*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 04:17:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What addons should I stock up on for RvS??  (Read 1511 times)
the oNe
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2003, 02:45:20 am »

I need to do "Operate on my iMac" game...first I need to do a processor transplant, then a video card transplant, than a ram transplant.

New product=still old 400mhz G3 iMac =-(
Ace
Resident Ass
God bless the freaks

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2003, 09:22:56 pm »

Don't forget that for old men like me and GhostSniper, the laws were a bit different too.  Here I didn't have to have a permit for more then 30 days before I got my license, and you could get it as early as 14 with parents permission back then.  Getting insurance would have royally sucked for a 14 year old, and I'm not saying it was a better system, just different.

At 15 I worked as a lifeguard, making $8/hour (and minimum wage was $3.35 back then).  I could work as many hours a week as I wanted in the summer, and only 18 a week in the winter.  It was still easy money for no work at all.

Man, do I feel old now. After reading that first line of Bucc's, I thought to myself "Back in my day under the old California laws, we only need a permit for 30 days." I guess this makes Loth and I old farts.

As for getting a job, it's a royal pain in the ass for some teenagers to get a job. I never had the time for anything more than a small 10-15 hour/week job during the summer. During the school year it was impossible between school, 2-3 practices a day, and having a life. Over the summer with 4 practices a day but no school I could squeeze in a few swim lessons, but that was it.

And GhostSniper, get off your high horse. Nobody cares that you say you have a nice paying job. Frankly, nobody cares much about you around here.

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2003, 11:42:54 pm »

Don't forget that for old men like me and GhostSniper, the laws were a bit different too.  Here I didn't have to have a permit for more then 30 days before I got my license, and you could get it as early as 14 with parents permission back then.  Getting insurance would have royally sucked for a 14 year old, and I'm not saying it was a better system, just different.

At 15 I worked as a lifeguard, making $8/hour (and minimum wage was $3.35 back then).  I could work as many hours a week as I wanted in the summer, and only 18 a week in the winter.  It was still easy money for no work at all.

Man, do I feel old now. After reading that first line of Bucc's, I thought to myself "Back in my day under the old California laws, we only need a permit for 30 days." I guess this makes Loth and I old farts.

As for getting a job, it's a royal pain in the ass for some teenagers to get a job. I never had the time for anything more than a small 10-15 hour/week job during the summer. During the school year it was impossible between school, 2-3 practices a day, and having a life. Over the summer with 4 practices a day but no school I could squeeze in a few swim lessons, but that was it.

And GhostSniper, get off your high horse. Nobody cares that you say you have a nice paying job. Frankly, nobody cares much about you around here.

Now just where the fuck did anything about my nice paying job come up?

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
Noto
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2003, 01:15:18 am »

I still remember when minimum wage was $3.85 per hour.  I was 15 years old.  When I got my job working computers in a pharmacy at age 16 I was bumped up to $7.50 per hour.  Also, at that time in the State of Florida, I received my driver's license at 16, without a permit beforehand.  Now, if you had your permit first, for a period of something like 6 months, your insurance rates would be lower once you finally received your license, but at age 16, it's gonna be high no matter what!  Anyway, I'm still working in pharmacy.  I'm not sure what minimum wage is, but I make the maximum in my field at $22.50 per hour.  It's not as good as it sounds though.  After taxes, vacations, school, and other random stuff, at best I can bring in 30-35k per year if I were full time, which I am not.

Now, if I were to get that pesky and elusive Pharm.D degree (Doctor or Pharmacy), that brings in around $45 per hour if you break it down, or roughly 90k per year after taxes and such.  Although, most corporations fix you up with salary and stuff.

If anyone is interested, the McDonald's down the road from me is hiring at $8.50 per hour.  Not bad for slinging fries and shakes.

.::|N| Noto
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads