*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2024, 10:38:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Ghost Recon 2?
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ghost Recon 2?  (Read 1823 times)
Cossack
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

SEMPER TRANSFUEGA

« on: November 23, 2003, 05:37:44 pm »

http://forum.pcvsconsole.com/viewthread.php?tid=4741

I am sure you all predicted there would be a Ghost Recon 2, but according to this thread and some others there is already one (or soon to be) in development.

BREAD LAND AND PEACE!
R.I.P Grifter
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2003, 06:18:03 pm »

Why would anyone possibly want a 2nd GhostRecon? Later games in series always just get slower gameplay....God forbid there be a Ghost Recon 2.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2003, 08:26:59 pm »

Yeah Ubi soft annoced it way back... but people wern't sure the time scale for development i don't think or the platforms...

why would we want a GhR 2? Heh, new increable Graphics engine, deformable terrain, and resolution to glitching issues, addictions of vehicals, new weapons, kits, all sorts. There are loads of topics around with suggestions for addictions.. Id love to see new maps about x4 in size and with seriouse vegatitation... More grass to hide in, bush's you can lie in not behind, higher foliage - What IT really should have been - not maps that look like a army of ravenouse rabbits have been let loose on! Wink

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Blitz

Pride and dignity mean nothing on the battlefield!

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2003, 09:14:00 pm »

I love to see a Ghost Recon 2!  It would allow mac and pc players verse each other, and mac players will win... Anywho, I would like to commandeer a vehicle! Driving a round.. and... ooh baby!

Blitz Cool

I WILL EAT YOUR SOUL!!!!! RRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2003, 09:50:52 pm »

BFG, if you want that I don't know what to say.

Blitz: In all recent Ubi games there has been no Mac-PC compadibility, I would dare to say a game already in developement wouldn't support it either.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2003, 09:51:57 pm by |?K| Mysterio » Logged

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Blitz

Pride and dignity mean nothing on the battlefield!

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2003, 10:11:27 pm »

You are such a pessimist!

Blitz Cool

I WILL EAT YOUR SOUL!!!!! RRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2003, 10:43:23 pm »

GhR 2 wOOt!!!

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2003, 12:12:41 am »

Ghost Recon allows cross-platform play.

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

Respect: The most important thing you'll ever earn

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2003, 04:01:39 am »

i would love deformable terrain...it means that the barret could shoot through trees, and carrs, and thin concrete walls...
ooh, think of the possibilities

that, and tank busters would be awesome on maps like bridge.   tired of hiolding the bridge, just blow it to hell
 heh heh heh

"Engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance."  Dr. A. R. Dykes -1976
Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2003, 06:09:27 am »

I think that calls for a movie quote. "This is an .88 magnum. It shoots through schools."

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
=wL= Femme

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2003, 06:18:53 am »

I'll take one of those, please.

Men have a much better time of it than women: for one thing they marry later; for another thing they die earlier.
 - H.L. Mencken
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2003, 05:42:28 pm »

lol. yuk. not schools. bad imagry. oh dear.

Ahh i have found another fan of deformable terrain? woot brain Wink

Mysterio - you mean you wouldn't like to see maps with more vegetaton looking less like the home of the ravaging rabbits?
if you were to have jeeps etc (or boats hehe) then you would need much larger maps anyhoo - hell we allready have them in DS and IT and its cool.. :0) love to see the Deformable terrain tech used when your GL or Rocket hits an enemy jeep... Wink big badda boom

Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

Respect: The most important thing you'll ever earn

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2003, 06:49:46 pm »

deformable terrain was the only good reason to play red faction

"Engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance."  Dr. A. R. Dykes -1976
Toxic::Joka
Forum Whore

Now available in PC flavour.

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2003, 09:01:44 pm »

Just seeing a thread called Ghost Recon 2 makes me exited, although its prob couple years away. Lets hope a miracle happens and they release it pretty much at the same time as the PC version, WOoooOOOT

Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2003, 10:02:20 pm »

Hopefully GR2's deformable terrain is not implemented like the GeoMod engine from Red Faction was. That was a very weak implementation of deformable objects, where only objects that were tagged as deformable were interactive. 'Course, it's Red Storm. I'm sure they'll find a way to make it suck even worse.

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2003, 11:33:12 pm »

Lol. well while on the subject of DT early in the development of Halo there was  much much talk about the inplementation of DT. And we're talking blowing holes through walls with tanks, craters with nades, holes with sniper rifles etc etc... But then again the halo origins were completly different - hell the first shit with the graphics engine was a 3rd Person view equivelent to Black and white... then one of the guys said "hey that would look awsome in 1st person!!!

BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2003, 03:09:04 am »

The one good thing about Ghost Recon is that it filters all the noob campers out of my fucking games.

John Lennon
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads