*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 10:28:42 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new league discussions have been dissolved.  (Read 1593 times)
Noto
« on: November 19, 2003, 08:13:19 pm »

Sorry about getting this out so late.  I meant to have this posted a few days ago.  This post can also be found on The .::|N|etwork forum where it was posted prior to this post.  

To all who have posted on this forum (.::|N|etwork) in regards to the creation of a new league:

After much consideration and conversation, there will be no further discussion on this (.::|N|etwork) forum in reference to the creation of a new league.  I have talked with many clan leaders, or their spokespersons, and have decided, with them, that the creation of a new league would not be prudent at this time, if at all.  The discussion forums that have been hosted by The .::|N|etwork thus far will be locked for a period of one week, and then will be removed.  They will remain available for viewing over the next week for those of you that are still interesting in reading the ideas of others.  However, you will not be able to reply to a post or start a new thread.  I also ask that these discussions do not bleed over to the *DAMN forums.  Consider this as the last discussion on the creation of a new league.  Below are some of the reasons, which the persons that I have had conversation with concluded, when discussing the creation of a new league:

?   The Mac community is simply too small to warrant or sustain a new league.  The fears have outweighed the dreams.  The creation of a new league would simply split the community into smaller groups.  You would have the *DAMN BL, the new league, and then all of the other people who were dismayed enough not to join either, let alone stay with one.  There would have been too many smaller groups that would not have supported two leagues in our small gaming community at this time.

?   The creation of new league was originally designed to be as democratic as possible.  As much as others have pointed out that a true democracy would have failed, many others and myself still think this idea has merit, and if designed properly, would have worked.  The point that others and myself missed was that a democracy works by using the majority of the people to make things happen.  The overall reality of the new league was that the majority of Macintosh gamers out there were not creating it.  

Here are some facts that I would like the Ghost recon / Clan community to realize.  This will also be posted on the *DAMN forums.  

The people that were in support of a new league only numbered about 42% of Ghost Recon players who participate in GameRanger.  There was a majority with the percentage of *DAMN Ghost Recon players, but was not the majority of the overall Ghost Recon / Mac community.  Many of you fail to realize that approximately 38% of the Ghost Recon players on GameRanger are not affiliated with any clan.  The ?noobs? do not know how to create a clan, nor do they really know what it?s about, and the established clans are too afraid to bring in new people into their family unless they are awesome players.  Instead of helping our community grow, we are simply turning our backs on those who do not play a game to our standards, and some of our standards are not even worth talking about.  This is one of the main reasons why a new league would not have worked.

If the community truly wants more clans, more clan battles, more ladders, more participation, or just more of everything, then all of us need to do our part in recruiting players into our clans or helping others to create clans of their own.  Keep in mind, I?m not suggesting to take in anyone like a stray animal, but keep an open mind.  We were all noobs once.  

For those of you who have clans that have numbers past 10, I am somewhat ashamed with the majority of you.  If you look through the recaps of all clan battles between clans that have more than 10 active members, only 2 of those clans would readily put any one of their members into a clan battle without flinching, let alone without question.  There are some clans who have more than 15+ members, but they refuse to let certain members CB because it?s not their ?top group? or it?s not their ?Battle Team?.  I?ll admit, The .::|N|etwork is just as guilty in concerns to this as most of the groups out there are.  

In closing, with the discussions of a new league dissolved, all of us can concentrate on bringing the *DAMN Battle League to the forefront of all the known leagues, no matter the platform.  I challenge all clans and their clan leaders to make this league thrive.  Have all of your members CB.  CB as much as possible.  If you are truly good enough to make it to the finals, then you will make it.  Don?t try to play a points game and squeeze into finals when there are probably a half dozen groups that deserve that spot more than you.  Recruit new people if you can.  Help to make the non-clan affiliated players of GameRanger a part of the *DAMN BL.  Even if you end up kicking them out of your clan later on, the probabilities that they will join another clan, or even start their own, are very high.  Again, I challenge the leaders and members of this league to help the league grow.  A handful of guys called Admins can?t do it.  A guy named Mauti can?t do it.  But I bet if the majority of the clans and clan members rallied together and put their efforts into this challenge, they would very much enjoy the fruits of their labor, and of course, Season 6.

Good luck to all in Season 6.  And remember, it?s up to all of us to make this work.

.::|N| Noto
« Last Edit: November 19, 2003, 08:38:04 pm by .::|N| Noto » Logged
Valdar

Only the best

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2003, 11:46:28 pm »

Is it me or does it seem that the current changes quite quickly? One never knows what to expect on these forums
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2003, 12:26:23 am »

This sorta stuff keeps the world go 'round. If there wasn't at least 2 very interesting or controversial topics on the DAMN forums every week, I'd be amazed.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
Valdar

Only the best

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2003, 02:05:04 am »

No, not really. You mostly have a lot of whining, flame bait, flaming, or other such foolishness. You might call it interesting if you like to be on the sidelines and laugh your ass off. There really are too few reasonable people out there.

The thing I found so interesting was that I thought Noto was a lot more dedicated to creating a new ladder. He'd probably disagree with me, but he changed from two widely different stances too easily.
.::|N| DIESEL

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2003, 02:42:54 pm »

Val-

Let it go baby.  its over.  There were a whopping total of 0 posts from you on our forum providing input for the league.  Being that its over now, LET IT GO!   Wink
« Last Edit: November 20, 2003, 02:43:34 pm by .::|N| DIESEL » Logged

_D
"I'm #1 so why try harder."
Noto- "I'm sorry The .::|N|etwork isn't there to pump up the season like we have in the past.  You'll just have to wait for your shot next season."
BTs_eight

Ka-BoOM!

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2003, 07:28:58 pm »

There is a whopping 0 posts from me also.... Due to me having alot of work to do...Yet you guys know i was in for the long haul. I am alot disapointed in the fact that one day your all gunhoe about a new ladder then the next your an admin of the same ladder you wanted to go against.

I've said it in the past... I will continue to play on DAMN... As for a new ladder? Keep your eyes peeled for the gamblers out there we got something in store for you guys...

I guess BTs is running this ladder since th last attempt fissled... and got baught out...

Sorry but these are my thoughts... thnx for reading.

*DAMN VOODOO GOT CAUGHT!
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2003, 09:02:01 pm »

Yay for eight! I hope the 1v1 and 2v2 ladder return, as well as maybe a FFA ladder, that was very fun.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
Aramarth
Forum Whore

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2003, 05:16:01 am »

Consider this as the last discussion on the creation of a new league...

Sad        Sad        Sad
hmm this forum lacks a crying icon</grmbl>

dreamers with a massive ability to imagine what "could be" like me get used to having their hopes crushed.  (yes, before you ask i do enjoy d&d)  i'm glad that this league isn't fracturing, and even more happy that most of the important changes we proposed are happening, yet there will always be that disappointment.  I guess i've got one thing left to do... Tongue

Hey, no crying face, but we have this thing: Lips Sealed?!?!?!? I dont even know what this is supposed to be!  Help! Moderator! Buccaneer! Oracle maybe... Bill Gates! Shocked Anyone!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2003, 07:28:36 pm by .::|N| Noto » Logged

The wOOt is your friend. Trust the wOOt.

The worst part of being an admin is trying to remember to color your text every time... Wink
I own the former VT supercomputer node 177 wOOt! http://www.tcf.vt.edu/
c| Ssick.Mofo
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2003, 08:43:27 am »

bah... you guys chill out.  I think Noto has thought this through very well, and has made the right decission.

turn those frowns upside down  

crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2003, 04:55:02 pm »

Definitely, eventually people would stop liking the half and half, and the whole community would fall apart, cyber-terrorism anyone?  Huh Wink

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2003, 12:43:25 am »

Guys, i think its fair to say given the fact that the discussions about a new BL have closed that things here are done and dusted.

I was never very happy about a new league which i felt would weaken the fun and games on damn but you can't shoot a guy/s for taking inititive and talking planning etc alternatives and or seeking to solve issues and problems which they belive exist.

So im gonna be a cheeky boy and close the topic. Noto's ended discussions so i think its fair that we do.

Cheers

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads