*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 07:35:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Which sport just plain sucks?
Poll
Question: Key work is SUCKS! Not which is best...
Soccer - 9 (25.7%)
Baseball - 8 (22.9%)
Hockey - 4 (11.4%)
Basketball - 10 (28.6%)
Football - 4 (11.4%)
Total Voters: 33

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Which sport just plain sucks?  (Read 3089 times)
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« on: October 03, 2003, 10:24:51 pm »

Well with the rebirth of the sports poll here we go again. Tongue

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

Where is the knowledge we lost with information?

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2003, 12:10:58 am »

I like all of the sports listed. Probably Soccer and Hockey the most.

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
~ Einstein
kami
God bless the freaks

You're not a man without *NADS.

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2003, 11:46:05 am »

I like Fu?ball, Hockey and Baseball. American Football can shove something up it's dirty ass.

*NADS toilet cleaner goldylocks

'There is nothing divine about morality, it is a purely human affair.' - Albert Einstein
'With soap, baptism is a good thing.' - Robert G. Ingersoll
Toxic::Joka
Forum Whore

Now available in PC flavour.

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2003, 01:26:32 pm »

I would have liked to see tennis, golf, any car "sport" and all the track and field stuff up there, but since they werent i voted for football...Slapping other men on the ass in the locker room isnt a sport  Grin

4 votes on basketball!?!? omg, thats like the best sport ever

Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2003, 03:58:09 pm »

Make it 5 for basketball.

BASKETBALL SUCKS!!!

also, joka, anyone who has EVER tried playing golf loves it.
You've obviously never tried (after taking a couple lessons so that you get a decent swing).

Give it a second chance, you'll love it.

As for tennis, I enjoy it quite a bit, and I've played it my whole life, but I know many people don't like it because it's not easy to pick up quickly.    

Race car driving is boring, but I don't hate it like I do basketball.

Football can be really exciting or really boring.

Baseball pwns you all.

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
the oNe
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2003, 04:21:10 pm »

I'll vote hockey because I don't give a damn about Hockey what so ever.
Cobra

Slap ma fro!

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2003, 06:04:42 pm »

Race car driving is boring
Race car driving is fun.  Watching race car driving is not.

If you don't like the way I drive, get off the damn sidewalk!
Forum Whore

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2003, 08:03:42 pm »

Make it 5 for basketball.

BASKETBALL SUCKS!!!

also, joka, anyone who has EVER tried playing golf loves it.
You've obviously never tried (after taking a couple lessons so that you get a decent swing).

Give it a second chance, you'll love it.

I have, go down to the local golf range....after hours, borrow a couple hundred balls and swing away. The swinging part is fun, seeing how far you can hit..man that ball flies long  Wink  ....But as a "sport" its boring like no other thing can be boring.

Tennis...Ive played alittle...its boring to play, and hundred times more boring to watch.

Snipe give basketball a chance, a proper chance..its fun to watch AND play

kos.viper
Forum Whore

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2003, 11:17:04 pm »

As for tennis, I enjoy it quite a bit, and I've played it my whole life, but I know many people don't like it because it's not easy to pick up quickly.

Whole life being, 12 years?

kos.viper
Xbox LIVE Gamertag: Brain 7
The box said "requires Windows 98 or better"... so I bought a Mac.
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2003, 10:12:39 am »

Soccer sucks because it's for the pussies that are too afraid to play Rugby.  =P

And anyone that says "try and play soccer, it takes such skill" has either not played both or is full of shit.

GO ALL-BLACKS!  Rugby World Cup games this weekend.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2003, 10:14:44 am by Buccaneer » Logged

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Screw the pussy isolationists and their shortsightedness - Buccaneer
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2003, 10:41:50 am »

Soccer is the best sport, without question.

Worst sport would have to go to ( not listed ) Rugby or Cricket ( what kind of a sport do the players stop for tea, and bring tables out onto the field at 4:00 during? ).

Buccaneer, out of all the sports I play/have played competivly, soccer is the one that requires the most skill.

Basketball often comes down to knowing how to use your screens. Football comes down to ( I'm a Wide Reciever and Defensive Back ) being faster than your oponent. Baseball requires lots of skill, however, lacks the teamwork of soccer.  Hockey's right up there with soccer.

I'm not "afraid" to play any sport ( I mean fuck, what else can go wrong? I've broken my knee skiing, both arms playing football, my ankle ( soccer ), my nose ( basketball ), and my wrist ( baseball ).

Soccer and Rugby are far from the same game. Soccer requires speed, the ability to see the full field, the abliity to see passing lanes through multiple defenders, 2 strong feet, and most of all - the ability to combine fakes with dribbles to beat your oponent.

Anyway, in conclusion: Soccer owns, Rugby and Cricket suck.    

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
Forum Whore

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2003, 02:04:34 pm »

*has 2 best player trophies from -95 and -96 in soccer*  Grin
« Last Edit: October 05, 2003, 02:04:59 pm by l ! l Joka » Logged

Mr.Mellow
Official ass-kisser
Forum Whore

m00t!

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2003, 04:17:46 pm »

No way. Rugby kicks so much ass. Ahh man...I love me some Rugby. The worst sport up there is Basketball, because ever since 8th grade, I've hated it. I ruined my left knee playing basketball, sniff sniff. I still have a tad bit of a limp from that. But ahhh...Australian Rules Football is the best sport, ever. So cool to watch, lots of violence, and it's confusing as hell, which makes it fun to try and figure out what's going on.

It puts itself on ice...It puts itself on ice, or else it gets the orange juice again!

m00t, I am the Screwer of Squirming Citrus.
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2003, 06:50:56 pm »

Worst sport would have to go to ( not listed ) Rugby or Cricket ( what kind of a sport do the players stop for tea, and bring tables out onto the field at 4:00 during? ).

They stop for tea in Rugby?  That would be news to the whole Rugby world.  Don't be an idiot Typhy.

Buccaneer, out of all the sports I play/have played competivly, soccer is the one that requires the most skill.

And I'll bet you've never played Rugby.

I'm not "afraid" to play any sport ( I mean fuck, what else can go wrong?

Watch a rugby game sometime before you say that.  Think of all the violence in both soccer and football, and then take away all the padding.  

Soccer requires speed, the ability to see the full field, the abliity to see passing lanes through multiple defenders, 2 strong feet, and most of all - the ability to combine fakes with dribbles to beat your oponent.

Which one of those skills don't you need in rugby?  

I get the feeling that you don't know much about rugby at all Typhy.  I don't think you've even ever seen a game.  Try catching the World Cup, it's going on down in Australia (matches start this week).  

If I had to pick a second sport, it would be Lacrosse, especially the way the Native Americans play it.  Fencing is also a very cool sport.

You did make me change my statement though Typhy.  I said previously that if you said soccer took more skill you either hadn't played rugby or were full of shit.  I need to change that to an and/or now =P (please, give me a break with that tea time bullshit).

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Typhy

Woot

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2003, 06:58:03 pm »

The tea thing is in Cricket, not Rugby. Perhaps I wasn't clear.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2003, 07:04:02 pm »

And have you ever even seen a rugby match Typhy?  Know how it's played or the rules?  Because your post and the skills you list make me think you are talking more about Hurling then Rugby.

Cobra

Slap ma fro!

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2003, 07:51:38 pm »

Fencing is also a very cool sport.
Aw.  Fencing seems like it'd be a lot of fun, but I really dunno if there's anywhere to get started around here...

If you don't like the way I drive, get off the damn sidewalk!
Cutter

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2003, 10:07:04 pm »

what the hell was the olyimpic committee thinking when they decided that "curling" is a sport?  curling has to be the lamest sport around.

Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn.
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2003, 03:45:42 am »

Curling is an activity, not a sport, as defined by the BCR sports scale.  The first determination is if it is something that is normally done while consuming beer (or other alcoholic beverages), and you get better at it, it is an activity, not a sport.

For example.  Bowling is not a sport.  Neither is horseshoes or Bacci Ball.  Golf is on the bubble, but leans towards activity the way everyone I know plays it.  

This is why Softball is an activity, while Baseball is a sport.  You've never seen a baseball game where you had a keg setting on each base and you had to down a mug before passing, have you?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2003, 03:46:28 am by Buccaneer » Logged

PsYcO aSsAsSiN
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

A blast from the past...

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2003, 05:28:41 am »

Soccer by far out of the "popular sports" because it is the sport that requires the absolute least skill (there is a reason why AYSO is so damn popular - because ANY kid can play the game, regardless of age and skill level). Any "sport" in which anyone can play with ease just plain sucks in my opinion.

As for rugby Bucc, i'll put money down that the Wallabies will smack your All-Blacks.

Rainbow 6/Rogue Spear/Ghost Recon/Raven Shield/America's Army/XBOX 360: Mighty Bruin

-retired- (MIA 6/17/02)
Hasta la vista, baby!  Embarrassed
Co-Leader, clan PsYcO.

Clan PsYcO - 11/01/00 - 02/08/02
R.I.P. Grifter
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads