*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 02:26:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Please Delete This Thread
Poll
Question: Should the U.S. Nuke North Korea for Making Nukes?
Hell Yeah!  Nuke em til they glow! - 6 (20%)
Nah, just bomb em into the dark ages - 5 (16.7%)
No, Invade them and find the WMDs! - 6 (20%)
Nah, just leave the poor bastards alone til they nuke us first - 9 (30%)
No, Please Don't Nuke Me, I live in North Korea! - 4 (13.3%)
Total Voters: 29

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Please Delete This Thread  (Read 9266 times)
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2003, 07:30:47 am »

and i think with 1 nuk u could probably make the planet go smoked

Ok, quit thinking, quit typing, and especially, quit smoking.  There are bombs that range in sizes from much smaller to what was dropped on Japan to hundreds of times bigger.  So what.  Learn a little about fallout, it's range, how it travels, etc, and then realize all the other factors involved.  Finally, figure out that 1) there is no single bomb big enough to fuck over the entire planet (although, dropping a few on the ice cap may have some global impact if it were done) and 2) The powers that be look at the fallout as part of the equation on which bomb to use, where and when.  

It's not a "one bomb fits all" type equation.  If we were to actually Nuke North Korea, I doubt it would be an ICBM with multiple warheads, it would most likely be a tomahawk cruise missile or two, from a sub or more likely from a couple F14's.  They would be smaller, tactical nukes most likely, designed to take out Korea's own nukes.  

Not that I think nukes will ever be exchanged, just saying that if they were, it wouldn't be ICBM's.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Screw the pussy isolationists and their shortsightedness - Buccaneer
Cutter

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

« Reply #61 on: October 14, 2003, 08:31:38 pm »

so umm, i've forwarded these posts to a few cable news channels and it seems to have sparked off a bidding war between CNN and FOX news. ( i disqualified msnbc strictly on the basis of it's partnership with microsoft). hehe. turns out that bob novak is in trouble over the CIA leak thing and they need some new talent. so ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, i'm proud to announce that starting next week at 5 pm est. on CNN you can catch Tasty on the left and Buccaner on the right on the new crossfire. michael moore was slated to be the first guest host but unfortunatly he was found this morning dead in a motel room apparently choked to death on tastycake butterscotch krimpets and ho-ho's. the room was also littered with empty KFC buckets, naked pics of ralph nader, and dozens of prescriptions that appear to have been filled out by rush limbaugh.  Grin Grin Grin
« Last Edit: October 14, 2003, 08:34:35 pm by Cutter » Logged

Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn.
PsYcO aSsAsSiN
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

A blast from the past...

« Reply #62 on: October 14, 2003, 09:49:01 pm »

(a B-1B or B-2 would be the most likely delivery method if an aircraft was used).

Not to harp on anything, but we would mostly use a Strike fighter rather than an airplane due to North Korea's around the clock air patrols. You'd more likely see a F-15E Strike Eagle, or a F/A 18E Super Hornet drop the bombs because of their superior speed and handling, while also having the armament to hold off an enemy counter attack. Then again, we may fire a couple low yield ( as opposed to the high yield neutron bombs) nuclear tipped tomahawk missiles from one of our many guided missile cruisers in the Pacific.

We can hit North Korea in virtually any way, conventional or special, from almost any angle, so there is no point in really talking about this. If we want to hit them, we will and suffer minimal (if any) casualties while doing it.

As Bucc said earlier, we have Nuke's of all sizes...the only way we would use our monster ICBM's launched from our boomers hiding in the arctic is if Nuclear winter was upon us, or if we desired to make North Korea glow green.

Rainbow 6/Rogue Spear/Ghost Recon/Raven Shield/America's Army/XBOX 360: Mighty Bruin

-retired- (MIA 6/17/02)
Hasta la vista, baby!  Embarrassed
Co-Leader, clan PsYcO.

Clan PsYcO - 11/01/00 - 02/08/02
R.I.P. Grifter
smoke.aHa!

I'ma take your llama!

« Reply #63 on: October 14, 2003, 11:58:54 pm »

Bucc, in the 1990's in russia some nuklear plant was  messing with a nuclear particles and boom they blue their selfs up and a few towns near them. in this area crops went dead and the pollution scales across the world went up all because messing with a little bit of this stuff. this isnt old skool hyroshuma where talking here, this is nuking a country that is near the top of the planet, winds would blow alot of stuff this way and affect harvets in the US and canada ( no one cares about typhy land [ alaska ] since its only a border so the russians cant get on this continent)  hat would affect the vinyards and other crops in california , and california is in a 83 billion doller difficet, dont think that would help. even a small nuke would splatter crap into china mayba, nuking is a bad thing now a days, no one builds pussy whipped nukes any more.  if there was a world war 3 with all these terriorts countries we would all go boom, we had our first chance in ww1 and our second in ww2, our third ww will not be forgiven,with a nuke or two we would destroy the enviorment that inter acts with each other, there fore fucking everyone

BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #64 on: October 15, 2003, 01:42:39 am »

Catch a clue....we've been fighting WWIII since September 11, 2001.  Nobody ever said that the next world war after WWII had to be nuclear.  (quoting Bill O'Reilly here)

Very lame quote/idea.

If there's any war going on here, it's the USA (and buttbuddy the UK) vs almost all the world. Let's see, the US tries to threaten the UN into giving the war in Iraq approval. They put forth knowingly false evidence. George Bush leans and narrows his eyes through a entire State of the Union. They go in anyway. They find no WMD. They insult Canada for not helping, although it's Canada dealing with Afganastan. Iraq is in chaos worse than under Sadams rule after the US attacks. CNN gives Anderson Cooper his own show Wink. And some time during all this George finds time to choke on a pretzel and almost die.

Oh right....I almost forgot, Bin Laden is still alive, and Sadam is yet to be found...

<sarcasm>

How foolish of me....I forgot...the US, being the super power that it is, has taken the role of international police...How silly of me.

</sarcasm>

I stand by my other posts, and yes it does look like the US will be in trouble (troop # wise) if they get into a war with N Korea.

...The possibilities of another World War are endless...

P.S. Ahhhhhhnold for President!

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
Cossack
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

SEMPER TRANSFUEGA

« Reply #65 on: October 15, 2003, 03:10:47 am »

and i think with 1 nuk u could probably make the planet go smoked

there is no single bomb big enough to fuck over the entire planet (although, dropping a few on the ice cap may have some global impact if it were done)

Here is a little intresting fact I picked up. If you drop a very large Nuclear bomb (I am talking about the "monster bomb" the Russians tested in Kamchatka during the 60s) in the Sahara, radioactive dust will spread globally. I am not saying we will all die or anything, but I bet you cancer rates world wide would raise dramaticaly.

BREAD LAND AND PEACE!
R.I.P Grifter
Cossack
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

SEMPER TRANSFUEGA

« Reply #66 on: October 15, 2003, 03:24:36 am »

Sin, I dont know where you got the "small casualty scenario". I have heard from an interview with General Campbell of the US 8th Army. He said that a million people (figure includes civilans) would die in the first hours of the war. Then again he could of meant a scenario where the DPRK made the first move. I guess the scenario could be much more different if the US/ROK attacked first.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2003, 05:07:49 pm by Cossack » Logged

BREAD LAND AND PEACE!
R.I.P Grifter
smoke.aHa!

I'ma take your llama!

« Reply #67 on: October 15, 2003, 06:14:09 am »

Catch a clue....we've been fighting WWIII since September 11, 2001.  Nobody ever said that the next world war after WWII had to be nuclear.  (quoting Bill O'Reilly here)
if u quote bill o reilly then u might as well quote oprah
Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right.
now that is an actualy pwnage quote.
now how is george bush sending his chronies into afghanistan and iraq and probably north korea and iraq a world war? world war is a group against another group who have a balance of power and want to stomp each other out, what bush is doing is going around and laughing at all the poor people who have it bad and siting in his big confy chair and watching it on tv. which afghanistan iraq and north korea and probably iran have censorded, filtered tv. they cant see bush Cheesy

PsYcO aSsAsSiN
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

A blast from the past...

« Reply #68 on: October 15, 2003, 08:05:22 pm »

Sin, I dont know where you got the "small casualty scenario". I have heard from an interview with General Campbell of the US 8th Army. He said that a million people (figure includes civilans) would die in the first hours of the war. Then again he could of meant a scenario where the DPRK made the first move. I guess the scenario could be much more different if the US/ROK attacked first.

Small casualties in a strike, not a war. Only scenario of us going to war is if they invade one of our allies or hit us with nuclear weaponry.

Rainbow 6/Rogue Spear/Ghost Recon/Raven Shield/America's Army/XBOX 360: Mighty Bruin

-retired- (MIA 6/17/02)
Hasta la vista, baby!  Embarrassed
Co-Leader, clan PsYcO.

Clan PsYcO - 11/01/00 - 02/08/02
R.I.P. Grifter
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #69 on: October 16, 2003, 12:08:42 am »

If there's any war going on here, it's the USA (and buttbuddy the UK) vs almost all the world.

Don't forget it's bitch, Canada.

No need to quote the rest of your argument.  You are a child Myst, with child like ideals and views.  Not really worthy of correction because you don't seem to be able to grasp the some of the more involved concepts.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

smoke.aHa!

I'ma take your llama!

« Reply #70 on: October 16, 2003, 12:36:21 am »

bush isnt stupid enough to attack mexico, all mexican love mexico, and all the mexicans that live in california and the rest of the US , we would rebel and destroy joo all

Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

Respect: The most important thing you'll ever earn

« Reply #71 on: October 19, 2003, 06:58:25 am »

i love how flippantly most of you are throwing around the idea of nuclear weapons... it really scares me to think that some of you may be in charge of a nation some day

"Engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance."  Dr. A. R. Dykes -1976
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #72 on: October 19, 2003, 07:16:00 am »

i love how flippantly most of you are throwing around the idea of nuclear weapons... it really scares me to think that some of you may be in charge of a nation some day

I don't think that's a valid concern Brain =D

Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

« Reply #73 on: October 19, 2003, 07:44:14 am »

you never know. i mean, look a george w.

oh, and to answer a question ghost sniper had earlier, I'm studying to be a materials science engineer. and that quote is 100% correct. you would not believe how many times we simply choose to ignore little things like friction or the fact that stuff bends when you load it

« Last Edit: October 19, 2003, 07:48:03 am by Brain » Logged

"Engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance."  Dr. A. R. Dykes -1976
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #74 on: October 19, 2003, 10:52:58 pm »

George W. is the greatest President ever!  He's right up there with Reagan, Richard Nixon, and Eisenhower!

LOL.  Yeah, and if those are the top 4, I'll eat my boxers.

Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

« Reply #75 on: October 20, 2003, 02:58:52 am »

where the hell were Washington and  Lincoln in that list?  or are you going to try tell me that they didn't do anything at all for our country

Ace
Resident Ass
God bless the freaks

« Reply #76 on: October 20, 2003, 03:35:22 am »

George W. is the greatest President ever!  He's right up there with Reagan, Richard Nixon, and Eisenhower!

LOL.  Yeah, and if those are the top 4, I'll eat my boxers.

LOL. Yeah, and if Bucc stopped wearing panties, I'll eat my boxers.

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

« Reply #77 on: October 20, 2003, 05:46:05 pm »

ok, fine, there are 10 names there for presidents (i still say that bush should not be on that list)... what about the 10 greatest Vice Presidents?

Ace
Resident Ass
God bless the freaks

« Reply #78 on: October 20, 2003, 07:22:52 pm »

where the hell were Washington and  Lincoln in that list?  or are you going to try tell me that they didn't do anything at all for our country

I was only going back to the 20th Century, sorry.  But hey, here's my list of the 10 greatest U.S. Presidents, in order:

1. George Washington
2. Thomas Jefferson
3. Abraham Lincoln
4. Andrew Jackson
5. Ronald Reagan
6. Theadore Roosevelt
7. Dwight Eisenhower
8. George W. Bush
9. James Madison
10. Woodrow Wilson

And hey, I don't wanna hear any bullshit from anybody studying Engineering in college.....I have a degree in History and Political Science.....so this is my area of study!

I'm not going to even get into the full list (like how Reagan and Ike are so high), but Dubya definitely does NOT belong on any top 10 lists. His domestic policy has been absolute ass. He has seen fit to piss all over the Constitution in the name of "security." Honestly, above all else, it is the responsibility of the President to uphold the Constitution. Instead, Dubya and his adminstration have passed such wonderful bills such as the P.A.T.R.I.O.T. Act which conveniently ignores this thing call the Bill of Rights. Then there is TIA, basically the government's way of going Big Brother on us in the name of "security." I say fuck that and fuck anyone who endorses how Bush has fucked the American public. Admittedly, I have agreed with his foreign policy mostly, and I think he did the right thing by going into Aghanistan and Iraq. However, his heinous crimes against the American people cannot go unnoticed.

You should be ashamed of yourself for rating him above Franklin Delano Roosevelt, the man who led us through one of our darkest hours like none other, save maybe Lincoln.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2003, 07:25:16 pm by Ace » Logged

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

« Reply #79 on: October 20, 2003, 07:51:01 pm »

ok, fine, there are 10 names there for presidents (i still say that bush should not be on that list)... what about the 10 greatest Vice Presidents?

When Brain asks for it, Brain gets it!  Here are the 10 greatest Vice Presidents in U.S. History (in my opinion!):

1. Thomas Jefferson
2. John Adams
3. Theadore Roosevelt
4. George Bush
5. Dick Cheney
6. Richard Nixon
7. John Tyler
8. Martin van Buren
9. Charles Dawes
10. Hannibal Hamlin

There you have it!

excuse me. but where the fuck is dan quayle?

think about it. every time bush senior fucked something up. all he needed to do was have quayle give a speech on something else. and BOOM the media was drawn to him like bullets are to Fassst and Ejo

political suicide for him, but for the elder bush he was a political masterpeice

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads