*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 04, 2024, 03:25:13 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Game's in Mac OS 10.3
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Game's in Mac OS 10.3  (Read 3184 times)
Ace
Resident Ass
God bless the freaks

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2003, 10:16:45 am »

I don't know about anybody else, but my copy of Panther is already in Fedex's hands. I got the free shipping but Apple seems to have upgraded it to 2-day shipping for free. It says it should be here "Oct 24, 2003 by 4:30 pm." Bwahahaha...

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Cobra

Slap ma fro!

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2003, 10:37:15 pm »

I don't know about anybody else, but my copy of Panther is already in Fedex's hands. I got the free shipping but Apple seems to have upgraded it to 2-day shipping for free. It says it should be here "Oct 24, 2003 by 4:30 pm." Bwahahaha...
Buh?!  Sweet...

If you don't like the way I drive, get off the damn sidewalk!
Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

i heart ghostsniper's austrian wife

« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2003, 03:12:46 am »

Well, i have my official copy from the up to date program coming tomorrow, and i have a free copy coming from the ADC on monday.

No sig pics please! - Mauti
Next time you get a ban, Jeb.
|?K|*R@p1d*: i mean, i'm like the worst rs player ever
Ace
Resident Ass
God bless the freaks

« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2003, 04:21:48 am »

Well, i have my official copy from the up to date program coming tomorrow, and i have a free copy coming from the ADC on monday.

Ditto. But for some stupid fucking reason, according to the tracking number, my copy is currently in Mephis after starting the day in Oakland. Fedex, are you retarded?

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2003, 07:02:11 pm »

My copy just got here.  Time to start the installs.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Screw the pussy isolationists and their shortsightedness - Buccaneer
seth
Forum Whore

« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2003, 07:03:58 pm »

Hey Jeb,

Je vois pas en koi le fait que macbidouille soit francais ait quelque chose a avoir ici dans le sujet qui nous interesse.
Et pis si taime pas les gens de mon pays, ta ka susser ma ke !

Truly yours
« Last Edit: October 24, 2003, 07:18:43 pm by e?e bob » Logged

OMG another 4 years !!!
e?e G??nk

Allah wakbar

« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2003, 07:13:36 pm »

Je suis enti?rement d'accord avec toi Bob, ne dites pas du mal de nous autres Fran?ais sur des forums publics, c'est tr?s malvenu. Aha.

Battle League is boring
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2003, 07:36:08 pm »

Hey Bob,

?Por que necesita el frances para ser tan arrogante cuando ellos no han contribuido nada bueno al mundo desde que la revolucion?

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

seth
Forum Whore

« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2003, 07:56:12 pm »

Bucc,

i'm not going to argue with you on the fact that France did not do anything for the World since the revolution, i'm just gonna send you back to school, unless you're still there
 Shocked
« Last Edit: October 24, 2003, 08:00:00 pm by e?e bob » Logged

OMG another 4 years !!!
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2003, 05:22:22 am »

Bob, I'll compare my education to yours any day.  And I'd be happy to argue with you on what good France has done for the world since the revolution, and why they seem so arrogant.  If you think you could hack it.

More to the point, you seem to miss the fact that it's rude to post to someone in a language they don't understand.  Guess that was wasted on you.

To answer a question, yet again, that you say you haven't gotten the answer to.  You were booted from the game for being rude.  Plain and fucking simple, isn't it?  You weren't banned (yet), but you were kicked for being rude.  You may also have been kicked for not readying up quick enough, as that happens all the time.  

Now, if you don't like that we kick for those reasons, good, don't play on our servers.  But your rants about some MP conspiracy are tiresome and remind me of Rapid.  Oh, the moderators are abusing their power; oh, they kicked me from their game.  Boo fucking hoo.  You are making a pretty big deal out of getting kicked out of a game.  Have some rejection issues you need to talk about?

*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2003, 10:02:42 am »

Good news for Panther game performance!

barefeats.com showed an almost 20percent gain in UT2003 Botmatch even on older G4s so probably also AA should run better now.  Grin

Bye,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2003, 12:59:48 pm »

Just wondering, how many of you out there are doing a complete reinstall, including erasing your hard drive and setting it as journaled (if you hadn't done so already)?

It's usually a good idea, and it's a good time to clean things up.

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2003, 01:39:02 pm »

Me me me!

All Four Drives are getting a spring clean, backed up, repartitoned and where applicable system clean installed. Allways nice to spring clean your mac once in a while - keeps things ship shape! Wink

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Toxic::Joka
Forum Whore

Now available in PC flavour.

« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2003, 01:50:52 pm »

Me me me!

Had this iMac for a year and a half now, and never did any kinda harddrive fixes/cleanings/complete reinstalls/anything, Its about time to clean this machine up.

Cleaning + Panther = Wooooooot

kos.viper
Forum Whore

« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2003, 05:12:16 pm »

Hmm, I would do that too only if I felt like spending 15 hours backing up all of my files on DVD-Rs.  How's panther running for you guys?... mine won't get here until Tuesday  Angry

kos.viper
Xbox LIVE Gamertag: Brain 7
The box said "requires Windows 98 or better"... so I bought a Mac.
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2003, 05:34:33 pm »

Which is why I back up to firewire hard drives.  =D

|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2003, 03:31:35 am »

Just a quick update.  I finally got around to playing GhR on Panther the other night.  When I was watching Alaric play (after I died) I noticed I was getting a solid 67FPS.  I even took a couple screen shots of it.  I hadn't dialed my monitor resolution up to where I normally have it (it was still on 80X600) but it was over that 60FPS hump and stayed there.

Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

i heart ghostsniper's austrian wife

« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2003, 04:23:50 am »

french people,
no hablo  rana.

And i've noticed GHR stepping over the 60fps barrier now, most i saw was 73 the other day.

No sig pics please! - Mauti
Next time you get a ban, Jeb.
|?K|*R@p1d*: i mean, i'm like the worst rs player ever
Mr.Mellow
Official ass-kisser
Forum Whore

m00t!

« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2003, 04:47:56 am »

Haven't tried GhR in Panther yet, must be my laziness, and my addiction to Hearts of Iron(God I love this game). I'll get around to it tomorrow. I've noticed substantial increases in speed in just about everything I've tested though. I've got a 466 G4 and it's running quite shmexily. Cool

It puts itself on ice...It puts itself on ice, or else it gets the orange juice again!

m00t, I am the Screwer of Squirming Citrus.
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2003, 09:26:56 am »

Well i must admit im getting a touch inpatient now... Panther still hasn't arrived.. apple said it was in the hands of parcel force and should arive... but it still hasn't! Sad

For the guys that are seeing inprovments in framerates - can i ask how much these inproments are by? Jeb what were you getting before?

Wonder for people who did complete reinstalls whether cleaning up your system and the de-defragmentation of your harddrive has also contributed to the speed and framerates as well as the new system.

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads