*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 03:33:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  The Complete Military History of France
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Complete Military History of France  (Read 6518 times)
Cutter

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

« Reply #60 on: November 21, 2003, 05:23:18 pm »

indeed, i rather enjoyed the post. i knew it would draw some pretty heavy fire, but hey, can't say the forums are dead! Ghostsnipers threads that have gotten the most posts in the last couple months, by far. if he was just spoutin out shit nobody would respond. remember we all live in different parts of the world, were educated differently, are different ages, and have many different opinions. these are the things that start great debate.

Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn.
c| Hathcock

« Reply #61 on: November 21, 2003, 05:52:30 pm »

The prolem here Serval is that nobody has said a single racist comment, thus your argument is baseless.  There have been some Nationalistic comments.  In fact, a whole lot of those, but that is not racism.  

And just to follow up from Ghost I include a great movie line.  See if you can name it Smiley  

"There is no racial biggotry here.  I do not look down on niggers, wamps, dikes, or greasers.  Here you are all equally worthless!"

And don't flame me for using those words, they are not in bad context and should not be inflamatory in any way.  If you feel they are than I'm sorry but you should not fear a word.
Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

i heart ghostsniper's austrian wife

« Reply #62 on: November 21, 2003, 10:59:17 pm »

your nationalishit sound racist thats my point and i dont care of your position bout nuke u r so wise hrmm
Attention french person,
http://www.google.com/language_tools
use it...
« Last Edit: November 21, 2003, 11:00:03 pm by Jeb » Logged

No sig pics please! - Mauti
Next time you get a ban, Jeb.
|?K|*R@p1d*: i mean, i'm like the worst rs player ever
*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

Where is the knowledge we lost with information?

« Reply #63 on: November 21, 2003, 11:22:52 pm »

Hell yeah I'm using that for my French homework.... erm... Serval I don't see any racist comments posted from the ones that I viewed.

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
~ Einstein
Serval

burp, great site isn't it?

« Reply #64 on: November 24, 2003, 04:24:43 pm »

ah maybe i got shit in my eyes when i have read this topic
tasty
Special Forces
Forum Whore

we hate it when our friends become successful

« Reply #65 on: November 25, 2003, 03:55:35 am »

I'd just like to say that I've had a great time learning about French literature and culture in my French literature and cinema class this semester. France has made an indelible mark on the intellectual history of our world through authors like Voltaire, Moliere, Racine, Sartre, Camus, Bouvier, Irigaray, and many others. The US, although a younger nation, would have quite a bit of trouble matching France's historical influence on philosophy and literature.

Patriots always talk of dying for their country and never of killing for their country.? -Bertrand Russell
Serval

burp, great site isn't it?

« Reply #66 on: November 25, 2003, 05:54:59 pm »

OMFG its racist,hrmm im joking hehe, u r right tasty but personnally i prefer authors like boris vian,jean cocteau,jean paul sartre
P.S:if u have the occasion to read them hehe
kami
God bless the freaks

You're not a man without *NADS.

« Reply #67 on: November 27, 2003, 06:57:30 pm »

Indeed Tasty, not to forget that the US constitution is largely built on Montesquieu's "The Spirits of Laws" from 1748. Wink

*NADS toilet cleaner goldylocks

'There is nothing divine about morality, it is a purely human affair.' - Albert Einstein
'With soap, baptism is a good thing.' - Robert G. Ingersoll
Noto
« Reply #68 on: November 27, 2003, 07:15:12 pm »

Did anyone see that episode of the cartoon. "The Critic"?  It depicts Jon Lovitz as a film critic in NYC.  It was an animated Fox TV show.  Anyway, there was this great part where there was a food fight in the cafeteria where all of the children of the UN Diplomats were eating.  All the kids were depicted wearing their stereotypical outfits from their countries of origin.  SO, the funny part was when the kids from Switzerland refrained from throwing food, and most importantly when the French kids simply surrendered while offering the enemy French bread and wine.  Wink

To get into the real history of the military of France, you will have to go back before the first world war.  As much as everyone talks about the resistence of France during both of the world wars, the French military paled in comparison to armies of that land that had fought in the century before.  Since none of us were alive then, and most of us are not history buffs or receiving a degree in French history, I think we can all agree to disagree.  I also think we can all agree that this thread was started with flames in mind.  If anyone wants a real military laugh, let's point to the Confederate States of America.  That's right folks, the Civil War of America 1861-1865.  It was the Civil War, not the war of oppression as the southerners claim.  And yes, the North won.  I think if we ever need to point and laugh at anyone, we can easily point to the United States of America.  Be careful though, I only say we can poke fun at the U.S.A. because we have more of everything in the world, therefore, it is much easier to make fun of us.

Anyone know where I can find the closest McDonald's?, my Lipitor? tablets, my copy of Penthouse?, and a smoothe carafe of Jack Daniels??  I'd like to see France pull that one off. Wink

.::|N| Noto?
=wL= Femme

« Reply #69 on: November 28, 2003, 09:15:28 am »

... To get into the real history of the military of France, you will have to go back before the first world war.  As much as everyone talks about the resistence of France during both of the world wars, the French military paled in comparison to armies of that land that had fought in the century before.  Since none of us were alive then, and most of us are not history buffs or receiving a degree in French history, I think we can all agree to disagree. ...

.::|N| Noto?

Try looking into French Naval history... of course they pale in comparison to the British Royal Navy... but they definitely gave 'em (the Brits) a run for their money... Check out the Napoleon era... and all the naval battles recorded with the Brits under the command of Nelson. ....Interesting stuff.

Post script:
(Posted by a confessed fan of naval history and "big ships.")

I also participate in re-enactments of early American battles with the French & Spanish... the "Men of Menendez" are some of my favorites. If you think blowing grenades in GhR is fun, try getting "black powder" certified to shoot a real cannon.

Ahem... Alas, I'm the victim of sexual descrimination in this time period and only have the luxury of playing the part of a sailor's wench (or worse!). ;-D

Men have a much better time of it than women: for one thing they marry later; for another thing they die earlier.
 - H.L. Mencken
PLOPje

kill yourself before someone kills you

« Reply #70 on: November 30, 2003, 05:07:46 pm »

All this shit about france surrendering always etc
well there smart they dont go kill everyone no they are firendly and give the others some wine and bread. While america tries to go to war everywhere and want to hold their position in the world of we are the best.
I love this threads because they only make my hate for america grow.
But theres a difference between US and europe
Us would love to go fight elsewhere but if in take my country belgium

I owuld never go fight somewhere for  my country
but I would love to kick some ass if they came to belgium

We are the next generation, we are not scared to die.
The only thing I fear is the afterlive.
c| Hathcock

« Reply #71 on: November 30, 2003, 10:52:58 pm »

Plop, but sooner or later you do have to fight outside your country in order to defend it.  A reactionary defense is always doomed to fail.  And you contradicted yourself.  you said the French were smart to surrender their country yet you said you would "I would love to kick some ass if they came to belgium"  So since your so mad at the US, what if say.  some suicide bombers attacked your country and obviously killed themselves in the process.  So nobody is left in your country to fight yet the enemy remains.  What do you do?
BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #72 on: December 01, 2003, 04:06:23 am »

All this shit about france surrendering always etc
well there smart they dont go kill everyone no they are firendly and give the others some wine and bread. While america tries to go to war everywhere and want to hold their position in the world of we are the best.
I love this threads because they only make my hate for america grow.
But theres a difference between US and europe
Us would love to go fight elsewhere but if in take my country belgium

I owuld never go fight somewhere for  my country
but I would love to kick some ass if they came to belgium

Your HATE for America?  I don't think your family or your country was hating America during WWII when MY family and MY country liberated you.  Some of MY family even died in France AND Belgium during WWII.  Guess you guys LOVED them Nazis, didn't you!

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

i heart ghostsniper's austrian wife

« Reply #73 on: December 01, 2003, 04:19:42 am »

***puts a flak jacket on GS****
oh wait nm, what the frogs gonna do??? Disapprove?

Plopje
What if i started sending homeless people to blow themselves up in your country? Would you just wait for me to go to your country to attack me? Then again, you would never need to, because no one will attack a country that gives us waffles.
Unless we want to take control the waffle market after we take control the oil market!

No sig pics please! - Mauti
Next time you get a ban, Jeb.
|?K|*R@p1d*: i mean, i'm like the worst rs player ever
tasty
Special Forces
Forum Whore

we hate it when our friends become successful

« Reply #74 on: December 01, 2003, 05:39:15 am »

This thread should serve as another example of why war is dumb. Because it causes stupid threads ala MY ANCESTORS DID THIS BUT MY ANCESTORS DID THAT. None of you are responsible for anything your ancestors did. Maybe you will be as great as they were when you do something laudable yourself.

Patriots always talk of dying for their country and never of killing for their country.? -Bertrand Russell
Cutter

« Reply #75 on: December 01, 2003, 05:44:31 am »

mmm....waffles Grin

Cossack
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

SEMPER TRANSFUEGA

« Reply #76 on: December 01, 2003, 06:23:58 am »

mmmmm truffles

Cutter I have to disagree on a reactionary defence doomed to fail. My country (Russia) pushed out Napoleon, Hitler, and the King of Sweden when those countries invaded without a hint.There are more examples but I am too lazy to cite them.

Also there was no prooven link between Al Queda and the Baathists before the war (there probablly is now on account of the US attacking Iraq), so that point is moot.
It also seems that you people are changing your reasons for war every month or so. We must kill them because they have WMDs (yet to be proven and I am doubtful they will be legitly proven), we must kill them because the Iraqis need to be liberated (looks more like the Soviet "stabilization" of Afghanistan), Sadaam is a threat ( please his army and missile capability was the equivilent to a castrated puppy. How can a castrated puppy hurt America?)

BREAD LAND AND PEACE!
R.I.P Grifter
Cutter

« Reply #77 on: December 01, 2003, 06:39:20 am »

what the hell are you talking about cossack? you in the right thread?

all i said was...mmm waffles
« Last Edit: December 01, 2003, 06:41:10 am by Cutter » Logged

PLOPje

kill yourself before someone kills you

« Reply #78 on: December 01, 2003, 01:38:31 pm »

well on the first post I am dead because nobody is left to fight the enemy so I live happily in heaven. what can I do against an atom bomb trowed on my head??
So its better to surrender let the enemy come to you and then bs them in the back, much better then get yourself killed by them when trying to kill them, or way ebter then like america go wipe out the enemy before they even did something. Like you dont like oyur neighbour so you go kill him in his house and offcourse your in your right but you will never know if he was palnning to come to your house and try to kill you.
next one:
Like you said noone wants to attacka  country that gives waffles
i dont need to eb afraid of people blowing theirself up next to my house because noone has a reason to do that. Maybe if america never made osama bin laden mad the twin towers were still alive.
well ghostsniper I geuss my family liked you guys when coming here
but its 50 years later now your family died here and why because you wanted to liberate us? yeah right you guys were scared that russia was gone get to us first
we were just some playball that 2 big countries were fighting for, you guys fighted here for your own reasons to not only to liberate us.
Ho and do the black people there still ahte every white man because their ancestors were slaves, I geuss not. What is past is past. i would love america if they were good now but no they still do things I dont like.

and I have a question for you americans who hate the french did you already hated them before Bush wanted to invade iraq and they didnt like that?
and everyon out there started to freak on the french(renaming french fries etc)

We are the next generation, we are not scared to die.
The only thing I fear is the afterlive.
Cossack
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

SEMPER TRANSFUEGA

« Reply #79 on: December 01, 2003, 05:28:13 pm »

Cutter the first part was to you and the second part was to someone that said there was a link between al qaeda and sadaam before the war around 10 posts back or so. I really gotta use the quote button.

BREAD LAND AND PEACE!
R.I.P Grifter
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads