*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 04:26:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Please Delete This Thread
Poll
Question: Should the U.S. Nuke North Korea for Making Nukes?
Hell Yeah!  Nuke em til they glow! - 6 (20%)
Nah, just bomb em into the dark ages - 5 (16.7%)
No, Invade them and find the WMDs! - 6 (20%)
Nah, just leave the poor bastards alone til they nuke us first - 9 (30%)
No, Please Don't Nuke Me, I live in North Korea! - 4 (13.3%)
Total Voters: 29

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Please Delete This Thread  (Read 9337 times)
Mr.Mellow
Official ass-kisser
Forum Whore

m00t!

« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2003, 10:34:25 pm »

Another reason we'll probably never use nukes again is that if we nuked North Korea, we'd end up contaminating a big part of the region with radiation and fallout because of shifting winds and stuff. I woulda put that in my first post but I forgot...I always forget important things. Oh well.

It puts itself on ice...It puts itself on ice, or else it gets the orange juice again!

m00t, I am the Screwer of Squirming Citrus.
tasty
Special Forces
Forum Whore

we hate it when our friends become successful

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2003, 02:09:32 am »

Can't take a tasty joke?  Err....Can't take a joke, tasty?  lol

No, I love jokes, it's just that this one isn't very funny.

Patriots always talk of dying for their country and never of killing for their country.? -Bertrand Russell
*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

Where is the knowledge we lost with information?

« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2003, 02:22:03 am »

If we absolutely positively had to attack Korea I would rather them nuke them then send in ground troops. I wouldn't wish guerrilla warfare traps, poor conditions, foreign disease and maybe even a draft on any American(let alone any other soldier)

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
~ Einstein
Blitz

Pride and dignity mean nothing on the battlefield!

« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2003, 03:15:30 am »

I guess the only thing wrong with GhostSniper is his lack of research.  The problem he is stating is like 3 months old.  China and N. Korea are talking it over.  Plus, the UN Inspectors will be disarming them when the only country that has balls, the US of A, tells them to.

A lot of people complain that America is the only country that uses nukes.  They are right, but do they have the security to protect ambassidors from every fucking nation in the world?  France won't work. The reason, Joe Millionaire. England, too small.   Germany, hmmm.. Can we say past?

I WILL EAT YOUR SOUL!!!!! RRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2003, 03:18:44 am »

Blitz pull your head out of your ass and realise if every nation was equal there wouldn't be war. Only when one nation tries to rise above the rest does war occur.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2003, 03:23:07 am »

Blitz, take Myst's advice, although, personally, I'd suggest you have a proctologist do it for you.

It's that American arrogance, Myst. Just gotta get used to it.  

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
Cossack
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

SEMPER TRANSFUEGA

« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2003, 03:58:33 am »

Hmmm lets see, well we can station the UN in China, they are big and have lots of troops, or we can do it in Russia who has a skilled army, or you know what, we can do it in the UK, because it is not a matter of size but security. The Brits may have a small army but they are very skilled. There are many many nations that have the security to house the UN so your premise that only the US can do it is first of all stupid and its also false.

Also, why not France? Whats so wrong with France? Is it because your congressman prefers to call french fries freedom fries? Its your type of thinking that makes me want to lable you an ignorant hick from Cousin Fuck, USA. Yes they do have a competent up to date army, that can secure the UN in a place like Paris. Afterall they have had terrorist attacks in NYC but they havent had them in Paris. Hmmmmmm, who is more secure?

BREAD LAND AND PEACE!
R.I.P Grifter
The Golden Shark

hehehe my picture is funny.........

« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2003, 04:28:15 am »

DAMN mysterio, so we share minds when it comes to this topic? i wonder Wink  

but as for you gheisniper. its americans like you, that give us a bad name, and make the rest of the world hate us... i bet you voted for bush, and own a gun of some kind, you right wing hick.

And the Lord said, "Let there be G5!", and there was G5, and it was good. Everyone was amazed and gave praise to Steve Jobs. And Steve Jobs saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. On the second day, Steve Jobs drove Wintel from the garden of NASDAQ in a fury -- f
Cossack
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

SEMPER TRANSFUEGA

« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2003, 05:12:32 am »

You know I have a hard time beleiving you are an adult with a family, because you act very immature for an adult. Even if you do have those views, your delivery of them is that of a middle schooler.

So you are a genius of war? You act like no officer I know. Hell I have a great uncle and all his sons who have served in Vietnam. All were officers and they act alot differently than you. Every officer that I have met acts differently than you.

If you are a genius of war tell me what verticle envelopment means. What is scattered armoured support? Also what is OCS?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2003, 05:18:51 am by Cossack » Logged

BREAD LAND AND PEACE!
R.I.P Grifter
Cossack
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

SEMPER TRANSFUEGA

« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2003, 05:21:59 am »

Well I go to school and work about the same amount of time if not more.I have University and a 40 hour a week job. I dont act gun hoe and like a middle schooler. Excuses like that is something a middle schooler would make.

BREAD LAND AND PEACE!
R.I.P Grifter
Cossack
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

SEMPER TRANSFUEGA

« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2003, 06:04:07 am »

I go to the University of Texas at Austin (it isnt particuarly left nor is it right) and yes I am a democrat and I am not attempting to deny your right to free speech am I? Did I say for you to "shut up you are not allowed to say that?" I am merely analyzing your argument and it seems childish and hateful. I never said your views should be banned did I? DID I? How in earth am I attempting to deny you freedom of speech? I think you have been listening to too much Rush and his warped rhetoric of a pain killer addict. I appreciate your service to this country (if you are telling the truth) I myself am in ROTC and plan to take the same course, but it dosent add any truth or moral highground to your arguments.

You still havent replied my questions about Verticle Envelopement.
If you were a LT in the Air Force Special Forces as you claim in your signature, you should be able to tell me what I am talking about without a second thought.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2003, 06:53:59 am by Cossack » Logged

BREAD LAND AND PEACE!
R.I.P Grifter
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2003, 06:28:05 am »

It must be nice to be happy in the ignorance that most of you live in.  Especially you Myst.  Keep blaming America and acting like being the only remaining super-power is something to be ashamed of.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Screw the pussy isolationists and their shortsightedness - Buccaneer
Cossack
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

SEMPER TRANSFUEGA

« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2003, 06:58:52 am »

I dont think Myst's last posts had anything to do with insulting America just because it is a superpower. He is explaining how volitile the situation is that is all, and how America is going about this the wrong way. So whats your view on this Bucc?[color]

BREAD LAND AND PEACE!
R.I.P Grifter
Cutter

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2003, 07:28:09 am »

going about what the wrong way cossack? cause the question here is dealing with north korea. and so far all i've seen is north korea break a treaty, resume it's desire for nuclear weapons, and publicly threaten america with those nuclear weapons every few weeks or so. if all they want is food or money then they sure do have a funny way of asking for it. what do you think would happen if that goofy little midget threatened his neighbors russia or china like that? ...he'd be gone already. having russia and china as major players in the talks may be the only thing keeping this guy in line and his country above water. in fact i've heard quite alot of people (mostly democrats) say that we should have attacked north korea instead of iraq. i too believe korea was and is the bigger threat. but taking out one gives the other something to think about. and as bad as the press makes the war in iraq look, it's a cake-walk compared to what would happen if we went into a ground war in korea again. i believe the casualty rates were around 40% in korea last time around. so how would you handle this situation cossack? get bullied around by a sick little freak with a big bark, go full into war, or hold multi-latteral talks with the bully and his much stronger neighbors to calm him down and make him realize that he's in a no win situation.?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2003, 08:04:21 am by Cutter » Logged

Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn.
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2003, 11:19:44 am »

North Korea (not the USA) is trying to start the cold war all over again, just with themselves as a major player now.

Like Bush or hate him, don't let that blind you to some of the facts out there.  Bush isn't the issue in this case.  The North Korean government has been pretty aggressive, and threatening, not to mention breaking the afore mentioned treaties.  

If North Korea did use a nuke, we would have to use nukes back.  That's just not even a question.  If the USA didn't, you could write it and Canada off the map shortly thereafter.  

No, I'm not for a preemptive nuclear strike.  I'm not even for a preemptive surgical strike at this point.  Let some others try and talk some sense into them.  But one thing I do know, another cold war is NOT what we need.  

For anyone that thinks America was wrong for dropping the bomb(s) in WW2, I defy you to come up with a logical alternative to it (that wasn't tried and failed).  Don't spout any bullshit about asking the Japanese how they feel about fallout, why not ask the Chinese how they felt about the biological weapons and the attempted genocide that the Japanese tried to commit on them?  And lets talk about who thought civilians were legitimate targets and who didn't.  And then ask yourself whey Japan didn't surrender when we told them about the bomb?  Why they didn't surrender till after the Second bomb?  

And finally, look at the estimates on how many lives, both American and Japanese, would have been lost if there were an invasion (and include the civilians in that).  

One last thought on why it had to be dropped then.  Because it always had to be dropped at least once.  Somewhere, sometime, someone would have to do it for us all to realize how bad it could be.  Otherwise, it wouldn't seem real.  That's human nature.  If it hadn't happened then, it probably would have happened in the cold war, and that would have been the end of us all.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

TRIBE_Horda

www.tribeclan.fr.st

« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2003, 04:11:54 pm »

It must be nice to be happy in the ignorance that most of you live in.  Especially you Myst.  Keep blaming America and acting like being the only remaining super-power is something to be ashamed of.

cant say usa peeps r dumb when u c 1 dumb usa guy

like u get stolen in street by a black man , a french, a arab, a yankee u  gona say all of em r thieves?

the prob is Bush gov i think not usa people...

and using  nukes on civilians its another shape of deathcamps

nuclear deterrence that only good nukes are for

and no i dont think french gov is better....

----[TRIBE]Clan----
http://www.tribeclan.fr.st
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2003, 04:48:10 pm »

Yes I do agree with Bucc N. Korea is trying to start another cold war. But I think they have an agenda to stall the war, just not ever start it. They may be developing fleets of nukes. If even one made it through, WW3 would be as good as started.

Another theory based on speculation, but that's what a smart person would do. The only thing is, should the USA attack now the Israelis might convince them to allow them to take control of Iraq for them. Or they might use this shield to completely end Palestine. Then again, maybe Iran will take over Iraq when the Americans are looking.

But what if the US moves into Iran for another war? They will keep over extending themselves, maybe N Korea will see this and do another intelligent thing, attack the US off American soil (in Iraq, and possibly Iran). We don't know if China isn?t aligned with N Korea. There's always deception in this world. There are too many possibilities to mention.

And perhaps I should be insulting the American people for what their government does...Then again in democratic America Bush won the election by a majority, slim, but still a majority.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
PsYcO aSsAsSiN
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

A blast from the past...

« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2003, 06:06:46 pm »

Holy shit...what the hell happened to this thread? If only people researched their comments before posting, we could have an intelligent argument about a very serious problem...but since people don't do that and resort to childish personal attacks, we see how a potentially good thread has turned into crap.

For the record GhostSniper, if you claim to know something, do not copy/paste the definition straight from the DoD...it looks bad for yourself. http://www.dtic.mil/doctrine/jel/doddict/data/v/05634.html

My prediction for North Korea (like I said earlier) will be a strike on it's production facilities, artillery pieces on the border, missile silo's and portable launchers, and their air defense network. It has been proven countless times before that diplomacy doesnt work and that Kim Jong Il flouts the internation community, so the only way to take away his leverage is to destroy it.

Rainbow 6/Rogue Spear/Ghost Recon/Raven Shield/America's Army/XBOX 360: Mighty Bruin

-retired- (MIA 6/17/02)
Hasta la vista, baby!  Embarrassed
Co-Leader, clan PsYcO.

Clan PsYcO - 11/01/00 - 02/08/02
R.I.P. Grifter
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2003, 07:15:47 pm »

Some great examples of what I was talking about Myst.

Yes I do agree with Bucc N. Korea is trying to start another cold war. But I think they have an agenda to stall the war, just not ever start it. They may be developing fleets of nukes. If even one made it through, WW3 would be as good as started.

First, what war are they stalling?  If they are stalling a full scale war, that would be the whole cold war scenario I'm talking about.  You say "but" which means there is an exception, but then you just talk about a cold war.

Second, you just named the logic behind why a preemptive strike may be a good thing.  

Another theory based on speculation, but that's what a smart person would do. The only thing is, should the USA attack now the Israelis might convince them to allow them to take control of Iraq for them. Or they might use this shield to completely end Palestine. Then again, maybe Iran will take over Iraq when the Americans are looking.

A smart person has some facts to base their speculation on.  And the facts of the matter are that the USA has kept Israel out of the Iraq problem, even when Iraq was attacking Israel.  Problems elsewhere wont change the fact that everyone KNOWS Israel getting involved in Iraq is a very very bad thing.  

They will keep over extending themselves, maybe N Korea will see this and do another intelligent thing, attack the US off American soil (in Iraq, and possibly Iran).

Ok, "keep over extending themselves".  How are we over-extended today?  We don't have enough troops, ships, planes, tanks left in our bases?  Considering how many people I know still in the reserves that have not been called to active duty, I'd say we are not over-extended at all.

And attacking America, no matter where, is not the intelligent thing to do.  

Not to mention that North Korea doesn't have the military infrastructure (nor would it get permission to cross through the nations in between) to go after the USA in the middle east.  

And perhaps I should be insulting the American people for what their government does...Then again in democratic America Bush won the election by a majority, slim, but still a majority.

And here you really show your ignorance on America Myst.  First, we are a Republic, not a Democracy.  You should look up the differences.  It's what got Bush elected for one thing.  Second, Bush did not win the election by a majority of the votes, he won by a majority in the electoral college (again, this is a Republic).  Gore actually received more of the votes.  

Perhaps you should blame your own country for what it does, and not look to heap your bullshit on America.  

Cossack
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

SEMPER TRANSFUEGA

« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2003, 08:11:56 pm »

Ghost, when I am in ROTC uniform and plan to be in the uniform of a 2nd LT soon, I am not going to be very vocal about my political affiliations. I dont consider myself a Clintonite Dem but more along the lines of LBJ. However my critique was your "gun-hoe" attitude towards the situation.

BREAD LAND AND PEACE!
R.I.P Grifter
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads