*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 03:41:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  The Complete Military History of France
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Complete Military History of France  (Read 6539 times)
onwig

geeza!

« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2003, 03:35:21 pm »

ghost cant get onto aol at work... well at least i dont think i can.... lemme check
Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

i heart ghostsniper's austrian wife

« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2003, 05:16:22 pm »

Now to contribute to some anti-frenchness with some jokes i found on a website somewhere...

Why wouldn't the Statue of Liberty work in France??
Because she has only one arm raised.

How do you separate the men from the boys in France?
With a crowbar.

Why don't cheesburgers sell well in France
Because they don't smell like shit

How do you confuse a French Soldier??
Give him a rifle and ask him to shoot it.

Why did the French celebrate their World Cup Championship in 2000 so wildly?
It was their first time they won anything without the help of the U.S.

How many frenchmen does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
One, because he holds the bulb and all of Europe revolves around him.

Did you hear that the Post Office had to recall its series of stamps depicting famous Frenchmen?
People were confused about which side to spit on.

What does a French military alliance and a French romance have in common?
Both are brief, sordid, and completely meaningless.

What do you call a Frenchman advancing on Baghdad?
A salesman

A French rifle is for sale on e-bay.
It's never been fired but I heard it's been dropped once.

and finally
How many jokes are there about the French?
One, the rest are true

Wink

No sig pics please! - Mauti
Next time you get a ban, Jeb.
|?K|*R@p1d*: i mean, i'm like the worst rs player ever
th.Sentinel

« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2003, 05:19:14 pm »

Ghost, I will talk to you on Gameranger...

I've posted the reply in madness, you know me, I can't help myself sometimes (>> cb's Sad )...

Just one more thing to add:

when for all the good that America tries to do

Doesn't France, Belgium or other European countries have soldiers in Irac, Afghanistan and other countries to protect the peace?

All I'm trying to say is don't blame a whole nation for the mistakes of a few.
I blame Bush for many things, but that doesn't change my point of view upon the American citizens, I like most Americans.
So pls stick with the small jokes about Europeans... But don't involve the whole nation.

Tnx,
Sent. (cya on gameranger)

+    + +    ++[+] +     ++[+]
c| Hathcock

« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2003, 06:19:30 pm »

Hey Sent, just have to rebuff some things you mentioned.  I realize you were posting in anger, and things get confused.  

First, it is virtually impossible to stop a man who is determined to die in order to accomplish his mission.  We've seen that all over the world lately and now in Turkey this morning.

And with regards to the atmic bombs.  They saved a hell of a lot more lives than they took.  Nobody can even contemplate the casualties of invading Japan.  The war department estimated American casualties alone at 1million.  So don't give me the bs that dropping the nukes was a bad idea, it probably saved 10million lives by ending the war w/o an invasion.

Ya the power fuckup seemed to have been cause by a single tree shorting out a high voltage line.  I'll give ya that one Smiley  Budget cuts are  a bitch.  But then again, we did not lose 10,000 people to a heatwave that would have been a nice summer day to many people.

I think Ghost posted this as friendly jab and nothing more.  Just a bit of humor.  We just have to remember to post a disclaimer at the end of our posts on this forum.  It's quite diverse with a lot of diferent personalities and nationalities.
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2003, 07:32:54 pm »

Don?t pretend the US is such a great state, France isn?t either, but at least we?re not making this kind of stupid racist posts.

Actually Sentinel, my response was directed at the American bashing that does go on.

like why couldn?t they prevent 11 september?
where is Saddam? umm, where is Bin Laden?

Shall I bring up France's failures with terrorism?  Not to mention the French involvement I already mentioned in helping Saddam and Bin Laden.  (maybe you should go back and read my post again)

who made the most stupid mistake of dropping 2 atomic bombs?

1) Not the US, because it wasn't a mistake to do it in WW2.
2) Shall we talk about all the INNOCENT people that France's nuclear bombs killed just half that time ago?  It's not like France was in a war, but they sure trampled on the rights of those who were protesting (legally protesting in international waters I add).

what happens when there is a power malfunction? Oh an entire state looses their power!.

Show's how little you actually know about power and what went on.  First, don't forget to add Canada into this, since it wiped power there that was on the connected grid as well.  Second, it wasn't just a power malfunction.  Third, are you saying that a whole grid has never come down in Europe?  And never will?  What do you base that on?  Your knowledge on the actual grids and how they interconnect?

Oh, and I don?t see ppl getting shot in the middle of the street in France.

I've never seen anyone shot (other than on TV or in a game).

And, do you want me to pull up some news articles of people getting shot in France?  You know I can find them.  I just read one not too long ago where a cop died too.  

You really should have stuck with your not pointing fingers Sent, because for every finger you point, they can point back.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Screw the pussy isolationists and their shortsightedness - Buccaneer
th.Sentinel

« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2003, 07:33:01 pm »

And with regards to the atmic bombs.  They saved a hell of a lot more lives than they took.  Nobody can even contemplate the casualties of invading Japan.  The war department estimated American casualties alone at 1million.  So don't give me the bs that dropping the nukes was a bad idea, it probably saved 10million lives by ending the war w/o an invasion.

Hatchcock its all in the word estimate, ppl are still suffering from this atomic bomb now so don't go talking it good, because it happened and you'll never know what would happen if you didn't do it.
Thats my point of view. I've got my opinion you've got yours.

Sent

+    + +    ++[+] +     ++[+]
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2003, 08:07:51 pm »

Hatchcock its all in the word estimate, ppl are still suffering from this atomic bomb now so don't go talking it good, because it happened and you'll never know what would happen if you didn't do it.
Thats my point of view. I've got my opinion you've got yours.

Sent

People are suffering now from the nukes that France detonated in the Pacific.  The fallout killed and caused suffering amongst many.  And France wasn't even at war with them.  Not to mention, France had 30 years more knowledge to show that it was wrong when they did it.

Don't point the atomic finger man.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

seth
Forum Whore

« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2003, 08:27:59 pm »

bucc,

I dont think France helped Saddam: they invested in Irak. Thats all (isn't it what the US is trying to do right now with the iraki petrol ?)

But what i do think, and there was a show about it on national TV (CNN at the time of 9/11), is that the US did "produce" AND support Bin Laden AND the Talibans in order to combat communism.

OMG another 4 years !!!
bronto
« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2003, 09:08:53 pm »

Let's see....I seem to remember Israel getting attacked by a coalition of ALL of their Arab neighbors on numerous occasions since 1948....and they won every time.

that's because the american government fully armed israel and stood by them through every conflict, even now, when the israeli army is cruelly murdering innocent arabs and muslims everyday..but of course you don't see much of that. you should take a look, they have sites dedicated to it, you don't even have to get off your fat ass. hey maybe if america had fully supported france through thick and thin, and helped them get through their conflicts they wouldn't have such a devastating history of defeat. america sat back in the world wars and let european nations be blown apart, then comes in reluctantly, after the war has already started, and claims they saved everyone's asses...and yes, the US did help very much and it's appreciated, but if they'd acted a little sooner and realized the threat that the axis had posed, millions of lives could have been saved, and the american's could gloat all they like. so saying you saved everyone's asses in ww2 is pretty naive when you think about it, seeing as they let everyone get pumelled for a few years.
PsYcO aSsAsSiN
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

A blast from the past...

« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2003, 09:27:47 pm »

bucc,

I dont think France helped Saddam: they invested in Irak. Thats all (isn't it what the US is trying to do right now with the iraki petrol ?)

But what i do think, and there was a show about it on national TV (CNN at the time of 9/11), is that the US did "produce" AND support Bin Laden AND the Talibans in order to combat communism.

Bob, France sold Iraq Nuclear technologies to build the Osirak nuclear reactor which was bombed by Israel in the 1980's. France had also sold Iraq miltary technologies such as the Mirage warfighter, antiaircraft missiles (i believe they are called ROLAND), and has acted as a broker between Chinese rocket fuel manufacturers and Iraqi missile makers.

Rainbow 6/Rogue Spear/Ghost Recon/Raven Shield/America's Army/XBOX 360: Mighty Bruin

-retired- (MIA 6/17/02)
Hasta la vista, baby!  Embarrassed
Co-Leader, clan PsYcO.

Clan PsYcO - 11/01/00 - 02/08/02
R.I.P. Grifter
seth
Forum Whore

« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2003, 10:20:16 pm »

I know that, this is called business.

OMG another 4 years !!!
kami
God bless the freaks

You're not a man without *NADS.

« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2003, 10:20:44 pm »

This is the stupidest fucking shit I have ever read. You're judging a country on it's success in war? Let me tell you, there have been a lot of countries far worse off than France. Besides, Americans shouldn't say 'we saved your asses', the French helped your asses as well. Fucking arrogance.

*NADS toilet cleaner goldylocks

'There is nothing divine about morality, it is a purely human affair.' - Albert Einstein
'With soap, baptism is a good thing.' - Robert G. Ingersoll
abe?
« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2003, 11:05:12 pm »

Wow,
First off, ghostsniper.....you're an idiot! I'm not trying to be an ass here, but almost every post of yours i've read on these boards has been ignorant, uninformed and seems to be the result of either hopeless stupidity, lack of a decent education or simply  braindead ask-no-questions patriotism. I have a hard time even taking you seriously, since your posts make you seem like a parody of the ignorant, xenophobic and simpleminded american that is so popular everywhere around the globe. What really troubles me, however, is that you seem to "rank" nations according to how well they do in wars.....

-Israel didnt start getting weapons and support from the US until the 1960s. Initially they got their weapons from WW2 surplus, the USSR (via the czech republic) and france. So the arguement that the US is the only reason Israel exists is a stupid one. By the time of the Yom Kippur war in 1973, however, Israel was dependant on weapons from the US to the point that they probably would have been overrun without the emergency airlift of supplies from the US (they actually considered using nuclear weapons).

-Before the 91 gulf war, france had close ties to iraq (75% of iraqs conventional arsenal came from France or the USSR) and they have since remained quite cozy with them. For example, the iraqis insisted that the oil-for-food programm funds be handled by a single bank.....BNP Paribas (major french commercial bank).

-The US neither "produced", nor "supported" Bin Laden directly. The CIA did provide funds and weapons to the pakistani ISI that were destined for the afghan mudjahedeen, but bin laden was never "trained" by the CIA, nor is he the 'creation' of the US.
BTs_Lee.Harvey
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Evill: Don't make me smack you.

« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2003, 11:42:18 pm »

OK.. Im am going to ask a moderator to ban Ghost from the forums for a shot period of time.. I have asked him several times in the past not to start threads like this and he will not stop... so will a mod plz put a short ban on him posting in the gossip area.. thx

Djing isn't realy about celebrity, or money, or getting laid, it's about music. Music is what motivates the finest DJ's:they love it, they live for it.
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #54 on: November 20, 2003, 11:54:32 pm »

bucc,

Two things:

1) France was selling weapons to Saddam.  Everyone knows this.  Just look at why the French couldn't fly over Iraq in the first gulf war is a prime example.  I wouldn't call selling weapons  an investment.

2) No, it has not been proven, just speculated, that oil is behind it.  You'll just have to wait and see before pulling that card out as a fact.

Abe covered the Bin Laden issue well.  And Assassin showed some weapons.

I'll add to Abe's comments about Isreal.  Let's not forget the first fighters that Isreal flew were French.  And that the French (along with the Brits) talked Isreal into the invasion of the Sinai, as part of their plan to retake the Suez Canal.

Gen. Harvey, I don't think he's even gotten a warning yet.  And just because you don't think he should start threads like this doesn't mean he shouldn't, does it?  I mean, it has sparked some lively debate.

Kami, if you want to talk about arrogance and ignorance, we can really discuss what help the French did, and didn't give the USA sometime.

BTs_Lee.Harvey
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Evill: Don't make me smack you.

« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2003, 12:00:20 am »

Yea.. and also has caused interclan prob w/ some of the treads!

Djing isn't realy about celebrity, or money, or getting laid, it's about music. Music is what motivates the finest DJ's:they love it, they live for it.
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2003, 12:26:45 am »

Yeah, but this is the place for quarrels, isn't it?

And interclan problems should stay that, inside the clan.  Not be addressed here.

Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

Respect: The most important thing you'll ever earn

« Reply #57 on: November 21, 2003, 02:04:40 am »

harvey, sorry, no can do on the ban.
i deal with flame wars, not clan disputes

"Engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance."  Dr. A. R. Dykes -1976
Cossack
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

SEMPER TRANSFUEGA

« Reply #58 on: November 21, 2003, 02:28:56 am »

I enjoy GhostSniper's threads. It gives people a chance to debate things. I just want that statement to be known to GhostSniper.

BREAD LAND AND PEACE!
R.I.P Grifter
c| Hathcock

« Reply #59 on: November 21, 2003, 04:39:52 am »

I agree Cossack.  I think it was just meant to poke fun.  But it does get people riled up which has sparked a rather good string here.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads