*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 04, 2024, 07:25:51 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Was Evill choice to ban NF justified?
Poll
Question: Was Evill choice to ban NF justified?
No. - 14 (45.2%)
Yes. - 15 (48.4%)
The option for loners. (no side) - 2 (6.5%)
Total Voters: 31

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Was Evill choice to ban NF justified?  (Read 1510 times)
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« on: November 14, 2003, 10:57:51 pm »

I hope you moderators see that this isn't spamming a topic, just that the matter should have a poll. You all can continue your arguement in here as you feel fit.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2003, 11:50:08 pm »

Yes, and whether it was justified or not, bitching about it isn't going to change his mind. Put up or shut up.

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
Acri

I swat flies with a hammer. Redundant?

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2003, 11:58:45 pm »

I think everyone should stop trying to look noble under false motives here.

I repeat: None of your personal rights have been abused in any way.

Perhaps it is abuse of Haxial.. but that is NONE of your business. It shouldn't bother you. Pirating nf, as I know is praxis, is also bad for haxial. Scott has done nothing wrong except refusing to ban ungrateful shit-sniffers.

Anyone with an account under 70000 that doesnt have premium doesnt deserve a xmas gift.

And further more... what the... Oh my god! You sunk Portugal!
Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

i heart ghostsniper's austrian wife

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2003, 03:52:08 am »

I don't really care, since i payed for premium, and netfone...

But it is bad ethics to disable a legit program.

Besides, there are ways around it, and there will always be until everyone is forced to type root passwords to log into gameranger. So STFU.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2003, 03:56:31 am by Jeb » Logged

No sig pics please! - Mauti
Next time you get a ban, Jeb.
|?K|*R@p1d*: i mean, i'm like the worst rs player ever
Ross Koepke

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2003, 08:12:43 pm »

My rights have been violated. I no longer have the choice to use a $20 shareware app and now have to pay $50 to a company that is using its monopoly to stifle competition and this hurts me, the customer. I am forced to use GR for games such as Rogue Spear, where GR was bundled with the game and I don't have any other option.

Permabanned from GR as of 4/7/03 22:18:24
BTs_Colin

Not Gorfs Brother

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2003, 08:42:24 pm »

OMG YOU IDIOTS READ MY THREAD

C'MON

i'm the DP facial when your searching for teen
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2003, 09:47:30 pm »

My rights have been violated. I no longer have the choice to use a $20 shareware app

Wrong, you have a choice, more then one.

a company that is using its monopoly to stifle competition and this hurts me, the customer.

Really?  What has Evill done to stifle MaG?  Or GameScout?  Because that's as close to competition as GR has.  Haxial (NetFone) is not in competition with GR, it's not a game service for macs.

I am forced to use GR for games such as Rogue Spear, where GR was bundled with the game and I don't have any other option.

Again, flat out wrong.  Other options have been pointed out.  GR is just so far above the other options (things like MaG, AIM, etc) that you don't want to IP join, which is all the Game was designed for.

And aren't you permabanned from GR anyway?  Doesn't that make your statements an obvious lie?

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Screw the pussy isolationists and their shortsightedness - Buccaneer
Ross Koepke

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2003, 10:03:43 pm »

Haxial (NetFone) is not in competition with GR, it's not a game service for macs.
If it didn't pose a threat to GR, why the hell would evill block it?

And aren't you permabanned from GR anyway?? Doesn't that make your statements an obvious lie?

No, it doesn't. Since I was permabanned I haven't played any games except for one LAN party I hosted. That's right, no games for 7 months running.  This is because GR is the only option for me as a macintosh gamer. MaGNet Client went under last I heard.

Acri

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2003, 10:08:06 pm »

Koepke: Buy premium and you will be back on GR in no time.

Oh and on another note:
Were you born that stupid or did you hit your head when Evill kicked you out?

Ross Koepke

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2003, 10:21:07 pm »

Koepke: Buy premium and you will be back on GR in no time

Oh really? *BULLSHIT*. Even if I bought premium, evill could keep me banned, as per the user agreement. I'd like to see a quote of him saying this. LMAO!

|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2003, 10:28:56 pm »

If it didn't pose a threat to GR, why the hell would evill block it?

Simple, He's adding features to the premium accounts (ie paying customers) and he's removing features from the non-premium accounts (ie freeloaders).  He's blocking the ability to chat for the freeloaders, not the application itself.  He's making in game chat a feature for his customers.

Like I've written before, this is not a new tactic in business.  

No, it doesn't. Since I was permabanned I haven't played any games except for one LAN party I hosted. That's right, no games for 7 months running.  This is because GR is the only option for me as a macintosh gamer. MaGNet Client went under last I heard.

Ross, if you haven't played a game for 7 months because of being banned from GR, you are either a complete idiot or a liar (ie, you don't want to and are blaming GR).  Plenty of people that were banned manage to find IP's and join the games.  Even some that went over to PC's.    What, do you go to Ann Arbor Academy instead of Huron?

And I can tell by your "gone under last I heard" that you actually spent no time looking.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Ross Koepke

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2003, 10:36:07 pm »

Plenty of people that were banned manage to find IP's and join the games.
1) This is a hell of a lot more effort.
2) You can't IP into GhR games.

What, do you go to Ann Arbor Academy instead of Huron?
Hey nice job making this personal, asshole.  
A) You have no right to talk about schools in my town unless you live here, which I doubt that you do.
B) I go to Pioneer and I'm taking all accelerated, advanced placement classes and I skipped Physical Science, so you can shove it.
C) I have friends who do in fact go to Ann Arbor Academy, so I take this comment personally.

FUCK OUT OF MY PERSONAL LIFE BITCH!

|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2003, 10:56:04 pm »

1) This is a hell of a lot more effort.
2) You can't IP into GhR games.

1) More effort doesn't make it not a choice dumbass.
2) IP joining hasn't been blocked for 7 months either.
3) The games you join sure as hell don't have to be hosted on GR.  The games themselves have the ability to host and join.

Hey nice job making this personal, asshole.  
A) You have no right to talk about schools in my town unless you live here, which I doubt that you do.
B) I go to Pioneer and I'm taking all accelerated, advanced placement classes and I skipped Physical Science, so you can shove it.
C) I have friends who do in fact go to Ann Arbor Academy, so I take this comment personally.

FUCK OUT OF MY PERSONAL LIFE BITCH!
A) How would I know them otherwise dumbass?
B) Wow, AP classes at Pioneer, guess that makes you more educated then the rest of us.
C) Good, take it personally.

Fuck off with your stupid conclusions like the fact that taking effort for you to use a game as DESIGNED is equal to there not actually being other choices.  That is nothing but the talk of a spoiled child.

-SW- Baz

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2003, 11:28:07 pm »

Bucc,

Are you implying you live in AA?
If so i'd be happy to mean in Troit to discuss your insolent comments personally.
Seeing how many
 1) posts on these forums
 2) hours on GR
 3) simply foolish remarks
 4) lack of a life

i have guessed that you're probably some teenaged nerd with nothing to do except have friends online and brag about how remarkably smart you think you are.

Go get a life, or meet send me some info so we can discuss this offline.

He who lives by the sword gets shot by those who don't.
Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2003, 11:29:52 pm »

Hahahahahahaha. Baz, you win the Fucktard of the Week award.

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
Acri

« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2003, 11:33:45 pm »

It doesn't stop there! Baz is also a horrible poet! Go read his attempts at "Workaround for nf"

-SW- Baz

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2003, 11:38:35 pm »

Loth,
ThankyoU! you're fucktard of the CENTURY award is in the mail
 (selected carefully from the compost pile)

As for Acri...

He who lives by the sword gets shot by those who don't.
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2003, 03:00:55 am »

Bucc,

Are you implying you live in AA?

No, I've said before, I went to grad school there.

Seeing how many
 1) posts on these forums
 2) hours on GR
 3) simply foolish remarks
 4) lack of a life

i have guessed that you're probably some teenaged nerd with nothing to do except have friends online and brag about how remarkably smart you think you are.

Seeing how many wrong assumptions you made, it doesn't surprise me that you went to the wrong conclusion as well.  I'm hardly a teen.  Have a wife, a baby, make good money, have good friends and a top notch education.

If so i'd be happy to mean in Troit to discuss your insolent comments personally.
Go get a life, or meet send me some info so we can discuss this offline.

I live right outside Detroit at the moment.  I'd be happy to meet you, but I really don't think you'd like how it would turn out.  You have the balls to make a challenge like that, implying that I'm a scrawny little geek too timid to meet up with you.  Well, you guessed wrong.  Feel free to meet me under the clock tower at Greenfield Village on any night of your choosing. I'll be the big guy on the motorcycle.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads