*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 10:15:46 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Saddam Hussein Captured
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Saddam Hussein Captured  (Read 8670 times)
alaric
Forum Whore

What good is life if you don't have freedom?

« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2003, 05:52:12 am »

1.  Napolean.  Why don't we treat captured leaders like that anymore?  Of course, he escaped, so he's a bad example, but why not exile/imprison Saddam - what good is one more life lost in an already worn-torn nation?

Last I checked, Napolean didn't commit any crimes against humanity.

"I would rather have incompetence and abuse of power than a group of people who want to bow down to the French and the United Nations." - BTs Ghostsniper, June 17, 2004, 01:44:16 PM
Noto
« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2003, 08:22:08 am »

Last I checked, Napolean didn't commit any crimes against humanity.

I thought Napolean's troops raped and pillaged when they were advancing on Russia, did they not?  Raping and pillaging was in style then, so perhaps it wouldn't have been considered a crime against humanity.  Nonetheless, I'm sure Napolean ordered a few ethnic cleansings here, a few pillages there... Just remember, Napolean's military conquests as remembered by the conquered weren't exactly peachy pictures of rainbows and flags.  Napolean had a history of beheading the leaders of the towns he pillaged, and anyone else that got in his way.

.::|N| Noto
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2003, 11:13:45 am »

For all the war, death, starvation and just plain hardship, Napolean was as big of an ass as there is.  But, his exile was part of his terms of surrender.  

Saddam hasn't surrendered.  He did the first time, and was left in power, which was a mistake on our part back then.

As for the here and now, I don't care if the Iraqis hang, draw and quarter him, or if he rots in Cuba for the rest of his days.  Probably better for everyone if he is executed, so there is no "free Sadam" movement or terrorist attacks later.  

Dearborn was full of celebration and even a parade today.  All the former Iraqis that moved here were singing in the streets, snow and all.  It means a lot more than some of you think to have one less major asshole no longer at large.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Screw the pussy isolationists and their shortsightedness - Buccaneer
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2003, 12:55:09 pm »

Its so true. For most of the people here their information on Saddamn has been 3rd hand, its been what the media tell us and what the history books say. We can be happy that such a cruel man has been stopped, and be content in the knowledge that he will never again hold the reigns of any element of power that could cause harm.
What we think is not that inportant though, its a bit meaningless. Its those Iraqi's who lost familys, the Kurds who were murderd in their thousands through Saddam's ethnic cleansing for whom it really matters. They deserve more than anyone to see this man be brought to justice. I see two options. 1) He is brought to the Hague and tried for crimes against humanity amoung other things. Or 2) he is brought to trial in Iraq. But if he is I feel the americans might try very hard to make sure that iraq suddenly uses the death penalty and makes sure it is put into practise.

I don't believe in the death penalty so i wouldnt want him excecuted. I don't know how many of you have now seen the pictures of him on TV, a shaken, ragged old man with a long beard. In a way he looked so normal. Its hard to belive that someone could be, well i hate to use the word, but evil, to carry out such destruction and suffering. I wouldn't complain if the guys spent the rest of his days in prison, and im not talking about the "this is your tv, your pool table, your 3 course meals" prison. he really deserves to rot his days out.

just a quick note, I think we have to be carfull about the Pow thing... Saddam i believe was the commanding general (or equivelent) of the iraqi army, just as Bush is the Chief somthing or other... and i suppose if you capture somone like this you want the world to see it... but as someone said here basicallly that "they showed our guys on tv so why can't we show him" well... I would hope you would agree there is a difference between the two countries... no point going down to their level now is there!

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
|MP|Nomad
Forum Whore

Go Apple!!

« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2003, 02:58:45 pm »

I am still waiting for my damn $25 mill.  Here I am, out of the goodness of my heart, its almost xmas, I tip off the Americans where this creep is and you think they have returned my calls about collecting the reward  Angry ?

The King of Pistoleros
c| Hathcock

« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2003, 03:30:21 pm »

It's allready been said that Saddam will be going to the Iraqi War Crimes council and not the ICC.  Besides, who better to try Saddam than the Iraqi people?  The United States is not even a member of the ICC and since the American Army captured him you can just forget about the ICC getting any say in this.

And anyone who says this was pointless just needs to take one good look at the Iraqi people.  Every non Baathist in that country is happy as hell right now.  Militaryily it is even a significant event.  Saddam had a good intelligence on him not to mention the $750,000 dollars that would have gone to the militants.  He was not the leader of the resistance by any means but he was still it's figure head.

Kind of interesting how Saddam preached his Jihad's and suicide bombings for the last few decades and when it comes to his own life he cowers in a hole and puts up absolutely no resistance to his capture.  Better to kill him in a prison than make him a martyr though so we should thank him for not fighting.

Oh and Nomad.  Apparently most of the intelligence that lead to Saddam's capture was derived from interogations.  So exactly where are you right now?  Wink
BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2003, 03:47:11 pm »

Hmmmm.....we tried to help Saddam out in the early 80's and it backfired.....we left Saddam in power after the first Gulf War and it backfired....we didn't take the first World Trade Center bombing in 1993 serious enough and it backfired.....sounds like you guys all have a great sense of "hindsight is 20/20".  Why don't you all go work for the National Security Agency.....I'm sure they sure could use some extra ESP that you all seem to have in being able to tell what is going to happen and how to avoid it.

Remember, if someone wants to do something to you bad enough, and will risk their own life to do it, there sometimes is no way to stop them.

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
KoS Ultimo
Forum Whore

« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2003, 08:49:09 pm »

How much you wanna bet that we find Osama Bin Laden in October 2004 in "another hole". Perfect timing before elections.

Clan +-KoS-+ 6/26/01 - present

*DAMN BL Season 1 & 2 Rouge Spear Champions
"Sixhits"
*DAMN Supporter
Forum Whore

Monkey see, monkey do

« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2003, 10:55:36 pm »

At long last we can rejoice! Iraq is freed from terror! The middle east will be pacified! The Canadians and French will fall in love with America all over again! Our troops will finally be greeted in the streets as the liberators they truly are instead of getting blown to bits half-a-dozen a week! The civilian contractors will be allowed to leave the green zone and actually see the countryside they are shaping with their blood money! George Bush will get re-selected - again! A warm glow will fill the hearts of liberals and make them love an unelected bigot with delusions of grandeur, thus allowing him to declare himself dicator for life, just like he's always wet-dreamed about! Yay!

And most of aaaaaaaaaall ... Osama will walk into the White House and commit hari-kari in front of a masterbating George Bush! Yay!

That and the war on terrorism will end cause we just won it.

Right. Let's check back on all this in three monthes time.

"Perhaps, the most important thing to remember about that which we are faced with: Fascism, at its core, is a fraud. It promises the triumphal resurrection of the nation, and delivers only devastation. Strength without wisdom is a chimera, resolve without competence a travesty."
"Sixhits"
*DAMN Supporter
Forum Whore

Monkey see, monkey do

« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2003, 10:57:59 pm »

Bully for the troops, tho. Fucking sweet job done. Too bad it took nine monthes to find him. And too bad that his capture is just another feather in their caps rather than a ticket home.

"Perhaps, the most important thing to remember about that which we are faced with: Fascism, at its core, is a fraud. It promises the triumphal resurrection of the nation, and delivers only devastation. Strength without wisdom is a chimera, resolve without competence a travesty."
kami
God bless the freaks

You're not a man without *NADS.

« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2003, 10:59:21 pm »

The ICC is out of the question since the US doesn't even support it. The Iraqis recently abolished the Death Sentence so it'd be a pretty major step if they were to introduce it again, just for Mr. Hussein.
And regarding the money he had, $750k, that's pocket change.

*NADS toilet cleaner goldylocks

'There is nothing divine about morality, it is a purely human affair.' - Albert Einstein
'With soap, baptism is a good thing.' - Robert G. Ingersoll
Cossack
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

SEMPER TRANSFUEGA

« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2003, 04:16:24 am »

I think Saddam should have his own morning talkshow on NBC. Think of the ratings. How about Regis and Saddam.

Regis: So saddam have you seen the new outfits this summer? Absolutley outstanding. I'm telling you our producer is selling me on the streets.

Saddam: AL KAJOUM! Wololololololololololololooo! Die imperialst pigs Wolololololololololololololololoooo! Oh yeah, the outfits were very chic. Made 100% from camel ass. Now a message from our coporate pimps.

Ok so the last post was real lame and probablly not funny at all. Still, I think Saddam should be forced to have his own talk show or replace Kelly Ripa and co-host with Regis.

BREAD LAND AND PEACE!
R.I.P Grifter
cO.Kuza

because we call blunts bleezies

« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2003, 04:38:53 am »

All i can say is; bout fuckin time

is it 2008 yet?
The Golden Shark

hehehe my picture is funny.........

« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2003, 05:28:24 am »

...I thought Napolean's troops raped and pillaged when they were advancing on Russia, did they not?....::|N| Noto
lol history will state that as napoleon advanced on Russia, Russia burned down everything before napoloen got there, leave nothing for him to rape and pilage. This method is sometimes refered to as "slash and burn"

anywhoop, i find it incredibly convinient for Dub-ya to capture the "most violent enemy combatant" within a year of the re-elections. I really honestly can smell a small conspiricy brewing, i know its far fetched, by the timing is just too fucking terrific. I  can only hope (although i won't hold my breath) that the people of america, will not be blind to the fact, that he has "raped and pilaged" our economy, gave tax breaks to the rich, and squandered a national surplus, on ranch vaction time, and his war to avenge his father.

-Oh and someone, i think it was GhostSniper, said that the armed forces are protecting me....
LOL!! protecting me from what?! ever heard of the first strike policy, we wouldn't even know if any of these guys that we nail are truly dangerous to the people to the US, because we ram a missle up their ass before they can spit out word one. Most of our reasoning for war and slaughter, has been strickly speculation, and really pisses me off.

Ill say it again i really hope, that america learns from their mistake, and does NOT vote president George W. Fuck-Up back into office.

PLEASE PEOPLE, THINK ABOUT THE WAY HE RAN THE COUNTRY!!

WILL THE ECONOMY EVER BE OKAY AGAIN??

ITS TIME TO LEARN OUT LESSON, DON'T EMBARRASS THE COUNTRY AGAIN!!!!!

At my school, one of the only public high schools left in the country were art is a priority (the los angeles county high school for the arts), we are preparing to preform the cruicible, and i find it funny how much the Salem witch trials closly parellel that of the war on terrorism.
ahh let me see, just replace a few words... there ::

The Salem US witch Enemy Combatant  trials

anywho, im done, im angry and if bush wins again, well - it just better not happen.

-T

p.s. does the fact that im in highschool discredit my argument --no, so lets be more mature than to just call me a kid and a nooob.

And the Lord said, "Let there be G5!", and there was G5, and it was good. Everyone was amazed and gave praise to Steve Jobs. And Steve Jobs saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. On the second day, Steve Jobs drove Wintel from the garden of NASDAQ in a fury -- f
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2003, 05:51:05 am »

...I thought Napolean's troops raped and pillaged when they were advancing on Russia, did they not?....::|N| Noto
anywhoop, i find it incredibly convinient for Dub-ya to capture the "most violent enemy combatant" within a year of the re-elections. I really honestly can smell a small conspiricy brewing, i know its far fetched, by the timing is just too fucking terrific. I  can only hope (although i won't hold my breath) that the people of america, will not be blind to the fact, that he has "raped and pilaged" our economy, gave tax breaks to the rich, and squandered a national surplus, on ranch vaction time, and his war to avenge his father.

-Oh and someone, i think it was GhostSniper, said that the armed forces are protecting me....
LOL!! protecting me from what?! ever heard of the first strike policy, we wouldn't even know if any of these guys that we nail are truly dangerous to the people to the US, because we ram a missle up their ass before they can spit out word one. Most of our reasoning for war and slaughter, has been strickly speculation, and really pisses me off.

Ill say it again i really hope, that america learns from their mistake, and does NOT vote president George W. Fuck-Up back into office.

PLEASE PEOPLE, THINK ABOUT THE WAY HE RAN THE COUNTRY!!

WILL THE ECONOMY EVER BE OKAY AGAIN??

ITS TIME TO LEARN OUT LESSON, DON'T EMBARRASS THE COUNTRY AGAIN!!!!!

At my school, one of the only public high schools left in the country were art is a priority (the los angeles county high school for the arts), we are preparing to preform the cruicible, and i find it funny how much the Salem witch trials closly parellel that of the war on terrorism.
ahh let me see, just replace a few words... there ::

The Salem US witch Enemy Combatant  trials

anywho, im done, im angry and if bush wins again, well - it just better not happen.

-T

p.s. does the fact that im in highschool discredit my argument --no, so lets be more mature than to just call me a kid and a nooob.

First of all, the idea that the capture of Saddam was staged to make Bush look good really is far-fetched.

But besides that.....Tax breaks for the rich???  I am far from being rich and those tax cuts helped me and my family out tremendously.  The government is already getting over half of my paycheck in taxes, and forgive me if I don't want to fund every social program the people in Washington can come up with.

Next....yes, like it or not, the Armed Forces of this country are protecting you.  You can bad-mouth the President, you can bad-mouth the Republicans, and you can bad-mouth stupid conservatives like ME.....but listen here you little punk, you start bad-mouthing the military that defends the very freedoms you enjoy, and I have a serious problem with you.  I am a little more mellow now (after being a civillian for over 5 years), but I bet I can still kick your little punk ass.  You just better be glad you are saying this shit over the internet instead of in person in front of my face because I would have broken your little neck for less than what you just said.

Finally, Don't Embarrass the Country Again???  What the hell do you think Bill Clinton was doing the whole 8 years he was in office?

Oh, P.S.--No, it doesn't matter to me that you are in high school....I would fuck your world up just the same as if you were an adult.

Peace.

-GhostSniper Out.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2003, 05:54:24 am by |GM|GhostSniper » Logged

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

westamastaflash

« Reply #55 on: December 16, 2003, 08:13:21 am »

Have you ever taken an economics class in your life? There are these things called "recessions" that happen in a semi-regular pattern. Entering 2001, we had just burst the dot-com bubble and were headed downward into recession.

Tax cuts push more money into the private sector for both consumption and investment. Here is the record on what happened to the economy after a tax cut, starting a long time ago.

Coolidge cut taxes, the result was the growth through twenties.
Kennedy cut taxes, the result was the growth through the sixties.
Reagan cut taxes, the result was the longest period of sustained growth in the history of our nation.
Bush II cut taxes, and we're now seeing a very positive economic outlook.

It sounds to me that most of the leftist arguments about "tax breaks for the rich" are based in the fact that these people are JEALOUS of what someone else has accomplished and produced. Wealth is not DISTRIBUTED, it is created! Taxing people who create wealth just encourages them to quit. Income taxes are some of the biggest deteriments to progress in this country.

"Squandered" a surplus? It was gone by the time he took office, It never actually existed - it was  a PREDICTION, and the economy had moved into recession.

Learn how the world works. Feelings don't mean shit. Facts DO.

c| Spetsnaz.
*DAMN Supporter

American Anarchist.

« Reply #56 on: December 16, 2003, 09:53:32 am »

If you would like to know more facts about the Bush regime, check out this site  http://www.house.gov/reform/min/politicsandscience/ Hopefully you can understand the implications of manipulating the Facts.

"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
 ~Voltaire

"Politics is the womb in which war develops."
~Carl P. G. von Clausewitz
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #57 on: December 16, 2003, 03:23:15 pm »

I might take a little more stock in this website if it wasn't run by a Democrat.  I would at the very least like to hear an argument from an independent, non-biased source.  What do you think a Democrat is going to say about a Republican President?

Noto
« Reply #58 on: December 16, 2003, 06:21:20 pm »

I guess I would consider myself a Republocrat.  I've always had the conservative views of the Republican party, but being in the field of education, I have no choice but to support the Democrats in that sense.  I actually voted for Bush for a couple of reasons.  First off, realize that if you were a voting American in the 2000 elections. you were voting for the lesser of a few evils.  None of the candidates were actually liked.  It was more of a "who do you not want running this country?".  Bush had much more experience on his side with the cabinet he was bringing in, although I knew that Warmonger Cheney would wind up dropping bombs on someone before he was out of there, and I was right.  Al Gore's cabinet consisted of folks who had almost no international connections, ties, or experience whatsoever.  If you Euros think Bush is bad, at least Bush knows where Europe is.  Unfortunately for me, the Republicans and the Democrats haven't been to education savvy lately.  I wish they would bring back the Whig Party.

Also, for yall you guys out there that hate Bush, remember, Bush isn't running this country.  Dick Cheney is. Wink

Have you ever noticed whenever there is a high level of alert, Bush is giving a speech somewhere on television, while Cheney is wisked away to a secure underground location (N.O.R.A.D.).  Cheney has been seen about as many times during this administration as he has had heart attacks (For you Euros, that's about 9 times).  Bush is just too dumb to run this machine.  The republicans wanted back in power, so they put a figure head in there.  Who better to put in than George W. Bush?  Hell, I voted for the guy only because I knew he wasn't actually going to run the show!

Chew on that for a bit.

.::|N| Noto
PLOPje

kill yourself before someone kills you

« Reply #59 on: December 16, 2003, 06:24:08 pm »

You just better be glad you are saying this shit over the internet instead of in person in front of my face because I would have broken your little neck for less than what you just said.

I cant believe they let such people run arround with guns.

Ho and to come back to napoleon, russia indeed burned everything down but france isnt next to russia there is some space between it.

And yeah you need an army to defend yourself but why thehell praise it when you never get attacked but they go murder osme other people somewhere else just because some guy wants to get in the history books. And the guy that used the WMDs that he got from him is the bad guy.
"having them is not the problem using them is" WTF
having them is the worst. You cant use them if you dont have them. HO but its to scare other people. Yeah right people are not gone attack you because you have those weapons but you attack them because they are a threat to you.

We are the next generation, we are not scared to die.
The only thing I fear is the afterlive.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads