*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 10:33:03 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  e?e set to inactive
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: e?e set to inactive  (Read 3665 times)
Ross Koepke =)
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2003, 06:16:13 am »

congratulations, you just took the one remaining american on this board who didn't hate your stinking egotistical high minded, culturally crass ways and alienated him.

No he didn't. I'm still here. I don't think we can, in true fairness, let one person, or one small group of people represent a whole country to us. I can only dream, I can only hope, that many of you would agree that out of the other 60 million men, women, and children in France, at least a few million are good and I'm sure, extremely respectful and kind. How many of you could at least accept this as a possibility
Noto
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2003, 08:05:38 am »

I hate to join in on such |MP| vs. e?e fun, but I just have to.  It's my duty as an American and as a European Union citizen living abroad (I have dual-citizenship with the U.S.A. and the Republic of Ireland, in case any of you were wondering).

...Its not bashing americans, i was talking about the Irak war: the americans dont like the french since that time, and they have an "excuse" to bash them... ...You're pathetic...

I believe the french (notice, no capitalization Wink ) bashing and strong dislike onf the french started waaaaaaaaay before the war in Iraq.  From my own experiences living in Europe, a bunch of folks there don't really fancy the french either.  Wars had nothing to do with it.  Especially since the french haven't "participated" in a war since the the first world war.

Now on to more poppy-cock!

i don't believe bob owes an apology, unless he gets one in return.

Huh  Are you kidding me?  I believe much of this actually started in the game rooms of GR and GhR.  I might add that it mostly from the ignorance and immaturity of some of the e?e players on the |MP| servers.  Everything else trickled over here eventually.  Either way, |MP| isn't the only clan that has or has had problems with e?e.  G??nk and bob, specifically, enjoy instigating these virtual riots.

i seem to remember the french bashing began a while before he posted something about americans.

french bashing has been around since france became an autonomous nation.  I mean, who are you really trying to fool?  Everyone know that france has been treating like the armpit of Europe.  It's kind of like how Americans treat the State of New Jersey like the Armpit of the U.S.  Very similiar... just not as much gold.  Both of the accents could be dropped though.

last i checked these forums weren't american,

Very true.  These forums are not American.  They are International as far as I see, and so is this league.  I believe many supporters of the *DAMN Battle League have recently pointsing out that this is not an all-Euro, or European-run league.  Those discussions came about when there was talk about creating a new league.

so bob i hope that you reconsider your choice in setting your clan to inactive.

If bob reconsiders his choice of inactivity, I hope it's not based upon the location of the league's webmaster (Europe).  If he decides to come back, let him come back to play against everyone.  By the way, the "American" clans aren't going anywhere.

what it all boils down to is you're all wrong.

Well, when you're done stroking everyone off, wipe your knees down and come up for air.  The tone of this argument isn't pretty, but I feel that |MP| has refrained as long as they can against the slanderous remarks of the clan formerly known to this league as, e?e.

stronger enforcement from moderators against personal attacks at peoples countries should be encouraged, instead of having the moderators join in the attacks.

Whoa!  Since when did the moderators become the "Political Correctness" police?  Hopefully, your mothers raised you to behave in public.  I don't think there's anything an moderator can really do.  Don't ask for deletions either.  Free speech isn't just for Americans.  As far as I can tell, free speech is for anyone that isn't a coward.  Therefore, deletions are quite out of the question, and so are policing actions.

no country is better then another.

Bullshit.  There are some pretty pitiful countries out there.  I believe slavery has been outlawed in most countries.  Although public abuse against women is rampant as always.  I don't believe you will find anything like that in the U.S., at least not any longer (140 or so years).  Some countries not only have this within their borders, but they also condone it.  By the way, hacking off the arms of a child that refuses to mine for diamonds doesn't rank too high on my "all countries are equal" list.

In closing, if you are going to post, at least do so in a more... well... nevermind.  You wouldn't listen anyway.

.::|N| Noto
e?e G??nk

Allah wakbar

« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2003, 09:38:42 am »

just to say I am not "trolling" the forum, I read your answers but won't participate in the debate much.
I didn't talk about Americans bashing France. I just talked about French beeing bashed by others.
I like USA indeed although I've never been there. I wish I could.
So Americans, accept my apologies if you felt offended. That was not the aim of this thread. Of course not.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2003, 09:41:57 am by e?e G??nk » Logged

Battle League is boring
Noto
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2003, 10:25:25 am »

Thanks for your apology G??nk.  I also apologize if anyone truly felt offended by my comments.  I only posted to give a non-|MP| / non-e?e point of view, and I felt my posts were constructive for the most part.

TRIBE_Horda

www.tribeclan.fr.st

« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2003, 01:52:59 pm »

e?e  u aint missing  much

look what became Ghr and GR and DAM bl  Shocked

----[TRIBE]Clan----
http://www.tribeclan.fr.st
ghost.fr

http://monks.4yu.fr

« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2003, 02:46:06 pm »

"Le r?le du marquis de La Fayette dans l'histoire de l'ind?pendance am?ricaine avait ?t? consacr?e de longue date ? Washington par un square portant son nom, avec au centre sa statue ?questre, devant la Maison Blanche."

"... les n?gociations qui suivirent aboutirent, le 3 septembre 1783, au trait? de paix de Versailles. Acte de naissance officiel des Etats-Unis, ce trait? est aussi le symbole de l?amiti? franco-americaine."

http://www.info-france-usa.org/fr/actu/statmnts/2002/lafayette080802.asp
Noto
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2003, 02:59:46 pm »

I think this sums it all up...

http://en2.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-French_sentiment_in_the_United_States

.::|N| DIESEL

« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2003, 03:06:38 pm »

Just like Horda isnt missed much... Wait-- Your not missed at all!  Shocked
« Last Edit: December 12, 2003, 03:15:38 pm by .::|N| DIESEL » Logged

_D
"I'm #1 so why try harder."
Noto- "I'm sorry The .::|N|etwork isn't there to pump up the season like we have in the past.  You'll just have to wait for your shot next season."
BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2003, 08:05:52 pm »

Ah, the only thing I have left to say about this matter is a quote from Grifter from September 17, 2001:

"If a dumbass were to storm out of the Battle League shouting that he wasn't coming back....... would anyone care?"

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
Cutter

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2003, 08:24:44 pm »

good link noto, but they left out the thing that most gets me goin about the french.

In 1966, upon being told that Charles DeGaulle had taken France out of NATO and that all U.S. troops must be evacuated off of French soil, President Lyndon Johnson told Secretary of State Dean Rusk, "Ask him about the cemeteries Dean!" So at end of the meeting Rusk did ask DeGaulle if his order to remove all U.S. troops from French soil also included the 60,000+ soldiers buried in France from World War I and World War II. DeGaulle never answered. To this day, France is not a part of the NATO military structure, only the political.

There are 11 American cemeteries in France maintained by the US government honoring 66,033 Americans killed fighting for France against Germany. They are as follows:

*   Aisne-Marne Cemetery: 3,349 Americans killed
*   Somme Cemetery: 2,177 Americans killed
*   Brittany Cemetery: 4,908 Americans killed
*   Oise-Aisne Cemetery: 6,253 Americans killed
*   Epinal Cemetery: 5,679 Americans killed
*   Rhone Dragungnan Cemetery: 1,155 Americans killed
*   Lorraine Cemetery: 10,933 Americans killed
*   Meuse-Argonne Cemetery: 15,200 Americans killed
*   St. Mihiel Cemetery: 4,437 Americans killed
*   Suresnes Cemetery: 998 Americans killed
*   Normandy Cemetery: 10,944 Americans killed

Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn.
TRIBE_Horda

www.tribeclan.fr.st

« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2003, 12:51:40 am »

killed fighting for France against Germany

lol
came to grab more  aeras but ran away versus the mighty  red army

----[TRIBE]Clan----
http://www.tribeclan.fr.st
e?e G??nk

Allah wakbar

« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2003, 01:01:04 am »

yes, France was not the only reason for americans to fight but France was happy that US G.I.s came of course and, well... I wish none of the US soldiers died during the WWII but that's not the question in that forum.

By the way, we still find tons of your US "freedom bombs" every year in France nowadays.
We even find WW I bombs. We stock them. One day we're going to give them back to you I hope...

Battle League is boring
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2003, 01:39:44 am »

Woah Brain, dude that is low. That is very very very low.

our country had never liberated you from the germans or assisted in rebuilding your shit hole of a country at all. perhaps it would better if you had to pull your own asses out of the wreckage of WW2, maybe then you would learn how to hold your tongue

Erm perhaps some of you should shut the fuck up about this, there are a lot of people who say a whole lot of bullshit about a whole lot of crap. In what possition is ANY american to insult the French?

For those of you americans who think that you won WW2 i have a bit of a surprise for you... Its bull shit. for all your films that make you out as the defenders of democracy and the sole victors of that bloody war, the decifers of the enigma code etc its bullshit. in case you hadn't noticed it was a WORLD war not  America v germany.

Of course America joining the war against Germany, italy and Japan  had an imense effect. But perhaps the most arrogant and small minded of you that believe you are the centre of the world should try reading a History book not made in america. It might have a slightly larger dose of reality in it

My grandparents did not die defending countrys like france for ignorant and arrognat shit heads like some of you to slag of france and other 'non american' countrys.

You disgust me, i actually feel physically sick even thinking that the world has come to such a state where people can behave like this.

believe me, there is little dislike for the french in Europe, in fact in many ways they are thought very highly off for sticking up against Bush as hey bullied and pushed his way with the the UN in the run up to the Iraqi war.

I think very little of some of Chirac's behaviour and reputation in the past, but do not  steriotype a country for the actions of its government.. .Just like i try not to steriotype americans compaired to the ape of a president that govens you.

Do you know how bush described the french? "Stinky Cheese Eating Squarehead peace nazis". omg about 50% (well it was rigged lets face it) of you guys actually voted for this raving fanatical christian fundamentalist?

Physically bloody sick

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

Respect: The most important thing you'll ever earn

« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2003, 03:34:11 am »

hey bfg, look around  i challenge you to find one culturally derogatory comment i made towards the french until they stabbed me in the back for trying to put out flame wars for their sake.  i hold honor in he highest regard, and the continued ungrateful actions of these people have placed them beneath the level of scum. that means that i hold no qualms about going as low as i need to to or using what ever tactics necesary express the immense, ineffable and unbridled hatred i have towards them now.  hatred that they have brought upon themselves

i therefore make no apologies about my words for they were aimed at people who i shall from no on consider beneath my notice. i am not, bush. i am not america. i am me. dont EVER try to draw any lines between those 3 things again

"Engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance."  Dr. A. R. Dykes -1976
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2003, 04:23:39 am »

But perhaps the most arrogant and small minded of you that believe you are the centre of the world should try reading a History book not made in america. It might have a slightly larger dose of reality in it

Yeah, revisionist history is great, isn't it BFG.  Look at the history books in Japan right about now.  No mention of Perl Harbor, or the death camps in China, just talk about American aggression and getting hit by A-Bombs.

The problems between France and the USA started right after WW2, not just recently BFG.  

Also, come to one of my meetings with me next time I'm in the UK.  Let's see how well the Germans and Brits interact there, because I have many times, and let me tell you, there is still quite a bit of animosity between old Brit's and old Germans.  

But hey, I agree, the USA didn't win WW2 all on it's lonesome, and I've never implied that it had.  But don't forget that not only did the Americans die on French soil, but how many Americans did the French kill on D-Day, defending the beaches with the Nazis?  And don't tell me you missed that in your history books over there, did you?  Doh.  

Oh, I also know it was the Brits that captured the enigma machines first, Canadians and Americans captured some later models.  

Oh, and BFG, you've been pretty low yourself.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Screw the pussy isolationists and their shortsightedness - Buccaneer
e?e G??nk

Allah wakbar

« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2003, 09:24:27 pm »

But don't forget that not only did the Americans die on French soil, but how many Americans did the French kill on D-Day, defending the beaches with the Nazis?
And how many french were team-killed by US bombs? Is it written in your history book? because here guess it is and will be.

Battle League is boring
Noto
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2003, 09:44:51 pm »

[grade-school-singing-voice] This is the thread that never ends... yes it goes on and on my friends... as it draws nearer to the end... it won't because we can't be friends... so I leave here with this song... I hope you ladies get along... [/grade-school-singing-voice]

P.S.  Song is to be sung to the tune of "The Song That Never Ends".
bronto
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2003, 11:30:10 pm »

i got a song too

Noto is a faaaaaaag
KoS Ultimo
Forum Whore

« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2003, 11:32:07 pm »

good song bronto

Clan +-KoS-+ 6/26/01 - present

*DAMN BL Season 1 & 2 Rouge Spear Champions
Noto
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2003, 12:46:10 am »

Man... dissed by teenagers again.  Especially ones from Long Island. lol

I've got a nifty song for Ultimo as well.

Something about you and bronto hanging out at Fire Island.

Hmm... I seemed to have forgotten the words... I'm sure soap was involved though.

P.S.  Either of you hOmO's live near Mineola or Bay Shore?
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads