*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 10:32:10 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Saddam Hussein Captured
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Saddam Hussein Captured  (Read 8696 times)
c| Spetsnaz.
*DAMN Supporter

American Anarchist.

« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2003, 11:16:03 pm »

Amen, Typhy. Dictators like Saddam come a dime a dozen in this world, we going after all of them too? Perhaps, Saddam was just the unlucky one who happened to be sitting on one of the largest natural oil reserves in the world.

"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
 ~Voltaire

"Politics is the womb in which war develops."
~Carl P. G. von Clausewitz
Cutter

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2003, 11:20:29 pm »

typhy aren't you one of those "stupid americans"?  and since you still have a few years before you can vote might i suggest you stfu instead of repeating what you've heard the adults say.

on a lighter note they named it "operation red dawn"... they should start a new operation named "first blood" and go find usama with the quickness.

Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn.
BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2003, 11:29:36 pm »

Typhy, I'll make you the same deal I made X86BSD....(and since you are a minor, I'll extend the offer to your family)....

If America is so bad, why don't you move your ass somewhere else?? Tell you what I'll do for you, I'll buy you a plane ticket to anywhere in the world you want to go (France, Egypt, Argentina, I don't care where...), with the following stipulation:? YOU CAN NEVER EVER COME BACK TO THE UNITED STATES OR ANY OF ITS TERRITORIES, not even to visit.

PM me and let me know where to send the tickets.

-GhostSniper Out.

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
c| Spetsnaz.
*DAMN Supporter

American Anarchist.

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2003, 11:46:37 pm »

In defense of Typhy, if people weren't allowed to freely express their opinions this country would be no different than an authoritarian dictatorship. We are free to believe what we want, and with out the voice of the minority, this country would still have a King (in some ways we still do). Typhy gets so much shit because he is young, but his posts have a concise and logical manner that some of the posts by so called "adults" lack greatly. In this online world age means nothing, as long as you can clearly express your ideas with words. People that stand up for what is right, as opposed to what is popular, in my opinion command greater respect than the latter.

"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
 ~Voltaire

Typhy

Woot

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2003, 12:27:29 am »

GhostSniper, one of the good things about this country, is that I'm free to express my opinion.

Why don't I move? Maybe because my family owns 3 condos which we rent out, a 4 story house on 3 acres of land? Maybe because all my friends and family live in Juneau? Maybe because I enjoy living 10 minutes from a kick ass ski area? Maybe because I enjoy the climate here? Maybe because I like Juneau's crime free enviornment?

Perhaps people like you believe that free speech is unnesscessary because if you don't agree with the current leadership, you should get the hell out? Should I be moving back and forth from another country after each presidential election?

Also, just some interesting stats:

There are 26 people in my family here in Juneau. A plane ticket to Seattle from here costs about 700 bucks ( the one I went to Seattle on last week was 699 bucks from Alaska Airlines ). 700x26=18,200.

I plane ticket from Seattle to France ( just using France as an example ), goes for about 850. 850x26=22,100.

22,100+18,200= 40,300.

This is merely the price of the plane tickets. If you're willing to pay 40 thousand, 300 dollars to a single person you've talked to over the internet, then, either, congratulations on winning the Lottery, or "get a life".

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
alaric
Forum Whore

What good is life if you don't have freedom?

« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2003, 12:47:24 am »

GhostSniper, are you so insecure in your views that you cannot tolerate even a little dissent? Hell, this country was founded on dissent.

Just because someone doesn't like the direction our country is headed in today doesn't mean they don't love it as much or more than you do.

I would go so far as to say that every citizen of this country has not only the right, but the duty to speak out against what they believe is wrong. That's a fundamental tenent of Democracy: open, public discussion and debate of the direction of the country at large. And if you don't like that, one of the fundamental principles upon which this great country was founded, maybe it's you who should get the hell out.

"I would rather have incompetence and abuse of power than a group of people who want to bow down to the French and the United Nations." - BTs Ghostsniper, June 17, 2004, 01:44:16 PM
Ace
Resident Ass
God bless the freaks

« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2003, 01:20:01 am »

For everybody here bitching, can you at least agree that capturing Saddam is a Good Thing?? Regardless of whether you believe the war was right, I don't think any sane person believes that Saddam has a right to live outside heavily fortified prison walls. He is a horrible tyrant and human being, and now he will be brought to justice.

But hey, like it or not, believe it or not, Bush just got re-elected for President......
Re-elected? I'm still waiting to see him get elected the first time. Although, I must say - it's gotta take one hell of an election plan to win with the minority of the votes.

If the American people are stupid enough to actually elect Bush, then they deserve  to have a leader who takes after their stupidity.
[/color]

If you are going to ask Bush about his election plan to win with a minority of the votes, make sure to ask Bill Clinton (twice), Richard Nixon, JFK, Truman, and Woodrow Wilson (twice). And that's just the 20th century. Rail on the electoral college if you like, but don't blame Bush for winning by the rules.

PS - GhostSniper, if you don't like people bitching about the United States, I suggest that you leave. I'm sure that the Chinese, Saudis, or many others would love a citizen who doesn't question the government.

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2003, 01:33:19 am »

Oh, don't get me wrong. I'm very glad that Saddam was captured. However, I find it meaningless.

Ace, you're right. I worded that poorly. I was refering to the fact that Bush won the election while getting less votes than Gore.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
|MP|Nomad
Forum Whore

Go Apple!!

« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2003, 01:38:07 am »

You know, I don't care what they do to him, I just want my damn $25 mill.  Angry

But if I had to choose, I would say keep him alive in a small box and IV feed him and give him blood transfusions if needed, just to make him see what "nice" people are like.

The King of Pistoleros
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2003, 01:56:48 am »

To Typhy (and everyone else):  I don't have a problem with anyone questioning the government, or even speaking out against it or parts of it they don't agree with.....but I do have a problem when you say Americans are stupid and that we have a pathetic society, I have a problem with people not supporting the very military that is protecting their pathetic asses every day, and I do have a problem with people who try to twist the truth to fit their beliefs.

-GhostSniper Out.

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
tasty
Special Forces
Forum Whore

we hate it when our friends become successful

« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2003, 01:57:51 am »

And deny the Iraqi people justice? The ICC has no death penalty - and the Iraqis are out for blood - the Iraqi journalists at Bremer's conference were shouting "Death to Saddam" and other such lines. The man orchestrated the killing of untold thousands. He doesn't deserve life.
Tis better to take the morally high road than indulge some barbaric idea of "justice". I don't care if Saddam himself was barbaric -- there is no reason to lower ourselves to his level. The ICC was set up specifically to deal with conflicts like this, as an international body equipped to handle this sort of trial without conflict as to whose responsibiilty it is to try him, how to create a fair trial, what he should be tried for, etc. Saddam's crimes need to come to public light and justice needs to be served, and the ICC will be a great way to do that. Whether or not he deserves life, no one deserves the right to take that life away from him.

Patriots always talk of dying for their country and never of killing for their country.? -Bertrand Russell
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2003, 02:06:06 am »

GhostSniper, I spoke against the war. Not against our troops. I never said "damn, I wish Saddam had a portable nuclear device with him to blow the fuck out of all those troops who came to take him prisioner," or any bullshit like that. I said that capturing him was useless, as is the war.

Right now, when I go overseas, or even into Canada, I feel embarassed to be an American. The only thing I can say is "if I were 18, I wouldn't have voted for him."

I think Bush has become a power-obsessed hypocrite with crazy ideas. I'm sure Hitler thought killing all the Jews made sense, much the same as Bush thinks that every country which isn't a democracy needs to be "liberated", so that rather than being opressed by their own leaders, they can be opressed by America's.  

-SW- Baz

« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2003, 02:46:41 am »

Typh,

Turn on the news, read some editorials, look at some news magazines (newsweek, time, etc) or even some websites. Maybe even read a book on Iraq under Saddam's dictatorship.

If you see some of the things that Saddam did and still think getting him/the war was pointless, then you're in Saddam's frame of mind, or misinformed.

An example:

From http://www.khrw.com/crimes.html
On March 16th 1988, Iraqi jets bombed the town of Halabja with chemical weapons. At least 5,000 people were killed and 7,000 severely injured. Fourteen years on, thousands are still suffering the affects of the chemical weapons. The gases used included mustard gas, nerve agents sarin, tabun and VX. This was the largest chemical attack on a civilian population ever.

5,000 people dead - that's about 1/6 of your city's population. And that's just the KIA count.

Now let's hear someone complain about our government.

He who lives by the sword gets shot by those who don't.
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2003, 04:12:37 am »

Baz, as I said, I'm glad that Saddam was caught. I am aware of the shit that he did. However, in his present status ( prior to his capture ), he wasn't a threat to anyone. I don't think the war is complete just because we capture someone like him - after we took over Iraq, he meant nothing. Look at him - hiding down in a basement. How are you going to say that his capture was important? He wasn't doing anything.  

Noto
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2003, 04:34:06 am »

Amen, Typhy. Dictators like Saddam come a dime a dozen in this world, we going after all of them too? Perhaps, Saddam was just the unlucky one who happened to be sitting on one of the largest natural oil reserves in the world.

Omg... why don't wee just play the race card.  Hey, for you folks who don't know, we actually supported Saddam Hussein in the early 80's.  We bought him weapons and shit.  We felt like a bunch of dumbasses when he used the against his own people of course.  Also, I believe most of this starting when Iraq invaded their peaceful neighbor, and our ally, Kuwait.  Oil really doesn't have anything to do with it.  If it did, my fucking tax money wouldn't be going to fucking Iraqis.  At least you Euros can say you got one up on that one. $ 87 Billion to a country a half world away, but we can't sell their oil so that they can use that money instead of mine.  I hate Bush for that.  I hate him for the fact that we have starving kids in my own city, schools that are closing due to lack of funding, and people who cannot afford health care.  But hey, maybe I'll move to Iraq and teach there.  I figure I would be getting a new school, and universal health care.  Better benefits than I could ever get in the states.

.::|N| Noto
c| Spetsnaz.
*DAMN Supporter

American Anarchist.

« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2003, 04:41:36 am »

Baz, guess where the Iraqi's got those chemical weapons? Yes, the United States. We armed them with WMD, in a hope that they would use them of the Iranians, whom they were at war with. At that time the United States knew exactly what was happening to the Kurds, we didn't give a shit. This is a good pic to sum up U.S foreign policy in the Mideast(hypocrites) http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB82/ . I agree totally Saddam was a sac of shit, but in reality he is no worse than the policy makers in Washington.

~Voltaire

Cossack
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

SEMPER TRANSFUEGA

« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2003, 05:03:29 am »

Well I was in the middle of the news. I just got back from DC and was at all the jubulation involving his capture.

First off capturing Sadaam is great, but it is a symbolic victory. It is naive to think he is incharge of the opposition. It is more likley that General Ibrahim is in command. Mark my words, Ibrahim is a talented commander. Capture him, and I will french kiss, I mean liberty kiss GS.

Lets all make a cyber toast. Ehem (clears throat) To the Iraqi people and the justice to be rewarded to the "Butcher of Baghdad."
« Last Edit: December 15, 2003, 05:08:36 am by Cossack » Logged

BREAD LAND AND PEACE!
R.I.P Grifter
-SW- Baz

« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2003, 05:05:10 am »

There's a pretty big difference between having the weapons and using them, Spetz.

He who lives by the sword gets shot by those who don't.
jn.loudnotes
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

I'm tired of being creative.

« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2003, 05:07:51 am »

Ace - Bush didn't win by the rules, he won by the Supreme Court. . .the minority is irrelevant - he shouldn't have won Florida  Wink

But not going there, I do agree that it's always a good thing when criminals are captured.  Of course, I don't think anyone should have been in a position to capture Hussein in the first place, but now that the damage has been done I suppose there's no harm in his arrest.

Of course, I have just two thoughts:

1.  Napolean.  Why don't we treat captured leaders like that anymore?  Of course, he escaped, so he's a bad example, but why not exile/imprison Saddam - what good is one more life lost in an already worn-torn nation?

2.  Osama bin Laden.  Ha. . .I hope people don't elect Bush for finding Saddam, even more so when we haven't even heard a mention of this guy for a while. . .

< insert clever and original signature here >
Cossack
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

SEMPER TRANSFUEGA

« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2003, 05:11:34 am »

Its a long way till the elections, and remember Daddy bush won the Gulf War but lost the election.

BREAD LAND AND PEACE!
R.I.P Grifter
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads