*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 11:36:32 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Is there a God? / Plagiarism in the forum
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Is there a God? / Plagiarism in the forum  (Read 9988 times)
elite

w00t

« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2003, 02:44:54 pm »

Elite, if there is a hell and sins send you there, then we're all burnin. Wake up. All the fun stuff in life is a sin anyways, so how bad could hell be?

Wow, in the christian faith, the Lord asks you to repent your sins and you will be forgivin.  We are all sinners, that is clear but the praying and asking for his forgiveness is what the christian faith is about.

How bad could hell be?  It is unimaginably bad.  The human mind does not have the capacity to even imagine hell because it is so terrrible.

cherrs,
elite
« Last Edit: December 04, 2003, 02:45:22 pm by elite » Logged

Peter: "Chris were going to need to get a pre-tan before the trip"
Chris: "But Dad, I heard when you get a tan, you get a skin cancer called Melanoma."
Peter: "Ahhh Thats just fancy talk for Sexified"

----Family Guy
Mr.Mellow
Official ass-kisser
Forum Whore

m00t!

« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2003, 03:28:51 pm »

I have to disagree wholeheartedly with you, Elite. Let's break this down a bit, first. Satan/Lucifer/whatever you want to call him, he rose up against God, and was banished from Heaven because of it, correct? Now, he goes around corrupting people, making them sinners,etc., so they can't get into Heaven. However, why would Satan do God's dirty work in punishing the sinners, since they hate eachother so much? Well, at least, Satan hates God. I guess God doesn't really hate anything (except people Wink ). The way I figure, Hell must be a pretty happenin' place with lots of fun. I don't see why Satan would punish someone for going up against his eternal enemy. No one who wrote the Bible went to Hell, found out what it was like, and came back. Same goes for Heaven. Anyways, just my two cents. I'm not a Satanist or anything, still believe in God, but the whole Heaven/Hell thing never made much sense to me. Anyways, if there WAS a Hell, everyone's going. Like I said earlier, most people are going against the very basics of their religion by judging others and not showing the proper respect to other religions. I doubt God will forgive everyone, especially since these people are doing it because they have the one true faith.
On a side note, I hope all televangelists go straight to Hell, if there is such a place. Faith-healers, too. Damn con-artists are using the word of the Lord to extort money from the poor.

It puts itself on ice...It puts itself on ice, or else it gets the orange juice again!

m00t, I am the Screwer of Squirming Citrus.
Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

Respect: The most important thing you'll ever earn

« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2003, 03:50:32 pm »

i'd just like to say that hell has nothing on wisconsin. that and from what i hear they are quite impressed with cell phone service agreements and are studying them to improve their contracts for selling your soul

(for those of you who cant tell this is a joke, meant to amuse people.i'd point out my views on the subject, but i  long ago realized that religion is a subject that is useless to argue over (presidential policy is another) because nobody ever gives up when beaten, and most arguments degenerate into a morass os speculative thinking supported by an acute lack of data)

"Engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance."  Dr. A. R. Dykes -1976
c| Hathcock

« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2003, 06:03:47 pm »

Good point Brain.  Kinda fun to throw about a good argument on the subject though.  And Mellow I'm with you on the hell argument.  Might be a kick ass place.  I mean, why would the forces of heaven ever advertise good things about their rival?  Do you see The Bahamas saying nice things about Cancun?  Hell no, its bad policy to make your competitor's look bad.  Pretty much only one sure fire way to end this argument though.  Let's take this to the afterlife.  See you there.
elite

w00t

« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2003, 06:31:13 pm »

And Mellow I'm with you on the hell argument.  Might be a kick ass place.

ok, have fun burning Wink

Brain where are you from in wisconsin.. I'm from there too.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2003, 06:35:53 pm by elite » Logged

Peter: "Chris were going to need to get a pre-tan before the trip"
Chris: "But Dad, I heard when you get a tan, you get a skin cancer called Melanoma."
Peter: "Ahhh Thats just fancy talk for Sexified"

----Family Guy
PLOPje

kill yourself before someone kills you

« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2003, 08:28:40 pm »

heaven looks boring if you see the church at the moment
I think I am going to blew me up at the american embassy in name of the silam I heard you get a lot of woman then

We are the next generation, we are not scared to die.
The only thing I fear is the afterlive.
Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2003, 08:30:44 pm »

The Bible says forgiveness is readily available, yes? So why bother living a holy life? Sin it up for 90 years and repent a few minutes before you kick off. Bam, saved. You're right, a forgiving and gullible god is great.

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
BTs_FahQ2

shit stinks, don't touch! drink more! beer shits!

« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2003, 10:25:30 pm »

I have to agree with Loth on his last post.  Forgiveness is only one pentance away.  So, at the gates of Heaven, exude a serious "I'm Sorry", and strut your ass right in.

Besides, Hell is described as eternal.  Well, much like most annoying things the mind has the great capability to adapt.  So, in time, (remember you have eternity), you will get used to the torture at hand and it will be no more than a pinch.  Then so on and so forth with an eternity of this game.  Funny though, you can be damned for eternity for not being too Holy for an average of 70yrs.  Sounds a little stupid to me.

Also, think of the sins that must not be available in Heaven, but obviously available in Hell.  Orgies, sex with any women you choose, drugs, booze, the metric system, motorcycles, smurfs, las vegas and all the other shit looked down upon by the church.  Hell, even Jim Morrison and Frank Sinatra would surely be there.

I got my bags packed.

Viva Tijuana
« Last Edit: December 04, 2003, 10:26:33 pm by BTs_FahQ2 » Logged

"Forgiveness is between you and your God, My job is to help arrange the meeting."
www.rmgraphix.com
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2003, 10:41:09 pm »

im sorry loth, i dont think its that easy, and i dont think god is that dumb. the repentence has to come from your soul, you have to realize your evills(double L intentional) and repent them. if you count on last minute insincere repentence, and then skipping giggling into heaven...i believe youll be sorely mistaken. as to hell, maybe it was constructed to try to show some jaded individuals that in the end, justice, ultimate justice does exist. for again, if hell didnt exist, if that promise of punishment did not exist, why not do it?

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

i heart ghostsniper's austrian wife

« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2003, 10:52:51 pm »

Not only can it be shown that religious beliefs lack rational support, but that they are positively irrational, that the several parts of the essential theological doctrine are inconsistent with one another, so that the theologian ... must be prepared to believe, not merely what cannot be proved, but what can be disproved from other beliefs that he also holds
-J.L. Mackie

Rather than talking about an omnipotent God, the topic is about a God, or a Creator of everything.
The idea of something starting a chain reaction, or the chain reaction being infinite. You can logically prove that something started everything (god), or that nothing started everything.

As an atheist i can accept both the possibilities, since neither can be proven. Resulting in the argument being pointless.
To quote Cossack's Great Grandfather  Wink
"religion is the opiate of the people" -Karl Marx

and a dumb little religious joke
What would the world be like without women?Huh?
Perfect, we'd still be in eden.

No sig pics please! - Mauti
Next time you get a ban, Jeb.
|?K|*R@p1d*: i mean, i'm like the worst rs player ever
Acri

I swat flies with a hammer. Redundant?

« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2003, 12:07:14 am »

Since most of you are so uninformed, I doubt this will come anywhere soon:)

Quick question:
Why WOULDN'T an almighty god create wars? Where does it say he hates war? God is Good means he loves you as a person. Doesnt mean he doesnt mind you dying.

Me = catholic

And further more... what the... Oh my god! You sunk Portugal!
c| Spetsnaz.
*DAMN Supporter

American Anarchist.

« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2003, 12:28:33 am »

Acri, your blatant superiority complex is sickening, perhaps you could enlighten some of us with your enhanced knowledge of the subject. Im quite "uniformed" but it was my inclination that God does not condone the murder of fellow man, which is the basis of war. If God condones murder, it further reiterates my point that religion is a blight on mankind.  

"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
 ~Voltaire

"Politics is the womb in which war develops."
~Carl P. G. von Clausewitz
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2003, 12:35:16 am »

if religon is such a "blight" as you say, why has some form of worship existed since the start of the human race? i know that you might be pessemistic, but you cannot tell me that we couldnt have figured it out after all these thousands of years. the fact that religon is still a powerful force in our world demonstrates how it is a positive thing

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
c| Spetsnaz.
*DAMN Supporter

American Anarchist.

« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2003, 12:48:20 am »

I fail to see your logic. Perhaps, im too much of a laymen. The fact that its a powerful force makes it a positive thing? I think not. This increases its ability to be used in the wrong way. Societies have been manipulated through religion on countless occasions, with horrific results.

"Any system of religion that has anything in it that shocks the mind of a child, cannot be a true system." - Thomas Paine
« Last Edit: December 05, 2003, 01:15:23 am by Spetsnaz. » Logged

"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
 ~Voltaire

Mr.Mellow
Official ass-kisser
Forum Whore

m00t!

« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2003, 01:10:41 am »

Just remember, murder and violence have been around just as long as religion. I don't see those as a positive thing, yet they bring more personal benefits than religion. Kill another caveman for his food, get to eat for another week, etc. Kill off another tribe of cavemen, and steal their homes, and you stay warm for the winter.
Anyways. I have nothing against God or believing in God(s). However, religion is just another way of controlling people and extorting the weak. I doubt God is very happy with how things have turned out. Remember, you don't have to go to Church to be a believer.

It puts itself on ice...It puts itself on ice, or else it gets the orange juice again!

m00t, I am the Screwer of Squirming Citrus.
Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

Respect: The most important thing you'll ever earn

« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2003, 02:51:23 am »

Brain where are you from in wisconsin.. I'm from there too.

45 min SW of Milwaukee on i 43

happy now ghostsniper?  dont make me spam you till you glow

Wink
« Last Edit: December 05, 2003, 07:14:18 pm by Brain » Logged

"Engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance."  Dr. A. R. Dykes -1976
BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2003, 03:17:04 am »

OMG!!!  YOU'RE NOT BRAIN....YOU DIDN'T POST IN GREEN!  Quick, somebody SHOOT the imposter!!!

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
bronto
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2003, 03:57:15 am »

http://objective.jesussave.us/kidz.html
religion gone wrong..
Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

i heart ghostsniper's austrian wife

« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2003, 04:18:46 am »

here is religion gone wrong

i can't believe people are that serious.

No sig pics please! - Mauti
Next time you get a ban, Jeb.
|?K|*R@p1d*: i mean, i'm like the worst rs player ever
c| Spetsnaz.
*DAMN Supporter

American Anarchist.

« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2003, 04:29:10 am »

Bronto, I could not agree more. A childs mind is easily so easily tainted. It is quite sad to see free thought struck down from the mind of a child before it even has a chance to grow. I thought this was especailly poingant: There's a picture of "Mr.Gruff" the atheist, whom is a cartoon goat, the following is for young children to see:

If you find an Atheist in your neighborhood,
TELL A PARENT OR PASTOR RIGHT AWAY!
You may be moved to try and witness to
these poor lost souls yourself, however
AVOID TALKING TO THEM!
Atheists are often very grumpy and bitter and will lash out at children or they may even try to trick you into neglecting God's Word.
Very advanced witnessing techniques are needed for these grouches. Let the adults handle them.

That site practically made me sick.

~Voltaire

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads