*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 11:14:29 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Need help!!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Need help!!  (Read 1006 times)
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

« on: June 15, 2003, 04:31:34 pm »

Well, I'm trying to play Ghost Recon and Rogue Spear equally, but I'm having problems with Rogue Spear.

The thing is, I can only play it once per startup. If I start the game, then quit the game, then start it again, when I try to play, it will be really slow and really choppy. What's the problem and what's the solution?   Sad

Specs (cause someone will ask):

iMac 15", G4, 700 mHz, 640 mb RAM, 32 mb Video Card, Cable Modem.

So, any ideas?

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
Mr.Mellow
Official ass-kisser
Forum Whore

m00t!

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2003, 05:00:36 pm »

Yeah I used to have that kind of problem with other games. I can't remember what I did to fix it, though. It might be some sort of extension conflict. If you have Conflict Catcher, run it. Also, how much memory do you have devoted to RS? That's probably not the problem, but you never know.

It puts itself on ice...It puts itself on ice, or else it gets the orange juice again!

m00t, I am the Screwer of Squirming Citrus.
Cobra

Slap ma fro!

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2003, 06:10:06 pm »

Humm...I've been having the same problem since I first got the game, and still have not found a solution.  If I leave a multiplayer game, I must restart before joining a new one or else the game simply runs too slow to be playable.

And it seems my machine is exactly the same as yours...(iMac 700mhz, 640 RAM, etc.).

If anyone could suggest a fix to this, I might consider actually playing this game again...I had originally wanted to continue playing RS after I got Ghost Recon, but this little problem proved to be too frustrating, and I gave up.

If you don't like the way I drive, get off the damn sidewalk!
Typhy
God save the Royal Whorealots

Woot

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2003, 01:43:30 am »

Nice to hear I'm not the only one who gets that! On my non gaming 867g4 which has a 32MB Geforce 2MX in it, I can play Rogue Spear once per startup, then I get that jerky thing. No problems on my powerbook ( 1GHZ G4, 64MB ATI Radeon 9000 Pro ).

Could it have to do with the graphics card? Do you both have 32MB Geforce 2MX's?

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
Casper
Forum Whore

Shut it

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2003, 07:05:50 am »

i get the same problem but olny recently.

The marines are so good they took a jeep into some Iraq village trying to get ambushed, they refueled 6 times and did everything they could to get ambushed. and didn't!
Then the same people take in a army jeep and try not to get ambushed and they do. but the marines kill them all and go home.
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2003, 06:18:35 pm »

Hollow told me to try one thing, and that was to lower the Disk Cache (memory control panel) to one mb (1024 kb, but you knew that).

Anyway, for a while it seemed to work, I was able to restart rs about 6 times before it went back to the choppy thing, and i had to restart.

I'll run more tests again today when I get home.

Really glad I'm not the only one that has this problem.

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
(SEALs) one

I am and always will be Agent #1

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2003, 07:23:44 pm »

haha noobs
My imac 400DV runs it better than your comps haha

I am and always will be Agent #1
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads