*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 05:25:37 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Which sport just plain sucks?
Poll
Question: Key work is SUCKS! Not which is best...
Soccer - 9 (25.7%)
Baseball - 8 (22.9%)
Hockey - 4 (11.4%)
Basketball - 10 (28.6%)
Football - 4 (11.4%)
Total Voters: 33

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Which sport just plain sucks?  (Read 3073 times)
*NADS Lo$eMoney

« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2003, 12:43:12 pm »

Ok in soccer, players take dives in order to get a penalty, basically they act hurt so the ref will feel sorry for them.  Now thats just down right pussy, you can't argue against that.  I mean you can talk about how dirty soccer players are all day but when you  just look at how the coaches tell their players to "holywood" an injury you realize how gay some aspects of soccer are.  Now as for the hardest thing in sports I would say it was survivng a single quarter of aussie rules football.  The players have to be in even more shape than soccer players, I mean the field is 185 meters long and 155 meters wide.  It requires not only a lot of lower body strength and coordination (it is a kick based sport) but a lot of upper body strent. for there is a lot of tackling and the whole point of the defence is to interfere with the catch.  It is probably the most phsically gruelling popular sport which isnt fighting.  I can remember a while back an NFL team hired an ARU (aussie rules union) player to kick.  And he made one tackle during his time in the NFL when his special teams failed to contain a kick returner,  the 155 pound kicker gave the 200 some odd pound  kick returner a concusion and forced him to fumble.  Despite all this i still consider Rugby my favorite sport, Aussie rules games are long winded and can go on forever, rugby just lasts the 80 minutes its set to (give or take a minute of injury time)  and is 90% of the time exciting.

Oh and the pussiest sport is synchronized swimming, I mean what the fuck.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2003, 12:47:44 pm by *NADS Lo$eMoney » Logged

Pushing the limits of acceptable human behaviour....
Ace
Resident Ass
God bless the freaks

« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2003, 07:36:48 pm »

Now I'm not going to get up here and hype synchronized swimming, but it's no walk in the park. Do you guys know how much leg strength you need to be able to do all the stuff they do?

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Typhy
God save the Royal Whorealots

Woot

« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2003, 07:57:51 pm »

In all honesty, Bucc, I don't care about your opinion of soccer. I've undoubtably played more than you, and watched more games. I've found soccer to take an ammount of skill unmatchable in any other sport, aside from possibly hockey. This is an unwinable argument, so why bother?

Lose, acting hurt is part of the game. I can take a shot from a wet ball in the knee ( stings like a bitch ), and not flinch, but if I get slide tackeled from behind, I'll be on the ground in "pain". It's just another part of the game. You're taught the same thing in football - if someone hits you after the play, act hurt. If you're a kicker and someone hits you, act hurt.  

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2003, 08:06:39 pm »

Ace, water polo is one tough sport to play, the only reason it didn't make my list for cool is that it's not a good spectator sport (most of the hitting and action is hidden).  It could get better with all the underwater cameras that they use in swimming.

LoseMoney, I'd probably like Aussie Rules more if I actually thought there were rules involved =D.  The whole name just seemed like a lie to me.  Seriously though, it's not a bad sport, but they quit showing it around here.

One sport I'm surprised that hasn't been mentioned is Sumo Wrestling.  Come on, who doesn't love watching a bunch of overweight men in thongs pawing at each other to find out who's on top?  =D

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Screw the pussy isolationists and their shortsightedness - Buccaneer
bronto
« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2003, 09:05:03 pm »

why did this turn thread turn into "which sport is harder?". no sport can be considered harder then another, since they are all very different from eachother. it's like comparing jobs (which it kind of is), saying my job is harder then yours when each person had to go through a completely different background of training and education to do their job (excluding minimum wage jobs).

back to "which sport just plain sucks?", i put down basketball because it's so fast paced, that when you're watching it, it almost becomes predictable. the court is so small. to play, id also go with basketball because im a very white person. id probably be good if i was serious about it, but its just so hard to be serious about something that doesn't please me.
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2003, 09:06:53 pm »

to play, id also go with basketball because im a very white person. id probably be good if i was serious about it

[sarcastic, somewhat racist, please don't scream at me comment]...or if you were black [/sarcastic, somewhat racist, please don't scream at me comment]

Wink

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
Maniac

kill them all!!!

« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2003, 11:51:13 pm »

When it really comes down to it all sports are hard in their own way. for example one of the MOST hardest spots is Golf people make fun of it and think its nothing, but let me tell you it take years and years to be ok at it, and shoot in the 80's. Soccer is a very hard sport i think the plot of it is just somthing i don't care for, and i don't watch it. Football and baseball are prolly just as hard in their own way. Baseball is mostly ALL skill, and Football is more about power, speed, and quickness.

-MP5- season X winners RvS Team.
bronto
« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2003, 11:56:04 pm »

bronto: noob
maniac: note to self; don't contradict...myself.
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2003, 02:47:40 am »

This skill discussion has gotten out of hand.  For the guy that asked how it started, I said that soccer was for the pussies that were afraid to play rugby.  And that still stands.  Rugby and soccer have more in common then they do not, and are played by the same sized guys for the most part.  It's just that the soccer players are afraid of a little pain, that's all.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

bronto
« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2003, 04:28:02 am »

maybe they just like soccer better. rugby guys are definately a little more jacked, although you're right, it can be played by any midsized man. i've seen a few diesel players though, including my current english teacher who played in college.
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2003, 06:56:20 pm »

What you call "soccer" is actually called football. Its our language so stop fecking it about damn it.
American football... what is the point? some weird version of Rugby.. which is jsut better.
Football ("soccer") great if most of the players weren't totallly overpayed ponse's.

uh to boring i give up  Angry

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2003, 08:28:42 pm »

American football... what is the point? some weird version of Rugby.. which is jsut better.

Kind of like rugby league.  Always trying to make it more TV friendly.  Union is the only way to go.

BTW, BFG, you may know this.  I've been looking for this video clip from Rugby (pretty sure it was Rugby League) from back in the late 80's or maybe even 90.  Some huge mook (like 22 stones or something) head-butted the ref and followed it with a punch.  Ref was lights out before the punch even.  I saw the replay of it years ago, and it comes up in conversation now and then, but I can't remember the mooks name.  Any clue?  Just trying to look this up for an unbeliever.

Ace
Resident Ass
God bless the freaks

« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2003, 08:01:20 pm »

What you call "soccer" is actually called football. Its our language so stop fecking it about damn it.

Actually, a little known clause in the Lend-Lease Act actually officially transferred ownership of the language to us. Maybe next time you need military help you should pay in cash. But alas, there's nothing you can do about it now, so start calling it soccer. :P

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #53 on: November 01, 2003, 12:19:10 pm »

Heheh. Now Buccanneer i think i know what your talking about. Im sure ive even seen the clip your talking about. the guy was a walking bloody tank wasn't he. I'll have a ponder...
There are some shockers when things have got a bit messy. saw a clip ages ago when the two teams basically dropped the ball and had a massive fight. awsome. bits and pieces flying everywhere though!!

btw. to whoever said taht soccer players were about the same size as rugby players you might want to have another look ;0)  lets compare a prop with a striker.... you'll find the prop is probablly 8 stone heavier, twice as wide and would eat the striker for breakfast Wink

Ace... aha your 'american' english yes. always laugh when apps ask if i would like 'american english' or 'british english'... erm no i would like 'english english' please... also known as.... ENGLISH!
we need military help? no no not this one again.

Football football football... football! (don't like it much actually. only watch the international games! Cheesy

|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #54 on: November 01, 2003, 06:54:51 pm »

Yeah, tank was an understatement for that guy.  If you think of his name, let me know.  I really need to find that old clip.

About the size of ruggers vs footballers (soccer players), the forwards have some size on them compared to soccer players, but they aren't big guys like you'd think of with American football.  I was one of the biggest guys on our college team at 17 stones (the other prop was 18 stones).  But the wingers in rugby are still down in the 10 - 13 stone range, which is where I'd put most of the soccer players I know too.  To put it in perspective for those out of the know, Warren Sapp comes in at about 22 stones and Randy Moss is about 14 stones.  10 stones = 140 lbs.  But face it, while props are wide bodies, they aren't like linemen in football.  Props have to be able to run out there for 80 minutes without the breaks and play both sides of the ball.

tasty
Special Forces
Forum Whore

we hate it when our friends become successful

« Reply #55 on: November 01, 2003, 10:35:20 pm »

Yeah, agreed, fat people suck.

Patriots always talk of dying for their country and never of killing for their country.? -Bertrand Russell
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #56 on: November 01, 2003, 10:58:03 pm »

lol. hehe. no your right bucc. I can't think of a rugby player weighing any more than 16/17 stone max. i think. probably. but then again these guys are just chunks of muscle and power - and like you said bloody fit. Wouldn't like to try a 100metre race angainst most rugby players....

epsecially if i was going one way and they were going the other!  Wink

|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #57 on: November 01, 2003, 11:53:20 pm »

Jonah Lomu weighs in at 19 stones (and was playing wing for the All Blacks before his kidney problems).  He's the exception though.  He's a monster at 6'5", 260lbs and can run the 100m in 10.8 seconds (that's faster then Barry Sanders or Emit Smith could run it, and at a hell of a lot bigger).  He also holds a bunch of records, is still a young guy, and played forward before moving him to wing.

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2003, 12:43:26 am »

Damn lol. how could i forget Lomu. Now there is a guy you don't want to mess with.
3 inches shorter than my but one hell of a lot heavier i think! ... not to mention his 100 meters Wink

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads