*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 01:20:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  The Complete Military History of France
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Complete Military History of France  (Read 6481 times)
Typhy
God save the Royal Whorealots

Woot

« Reply #80 on: December 02, 2003, 10:54:38 pm »

While not military, good. Wink

"I think that gay marriage is something that should be between a man and a women" - Arnold.

"As we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don't know we don't know." - Donald Rumsfield

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
westamastaflash

« Reply #81 on: December 05, 2003, 08:14:12 pm »

About pre-emptive war and why it works: http://denbeste.nu/cd_log_entries/2003/12/AletterfromTehran.shtml

As for the French, I have no problem in general with the French people or French culture. I do however, have a problem with those specific French people, just like those specific American people, who have this irrational hatred of America, characterized by an irrational hatred of G.W. Bush. I myself hold issue with many of GW's positions (particuarly on the religious issues), but from an objective standpoint, he's done what was needed to protect the US from terrorist attacks while trying to minimize human deaths and promote individualism and freedom - if we REALLY believed that just blowing the enemy up was the answer, no major islamic city would be left standing 3 days after 9-11. Peace is NOT made by signing agreements with the enemy and allowing them to walk over you, peace is made through showing the enemy that if he attacks you, you attack him right back. An excellent recent (albeit fantasy) novel by Terry Goodkind titled "Naked Empire," the latest in the excellent "Sword of Truth" series, details this flawed philosophy of never responding to force with force. This philosophy has been presented by many "great" thinkers in the past 2000 years, from Jesus Christ, Ghandi, Mendela, to our political and religious leaders today. Don't take me as a crazy follower of Ayn Rand (who presents good points, but sometimes goes too far in her soultions IMHO), but it seems to me from a thinking, intelligent standpoint, that "loving your enemy" just lets him walk all over you, and do whatever he wants to you (as Hathcock quoted earlier, the only thing needed for evil to triumph is for good to do nothing). The only thing militant extremists understand is force, because that is the only weapon they use - If their cause was just and founded in reason and intelligent thought, they wouldn't be blowing themselves up!

</rant>

PS.

About that Rummy quote Typhy - don't you see how DEEP it is? It's like something you would hear in any Philosophy 101 class!
kami
God bless the freaks

You're not a man without *NADS.

« Reply #82 on: December 07, 2003, 03:34:15 pm »

Cutter I have to disagree on a reactionary defence doomed to fail. My country (Russia) pushed out Napoleon, Hitler, and the King of Sweden when those countries invaded without a hint.There are more examples but I am too lazy to cite them.

Dude, don't bring Carolus Rex into your argument, YOU fucking ruskies started the Great Northern War TOGETHER with Prussia, Poland and Denmark, fucking gangbanging pussies.

*NADS toilet cleaner goldylocks

'There is nothing divine about morality, it is a purely human affair.' - Albert Einstein
'With soap, baptism is a good thing.' - Robert G. Ingersoll
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads