*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 12:28:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Halo Ships
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Halo Ships  (Read 1296 times)
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« on: December 13, 2003, 05:44:52 am »

Time to see if it lives up to the hype...

3 year old tard cake or sexy new FPS?

Only time will tell....

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
|MP|Nomad
Forum Whore

Go Apple!!

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2003, 07:40:31 pm »

Who here is gonna pick it up?

The King of Pistoleros
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2003, 07:43:26 pm »

Me!

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
Cobra

Slap ma fro!

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2003, 03:30:41 am »

Anyone know if they're planning to release a demo?  I'd like to try it out before purchasing, since I never got to try the Xbox version...

If you don't like the way I drive, get off the damn sidewalk!
c| Hathcock

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2003, 03:44:54 pm »

I hope you have access to the Big Mac super comp over at V-Tech.  I've got a Dual 2ghz G5 w/ the 9800 and I had to turn the detail down to medium to play it smoothly.  It's highest resolution is also 1300 by something.  It will go completely full screen on my 20" CD but it makes the action really close so itrying to butt stroke some Covenant bitch is tough when your turning all over the place.

To be positive though its fun as hell and I find the graphics really nice even on the medium settings.  It's a much better game using a mouse and keyboard than some damn X-Box controller too.  Hopefully a good patch will cure it's ills.
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2003, 09:04:54 pm »

Is the vehicle system similar to xbox? I'd much rather be driving the vehicles with a controller than a keyboard and mouse.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
alaric
Forum Whore

What good is life if you don't have freedom?

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2003, 10:25:12 pm »

I've also got a Dual 2ghz G5 with a 9800 Pro and I have everything turned all the way up (screen 1280/1024) and I've had no problems whatsoever. One small issue was the fullscreen anti aliasing, don't turn it on. It didn't make me lag, it just made the textures not load properly.

Some general comments about the game:

Graphics: nice, but AA2s are better. AA2s textures are more realistic, less UT-like.

Gameplay: boring. unless you like predictable maps and repetitive gameplay, this game will suck for you. It has no option for multiplayer campaigns which eliminates any fun this game might have been.

Weapons: I didn't care for them, but at least this engine has accurate clipping (you can shoot between the slats in the shields).

Story: There's a story? I thought I was just supposed to wander around and kill aliens.

Summary: This game sucks, don't bother with it. Get RvS instead.

"I would rather have incompetence and abuse of power than a group of people who want to bow down to the French and the United Nations." - BTs Ghostsniper, June 17, 2004, 01:44:16 PM
*DAMN Elandrion
Global Moderator
Forum Whore

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2003, 11:32:56 pm »

hmm after an 10-hours playing marathon, the final conclusion: it could have been better. This was not what I expected. Although I knew that the indoor levels would all look the same from the xbox version, I didn't expect to run around underground or inside the two ships that long.

Concerning the story: the story is quite good, although a little shallow. I like the different characters, like the ship's AI, and especially the small roboter which is floating around in the forerunner's installation.

on my TiBook 1GHz with Radeon 9000, I had to run the game at 896x600 with everything on medium or low, and without vertex shader to get decent performance indoors. Outdoors there still were low fps.

Conclusion: a nice FPS, but the single player part could have been better. I didn't try playing multiplayer games.

summary: doesn't suck, but get elite force 2 additionally.

*DAMN Elandrion - another *DAMN Austrian!
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2003, 06:17:28 am »

Ok, 1GHZ 15.2" TiBook, 1GB RAM, 64MB ATI Radeon 9000.

My framerates aren't great, but they're playable if I have the graphics turned way down.

I just played about 2 hours, on Vood's host, with Voods, Cringe, Myst and Bucc. It kicked some royal ass. A bit of lag, but great fun.

Nothing beats vehicles. Sorry, but that's just unbeatable. The graphics are fantastic, and the game play is great.

I'll be buying this game as soon as I get some money. 5 stars straight across. This kicks ass.  

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
kos.viper
Forum Whore

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2003, 06:54:28 am »

I ran out yesterday and bought it and I haven't had any problems with the game so far.  I'm running it on a 17" PB 1GHz G4 with 1GB of DDR RAM.  Frames rates seem to be at or above 40, the only time FPS have dropped considerably so far is during a rockets only CTF match and close combat with assault rifles.

Resolution: 1024x640
Framerate: VSync (what do you guys recommend?)
Decals: No
Particles: High
Texture Quality: High

kos.viper
Xbox LIVE Gamertag: Brain 7
The box said "requires Windows 98 or better"... so I bought a Mac.
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2003, 10:17:09 am »

Bucc says it runs great on his NVIDIA GeForce MX - the 32MB model.

I thought that perhaps my problem was processor, seeing as it's only a 1GHZ G4, so I threw it on my dad's Dual 1.25, 1.5GB RAM, ATI 9000 Pro, same problem. Pretty shitty framerates. I'll throw my GF4 Ti back in there just for the sake of testing things - my guess is that it likes NVIDIAs.

Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

i heart ghostsniper's austrian wife

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2003, 07:15:31 pm »

Well i was gonna write something detailed up on the MP site, but i'll probably do that later.
After running timedemo several times here are some results...
1600mhz G4, radion 9600, 1.2gigs of ram.

On Defaults i averaged...
Total Time=189.29s
Average frame rate=24.83fps
Below  5fps= 7% (time)  0% (frames) (14.118s spent in 12 frames)
Below 10fps= 8% (time)  0% (frames)
Below 15fps= 21% (time)  7% (frames)
Below 20fps= 37% (time)  19% (frames)
Below 25fps= 54% (time)  34% (frames)
Below 30fps= 77% (time)  59% (frames)
Below 40fps= 89% (time)  76% (frames)
Below 50fps= 94% (time)  85% (frames)
Below 60fps= 97% (time)  91% (frames)
With 2x FSAA on (works fine on my radion 9600)
Total Time=209.20s
Average frame rate=22.47fps
Below  5fps= 2% (time)  0% (frames) (4.782s spent in 10 frames)
Below 10fps= 3% (time)  0% (frames)
Below 15fps= 27% (time)  14% (frames)
Below 20fps= 46% (time)  28% (frames)
Below 25fps= 72% (time)  54% (frames)
Below 30fps= 85% (time)  69% (frames)
Below 40fps= 92% (time)  79% (frames)
Below 50fps= 94% (time)  85% (frames)
Below 60fps= 97% (time)  92% (frames)
with 1024x768 and FSAA 2x
Total Time=283.58s
Average frame rate=16.57fps
Below  5fps= 1% (time)  0% (frames) (5.040s spent in 10 frames)
Below 10fps= 21% (time)  8% (frames)
Below 15fps= 44% (time)  25% (frames)
Below 20fps= 76% (time)  58% (frames)
Below 25fps= 89% (time)  75% (frames)
Below 30fps= 92% (time)  79% (frames)
Below 40fps= 96% (time)  89% (frames)
Below 50fps= 98% (time)  92% (frames)
Below 60fps= 98% (time)  94% (frames)

The timedemo puts more strain on the computer than in game... In game i seem to average about 15-20fps higher than the timedemo stats.
You can see your fps in game by enabling the console, then hitting ` and typing "rasterizer_fps true"

btw, i'll agree with anyone who says "bad port" because of the fact that expose works in game. It kinda sucks when you have to reconfigure your shit because a mouse button is the expose hotkey. Also how many fucking logos can they display during the game launch.

btw #2, if you remove the bungie.mov, gearbox.mov,MSWI_Logo.mov and mgs.mov from the movies folder, you won't have to deal with hitting the escape key 7,000 times when you launch the game.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2003, 07:33:11 pm by Jeb » Logged

No sig pics please! - Mauti
Next time you get a ban, Jeb.
|?K|*R@p1d*: i mean, i'm like the worst rs player ever
Cobra

Slap ma fro!

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2003, 08:49:38 pm »

btw, i'll agree with anyone who says "bad port"
Same goes for the PC side, it seems.

expose works in game.
It does?!  Hmm...freaky...

Hope a demo comes out soon, sounds like it's pretty fun despite some lackluster performance.

If you don't like the way I drive, get off the damn sidewalk!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads