us?

.:Voodoo:.
Adult Gamers Alliance
*DAMN Battle League Administrator 2002 - 2004 Retired
Brothers of Chaos - Winners of *DBL Raven Shield Season 8 with 14-0 Record
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2003, 10:53:37 am »

Hey, I've always gotten along with Ultimo and don't think he'd cheat at all.  I only brought it up because better to have it out before he's in a CB, then someone protest AFTER (which is all too often around here).

Just a correction for Noto, yes, you can get around Punkbuster, they openly admit that they can't stop everything.  Just 90% of it.  It's good, just not perfect.

Oh, one more thing.  You can join AA through GameRanger (at least I did last week).  Just add the A2 server to the server favorites, then you can join it through GR (and people can see that you are playing AA).  Same could be done with any server you know the IP and password (if there is one) of.  Like right now I can see that nobody is on the A2 server, and the Network server is full, along with what maps they are running, etc.  It's also easier to find this way, instead of sorting through the list in the game.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Screw the pussy isolationists and their shortsightedness - Buccaneer
.::|N| DIESEL

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2003, 03:00:55 pm »

OK... Noto... since we are trying to get a cb going with you guys this weekend....does The Network agree to allow Ultimo to cb with us?

Voo-

Its not a problem that players play on a pc.  Infact, Most of us are all for competing with pc clans as well as mac clans.  I, myself, play on a P4 that is decked and also gives me 45-60 fps during AA.  The only thing Im asking is to lessen the taunting from players that have been playing this game longer than others.  

ie:
I can't wait to own all of these noob "GhR vet's" who think their the best of the best. You havn't had real competition until you fight the RS vets, players who know what CQC is all about. Prepare to die a long painful death in any cb's you face against a2.

Noto, finally I will get the chance to face you in a game and make you eat your big words.

JOY  

and

lmfao...BtS win the AA BL? Eight u fuxing suck at AA, i saw u play and u are HORRIBLE. When i say BTs i mean Eight not sar or psycho but EIGHT. U talk crap like a GhR noob and u will get your ass handed to you. Im ready when u are little 12 year old prick.

I dont think this request is that hard to respect.  I think starting this ladder out the right way [clean] will entice others to want to join and make a fun and productive ladder.  If people are going to insult others do it on nf.  If you feel the need to insult them that bad feel free to nf me and I will give you a piece of my mind without hesitation.  As for the match between us, we will be short one player until Sunday due to vacation time in FL.  Once we get everyone online we will be ready to start the match.  Contact me for further arrangments:  brw@2livemedia.com
« Last Edit: December 15, 2003, 03:02:03 pm by .::|N| DIESEL » Logged

_D
"I'm #1 so why try harder."
Noto- "I'm sorry The .::|N|etwork isn't there to pump up the season like we have in the past.  You'll just have to wait for your shot next season."
KoS Ultimo
Forum Whore

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2003, 08:40:07 pm »

I agree, and apologize. The only reason I trash talk most of the GhR guys is because I get an aura from you guys like you look down on us.... like your the vets and we're nobody's, call it a defense mechanism if you will.

I'll stop trash talking, I just want to play.

and as for rebel's trash talking. That's just who rebel is. He has always trash talked, even when he can't back it up.... I guess you'll have to get used to it. lol

and finally, I only bought my pc like september 15th, so it's not like I have a huge advantage over the mac players of AA. I've been playing AA for about as long as most of the other guys around here.

KoS.Rebel
Forum Whore

+-Killers on Spree-+

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2003, 12:03:49 am »

I gamer is a gamer. The type of comp doesnt make the player. People are just trying to use the fact that ult is on a pc to their advantage because they know he is better then them. For all i care ALL OF YOU COULD USE PC's cause im confident in my skills and i know that i could rape every last one of you whether you are on a pc or i am. Point made.

The extent of one's abilities is only limited by the restrictions of one's mind
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2003, 01:18:29 am »

I gamer is a gamer. The type of comp doesnt make the player. People are just trying to use the fact that ult is on a pc to their advantage because they know he is better then them. For all i care ALL OF YOU COULD USE PC's cause im confident in my skills and i know that i could rape every last one of you whether you are on a pc or i am. Point made.

Man you talk way too much shit.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads