*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 03, 2024, 08:22:39 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  New G5's
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New G5's  (Read 1423 times)
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

« on: November 18, 2003, 10:40:41 pm »

The new line of G5's was released (Now a dual 1.8 GhZ, and price drops all around. I for one am thrilled, because this drop plus a student discount means I can get a G5 for $1600. l33t. Read about it here

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
|MP|Nomad
Forum Whore

Go Apple!!

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2003, 12:27:30 pm »

I 2nd that!!!

The King of Pistoleros
kami
God bless the freaks

You're not a man without *NADS.

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2003, 01:38:14 pm »

It's no big deal in my opinion, wait 'til February.

*NADS toilet cleaner goldylocks

'There is nothing divine about morality, it is a purely human affair.' - Albert Einstein
'With soap, baptism is a good thing.' - Robert G. Ingersoll
onwig

geeza!

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2003, 02:45:53 pm »

why whats happening in february?HuhHuh?? do tell
|MP|Nomad
Forum Whore

Go Apple!!

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2003, 05:37:18 pm »

In case you haven't heard, alot of people who bought the 1.8 Single CPU are PISSED!!!  Apple is some states are offering free upgrades to the Dual 1.8 and getting $100 back.   Where some states Apple stores are saying no, since they are over 30 days or if they made a custom order (ie. more RAM) to their single 1.8.  Some people are saying that the new dual 1.8 have a diff processor than the single 1.8 or the Dual 2.0 and is acutally faster than the dual 2.0.  Go to the Apple forums, its all there!  

I for one, am really glad that I held off for a bit, I would have been pissed!!!  I mean, I do understand that if you buy a computer today its worthless tomorrow, with respect to value and what upgrades has come out the next day, but Apple should have waited a little longer before releasing the dual 1.8, it just would have not pissed alot of people off and it would not have instilled resement towards a great company.

The King of Pistoleros
BTs_FahQ2

shit stinks, don't touch! drink more! beer shits!

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2003, 05:41:53 pm »

I for one am one of those pissed 1.8 customers.  I am in California,  when I called apple they just told me to fuck off pretty much.  Mind you, I use this machine for work and run a small private business (their largest market base).  Apple just plain fucked over and dissapointed a whole lot of their core customers.  But, being in graphics, there isn't much more I can do.  What, go buy a PC. My printer would laugh so hard and just hang up the phone.

Thanks Apple

Plus, we understand the nature of the tech field, but this was just pretty fucked.  Release less than 2months after first delivers to normal customers.  Offer the fucking machine for only 100 more.

thats just a plain old insult with salt rubbed in.

"Forgiveness is between you and your God, My job is to help arrange the meeting."
www.rmgraphix.com
kos.viper
Forum Whore

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2003, 11:58:10 pm »

I don't think there is any reason for owners of a new 1.8GHz G5 to be pissed off or sent a new dual 1.8 G5.  It was your own damn fault, if you were smart, you would be checking the mac rumors everyday and waiting a couple months after the initial release.  Also don't forget that you've had your 1.8GHz G5 2 months longer then a person just now buying a DP 1.8.  This is a computer company, upgrades are expected.  If you wanted to own a top of the line mac for awhile and get your money's worth, you should buy a DP 2.0GHz G5.

Why should Apple have to "upgrade" your computer that you received 2 months ago?  Be happy that you even had the cash to afford a brand new G5 and have gloating rites for all of your PC and Mac friends.

kos.viper
Xbox LIVE Gamertag: Brain 7
The box said "requires Windows 98 or better"... so I bought a Mac.
the oNe
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2003, 03:27:18 am »

Yes and also keep in mind Steve Job's promise "Dual 3ghz in a year", and a dual processor won't make your games go faster, but it'll boost performance in the OS and other Pro apls obviously.
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2003, 04:18:29 am »

Yes and also keep in mind Steve Job's promise "Dual 3ghz in a year", and a dual processor won't make your games go faster, but it'll boost performance in the OS and other Pro apls obviously.

Not exactly true one. Many games use the second processor for sound management. Also you won't certian voice communication apps hogging up your gaming processor (NF is bad about doing that). UT2k3 uses the second processor for sound. Im pretty sure the DOOM 3 engine will (Quake 4) also support dual processors to the same extent.

Never jump to such a bad conclusion.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
-SW- Baz

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2003, 06:52:03 am »

Also you won't certian voice communication apps hogging up your gaming processor (NF is bad about doing that).

God i've learned that for sure after tonight.. Wink

He who lives by the sword gets shot by those who don't.
Cobra

Slap ma fro!

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2003, 05:05:16 pm »

Why should you be pissed at Apple if you recently bought a single 1.8?  This is how buying computers works.  You should expect that what you bought today will not be the  fastest out there tomorrow.  That's just how it goes.  Is an upgrade in Apple's product line going to make your computer any less fast?  No.  Get over it.

If you don't like the way I drive, get off the damn sidewalk!
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2003, 05:21:01 pm »

the Dual 2.0 and is acutally faster than the dual 2.0.  Go to the Apple forums, its all there!  

Wait, WHAT?? Huh

May you should read the complete sentence and not only the half, then everything will make sense Wink - Mauti/color]
« Last Edit: November 23, 2003, 06:13:38 pm by *DAMN Mauti » Logged

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads