*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 06:32:22 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What addons should I stock up on for RvS??  (Read 1529 times)
*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

Where is the knowledge we lost with information?

« on: December 08, 2003, 09:20:18 pm »

Well I have the original iMac 17" 800 mhz. My question is  what vid card and how much memory should i pick up for Christmas to best run this game?

Thanks,

Hazard

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
~ Einstein
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2003, 09:27:28 pm »

if you have an iMac, you wont be adding a video card (unless I missed something on xlr8yourmac.com).  Max it out with memory and hope for the best.

I've also read that there will be a demo of RvS (not sure, but I've read it more than once), so I'd try that before buying it if I were you.

Oh, and always max the RAM =D.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Screw the pussy isolationists and their shortsightedness - Buccaneer
BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2003, 09:45:28 pm »

Do what I did and buy a G5.....after 5 iMacs, I'm all out on the low end Apple systems.  

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

Where is the knowledge we lost with information?

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2003, 10:15:54 pm »

Neither my parents or I have the money for a g5.

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
~ Einstein
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2003, 12:48:55 am »

Ummmmmmm, get a job?  No, I mean a really good paying job.

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

LazyCringe
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2003, 02:08:49 am »

Haz, with an imac, all you can do is max out the ram. Thats all i can do on my powerbook, but im gonna see how it plays before i invest $200 in a gig of ram (2 512mb chips)
cO.Kuza

because we call blunts bleezies

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2003, 02:15:53 am »

seriously ghost how do you think a 15 year old can get a good paying job?

p.s. I have the same comp Haz maybe we can pool our resources  Wink

is it 2008 yet?
cO.Kuza

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2003, 06:06:18 am »

Well, when I was 15 I was making around $1,000 a month.....$1,500 a month during the summer.  Now, different states have different child labor laws, and different driving ages, so you may have to wait til you are 16.....and then go deliver pizza (I averaged $50 a night in tips plus commission and hourly wages).

Jesus you make it sound like you are such an old man. "When I was 15" a classic line, And ghost its not the summer is it? no. its the winter and he needs the money asap. and were did you say you got this $1,500 job from?

is it 2008 yet?
Casper
Forum Whore

Shut it

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2003, 06:10:21 am »

where can u drive at 15?

The marines are so good they took a jeep into some Iraq village trying to get ambushed, they refueled 6 times and did everything they could to get ambushed. and didn't!
Then the same people take in a army jeep and try not to get ambushed and they do. but the marines kill them all and go home.
cO.Kuza

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2003, 06:12:48 am »

yet another good point casper

is it 2008 yet?
alaric
Forum Whore

What good is life if you don't have freedom?

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2003, 07:36:34 am »

In North Dakota you can drive at 14.

"I would rather have incompetence and abuse of power than a group of people who want to bow down to the French and the United Nations." - BTs Ghostsniper, June 17, 2004, 01:44:16 PM
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2003, 08:02:53 am »

Permit at 14, license at 16, here.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
|MP|Nomad
Forum Whore

Go Apple!!

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2003, 10:24:16 am »

Just add as much RAM as you can get.  What vid card do you have right now? Maybe the one you already have is good enough.

I would also do what Bucc said, try the Demo and see if its worth it.

The King of Pistoleros
kos.viper
Forum Whore

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2003, 01:38:56 pm »

Permit at 14, license at 16, here.

Same here.  Hazhoe will have to wait until he's 17 to even get his license.

kos.viper
Xbox LIVE Gamertag: Brain 7
The box said "requires Windows 98 or better"... so I bought a Mac.
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2003, 06:56:15 pm »

Well, when I was 15 I was making around $1,000 a month.....$1,500 a month during the summer.  Now, different states have different child labor laws, and different driving ages, so you may have to wait til you are 16.....and then go deliver pizza (I averaged $50 a night in tips plus commission and hourly wages).

Jesus you make it sound like you are such an old man. "When I was 15" a classic line, And ghost its not the summer is it? no. its the winter and he needs the money asap. and were did you say you got this $1,500 job from?

lol.....well, I am 30 so 15 was half of my life ago.....

And I worked for Pizza Hut as a delivery driver.  You can get a permit at the age of 14 and your drivers license at age 15 in the State of Mississippi (actually, I think they changed those ages here a few years back to 15 for permit, and 16 for license).

I was making about $1,000 during school months because I was only working 4 days a week.....but I was only working around 4-5 hours a night.  I made more in the summer because I worked more days.  But even at $1,000 a month, you could have a new G5 in 3 or 4 months depending on taxes.

*DAMN Elandrion
Global Moderator
Forum Whore

« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2003, 07:00:24 pm »

whats the difference between permit and licence?

*DAMN Elandrion - another *DAMN Austrian!
|MP|Nomad
Forum Whore

Go Apple!!

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2003, 07:50:00 pm »

Well, I am not there in the USA, I'm in Canada eh, but I think the diff. is what we canooks have here.  The permit would be the "365" permit (lasts 365 days hence the name) which allows you to operate a vehicle only in the presence of a fully liscenced driver (this is your training or probation period) and after the 365 days you would be allowed to take the drivers exam to revcieve a full liscence.  Am I right Yankees??

The King of Pistoleros
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2003, 08:49:55 pm »

Well, I am not there in the USA, I'm in Canada eh, but I think the diff. is what we canooks have here.  The permit would be the "365" permit (lasts 365 days hence the name) which allows you to operate a vehicle only in the presence of a fully liscenced driver (this is your training or probation period) and after the 365 days you would be allowed to take the drivers exam to revcieve a full liscence.  Am I right Yankees??

Yes, that is correct, although each state has its own rules on how long you have to have a permit before you can get a license....in some states it's 6 months, in others it's a year.

|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2003, 10:39:52 pm »

Don't forget that for old men like me and GhostSniper, the laws were a bit different too.  Here I didn't have to have a permit for more then 30 days before I got my license, and you could get it as early as 14 with parents permission back then.  Getting insurance would have royally sucked for a 14 year old, and I'm not saying it was a better system, just different.

At 15 I worked as a lifeguard, making $8/hour (and minimum wage was $3.35 back then).  I could work as many hours a week as I wanted in the summer, and only 18 a week in the winter.  It was still easy money for no work at all.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Screw the pussy isolationists and their shortsightedness - Buccaneer
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2003, 01:49:31 am »

and then there are those of us without time for a job cause we're 17 and applying to college, and trying desperatly to get our grades up and not fail at life.

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads