*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 03, 2024, 01:13:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Poll
Question: Are you a Liberal, Conservative, Or Southerner?
Liberal All the Way! - 10 (40%)
Conservatives Rule! - 6 (24%)
U.S. Southerner and Proud of It! - 8 (32%)
I Don't Know the Difference (read below) - 1 (4%)
Total Voters: 25

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Difference Between Liberals and Conservatives  (Read 9382 times)
BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« on: November 15, 2003, 12:04:17 am »

Lost To History
« Last Edit: November 23, 2003, 11:02:44 pm by |GM|GhostSniper » Logged

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
Cossack
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

SEMPER TRANSFUEGA

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2003, 03:15:02 am »

OMG I'm a Southerner.

Just a point of debate. Generalization sucks and so do hippies that hate guns (cough Bondo cough) I am a democrat and I am adamantly pro-guns. A few current mainstream democratic canidates are pro-guns (ie Clark and Dean). Now I am getting off topic. So yes I would shoot him till he looked like Swiss cheese without a second thought.

BREAD LAND AND PEACE!
R.I.P Grifter
Mr.Mellow
Official ass-kisser
Forum Whore

m00t!

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2003, 03:30:18 am »

Well said, Coss. Beat me to the punch.

It puts itself on ice...It puts itself on ice, or else it gets the orange juice again!

m00t, I am the Screwer of Squirming Citrus.
Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

Respect: The most important thing you'll ever earn

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2003, 04:16:07 am »

if you are coming at me with a knife and obvious intent to kill, you can kiss your ass good bye.  i will not hesitate to put enough lead in your sorry ass so that a small mining operation can be set up over your grave
i would rather be judged by 12 than carried by six and that is the beginning and end of my train of thought

"Engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance."  Dr. A. R. Dykes -1976
*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

Where is the knowledge we lost with information?

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2003, 05:43:41 am »

i would rather be judged by 12 than carried by six and that is the beginning and end of my train of thought

That is the coolest thing I have ever heard.. who did you steal it from?Smiley

Erm... on topic... I would blow the guy away. I have the right to bear arms(or would if I was old enough) and I would protect my family. I doubt any jury would convict me for protecting my family.

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
~ Einstein
Cutter

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2003, 07:37:03 am »

i was born up north and now live in the south. i'd consider myself pretty much conservative, but with those extra bangs i had to represent the south! Grin Roll Eyes

Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn.
alaric
Forum Whore

What good is life if you don't have freedom?

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2003, 10:46:10 am »

This is dumb. The scenario has nothing to do with being liberal or conservative. It's just as biased and manipulative as the Fox News Channel.

Besides, anyone who uses labels like liberal and conservative is stupid. Ooh yeah let's find more ways to divide people (as if religion and political parties weren't enough)...

Oh, in case you're wondering, that guy would die 3 times before he hit the ground if he came within 20 feet of my family.

"I would rather have incompetence and abuse of power than a group of people who want to bow down to the French and the United Nations." - BTs Ghostsniper, June 17, 2004, 01:44:16 PM
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2003, 02:37:19 pm »

i will not hesitate to put enough lead in your sorry ass so that a small mining operation can be set up over your grave

HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

pwnage.

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
Cossack
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

SEMPER TRANSFUEGA

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2003, 04:18:35 pm »

Ok I am tired of people misusing liberal and conservative. If you take a liberal stance you want to change the status quo, if you take a conservative stance you want to keep the status quo. Lets take abortion as an issue. Republicans are liberal, they want to change the current abortion laws, thus the status quo. Democrats and the left want to keep the status quo and thus they are conservative. So that is the correct use of conservative and liberal. It is to identify yourself with an issue and both far left and far right can be conservative and vise versa. Thats Poly Sci 101.

BREAD LAND AND PEACE!
R.I.P Grifter
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2003, 06:21:16 pm »

I've made that point 4 or 5 times in threads about abortion and gun control Sack =D

And remember, they can have my gun when they pry it from my cold, stiff, dead fingers.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Screw the pussy isolationists and their shortsightedness - Buccaneer
Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2003, 08:50:04 pm »

In most cases where one might be threatened with a weapon, such as muggings, carjackings, and the like, having a gun or not having a gun is not going to make much of a difference in your possible courses of action. Unless you're a quick-draw champion, you simply aren't going to have time to get to and use your piece without taking a couple of rounds for your trouble. Yes, in a situation where you're killing someone in your home, then a gun would probably be useful. But walking around packing heat will likely never have utility. If you want to be able to deal death at any time and any place (and more usefully, NOT deal death), put time and money into an effective martial art.

Now for my answer: I've seen someone shot and don't particularly want to inflict that on anybody. So I'd break his arms and knock him unconscious.

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2003, 09:25:13 pm »

Loth, technically speaking, shooting is a martial art =D.

Seriously, there is some stat that the FBI came up with long ago, about how most gun fights are 6 misses from 6 feet (or something along those lines).  It had some catch phrase that I can't remember now, but the gist of it is that cops do have time to pull their weapons, because between the inaccuracy of pistols, the adrenalin, and just the fact that you don't really stand still, it's not that easy to hit someone in a real gun fight.  It's not like plinking targets at 25 yards.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2003, 09:30:05 pm »

Hmm, yeah, that makes sense. Still and all, I prefer being able to handle myself even if I don't have a weapon on me. But that's just me.

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
kami
God bless the freaks

You're not a man without *NADS.

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2003, 11:57:26 pm »

The situation wouldn't even be thinkable in Sweden.

*NADS toilet cleaner goldylocks

'There is nothing divine about morality, it is a purely human affair.' - Albert Einstein
'With soap, baptism is a good thing.' - Robert G. Ingersoll
*DAMN Elandrion
Global Moderator
Forum Whore

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2003, 01:19:54 am »

The situation wouldn't even be thinkable in Sweden.

The same applies to Austria.

*DAMN Elandrion - another *DAMN Austrian!
Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

Respect: The most important thing you'll ever earn

« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2003, 03:20:16 am »

what loth says about martial arts is true. if i had a choice between a gun and my fists in that situation i would probably take my fists simply because i am trained in martial art (using that to mean some form of hand to hand combat).  my reasoning is that i'm less likely to miss with my fists than with a bullet and all i need to do is control his arm to stop his attack from harming me and my family.

this does not mean that i would not kill him however.  by flashing that knife  he has exhibited intent to use deadly force.  i would reply in kind and in full

"Engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance."  Dr. A. R. Dykes -1976
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2003, 03:25:57 am »

Yes, we are all aware that Sweden and Austria have absolutely no violent crimes, muggings or murders.  

Just because it doesn't happen often (like it's never happened to anyone I actually know) doesn't mean it couldn't.  Way to take the fun out of a hypothetical.

-SW- bbaz
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2003, 06:42:12 am »

first of all, all of this talk about u disarming him with your hands is BULLSHIT

Loth, lets say this guy pulling the knife knows which side is the sharp end? Most self defense books ive read basically state: if u haven't a weapon, and someone pulls a knife on you, improvise a weapon, or run your ass off. Just because Jason Bourne or James Bond can do it, doesn't mean other people can...especially people like you who sit around arguing and playing computer games most of the day.

Especially if you have a family! It simply isn't worth getting killed over something stupid like this. - If you can run, run. If you aren't fast enough, then 1) either shoot him or 2) if you havent' a weapon, lambard him with your complete BULLSHIT REMARKS ABOUT HOW YOU CAN BEAT HIM UP.

If he is truly as big an idiot as you, he might believe you and run.
Most likey, he wont, you will fight honorably and i wouldn't have to put up with your pompous remarks (and bragging?) at *DAMN anymore.
tasty
Special Forces
Forum Whore

we hate it when our friends become successful

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2003, 08:51:00 am »

I think people carrying guns on their person would cause a lot more problems than it will solve. How often does this scenario even happen? It's just an emotional scenario designed to appeal to people's fears and elicit a particular ideological response. If you asked the same question to people and the scenario involved a child finding their fathers gun and shooting themselves, it would be no different.

Patriots always talk of dying for their country and never of killing for their country.? -Bertrand Russell
Cutter

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2003, 06:02:04 pm »

maybe from a college dorm in iowa it seems like an unlikely scenario. but after you graduate be sure to move to some nice big city for a real education. the most imoportant things you'll ever learn in life aren't in those books.

Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads