*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 03:24:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  The Complete Military History of France
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Complete Military History of France  (Read 6488 times)
BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« on: November 19, 2003, 04:58:18 pm »

Lost To History
« Last Edit: November 23, 2003, 10:38:36 pm by |GM|GhostSniper » Logged

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
bronto
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2003, 09:30:30 pm »

lol you're a sad character. you think that the amount of killings a country make is going define their culture? just goes to show how simple minded you are. i have actually had the oppurtunity to experience the best of both worlds, america and france, and to tell you the truth, france had alot more to offer. have you ever been there ghost sniper?
KoS.Rebel
Forum Whore

+-Killers on Spree-+

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2003, 09:30:44 pm »

pwned. Fucking french bastards saying that we suck for going on the spree against sadam and then when we do a pretty good job they "back us" Fuck em all. oh wait im an admin i cant have an oppinion FUXORZ!

The extent of one's abilities is only limited by the restrictions of one's mind
Cutter

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2003, 09:36:53 pm »

french military?.....whats that?

Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn.
bronto
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2003, 09:57:49 pm »

and then when we do a pretty good job...

ahaha no. iraq isnt going too smooth for bush. i mean sure, they went in there, blew them out of power, and are attempting to restructure a new government, but they didn't get what they really went there for; saddam and his "weapons of mass destruction". id say bush fucked up worse then his dad this time. america doesn't look too hot, from an unbiased point of view.
bronto
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2003, 10:15:12 pm »

I've never met a group of people with a bigger dislike for a country
Added later:
Oh shit, bronto!  I didn't see where you were from before....NEW YORK???  If you like France so much why don't you do the United States some good and MOVE THERE Smiley

1. you're a hipocrite
2. i'm from the uk, im just stuck in your country for a while
3. i'm sure the world would be alot happier if the us didn't insist on promoting war instead of peace.
4. can't blame france for disliking americans, i would be pretty annoyed if i every time an american spoke of my country their topic is "oh yeah well we saved your asses"

edit; btw, since when is war and death something to joke and make fun of? i'm sure you'd make a fantastic ambassador
« Last Edit: November 19, 2003, 10:18:19 pm by *NADS bronto » Logged
bronto
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2003, 10:25:36 pm »

i'm not posting to save France's reputation. i'm posting to voice my loathing for the ignorance of mankind, of which you are an unrivaled example.

have an oblivious day  Wink
« Last Edit: November 19, 2003, 10:27:35 pm by *NADS bronto » Logged
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2003, 11:13:13 pm »

The Complete Military History of France:
- French Revolution - Won, primarily due the fact that the opponent was also French.

rofl!

That's the best one. Nice job, Ghost.

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
c| Hathcock

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2003, 11:14:05 pm »

Bronto, I happen to find it ignorant to believe that the world is this happy placve where violence does not exist, and that if we just ignore it, it will go away.  Europe has become a place of calm for the most part, which seems to cloud the minds of some of its citizens into thinking that the whole world must act this way or something is wrong.  
     I would have thought that being British you would have remembered your history better.  50 years ago you let a madman run lose with nothing more than a signed document saying that he would be nice.  I'm not saying that Sadaam is Hitler or that his country had anything near the military might of 1940's Germany, but in this era, where a single weapon can kill millions, how can we afford to let someone like Sadaam run lose?  
      He laughed at the UN for the last decade and nobody had the balls to stand up to even his meager army.  Unfortunately, there are still people in this world that only respond to force.  And many times a man like that comes to power, and therefore that whole country will only respond to force.  The only way for evil to win in this world, is for good men to do nothing.  (I have forgotten the original authour of that quote. If someone could remind me I would appreciate it)
seth
Forum Whore

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2003, 11:26:18 pm »

Actually, its  

"The only thing necessary for the triumph [of evil] is for good men to do nothing."

edmund Burke.

btw, he was an english philosopher.

OMG another 4 years !!!
c| Hathcock

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2003, 12:12:27 am »

Thank you for clarifying that for me Bob.
*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

Where is the knowledge we lost with information?

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2003, 12:14:37 am »

I think Ghostsniper is the epitimy of a stereotypical American War Monger. You throw around dates without insight. Stop making threads about your "patriotic" views. You seem to be proud of the wrong things. Next thing I know you will be telling me that Patton defeated Rommel.

Hazard

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
~ Einstein
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2003, 12:40:12 am »

i agree with hazard. ghostsniper, wars dont mean that much. Look at russia, historically a country ravaged by xenophobia and repressive dictators. Even when they did go to war and win(which, in terms of major wars, you probably cant count on both your hands) they lost thousands of men. Yet Russia has produced some of the finest writers of the past two hundred years(Dostoevsky, Gogol, Pushkin Chekov and tolstoy to name just a few) plus inemberable works of art. its the same with france, what about amazing french food, wines, art work? what about the contribution of democracy they made by overthrowing an oppressive regime in the french revolution and setting a precedent for so many other revolutions.

ive said it before, and ill say it again: no wonder the rest of the world doesnt like us

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2003, 12:58:49 am »

i agree with hazard. ghostsniper, wars dont mean that much. Look at russia, historically a country ravaged by xenophobia and repressive dictators. Even when they did go to war and win(which, in terms of major wars, you probably cant count on both your hands) they lost thousands of men. Yet Russia has produced some of the finest writers of the past two hundred years(Dostoevsky, Gogol, Pushkin Chekov and tolstoy to name just a few)

But what wars has Russia lost?  Afghanistan?  The cold war?  

its the same with france, what about amazing french food, wines, art work? what about the contribution of democracy they made by overthrowing an oppressive regime in the french revolution and setting a precedent for so many other revolutions.

Actually, the American Revolution set the precedent, not the French Revolution.  And it really made a mess of things until Bonaparte became emperor, which is a very nice mirror to Germany and Hitler, btw.

I'll also say this about the French.  In my experience, they tend to be very vocal about how bad America is, blaming anything and everything that our government does on each of us, without even knowing our own feelings on it.  That's true of many of the people on this board.  But France's government, just to mention one, has knowingly done as much wrong as America's government.  I think the French and the Brits are just much better at covering things up then we Americans are.  Frances government has done as many or more things to be ashamed of then the US government has.  They are just more subtle about it.  And it's very easy for them to point fingers at us, it distracts everyone from their faults.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Screw the pussy isolationists and their shortsightedness - Buccaneer
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2003, 01:00:43 am »

THERE!  NOW you sound like a Brit!!!  I didn't hear the accent in your previous posts....see, now I gotta take everything you said completely different because I can understand your mindset a little better.

I don't really see the accent. Maybe you americans don't words with more than 2 syllables.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2003, 01:02:54 am by Mysterio » Logged

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2003, 01:10:45 am »

the crimean war, peters invasion of sweden, they secumbed to the mongol hoard for over two hundred years....

are you saying bucc, that they shouldnt have revolted?

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2003, 01:53:38 am »

For All the Retards slagging of the French please Shut the F*ck up unless you have anything intellegent to say. All those who are American and are insulting the french well please STFU and F Off. Try taking a look at your own country - suddenly france looks like one hell of a nice place. Jesus when I compare France against America hell the US wouldn't have the smallest hope in hell. Shit look how well america is succeeding in fucking the world up recently... And they think they are the "Defenders of Democracy" ??

This of Course is Steriotyping Americans... Who i know for a fact are not all like this - far from it. but please stfu rather than ranting on about the world which so many people have so little knowledge about...

Ps. Im not French, Im not American... And im not fucking happy

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2003, 02:20:06 am »

I agree with some of BFG's points but it is fact that they did lose all those wars, the ties are purely opinion though.  Napoleon was born on an Italian island(don't remember if one or two of his parents were Italian) He came to power in France because he attended military school there since he was 8.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2003, 02:55:40 am by ?Hazard » Logged

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
~ Einstein
*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2003, 02:50:53 am »

What's opinion? The way you make a tie sound like a bad thing. Most of the wars you declared ties were because the French were against a coalition!

-The war of Devolution - Tied

France initiated the war,  took Franche Comte. The inability of Spain to defend itself led to the Triple Alliance. England Sweden and the United provinces fought against France. Aftermath: France gained territory in Flanders.[/color]

-The Dutch War - Tied

The war ended with the Treaty of Nijmegen in 1678 this granted France control of the Franche-Comt? from Spain.

-War of the Spanish Succession - Lost.  The War also gave the French their first taste of a Marlborough, which they have loved ever since.

France and Spain lose to a coalition. What do you expect when outnumbered? I would view this as more of a victory then a defeat. They went up against the super powers of the world, what more do you expect when you are attacked on all sides even through your colonies by a superior force?

I didn't see you mentioning Napoleon was from Corsica.. and what is with you belittling Italians?

Italian Generals:

Scipio Africanus: Defeated Hannibal who trounced Roman armies on Italian soil unopposed defeating capable generals. one of the rare showdowns of great generals. He paved the way for Caesar because the people loved him so much they wanted him to be "sovereign and dictator for life"

Gaius Julius Caesar: His tactics are still studied today at West Point one of the top military schools in the world.

Geribaldi(spelling): Played a key part in the unification of Italy.

I have nothing against you personally Ghostsniper, just in the way you present your facts with an arrogant American attitude that the rest of us get stereotyped for.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2003, 02:56:22 am by ?Hazard » Logged

~ Einstein
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2003, 03:33:32 am »

geribaldi didnt just "play a key role" didnt he come from piedemont(sp?) in northeran italy, and go to sicily, where he estentially conquered his way back up to the north?

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads