*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 03, 2024, 11:12:54 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Poll
Question: Are you a Liberal, Conservative, Or Southerner?
Liberal All the Way! - 10 (40%)
Conservatives Rule! - 6 (24%)
U.S. Southerner and Proud of It! - 8 (32%)
I Don't Know the Difference (read below) - 1 (4%)
Total Voters: 25

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Difference Between Liberals and Conservatives  (Read 9374 times)
Acri

I swat flies with a hammer. Redundant?

« Reply #100 on: November 22, 2003, 03:25:17 am »

Bucc: If all america outlawed guns, it wouldnt be the same thing. IT is so easy to get a gun in america. not in sweden, unless you have your papers in order and you have to really deserve those papers!

The reason the criminals have so many guns is because you are making it easy to get them. Suit yourselves. You put yourselves into this position. Shoot eachother of if it solves anything.

I hereby retire from this discussion, as it is going nowhere. Why are the conservatives always unwilling to listen to reason and logic? There is no point talking to you guys, as you skip all my interesting questions and pick on my small errors. Total evasion of all good criticism. Not fun.

Acri

And further more... what the... Oh my god! You sunk Portugal!
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #101 on: November 22, 2003, 04:09:19 am »

The reason the criminals have so many guns is because you are making it easy to get them. Suit yourselves. You put yourselves into this position. Shoot eachother of if it solves anything.

Acri, are you saying that the Brits and Canadians made it easy to get them too?  Because violent crime went up AFTER they banned them.  Not down.

What more stats have shown is that in the places in America that it is easier for all people to get and carry them, crime is lower then in places where it's like sweden, and hard to carry one legally.  

Now, given both those facts together, I can't see a different conclusion than the one I've made.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Screw the pussy isolationists and their shortsightedness - Buccaneer
c| Hathcock

« Reply #102 on: November 22, 2003, 02:46:52 pm »

I too would like to see tougher prison's Bucc.  Right now it just seems like our penitentiory system is a joke.  I've caught the Discovery channel when they are going through a prison here and the inmates don't look worried, they just sit back, watch some T.V., or go lift some weights.  

And no I don't believe that our system is fullproof in anyway BFG.  But there are so many appeals levels and actually getting the death penalty is pretty hard (Look at the Lee Boyd Malvo sniper case.  The jury is hung over the death penalty right now).  

If the prison's we an actually very bad place to be, like Alcatraz was perhaps.  Then I would not be so set on the death penalty.  But the criminals in this country get more rights than the victims.  You even hear of prisoner's suing the system all the time.  In lighht of that I think the death penalty is one of the only real consequences that might make someone think twice about murder.  Then again, it is so rarely used that they probably don't even care.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads