*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 08:28:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Why i cant see a post about Netfon and GR ....  (Read 3286 times)
ghost.fr
« on: December 11, 2003, 09:43:17 am »

Why i cant see a post about Netfon and GR, why is the comunity so indiferrent with what evill is doing.

dont u see there is less and less CBs also because there is no way to use netfone or KDX anymore

And also if there is a way, why is none taking position and regrouping to fight against this consumer attack, against this new spyware that has become GR!!!!

I claim loud and clear that this program has become a spyware and I do it on every place i can (version tracker for one, and email to haxial, and ubisoft)

* doesnt allow netfon or kdx to work
* doesnt allow the use of GHR (doesnt start if multisession is on)
... and more things

I can say all that cause i have all the license, cause i paid for all of them and because i'm a premium user that is not happy with what is appening, and has a good customer i take all the rights I have to complain.

Hope the comunity will come up with something that will put some good thaught in Evill mind!! ;-)

ghost upset
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2003, 10:25:15 am »

Why i cant see a post about Netfon and GR, why is the comunity so indiferrent with what evill is doing.

Must be because you aren't looking hard enough.  There were a bunch of posts about it.

And the community isn't indifferent, but many of us just understand that it's his and he has a right to do it.

Especially the way he's gone about it now.  Now, you just can't launch the game.  So it's not quitting KDX, it's just telling you that you can't launch a game using his service if you are using a voice chat application.  This is completely within his rights.

dont u see there is less and less CBs also because there is no way to use netfone or KDX anymore

Don't see that at all, especially because most of the clans I know have many premium members, so they can use them just fine.

And also if there is a way, why is none taking position and regrouping to fight against this consumer attack, against this new spyware that has become GR!!!!

What consumer attack?  Did you pay for something and now he's taken it away?  Don't think you paid for GR, so this can't be the case.  Side note: if you paid for NF and not GR, than there is something wrong with you that you support a third party app to use with GR, but wont pay for GR itself.

And what spyware?  Do you know what that word means?  I do not think it means what you think it means.

I claim loud and clear that this program has become a spyware and I do it on every place i can (version tracker for one, and email to haxial, and ubisoft)

Really? I hope you make this claim with some proof, because otherwise you are not only wrong, but you are lower than dog shit.  Spyware isn't him saying his app in the free, neutered version, wont work with voice chat programs.

I can say all that cause i have all the license, cause i paid for all of them and because i'm a premium user that is not happy with what is appening, and has a good customer i take all the rights I have to complain.

If you are a premium user, than KDX and NetFone work for you.  And GhR will run even with multiple users logged in.  They all work fine for me.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Screw the pussy isolationists and their shortsightedness - Buccaneer
KGB

what's going on

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2003, 12:54:39 pm »

Well I can't launch a game when I got multiple users in panther.  It is not just KDX or Netphone he's blocking.
The business ethics are hard to find here.
He is misusing his monopoly position to make ppl pay for his service.
It's is not because the product is his product  he can do ANYTHING he wants.
He is still bound by rules and regulations.

ghost.fr
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2003, 02:45:04 pm »

buccaner how can u deffend that actions

are u a microsoft addict do u use windows?

he is now checking what is appening on ur computer, that is a spyware, he is reading what u type in private chat room that is a spyware

DO U KNOW what u talk about, i guess not

I PAID FOR PREMIUM and I DONT GET ANYTHING more than the others!!!!!!!!!!!

ALOT OF CLANS have coders, developpers and they already re master netfone so it cant be recongnised by GR and so cant be blocked and so get an advantages in CBs

THIS will creat a big problem in the finals

I will CB clans only that dont use NF since my clan that doesnt want to pay cant USE NF or KDX,

JUST tell me how much u get from evill to see if its worth betrading ur brothers in arm

AND finaly yes its an issue of the battle league u'll see it ask to more modo and u'll see
ghost.fr

http://monks.4yu.fr

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2003, 02:59:11 pm »

AND one more thing there is alot of post that belong less there than mine

but these doesnt disturbe u : like this one http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~damnr6/yabbse/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=5142

But this stays there

mine is disturbing u some way and i wonder homuch damn has some thing to do with evill sometimes!!

This issue will affect the BL league and the life time of GR and GHR
Cutter

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2003, 05:04:15 pm »

LOL Roll Eyes

Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn.
ghost.fr

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2003, 05:49:46 pm »

I know u would smil I smile 2 sometimes !!
Mr.Mellow
Official ass-kisser
Forum Whore

m00t!

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2003, 06:52:13 pm »

Evill has always been able to read what goes on in private chatrooms on GR. It's his right, he owns GameRanger after all. It helps him combat software piracy. If you want to chat privately, use AIM. You shouldn't worry about this stuff unless you're a software pirate, which I'm guessing you are, because you seem to be so worked up about not having privacy on GR. Also, I don't think he's able to check what's happening on people's computers. All GR checks for is to see if Netfone/KDX is running. Don't get your panties into a bunch.

It puts itself on ice...It puts itself on ice, or else it gets the orange juice again!

m00t, I am the Screwer of Squirming Citrus.
Cutter

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2003, 07:17:37 pm »

must be french

Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn.
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2003, 08:25:33 pm »

AND one more thing there is alot of post that belong less there than mine

but these doesnt disturbe u : like this one http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~damnr6/yabbse/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=5142

But this stays there

Only because that one was posted before I was a BL moderator Ghost.  Or I would have moved it too.  So before you go making your accusations, think about it.  I didn't delete you post, I moved it to an area where more will see and respond to it, one of the things you were looking for.

buccaner how can u deffend that actions

With a keyboard and logic, thankyouverymuch.

are u a microsoft addict do u use windows?

Nope, not that it would have anything to do with this.  Nice try though.

he is now checking what is appening on ur computer, that is a spyware, he is reading what u type in private chat room that is a spyware

Checking the active processes and not running before hand is not spyware.  Reading what goes on in chat is not spyware either.  It's called ADMINISTRATION.  Have you even ever bothered to read your terms of service?  You agreed to this, you clicked the little "yes" button, didn't you?

DO U KNOW what u talk about, i guess not

It sure seems like I know a hell of a lot more than you so far.

I PAID FOR PREMIUM and I DONT GET ANYTHING more than the others!!!!!!!!!!!

If you are on your premium account, it will allow you to use NetFone and KDX.  Since I'm premium, and my clan is almost all premium, and we all use it all the time, I think I know what I'm talking about.  Not to mention all the other premium users I've still chatted with.  Get a clue, maybe it's you that is screwing up, not Premium.

ALOT OF CLANS have coders, developpers and they already re master netfone so it cant be recongnised by GR and so cant be blocked and so get an advantages in CBs

Ghost, check my clan tag, MP probably has the biggest collection of coders in one clan.  There are work-arounds for the blocking that Evill put in, and Evill is closing them up.  

I will CB clans only that dont use NF since my clan that doesnt want to pay cant USE NF or KDX,

That's your choice.

JUST tell me how much u get from evill to see if its worth betrading ur brothers in arm

Freeloading bitches are not my brothers in arms.  

Evill has two version of GameRanger, a neutered one that people can use for free (and they should be THANKFUL FOR IT) and a full service one, that you have to pay for.  People using a service for free shouldn't be bitching about it.  If you can pay for the latest games and new enough computers to run them on, you can pay for GR.  If you have the money and chose not to, stop your bitching, you haven't paid for the right to bitch.

And Evill pays me with great customer service.  His latest change hosed up our dedicated servers, soon as he found out, he fixed it for us on the spot.  This is like the 12th time I can remember someone going to him with a problem that he addressed right away.  That's how he has earned my respect.  

And sorry, but maybe I just understand business better than you.  

Well I can't launch a game when I got multiple users in panther.  It is not just KDX or Netphone he's blocking.

The first, best work around for NetFone was to log in as another user in fast user switching, launch it and set it up, leave it running and switch back to play games.  

So the only way to stop it in the free version is to not launch games while multiple users are logged in.

The business ethics are hard to find here.

No they aren't.  Two products, a neutered free sample and a full service app that costs money.  It's a very old, very proven business model.  He's not stopping you from using other programs, he's stopping his free trial version from working with them.  What's not ethical about that?

He is misusing his monopoly position to make ppl pay for his service.

That is the goal of all business.  To have people pay, to make money.  Isn't it?  Or should I throw away my MBA now because it was worthless?  

Seriously, get a clue, he deserves to make money.  If he doesn't make money, the service eventually goes away.  You think that's a good thing?

It's is not because the product is his product  he can do ANYTHING he wants.

You even have a clue as to those "rules and regulations"?  Because I don't think so.

He's not using his products to maintain a monopoly, which would be more anti-trust related, he isn't stopping anyone here from launching their own service.  

Shit, you know the very first time that I chatted with Evill?  He jumped onto MacClans chat.  Everyone was freaked out and scared thinking that Evill would be against it, ban us all and stupid shit like that.  GR was having some network issues and we had a couple hundred visiting our chat to set up games and BS around.  Evill joined and we had a good laugh about how everyone was scared.  He didn't flex his GR muscles at me, didn't ask or tell me to shut it down.  I got the impression he thought it was a good thing to do with the situation as it was.  

So Evill isn't the Bill Gates you make him out to be.  He listens to his customers (and yes, that's "PAYING CUSTOMERS").  Well, at least the ones that make sense.  

Face it, you guys got spoiled on a free GR that was everything.  Now there are two versions.  The neutered version and the full version.  The gap between them will continue to grow.  And before you cry "he shouldn't take away from the free version, it's not right", give me a reason it's not right.  Not just that you don't want to pay for the full version to get all the features, but a real reason.

And he's not sabotaging thrid party apps, not the way it's done now.  First, they work with the full version, second, he disabled a GR joining feature, which means it's GR that gets sabotaged, not the other products.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Noto
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2003, 09:04:16 pm »

Keep in mind that he is bound by Australian laws and International laws.  Laws in the United States are much more strict when dealing with things like monopolies.

.::|N| Noto
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2003, 09:15:27 pm »

Even in the USA, he wouldn't have violated any anti-trust laws.  

The other software in question does not compete with his, and it is the "trial" or "limited" version, not the full version that is effected.  

-SW- Baz

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2003, 09:59:57 pm »

jesus, i thought bucc had enough ranting about this 3 weeks ago..

and why do you waste your time with the french? in the time it took ya to type out that one that no one read Wink i could have conquered their country... Grin

He who lives by the sword gets shot by those who don't.
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2003, 10:15:44 pm »

Nah, I type at an outrageous pace.  It only took about 5 minutes to type all that out.  And it even took Germany a few hours to take over France.

|MP|Nomad
Forum Whore

Go Apple!!

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2003, 11:59:15 pm »

Nah, I type at an outrageous pace.  It only took about 5 minutes to type all that out.  

5 MINUTES!!  Shocked Come on, no way!  Huh I say at least 10-15min.

The King of Pistoleros
ghost.fr

« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2003, 12:19:51 am »

Buccaneer thx for reply

I agree with u on some points

But when i first used GR it was not a question of trial or else, it was GR

Now if he really start to make alot of money with it and if u are so smart MBA guy why dont u make a startup that will creat the ultimate Game linker and sell to us stupid frenchy a 10euro membership so you will make money and he will start to understand what competition mean.

And i'm sure the more money he makes the more people will do the same and very fast, and then we will have the choice, personnaly i will choose the one that treat me the best!

And i dont care if he make money i hope he makes alot like me, but not that way!!
That is a loss of freedom cause now none got the choice

And no workarround are working anymore.

And if u have the word freedom in some constitution its 100% thx to the french!!

again thx to take some time buccaneer
seth
Forum Whore

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2003, 12:26:48 am »

ghost je sais pas si tu comprends pas bien l'anglais, mai st'es en train de te faire bacher par buccanier et compagnie ! En plus tu le remercie, ca c'est fort Wink

OMG another 4 years !!!
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2003, 12:35:12 am »

Now if he really start to make alot of money with it and if u are so smart MBA guy why dont u make a startup that will creat the ultimate Game linker and sell to us stupid frenchy a 10euro membership so you will make money and he will start to understand what competition mean.

That's part of the problem Ghost, he's not making a bunch of money from it.  If he were, he probably woudn't be pushing as hard as he is, would he?

And i'm sure the more money he makes the more people will do the same and very fast, and then we will have the choice, personnaly i will choose the one that treat me the best!

And if he were making a bunch of money off us, I'm sure there would be competition.  And competition in business is a good thing.  It would make sure we had options, and that prices were fair.  Not that I think 10 euros is a fair price, I don't think charging as much for GR as one new game costs is unfair myself.

And i dont care if he make money i hope he makes alot like me, but not that way!!
That is a loss of freedom cause now none got the choice

It's not a loss of freedom, because there wasn't a change in the options you had.  You could use GR, or you could use one of the others like MaG that are not used much at all.  You still have those options.

And no workarround are working anymore.

Yes, one is.  The "not using GR to host your games" workaround still works fine.  Chat with people on GR, give them the IP and let everyone IP join.  Nobody is forcing you to use GR at all.  Nobody is forcing you to use the key feature of joining games through GR.  You can always work around those issues.

The problem is, people want everything for nothing.

And if u have the word freedom in some constitution its 100% thx to the french!!

Not true, and do you really want to turn this into another France vs the USA thread?

Oh, Bob, I think he is understanding just fine, so fuck off.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2003, 12:36:48 am by Buccaneer » Logged

[MAX]\'s pmeur
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2003, 02:54:00 am »

And it even took Germany a few hours to take over France.

I don't like this from a BL staff member. If you thing american are superior as the rest of the world, you're on the bad way. This sort of contributions are making american unpopular in europe and in the world. American people should pay attention to this.
Mr.Mellow
Official ass-kisser
Forum Whore

m00t!

« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2003, 04:37:36 am »

You people who are using Premium GR without paying make me sick. No, I'm not on Premium, but just because I can't afford it, I don't go and steal his hard-earned work. Stupid bastards. Honestly, that is so fucking cheap. Ugh. It makes me so mad. Blah. Get a life, or pay for premium. Don't do that shit.

It puts itself on ice...It puts itself on ice, or else it gets the orange juice again!

m00t, I am the Screwer of Squirming Citrus.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads